{'en': 'Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G6 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know

jconegar's profile photo   09/17/2016 12:27 a.m.

Thanks @"Inday" for your information.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/11/2018 12:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

For now there are G5 sensors (and G4, which are the same and is what has saved the G4, along with other third -party systems).Later ... you will see.I wish they maintain 2 different sensors ... With the Seven they did not (only a time), and forced people to change to a system that some saw how a setback (in a country how ours where you paid 100%).And what do you know that if you have a seven -old, conveniently modified, works with the G4 and G5 sensors (they were desire to "annoy").On the other hand, remember that the first Seven ... had sensors for 3 days (three days) that of course people stretched much more ... then, later, the Dexcom's lords said that it was already coming for 7 days (firstIt was the STS3 and then STS7), the result is that the same lasted (the difference is that in the first they guaranteed 3 days ... and then guaranteed 7 days).That they put more or less days is anecdotal for the vast majority of users, who take it out of double to 6 or 7 times the planned duration.When people have tried it, results are seen on the duration with respect to other systems, although the precedent we already have (Seven, G4, G5) (that if I have more than proven, the system does not matter, and the sensor losame ... they last and last the same).The important thing is not that it works 7 or 10 days ... the important thing is when it stops working (which can be 2, 3 or 5 weeks, that depends on each one).On the other hand, the restart of the G6 sensor is a real Christ, risky -for the sensor -, uncomfortable -not to say the following in certain areas like the arm, without help -that you do not have it covered (how many do), and we will see with changed batteries if it is not left by forcing it in this attempt (since it will be more fragile than the original, and more in the position that the change is made, that you have to leave a fine layer, but this isAn assessment that can be wrong -I have not had the opportunity to analyze it -, of course, and others will be solved), in summary, it is clear that it is not intended for countries like ours, if not for countries where you throw it to the10 days, you take transmitter and start sensor (nothing to do with the "old" SEVEN, G4 or G5 that is to give a Botoncito).But well ... all this will be seen ... and on the price .... I hope I hope it is very cheap ... I think, seeing Dexcom's trajectory from birth, which will be cheaper the acquisition (normal, less sensors come, remember 3) And even that, at the marketing level, can use it as "a little more expensive than an Abbott free", in fact they are already using it how "it will be cheaper" (I insist,3 sensors), but in the end it will be the same since the sensors (and also, I speak for my experience with Dexcom) they will last the same, in the long run (how happened with the first dexcom with 3 days that lasted 7 u8 times more ... to the 7 days that lasted 3 times more ... in the end, it rides so much, so much ride).But nothing, it is a matter of waiting and going ... and by the way, the G6 that "we know" was going to be the G5X (perhaps a G5 Slim) a couple of years ago that already circulated in evidence, which makes sense given given theHuge size of the G5 transmitter and it was something to improve, because for the little new it has to offer a system already known (reduce size and little more ... the previous systems ask you for calibration, that if you do not have it causes ...Nothing, the drop insists but continues to mark without problems, how you will have already proven, and more when the sensor is new).Ahhhh, of course, and this is a technical fact, interesting for those who pay 100% of the device or do not give us anything .... the G6 carries a battery with less capacity than the 2 of the G5 (we already know what lastsA G5 transmitter, after the official 3 months that have been 5 to 6, the other will be seen that will begin to die at all, but I insist, it is a facttechnical, nothing more).For the rest, how any Dexcom, great when the SS begins to give (and do not have a views with transmitters of 350 euros or need to restart sensors).My assessment is simply technical, pure and hard, of a user condemned and forced to use it -degraded, but critical, and more with what it economically implies -... of diabetes I know very little (I only know mine).Let's wait to see the practical results (theorists are already on the Dexcom website, and commercials are that, commercial).Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
08/11/2018 2:04 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello everyone, I am 33 years old, diabetics since the 14th. I would like to try a sensor for the first time and for what I have read, I think the Dexcom is the most complete.Could you give me instructions from buying it?Thank you very much in advance.

guacyra's profile photo
guacyra
09/11/2018 12:44 p.m.

@"Guacyra" calls Novalab by phone give you information without any commitment and without then overwhelmed calls.
Dexcom particularly I think that today is the best MCG we have, it gives you a security and change of life that will not look like what you have lived in your diabetes, you can know your diabetes, how long to start eating before to avoid peaks, as glucose behaves at different types of HC, with its alarms no more hypos, I advise you 100%.
Novalab Tlf 918 024 515

guacyra said:
hello everyone, I am 33 years.Could you give me instructions from buying it?Thank you very much in advance.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/11/2018 1:17 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you very much @jconegar today I start my journey with the G5, to see how it is given ... I am reading several threads to familiarize the operation and I have seen that there is a possibility of expanding the life of the sensors.With the transmitters I see that it is more complicated ...

guacyra's profile photo
guacyra
09/18/2018 2:52 p.m.

