{'en': 'Diabetes and Coronavirus', 'es': 'Diabetes y Coronavirus'} Image

Diabetes and Coronavirus

Mespe's profile photo   02/24/2020 8:42 p.m.

Hello.In my case.I was talking on the phone with my endocrine and told me that he was a risk group and that he is a person at risk especially sensitive to the complications of the Coronavirus, so he must remain confined in his home to new ministerial order.
Present the report in my work and I am at home
For the tension of having to go down to work.

cuasy's profile photo
cuasy
03/23/2020 10:12 a.m.

57 AÑOS en 2020
LADA dic/2012.
Toujeo 32 uds 8 AM
Hualoj Lispro 4/6/0
A1c: 6,1% (NOV-20)
FreeStyle FEBRERO/2020

I get very bored because I am very active and I am thinking of returning.If I catch it, bad luck.

cuasy's profile photo
cuasy
03/23/2020 10:12 a.m.

57 AÑOS en 2020
LADA dic/2012.
Toujeo 32 uds 8 AM
Hualoj Lispro 4/6/0
A1c: 6,1% (NOV-20)
FreeStyle FEBRERO/2020

vir said:
As I commented before I only transmit what they have told me calling me directly from the hospital.I am not going to assess whether it is excessive or not but I have also commented that I am young and I have no added problems what my endocrine knows perfectly and, even so, they have bothered to call.Each who makes their own decisions but my comment has been objective and to help.Actually, if I give my opinion, I am not especially worried but since I do not cost anything I will follow the recommendations and I will stay in Casita.Greetings

It has also called me my endocrine of the Ramón y Cajal hospital and he told me the same as yours.He has even given me hygiene guidelines for those who have to buy something.He has insisted a lot to wash his hands with soap and water and guidelines for the person who comes out.Neither obsess or minimize risks,
It seems reasonable.

uma's profile photo
uma
03/23/2020 11:13 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

quasy said:
I am very bored because I am very active and I am thinking of returning.If I catch it, bad luck.

The truth that the situation can be very hard and difficult, but it is not just that you get caught, but in the incubation period, which can be asymptomatic you can infect many people with whom you enter contact or through objectsWhat do you touch.That told me my endocrine in the telephone consultation I had with her.
Anyway, courage for everyone and also we are accustomed to a physical and mental discipline, we will overcome this.

uma's profile photo
uma
03/23/2020 11:20 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

Hello

I think this post of Patricia Santos can be interesting

Link

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/23/2020 1:02 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

We can spread like any other person without any disease, what we do may have more complications than a healthy person.
Having diabetes is not considered preventive, another thing is that there are more pathologies.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/23/2020 5:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!
I have not been able to enter the forum because we have a lot of work.I have been with Coronavirus patients for several weeks.
Of course, one can not say that it is like a flu (it is what they explained to us at the beginning), it is much more contagious but milder in most cases, without knowing how many people are infected for sure.

I understand that each diabetes is different and has to be evaluated by the reference doctor.What they have explained to me is that I have no greater risk of worse evolution of the coronavirus if I take it (if I have more risk of taking it for being exposed, although we have the Epis).I could take the decline if the workload prevented me from controlling glycemia or something, not by diabetes itself.At the moment I am well controlled, and of course I am not going to leave my partners with the workload there.My endocrine in his day if he explained to me that without having the committed immune system I would not be at a greater risk of taking an infection.Another thing is within X years, with long -standing diabetes or if any complication or other disease development.
And of the coronavirus have seen that people with heart disease, hypertension or diabetes, which are treated with medications that increase ECA2 (angiotensin II converted enzyme), have a greater risk of severe infection, because the virus joins those enzymes.Insulin does not increase ECA2, but if some oral antidiabetics, antihypertensives ... but hey, then there are also studies that say there is not enough evidence ... They still do not know many things about how it acts
And I understand that by prevention, general recommendations are made to people with chronic disease whatever, but we must also individualize, follow the individualized health indications that have given us and that's it, but calmly and coherence.
The biggest problem is in the collapse of the health system, as they have already said in another comment ...
Courage if there is any more health with T1 diabetes that continues to work at the foot of the canyon, and those who are at home also that is not easy.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/03/2020 11:50 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Thank you very much @maritxu22, I was not sure about insulin and angiotensin.You calm us very.A strong hug.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/05/2020 8:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Maritxu22, you will see, in part I can agree with you but not quite, I am a doctor of public health and also work although not in hospital but in the Rural Health Center.In the Boja, they sent us the list of diseases and disorders that were considered risk groups and especially sensitive personnel, and the first pathology that comes is diabetes, then heart disease included hypertension, responders, immunodes and oncological and oncological apart from some other.It does not specify the type of diabetes or whether it is wrong or well controlled, nor the evolution, logically, by common sense, if you are poorly controlled and if you have been evolving more time to evolve because also, although not always.In my case, I've been 37 years, is that a lot? Is it considered long evolution how much?, More than 10, 20, 30?.Difficult to know.You don't have to be overwhelmed or anxious but I think you have to be realistic when we say that obviously greater risk there is, not that contagion is easier (I see thousands of flu every year and I have not taken one yet, too, too, too, too, tooIt is true that I beef but there are people who do it and take it), but in case of taking it, at least now that it is the first time, there has been no contact before with this virus and the population in general is not immunized, theProbabilities that evolution is worse than without diabetes are greater.
That is why it is considered especially sensitive group.And that is why they have let me work for many days and those who do not, I do not see patients with respiratory symptoms but the others.We must not be overwhelmed in excess but do not protect us and not take it as if it were a flu because it is not, when it is complicated, it produces bilateral pneumonia and in many cases leaves sequelae of pulmonary hypertension, liver problems and others.That is why I recommend prevention and take care of us all, we all have to do it but I think we even more.And not giving importance to him I don't do any favor.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/06/2020 12:08 a.m.

