{'en': 'Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G6 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know

jconegar's profile photo   09/17/2016 12:27 a.m.

Jo I hope that G4 lasts a few more years, because I get cheaper than free, the sensors already last for 35 days (the last 50 lasted me).Going to 10 or 14 days because the sensor dies seems to me a m ___...

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/19/2018 4:24 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@"sigsauer", although you have to change it every 10 days, (which currently sell it to you for a week even if it lasts more and many people are now changing it every 10-12 days especially in children, so those are going to thoseTo favor because they will give them guarantee for those 10 days that now have 7, the whore is for those that lasts 1 month), I stay with Dexcom, the freestyle does not even have the accuracy that Dexcom has, it does not even make meThe G6 damn the G6 but if you read the characteristics, he says that it is valid to make decisions, from the free I did less than a fair shotgun ...
The G4 disappears but already ... and G5 we'll see what happens

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/19/2018 4:53 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@"Maritxu22" @"aaandres" is that of that is precisely what the hundreds of thousands of users who stretch the Dexcom G4 G5 sensor are complaining about 3-4 weeks and that they finance it from their humble pockets, whichThe G6 makes them the great p ..... !!!unless they lower the price of the sensors that I doubt that it happens because they know how it happens with the free that whoever begins to use it then does not know how to live without it.Obviously in countries that their medical insurance or health systems are financed, it is brought to the Pairo that the sensors last 7.10 or 14 days.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/19/2018 8:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's wait for the sensors more than what they say of factory!The G5 that they say that they last 7 days I have achieved, or had luck, I no longer know which of the two, and they owe me 20 days or almost a month!But there is no money that reaches !!!!!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
04/20/2018 4:32 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Ahhhhh, and do not deceive you with the "updated" prices of G6, huh?that the sensor box puts them at 275 euros, and more than one thinks what a small reduction .... Ojito ... 3 sensors are coming per box!

Those who have g4 and g5 can, while there are sensors (which I hope is a few more years) you can continue to use (I do not change me for at least 5 years) ... and to the transmitters with the morning you "recyclais" thePila and Arreando ... just spend on sensors, which is not little.The G6 is still known almost nothing ... of entry you have to make numbers to "restart" the sensor, which seems to be (you have to take out the transmitter from the sensor, which has a system that is almost "to use and throw").Here in Europe I hope that G4-G5 will endure it a lot of time, and the G6 that leaves him in the USA.When they bring it to Europe, let the SS pay it, if not .... dexcom, with each new version, in my view, the accuracy, the same (now and 10 years ago), thatYes, everything more expensive (if you have to pay of course, and do not "repair").

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/01/2018 5:32 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

@"Pabloj2000" I have read in a forum that the G6 when you start the sensor gives you the option of introducing the serial number and throwing the 10 days without any capillary calibration or not putting the serial number and with 2 daily capillary calibrationsthat you give reliable values ​​as with G4 and G5.Although the information is very green.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/01/2018 7:05 p.m.

Hello, you know when the G6 is finally expected, I am waiting for it with open hands, to see if it is true that it improves with respect to the G5.

Greetings,

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
08/01/2018 6:14 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

pepeluis77 said:
Hello, you know when the G6 is finally expected, I am waiting for it with open hands, to see if it is true that it improves with respect to the G5.

Greetings,

I would tell you that by the end of the year to be safer, I am looking forward to the G6.We go like young children waiting for the toy of Reyes.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/01/2018 9:51 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Pues could already be said that the transmitter of the G5 expires in September, hehe

What surprises me from what I have read, is that it is calibrated from the factory, so very safe they have to be to confirm this and that it works well, which would seem a pass, or a very large shit otherwise, although neither does it eitherI find out a lot because all the information I find in English Pitingli ...

Pepeluis77
08/02/2018 12:49 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

pepeluis77 said:
punis could already be advanced that the transmitter of the G5 expires in September, hehe

What surprises me from what I have read, is that it is calibrated from the factory, so very safe they have to be to confirm this and that it works well, which would seem a pass, or a very large shit otherwise, although neither does it eitherI find out a lot because all the information I find in English Pitingli ...

Dexcom G6 is already in several countries and I assure you that the people who are using it are delighted.
That if people who know the product and if you compare values ​​do so delaying the capillary of 15 to 20 min to confirm that it works.