I advise you to see the video of the insertion in the arm of the new Dexcom G6.
Tell you that in the video for the nerves of being the first to put it on and wantStuck, "for that on that tab.

Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/04/2018 12:15 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Thanks for the video!Sure and enjoyable as always.= D>
But ... you are already taking us to tell us how it is going!:)]
And how long does it last!X_x

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/04/2018 11:48 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Thank you very much for the video !!Is the transmitter really more finite than the G4?

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
10/04/2018 1:05 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

maritxu22 said:
Thank you very much for the video !!Is the transmitter really more finite than the G4?

Nothing that is above the sensor stands out

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/04/2018 6:46 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Is the G6 for sale in Spain ..?:-?

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/04/2018 7:34 p.m.

The worst of the G6 is that it cannot be restarted as the previous versions, right?I have read that at least.With what no longer comes out, but very expensive!

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
10/07/2018 2:49 p.m.

rosanriv said:
The worst of the G6 is that it cannot be restarted as the previous versions, right?I have read that at least.With what no longer comes out, but very expensive!

If the sensors can be restarted, at first only with the manual method (remove it from the sensor, which was a fat and fat), now there are several software methods, but you have to be pending (it is not as simple as the G4-G5, giving him "start").

greetings

pabloj2000
10/08/2018 9:10 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

@"Pabloj2000" can you confirm that those prices are those that Novalab, official dexcom distributor?
I am looking for them for their website and no.I have called this morning and they tell me that they have not confirmed prices to anyone or anything, if you say they are confirmed I imagine that you will have the typical image with the prices they always put, right?It would beg the administrators to confirm that prices confirmed by the distributor.
Do not find rates or information about Dexcom G6.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
10/09/2018 8:03 p.m.

Hello MJSM ... those prices hanging on that website (I will put it again as soon as you can), are confirmed by the Commercial Network of Novalab, as it puts, to the people of that page.For me they are reliable because they are altruistic and trust people, without interest from behind.Greetings

pabloj2000
10/09/2018 8:46 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I am that I am a little skeptical and until I am confirmed by official distributors, the prices usually doubt, and more when I have called Novalab this morning and they tell me that prices have not confirmed them to anyone.
I do not say that those prices can be or not, but I like to confirm these things with totally verified information.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
10/09/2018 9:27 p.m.

I can tell you that this information is taken from the aforementioned page, and I know that the distributor or commercial has been provided.Greetings

pabloj2000
10/09/2018 9:40 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

aaandres said:
thanks for the video!Sure and enjoyable as always.= D & GT;
But ... you are already taking us to tell us how it is going!:)]
And how long does it last!X_x

Leaving a few days to be more objective but for values ​​compared so far they are impressive, on Wednesday or Thursday I will put photos with values ​​comparing them.

For now I am very happy with him I was afraid that the adhesive could take off but at all and since last Wednesday I have trained every day except Sunday and two of those days I have doubled and one of them has been a pool and continues stuck as theFirst day, I will also be photo of how it is.

Another point that I liked very much is that the Dexcom G6 receiver looks perfectly in full sun training what is a great comfort.

I have used high and low alarms, and I will put images of high and low and how values ​​coincide, some value has dispersed a little but when looking at the 13 minutes the dexcom meter has square value with the old capillary so I give itFor good.

I do not know what model of Dexcom G5 I was carrying but if I lost the signal I think that for half an hour and then I approached me, dexcom G6 also does not know the time you keep the information but it does.

You can put an impressive amount of information on the receiver, slow, fast insulin, health status, if you have drunk alcohol (this I do not think the teenagers do not write down hahaha).Carbohydrates, if this information is used, will be great information for doctors to analyze everything.

Being a touch screen and preventing it from being pressed wrongly carries a very simple block and is to press on two digits 1 and 2, come on, we have no complication, if I see something necessary since being tactile could be pressed without wanting the screen.

The size is also very good because nothing stands out.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/09/2018 11:19 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

As I commented, the prices that appear published in the republikadiabetes analysis (in Google the found), are, and copy and paste:

1 Sensors box (3 sensors/box): 275 euros (VAT included)
Transmitter: 200 euros (VAT included)
Receiver: 550 euros (VAT included)
Basic kit (1 box of 3 sensors + transmitter): 450 euros (VAT included)
Quarterly Kit: 899 euros (VAT included)

And attached prices already published in other forums, in UK (there, price of sensors and transmitter is the same, in G5 and G6), simply as a reference, by proximity.

Greetings

pabloj2000
10/10/2018 3:23 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

These are images of values ​​comparisons in the new Dexcom G6.Meter that has advanced a lot and the values ​​are quite acceptable.
These values ​​have been taken when I have been sure that it has been stable.
I indicate that this thread is Dexcom G6 and only G6 is said any other comment does not proceed in this thread.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/10/2018 3:51 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

This is the value just spending the two hours of heating, first reading at no time has been calibrated.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/10/2018 3:55 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.