{'en': 'Blucon, Real -time sensor for free and Android', 'es': 'Blucon, sensor a tiempo real para el Libre y Android'} Image

Blucon, Real -time sensor for free and Android

FernandoGR's profile photo   03/30/2017 12:19 a.m.

Good, I haven't been going through the forum for a long time, but since I have been doing tests with the blucon, I think it is a good idea that I tell you that it seemed to me.

First, to say that I have a BQ Aquaris M5 and that the blucon does not get along well with it (as well as other Bluetooth devices with this same model).In the first instance, I did not even make them communicate, which I solved by activating the location (internal things of the BQ chip).Once this is done, the readings are inconstant, and sometimes happen every 5 min and sometimes totally random, during which it can also be disconnected without more and stop receiving.The BLUCON app, despite being using the updated version is bad, Glimp being a free app one one thousand kicks.
The size of the Nightrider is considerable, I already knew that when buying it, but the fact that the house itself is not involved in manufacturing some type of support for it ... I cannot avoid thinking that adding a couple of hooks to the sides for the sides forAn elastic band would have won a lot.To this complication is added that every time I open the app, I must "reset" the gossip to be recognized, clicking with the stick in the Nightrider button, which I cannot do if I take it, so that ApartIf it is uncomfortable and not very practical, it also makes it recently agile.

Summarizing today I wouldn't buy it.I also believe that this is only the principle in terms of CGM sensors and that in the short/medium term future we will have much more interesting options.Greetings!

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
01/29/2018 10:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Here it has already been commented that with the official Link Blucon application it goes like a potato, the application is green, "the following" and it has also been commented that with xDrip +goes very well, as silk would say, without countingWith the inumerable options that the application gives you and once the Blucon detects, then the device must almost be reviewed and the Bluetooth connection is rarely losing.

What is a big track ..?Well, compared to the sensor of the free free that yes, but you protect yourself with a kinesiotope tape and problem solved;The only inconvenience I see is the short duration of the battery because when XDrip reads the blucon every 5 minutes the device does not disconnect something that if the Dexcom do, which make the reading and disconnects until the next reading forSave battery.-
I personally, being all the green that is the product that obviously has failures, the lid, the stack, the coupling with the sensor, with 4 Apaños and XDrip I am delighted.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/30/2018 9:43 a.m.

Hi @Fernandog.
I had that same mobile until very little.Bluetooth worked fatal, in fact, to be able to connect it to the car I had to hit a piece of silver paper as a "antenna" because if there was no way (you can do it to see if you are doing better.....)
On the other hand, check that you do not have any energy savings option on the phone, because it happened to me that it was disconnected all the time without meaning until I took the energy saving, now it is going very well.
The XDrip app is true, it works much better and you can also put the blood glucose values ​​to calibrate.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
01/30/2018 4:03 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@"Erpla" Thanks for the advice, maybe I consider looking if with an Android clock with Bluetooth and with the glymp I can do something.@"Sigsauer" is spectacular for the two things I need more: play sports and sleep with him.On one occasion, making a little high intensity, the free freestyle jumped, I do not imagine with this.I hope that more affordable alternatives come out in the future!

FernandoGR
02/02/2018 6:07 p.m.

Hello, I have taken one and as long as it comes then I would like to know your advice in addition to what was said.Any way of programming alarms?Any Android Valdria clock?thank you

angeloc's profile photo
angeloc
02/05/2018 5:38 p.m.

@"Angeloc" programming alarms is an easy thing with Glimp (or with the official app).You simply tell him that lower and superior margin you want and when you get out of him, he will already vibrate and so on.From the app options you can do it.On watches or idea, that issue still remains pending, I see that people use the Sony Smartwatch 2 or 3 but I intuit that by the NFC.Once you have the blucon I imagine that if the clock has bluetooth, would it be?

FernandoGR
02/08/2018 12:49 p.m.

Thanks, I will tell when I get

angeloc's profile photo
angeloc
02/11/2018 4:35 p.m.

Hello, those who have this product, can you tell me if the glucose levels provided by this are equal to the results of the free freestyle with your official meter?.Thank you very much greetings.

acinco's profile photo
acinco
02/15/2018 6:21 p.m.

