{'en': 'Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G6 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know

jconegar's profile photo   09/17/2016 12:27 a.m.

Hello good morning everyone,

I've been without spending time and seeing the case of Jldiazdel I wanted to tell mine to see advice and experiences of experts.

I used free freeyle years ago when it arrived in Spain until I was allergy as a year and peak.I left it for a while and discovered the G4 and I have been with G4, G5 and G6 for more than 5 years.The fact is that a month ago I am allergy the glue and it seems that nothing has changed if I do not skin that has begun to reject.

My first tests were to place two Hydrophilm type booths below (to the second without hole because if they don't always finish me) and put the sensor on top.With this I avoided allergy but it took me very fast because with sweat and movement it does not stand.Now I have tried to put Skin Tac below, the two layers, sensor on top and another layer protecting and so far it effectively endures me, the only thing that Skin Tac leaves me some reaction dots.

An additional advice or trick?Is there something similar to Skin Tac to try others?

Thank you very much and a hug
Jesus

jegalonso's profile photo
jegalonso
03/01/2020 10:48 a.m.

42 años, DT1 desde los 12 años. HbA1c: 5.3%
Dexcom G6 - Humalog y Toujeo

Hello Jesus
@jagalonso

I used with the free (TB gave me allergy) Fixomull and Tegaderm.I sweated a lot in the gym and did not take off.I hit everything like a lapa!

In fact to remove my sensor I use Derma Sol and stir.They are products to remove glue in delicate skin.And then I wash the area well and I put Bepanthen cream for a few days.

But I didn't know Hydrofilm.I always towards a hole and focused the sensor with patience.But you comment that you put Hydrofilm (in fact 2) and without making a hole.Doesn't the Dexcom sensor filament spoil?

I am very worried that I allergy the Dexcom sensor.In fact I have started protecting the skin with Skin Tac, and for the moment.

This allergies is terrible!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/01/2020 12:40 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel
I made the hole at the beginning but in the end I reaction in that area and seeing on the Internet in an American forum, for the people who made a lot of reaction recommended without hole.

I have a couple of sensors like that and I do tests to verify if the readings are affected and everything perfect.Now I am with adherence.

Thank you very much for the recommendations, I will try the other glue instead of Skin Tac to see if they go better and stir to see if it helps to go better.

How do you apply to remove it?

All the best

jegalonso's profile photo
jegalonso
03/01/2020 1:03 p.m.

42 años, DT1 desde los 12 años. HbA1c: 5.3%
Dexcom G6 - Humalog y Toujeo

@jagalonso

Stir are some wipes like the Skin Tac.I'm getting wet on the edges slowly and waiting for a couple of minutes to take effect.Then I'm taking off, well my wife takes care of it has more patience.But I also put the Derma Sol.This is liquid.And we let it penetrate little by little.And my wife takes off the sensor very very slowly.

What I have seen that has helped me a lot to recover my skin is the Bepanthen cream.I put myself in the area for about three days and accelerate recovery.Because my skin is a bit red.The funny thing is that it gets red the next day.But if I get Bepanthen immediately anything.

I think you can keep the Skin Tac.Adherence improves greatly.The others that I have told you Tegaderm (this is something expensive!) And Fixomull are transparent apostites I think very similar to Hydrofilm for what I have looked at the Internet now.But maybe they have more adhesion.I don't know that.And neither will the filament be affected!

It is good to know that the filament is not affected with the Hydrophilm and the sensor can be put directly.More comfortable

All the best

jldiazdel
03/01/2020 1:32 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello

It seems that I wear a bad streak with the sensors!On Thursday I put on a new sensor, on the right arm.On Saturday he began to make sudden changes of measurement.He quickly went down about 20 and then after a while he returned, and some signal loss.On Sunday, yesterday, he was all morning with signal losses.But then it worked again.But at 5 afternoon, he said mistake, wait up to three hours.And at 3 and a half, change the sensor.Try to activate it with the code, and at the time said Sensor.What a disaster

This morning I put a new one, already in the belly.I hope it lasts.

Something similar happened to someone?Do you know the reason?It may be to take a muscle or arm area in which the sensor filament did not collect readings well.Or blood (on Friday I gave myself a good tute in the Gym and I did enough push ups and exercises).Maybe it is simply a defective sensor, but the curious thing is that it worked more or less three days.If it happens to me again, I will have to get in touch with Dexcom

All the best

jldiazdel
03/09/2020 11:32 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

No G6 user of this forum has had failures / sensor errors?

Oh !

jldiazdel
03/15/2020 6:59 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello!!Yesterday I started with the Dexcom G6 and XDrip+ and very well, but a few hours ago this message "g6 state isn't currently known. Next Connection Will Update This" has come out and I do not receive more glucose readings.Can anyone help me, or do I know what do I have to do to fix it?

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
09/16/2020 7:17 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@Maritxu22

I don't know very well with XDrip.I use it with iPhone and there are two types of errors.One for some Bluetooth failure, but always says that you wait for half an hour in the alert message and normally at 10-15 m the measurements come out again.I check Bluetooth works and that's it.Another more worrying error message is when it says connection/error failure and tells you that you can wait until three hours.Most of the time at the time it works again but in a few told me after 3 hours: change the sensor!And I have never got it to work again.It has only happened to me a couple of times, but it feels very bad

jldiazdel
09/16/2020 11 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks for answering!Finally what I did and solved was to uninstall and re -install the application

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
09/19/2020 8:19 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

I'm glad it was just that!

jldiazdel
09/19/2020 1:51 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello chic@s, if you want information from the G6, you can ask me I will meet him a year and it is fantastic, of course it lasts 10 days, it could be about 15, because you have to change the site, my normal glucose is 180 forI asked someone in the XDrip forum because with forgiveness Dexcom is incredible with hypos predictions I stay with Xdrip.The problem is that the first sensor under one day, the second only 8 days, and the last one in the 7 day asked me for change.I changed the Dexcom waiting for answers to Github or I can help.I will tell you, it was that day the worst of being diabetic

paula8890's profile photo
paula8890
11/22/2020 11:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am a little lost on how to sail in the forum, if you can advise.I am new and that I dare to participate in a forum: '(

paula8890's profile photo
paula8890
11/22/2020 11:47 a.m.

News about Dexcom G7 are already coming out

Link TL0QQK

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
12/02/2020 8:32 p.m.

Thanks for the information!

jldiazdel
12/04/2020 5:40 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.