@meginer, @maritxu22, I remind you that every day at 8 in the afternoon we went to the balcony to applaud to thank you with all my heart for their work.We are proud of our toilets.Force.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/06/2020 11:48 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I believe that in my five years of experience as type 1 diabeticThat tells you that it is very diminished in its daily activity (fatigue, dizziness, bad body, etc.), I have left walking or bike with friends and I had to stop because I had given me a low basement of 35 in theglucometer and get glucose like a madman and my worried friends (in many do not want to go out with you because you cut the royo ...).Anyway, we have just read two medical professionals with very different opinions regarding diabetes.And it is generally something worldwide and doctors too.

As an anecdote the first time I requested the decline because it was risk personnel, the head doctor denied me alleging that it was not risk and that diabetes if it was controlled did not have to be a problem.Days later I returned and touched another doctor and with a very serious face despite seeing me with gloves and mask, he hit me a bronchazo for having come to the health center and not managed by phone.It goes without saying that it gave me the low ipsofact.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
04/07/2020 12:27 p.m.

Narcissus, it is not a matter of opinions, there is a BOE and a bojImmunity reacts or can react "weird" in different situations, often associated with other autoimmune diseases, eg I have a hypothyroidism too.The evolution of coronavirus disease can be worse, but obviously there is nothing sure, this is a matter of statistics and numbers, at risk, then it may touch you or not.I have no knowledge of studies of type 1 diabetics have been infected to see evolution, it would be their own.Of course that does not mean that we have the best possible control because TB will be impote in the case that we infect ourselves.
Another thing is the theme of the Caja Labor, as this is new, I am not surprised that the first doctor did not give it to you and the second yes to us every day we came to a different protocol.At the beginning, there could not be a decrease because there was no acute disease, you are not bad and the decrease is not indicated but from Occupational Health, you had to adapt the job if you can, in any case it was not discharged.Three days ago that is already a reason for loss.And it is because the protocols have changed.I have adapted the position, I am teleworking, doing the telephone monitoring of the infected Ptes are at home, coordinating the different situations and giving results of tests carried out before the alarm state, by phone, but without seeing Ptes in person.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/07/2020 6:54 p.m.

Totally agree with his words Meniger.On the data on how the coronavirus is behaved in type 1 diabetics, for me it has been impossible to find them and that I have searched in many places but success.Nor do I see data on what type of previous pathologies are the most affected in deaths.I imagine that when all of this can be known, although I have my doubts for the cases that are happening when you separate these pathologies in relation to the coronavirus.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
04/07/2020 11:34 p.m.

What I do not understand is why one leaves preventive and others do not.It should be the same for everyone.

Anaisabel
04/08/2020 2:27 p.m.

With the measures applied in the BOE, today if they leave type 1 diabetics that develop a work activity within a sector considered essential and that in turn, the company contributes a document that indicates the impossibility of powerExercise teleworking or not being able to maintain a safety distance of less than 2 meters.For example, supermarket replenish or warehouse receptionist.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
04/08/2020 5:27 p.m.

@Narciso, I work in a residence of elders and I can't telework, and they have not dropped me by diabetes.You will tell me where it is reflected.
Nor did they ask how they worked directly m they said no.This was March 16.

Anaisabel
04/08/2020 5:44 p.m.

@Anaisabel, consult CCOO, even if you are not affiliated.I know they are helping a lot.Call 913100000. There they will tell you that you send email.Then they study your case and call you very quickly.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/08/2020 6:03 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@Solaria, the first thing I did was call a partner released in CCOO, I am affiliated and did not know.A diabetic partner called for occupational risk prevention and told him that it was not a cause of preventive decrease.I did not satisfy myself and call my health center and I call a doctor who also told me the same thing, but he discharged me because I have two other autoimmune diseases and those days did not find well.At two weeks I call my header to ask what I was, I said good, because now I am fine and told me that it is not low preventive, but that it will continue with low.
I wanted to understand that it is the company that has to send a writing to risk prevention for them to evaluate and decide.

Anaisabel
04/08/2020 6:19 p.m.

I also take a medication that is good for the Coronavirus because this month it has been complicated to dispense it in the pharmacy.It is not the fault of the pharmacy, but they have to request it with patient data and then someone of health says whether or not.Send noses !!!The other month again with the same story, I get a lot.

Anaisabel
04/08/2020 6:26 p.m.

Do a thing Anaisabel.You have to go to the GP with the report that you of the company.In that report that put your employment and health situation, that is, Diabetica Tioo 1, which cannot telework or maintain minimum safety measures such as more than 2 meters from other people.

I believe that with that they should unsubscribe, at least until the end of the alarm ends.He thinks that when you went to the doctor, the BOE directive had not left, but for a few days the head doctors have order to regret type 1 diabetics among other pathologies.

I hope I have helped you.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
04/08/2020 6:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.