@"acinco" To use Blucon you have to use your own Linkblucon or the XDrip app that in principle makes a continuous reading every 5 mnts so the results although similar are not going to be the same.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/16/2018 9:51 a.m.

No, they are not the same, in my case the high values ​​are less high in blucon and the lowest lows.But as you calibrate it with blood glucose values ​​(in xDrip) I don't know how to trust more, in glycemic stability they coincide quite well.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
02/16/2018 10:29 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Hello everyone!Thank you very much for all the information.It seems that Blucon Nightrider is a good option, I am especially attracted to the idea that it is bought once and only needs to change the pile to keep the device.I have seen that in order to configure the alerts on the mobile, you recommend the Glimp and XDRIP applications, but are not available in the iOS appthore.However, I have seen similar applications such as Nightscout or Sugarmate in iOS appthore, but I don't know if they are compatible with Blucon.Does anyone have experience using blucon and iPhone?

Thank you so much!

xavisur's profile photo
xavisur
02/18/2018 7:43 p.m.

xavisur said:
Hello everyone!Thank you very much for all the information.It seems that Blucon Nightrider is a good option, I am especially attracted to the idea that it is bought once and only needs to change the pile to keep the device.I have seen that in order to configure the alerts on the mobile, you recommend the Glimp and XDRIP applications, but are not available in the iOS appthore.However, I have seen similar applications such as Nightscout or Sugarmate in iOS appthore, but I don't know if they are compatible with Blucon.Does anyone have experience using blucon and iPhone?

Thank you very much!

Glimp is an application only developed for Android.To use blucon on the iPhone you can use:

- The official Linkblucon , which also sends the glycemia data to the Apple health app.
- If you want to curl the curl, you can try with xDripof insulin or HC).In any case, XDrip for iPhone is a beta that will no longer develop (you have to request your participation through an email to the developer).
- You also have the new spike of which I still know almost nothing but that seems the natural continuation of the XDRIP in iOS.

As you can see, several options, but seeing that Linkblucon has incorporated the option to introduce notes and capillary calibration, I would go directly to that ...

Regarding sugarmateA kind of cloud in which to share your glucose data (it can be from the XDrip) and share the data, prepare reports ... you could quickly configure it, I have it configured myself and I could give you a hand, although I do not useNeither the bluon (I have it in a drawer in its box) nor any of these app ...
You tell us!

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/18/2018 11:31 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
xavisur said:
hello everyone!Thank you very much for all the information.It seems that Blucon Nightrider is a good option, I am especially attracted to the idea that it is bought once and only needs to change the pile to keep the device.I have seen that in order to configure the alerts on the mobile, you recommend the Glimp and XDRIP applications, but are not available in the iOS appthore.However, I have seen similar applications such as Nightscout or Sugarmate in iOS appthore, but I don't know if they are compatible with Blucon.Does anyone have experience using blucon and iPhone?

Thank you very much!

Glimp is an application only developed for Android.To use blucon on the iPhone you can use:

- The official Linkblucon , which also sends the glycemia data to the Apple health app.
- If you want to curl the curl, you can try with xDripof insulin or HC).In any case, XDrip for iPhone is a beta that will no longer develop (you have to request your participation through an email to the developer).
- You also have the new spike of which I still know almost nothing but that seems the natural continuation of the XDRIP in iOS.

As you can see, several options, but seeing that Linkblucon has incorporated the option to introduce notes and capillary calibration, I would go directly to that ...

Regarding sugarmateA kind of cloud in which to share your glucose data (it can be from the XDrip) and share the data, prepare reports ... you could quickly configure it, I have it configured myself and I could give you a hand, although I do not useNeither the bluon (I have it in a drawer in its box) nor any of these app ...
You tell us!

Thanks for the answer @jpr.My reluctance in using the official Linkblucon app is that I have read in several opinions that the alerts do not arrive and sought an app with the functionality of alerts compatible with bluon for iOS.Spike is not in the iOS and XDrip App Store if it will not continue to evolve better not?

On the other hand if you have the bluon in the drawer is that he does not just convince you.I am happy with free freestyle sensors (although in my opinion it is a system that is still expensive to wear every day) but I miss that I can know the hypos or hyper glutemia by alerts on the mobile or smart watch, so myDoubts regarding Blucon.

