{'en': 'Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G6 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know

jconegar's profile photo   09/17/2016 12:27 a.m.

Fernandog said:
@"jconegar" last year or may do a little more, I looked at him to think which one suited me more.Now I just put on the web and I have seen that it is effectively sold, although the Novalab Iberia website is still a bit confusing, at least I do not see something like a "store" where to compare prices and other HTTP: //www.novalab.es/

I do not agree with the confusion that you can create, last year came all the information on its website.

Who has once said that Novalab has online store?

I assure you that there is a nonsense of Dexcom Posts and nobody has been confused, it is called by phone they serve you by phone very well and explain what you want, if you want more information they send you that same day prices and then each one decides what whatwants.

Since the sale of Dexcom G5 was authorized in Spain, information from it was published on its website.

We have to be careful when writing so as not to create confusion.

This forum is always characterized by giving a reality of everything

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/05/2017 2:50 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

since the G6 will only be marketed in the US.How can you buy it there, through friends.
Is the US medical recipe or a recipe here?How would the purchase procedure in the US be?

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
10/16/2017 12:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

holes9 said:
since the G6 will only be marketed in the US.How can you buy it there, through friends.
Is the US medical recipe or a recipe here?How would the purchase procedure in the US be?

That someone corrects me but I am right but Dexcom G6 is not marketed in the USA yet.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/16/2017 3:39 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

That I know has not yet left, there was talk of 2018 in the US, it was also said that before an update of the transmitter and the receiver would come out for the G5 ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/16/2017 8:33 p.m.

Hello!I add to this info thread about the Dexcom G6:

March 28, 2018
The FDA has just allowed the commercialization of the DEXCOM G6 to determine blood glucose levels in children two years and older and adults with diabetes.A device that is planned, according to company sources, that arrives in Spain in the second half of this year 2018 and that presents developments with respect to the Dexcom G5.

The Dexcom G6 is a device that applies to the skin of the abdomen with its previous versions and contains a small sensor that continually measures the amount of glucose in body fluid.The device transmits glucose readings in real time every five minutes to a compatible visualization device, such as a mobile medical application on a mobile phone and activates an alarm when the blood sugar level of a patient enters an area of ​​danger too muchHigh or falling too low.

If the Dexcom G6 is integrated with an automated insulin dosing system, an increase in blood sugar would trigger insulin release from the pump.The patch device must be replaced every 10 days.

The previous Dexcom G5, received the approval of the FDA in 2016, but was not designed as an integrated system to be used with compatible devices.Unlike the previous model, the DEXCOM G6 is calibrated from the factory and does not require that users calibrate the blood glucose sensor with digital puncture.

Link

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/05/2018 7:33 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Good news ... without calibrations and, above all, finally, finer.
Let's see how it comes in price.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/06/2018 8:47 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

But if it only lasts 10 days ..........

chema's profile photo
chema
04/06/2018 7:51 p.m.

Hello everyone, this week I have collected a new transmitter for the G5 [in Valencia is financed].The Dexcom representative, I commented that the new G6 will be released for the summer and that in principle the G5 will be changed to the G6.
I could not talk much about the subject, because I was in the middle of a formation for new patients, but I do commented that it will come with an associated infuser, in Spain with G5 we had none, I consider it something very positive, in the US they did sell with G5This infuster Link
I also find it interesting to improve the insertion system, not having to calibrate it [messages to inopportune hours to warn you of the calibration], and that size is reduced, it is not the most important thing but it will be appreciated that it has a smaller size.
The duration of 10 days, the G5 is 7 days although as a general rule to whom they last are 14 days, although most endure over 20 days.
As for prices, I doubt that they go down, I think our fight in Spain is to get it to be financed in part or their entirety for all who need it.

JAVIERPT's profile photo
JAVIERPT
04/08/2018 12:14 p.m.

@"Javierpt" but in Valencia they finance everyone the Dexcom or only to people with more associated problems, that is, with many inadvertent hypoglycemia, very bad control, insulin bomb etc ...
Because they finance the Dexcom in one part or in its entirety it seems to me a real bargain !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/08/2018 12:59 p.m.

It is financed to patients with infuses with bad control by one of the following points:
Have glycosylated
Have at least 4 weekly hypos and/or inadvertent
And of course you want, know, know ...

JAVIERPT's profile photo
JAVIERPT
04/08/2018 2:11 p.m.

On YouTube there are several videos about the Dexcom G6, I leave you the link of one that has seemed interesting to me
Link

JAVIERPT's profile photo
JAVIERPT
04/08/2018 7:16 p.m.

@"Javierpt", can you clarify a thing?You put that they have been told that the G5 will change us for the G6 and at the same time you say that a pump associated with the G5 will come, so if they change the G5 for the G6, the bomb with which it works?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/13/2018 12:50 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello gala, you have understood me badly, with the G5 Social Security in Spain I think I had no bomb that communicated (in the USA), I carry that of Roche and I have to test in blood to send the bowling (I still spend threeminimum daily strips).
With the G6 I think they will market in Spain an infuser that will be “understood” and the data directly from the Dexcom will pass to the infuser, and this will be subsidized by Social Security, this week it has been flying, the next one I will send a message forTo tell me that it is infusing, greetings

JAVIERPT's profile photo
JAVIERPT
04/13/2018 10:08 p.m.

@"Javierpt", is the T: Slim X2, today it works associates the G5 at least in Italy and the US but its software is prepared to be able to update to G6 but it is that I arrive here directly prepared for the G6 ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/15/2018 10:04 a.m.

gala said:
@"Javierpt", is the T: Slim x2, today it works associates the G5 at least in Italy and the US but its software is prepared to be able to update to G6 butI am here that I get directly prepared for the G6 ...

Correct with the T: Slim X2 that in Spain have not commercialized and as you can see in the link I put up, this Link they are also collaborating with the omnipod, which here is notHe has commercialized, correct me yes I'm wrong.On Monday I send him a message and leave doubts, when I am clear I share it.All the best.

JAVIERPT's profile photo
JAVIERPT
04/15/2018 10:23 a.m.

Good morning, I have consulted it and they tell me that the "intention" is to finance the T: Slim X2 together with Dexcom G6.We will see how the subject evolves.

JAVIERPT's profile photo
JAVIERPT
04/16/2018 10:18 a.m.

@"Javierpt", could have already been thrown to the roll and bring the omnipod ....

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/19/2018 9:57 a.m.

Well, in the end, except for alarms, the freestyle is not as bad as it seemed because with the Dexcom G6 they have made an applicator practically identical to the free and the factory calibrated sensors come out and the software "kills" them at 10 days as it happensWith the free at 14 days with the fattening that the sensor involves changing at 10 days because it will never match you with the same specific day as you fit to change your sensor.I think Dexcom was waiting for the approval of the FDA to extend the life of G6 until 14 days as free.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/19/2018 10:56 a.m.

gala said:
@"Javierpt", they could have already been thrown into the roll and bring the omnipod ...Fund as such preloaded and without cables it seems to me 10.

JAVIERPT's profile photo
JAVIERPT
04/19/2018 1:47 p.m.

sigsauer said:
... and the software "kills" at 10 days ...

What a fabric.Well, let's see what we do, because our G4 will die little by little (I had to agency for a second receiver) and pay sensors every 10 days destroys any economy (in addition to the transmitter every 3 months, I imagine).
Let's see if a serious competition arrives soon.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/19/2018 2:54 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.