Also when you start with the Tandem running with the predictive stop and then closed loop will be a bombing, never better said

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/02/2018 3:32 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@"Pepeluis77" I think the G6 also has the option to calibrate with the capillary but you have to activate the option when you start a new sensor.They also want to stretch the sensors until 14 days instead of the 10 days that last now, they are waiting for the approval of the FDA, what I do not know is if there is any way to extend them like the G4 and the G5, the hackers must alreadyBe in it.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/02/2018 6:23 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@"pepeluis77" I think the G6 also has the option to calibrate with the capillary but you have to activate the option when you start a new sensor.They also want to stretch the sensors until 14 days instead of the 10 days that last now, they are waiting for the approval of the FDA, what I do not know is if there is any way to extend them like the G4 and the G5, the hackers must alreadyBe in it .-

The sensors are already stretched;)

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/02/2018 6:40 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I have read on an American page that in the USA Dexcom wants to retire the G4 and G5 soon.It is automatically updating users to the G6 as soon as they make new order and expires the guarantee of the one (I suppose the issuer).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/07/2018 11:01 a.m.

Carlos71 said:
I read on an American page that in the US wants to retire the G4 and G5 soon.It is automatically updating users to the G6 as soon as they make new order and expires the guarantee of the one (I suppose the issuer).

Do you have the page that says this?Talk about something else?Anyway, what happens in the US does not have to happen here, the mother house takes different actions depending on the country.I also do not know if the guarantees of there are like those here but here the guarantee of a product is not ended and I tell you with knowledge of cause.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/08/2018 12:08 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

pepeluis77 said:
punis could already be advanced that the transmitter of the G5 expires in September, hehe

Regarding what you comment on the Dexcom G6, as is the Dexcom G5, it is a non -adjuvant system, that is, it allows clinical decision making without the need for confirmation and for that the measurement interval;But in addition the dexcom G6 is not calibrated , although if desired can be programmed to make a calibration per day, although it also allows sporadic calibrations if estimated necessary .
It is already available in Britain and in October it will be in the main European countries including Spain, we have almost nothing to have it in our hands, the truth that I am looking forward to what I have heard of seeing it for Spain already !!!!

Dexcom G6 I think that the market of continuous glucose measurement with alarms will revolutionize a lot, alarms that are necessary or not, since hypoglycemia warn until once they do not warn and better not to think about what happens but the problem is that the problemIt happens.

After a lot of years using Dexcom and seeing that everything is going to better, I think Dexcom G6 and what users comment will have an impressive reliability.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/08/2018 12:15 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

That is the important thing, reliability.This is the one that had to subsidize the SNS

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/08/2018 1 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I had a problem with a G5 sensor and to replace it, they told me that if it was from a hospital in Valencia I had to do it otherwise, so I understand that in the Valencian Community there must be some type of subsidy.

Seeing that the CAM does not pronounce (it already has enough to finance the master's degrees of their universities, hehe) and that my child does not last for 10 days, I would not mind looking for life in Valencia ...

Pepeluis77
08/08/2018 3:15 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

jconegar said:
Carlos71 said:
I have read on an American page that in the USA dexcom wants to retire the G4 and G5 soon.It is automatically updating users to the G6 as soon as they make new order and expires the guarantee of the one (I suppose the issuer).

Do you have the page that says this?Talk about something else?Anyway, what happens in the US does not have to happen here, the mother house takes different actions depending on the country.I also do not know if the guarantees of there are like those here but here the guarantee of a product is not ended and I tell you with knowledge of cause.

Sorry, I don't remember where I read it (I think on Facebook).I know someone commented that Dexcom had informed him that he updated to the G6 and then some more reported as Dexcom according to the request date sent the G6 or if they were prior to that date they waited for the guarantee to expire.I read it a little above since the United States is not worth much in Spain.Just as a reference of how the thing will go.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/08/2018 8:09 p.m.

jconegar said:
Carlos71 said:
I have read on an American page that in the USA dexcom wants to retire the G4 and G5 soon.It is automatically updating users to the G6 as soon as they make new order and expires the guarantee of the one (I suppose the issuer).

I live in the US and continue with the G4, the guarantee has been expressed to expire a couple of years.The last time I asked for sensors, they called me from Dexcom to see if I wanted to change the G6 but I said that at the moment I was not interested.I send me the sensors for the G4 as always and Chimpun!

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/11/2018 12:09 a.m.

inay said:
jconegar said:
Carlos71 said:
Carlos71 said:
I have read on an American page that in the eeuu dexcom wantsJubilate the G4 and G5 soon.It is automatically updating users to the G6 as soon as they make new order and expires the guarantee of the one (I suppose the issuer).

I live in the US and continue with the G4, the guarantee has been expressed to expire a couple of years.The last time I asked for sensors, they called me from Dexcom to see if I wanted to change the G6 but I said that at the moment I was not interested.I send me the sensors for the G4 as always and chimpun!

Thank you very much @"Inday" for providing real information also based on real events.G4 continues to live without problems for what you tell.Here then, the mother house will decide what to do, it is clear that the assumptions are never worth.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/11/2018 12:16 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.