Thanks and greetings!

xavisur's profile photo
xavisur
02/19/2018 7:58 p.m.

xavisur said:
jpr said:
xavisur said:
xavisur said:
hello to all!Thank you very much for all the information.It seems that Blucon Nightrider is a good option, I am especially attracted to the idea that it is bought once and only needs to change the pile to keep the device.I have seen that in order to configure the alerts on the mobile, you recommend the Glimp and XDRIP applications, but are not available in the iOS appthore.However, I have seen similar applications such as Nightscout or Sugarmate in iOS appthore, but I don't know if they are compatible with Blucon.Does anyone have experience using blucon and iPhone?

Thank you very much!

You tell us!

Thanks for the answer @jpr.My reluctance in using the official Linkblucon app is that I have read in several opinions that the alerts do not arrive and sought an app with the functionality of alerts compatible with bluon for iOS.Spike is not in the iOS and XDrip App Store if it will not continue to evolve better not?

On the other hand if you have the bluon in the drawer is that he does not just convince you.I am happy with free freestyle sensors (although in my opinion it is a system that is still expensive to wear every day) but I miss that I can know the hypos or hyper glutemia by alerts on the mobile or smart watch, so myDoubts regarding Blucon.

Thanks and greetings!

Blucon has not convinced me at all not, I think that the free freestyle sensor itself works much better with its reader and its freeLink app, but it is true that it lacks alarms and that it is a true continuous meter, thanIt is not currently.
Regarding Spike, if you are looking for Facebook, I think you will find info, it looks like a very complete app, similar to the XDrip for Android.
Good luck and you will tell us !!

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/19/2018 8:06 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@"Xavisur" xDrip is a complete application, for me even excessively complete, it has the option of practically including everything, insulin, carbohydrates, sport, steps, alarms of all kinds and many more things that I do not even know what they are for.It is mainly for Android but as he tells you @"jpr" there is a beta for Apple that was operational and although it was a bit more complicated to install for trying it you do not lose anything.I think that on the github page it was hanging and well explained (in English).

I tried linkblucon and it is a very basic application and very, very bad.Every two by three I had to reset the blucon because the signal was leaving or because unintentionally the interface went out, I had it 3 hours and removed it.-
The Blucon-XDrip combination is almost perfect.The next sensor will try the new version of Glimp (which is not yet hung on Play Store) to see how.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/19/2018 9:32 p.m.

I bought Blucom, it will arrive in a few days.
I have iPhone and people recommend the XDrip app, does anyone use it ???Can you give me the guidelines to install it ????
Thank you

VERJA's profile photo
VERJA
03/02/2018 2:35 p.m.

Hello, I am new to forum, I have many doubts about the blucon, I am thinking of asking for my 6 -year -old son, we have only with diabetes since November and we are still somewhat lost. For night alarms, can someone tell me how long it lasts?Because on the page they only say reusable times times.Another is attached to freestyle?Or it is held with something, my son has a neoprene bracelet so that the sensor that is manufactured is not detached.Thank you

Brunete1980's profile photo
Brunete1980
03/02/2018 9:44 p.m.

Mamá de Bruno
Debut noviembre 2017 (6 )años
Lenta abasaglar
Rapida Apidra

Hi @brunete1980.For now I can't tell you how long it lasts because I only have it since January 15.For now I just changed the stack when I change the sensor and that's it, it hasn't given me any failure.Regarding the placement: I have it stuck with a piece of zeal made cylinder, there are people who put a velcro, or a dressing, or a bracelet, which best suits your needs.I hope I have helped you, have a good day.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
03/05/2018 11:13 a.m.

Hello Erpla, thank you very much for your information, it has been a great help, for what I see at the moment, I will try to see if we can finally sleep something.;)

Brunete1980's profile photo
Brunete1980
03/05/2018 12:32 p.m.

Mamá de Bruno
Debut noviembre 2017 (6 )años
Lenta abasaglar
Rapida Apidra

@"Brunete1980" The Blucon battery usually lasts an average of 15-20 days with a button pile of the Chinese so to ensure it is normal to change it with each sensor, I have now put a "brand" batteryTo check if it is worth paying something else or continuing with the € 1 per pile.-

The paste, as @erpla has answered with a little heat little thing would be enough, if you are handy and want to put velcro or something else, perfect.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/05/2018 12:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.