{'en': 'Diabetes and Coronavirus', 'es': 'Diabetes y Coronavirus'} Image

Diabetes and Coronavirus

Mespe's profile photo   02/24/2020 8:42 p.m.

Hello, everyone,

My name is Jorge and it is the first time I write although I usually read you.
I am Type I diabetic for 20 years.
I have decided to write for the current situation and to see if someone can help me.
I work in a technology company for a couple of years.
I have been opting for a while for a change of position in the company that in turn is an ascent in my career.
I have never communicated my diabetic status in the company because it was good ink that would be a handicap to ascend, obviously the company would never admit that this is the reason but I do not want to play it.
To say that I currently carry insulin bomb and have a good control.
The problem is that now with COVID we have allowed usInevitable for many security measures that are established and my work can do it perfectly remotely.
We have been told that if we are people at risk we can continue teleworking for a while and here comes my question.
If I communicate to the company my situation of people at risk without specifying the pathology, when I speak with the labor prevention service the latter would communicate to the company my disease?
I understand that the medical diagnosis is confidential but I have doubts about it.
If someone could throw me a cable I would appreciate it.

Greetings

Tecnik39's profile photo
Tecnik39
05/29/2020 6 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Technik39

Medical information is strictly confidential.But I don't know how strict it is in that company in Spain.

You have two options.Trust that they will maintain confidentiality or return to work.In that second case I would put a FPP2 and always wear a good disinfectant gel.If you are very disciplined and never touch your face with your hands and keep your hands clean, the probability of taking the virus is very low.Avoid approaching people when they speak and especially when she smokes.The most dangerous are those who vaporize.In that steam they fly to a lot of substance drops of the person who vaporizes.A bomb!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/29/2020 8:50 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel, thank you very much for the answer, I really thank you.
Yes, the truth is that I am dubitative with what to do.On the one hand I know that with the appropriate protection the risk of infection should be low but on the other it makes me angry to have to run the risk that it is knowing that I can do exactly the same job from home, if I had another type of work perhapsI wouldn't consider it so much.
Although it is also true that it is I who decides not to want to communicate it to the company because it seems tremendously unfair to know that I would not play in my favor, obviously this should not be so but as I imagine many of you you will know there are still enough absurd prejudices withThis disease and with many others.

Tecnik39's profile photo
Tecnik39
05/30/2020 1:07 p.m.

@Technik39

I understand you perfectly

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/30/2020 2:46 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I upload this topic in case someone has something new to tell ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/24/2020 9:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, hello everyone and the first thing is to wish everyone's good entry to everyone.On the subject of the COVID and Diabetes, tell you that in Spain we do not have concrete data, about how it acts in types 1 or 2. The only thing is certain that it seems that in type 2, there are many complications that in the 1.In the first wave, measures were taken (I have already commented that I was 2 months of leave by caution), but that is already history.Now, we have passed the second wave and we are about to enter the third and there is no extraordinary measure to protect ourselves, that is, we have to continue going to our jobs, maintain security distance, hand hygiene, mask, come on, the samethan any other person.

As Regina says, I have also met type 1 diabetics that the Covid has passed and they have barely heard, but we do not trust us, since this virus behaves very differently in each organism that infects and you go to know what could happen.Even people without previous pathologies have had a fatal or died, so we must protect ourselves a lot, we have diabetes or not.

I have consulted with union links, my own doctors of the Endocrinology Unit, nurses, I have even reached the health and health council of my work center, and nobody, I repeat, nobody of them has told me anything to take the low as inThe first wave, therefore the situation is clear: nobody will protect us except ourselves.Of course, they have offered me anticipated vacations, leave for the time I need (without charging clearly) and little else.

Much encouragement, really, that we will need it because the thing is going to get very but very bad (hopefully it is wrong and it is like a gilip ..., hopefully!), But I fear that it will not be so.Protect to the fullest like any other person.Do not eat coconut with diabetes and try to have the best possible controlled and avoid situations where there is great accumulation of people, especially in closed places and little more.

With a head, we will leave it.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
01/05/2021 3:52 a.m.

As you all know diabetes depress the immune system.The number of deaths per covid with diabetes is high, so you have to have extra precautions (what they say, meetings, hands, mask, etc.).

PeterNut's profile photo
PeterNut
01/10/2021 2:09 p.m.

Messenger RNA vaccines, Aunke have developed in record time, contain a lot of work a decade ago in viruses such as Ebolae etc. AIDS.The test passed in Spain offered about 42000 volunteers between 16 and 61 years.The vaccine would not be on the market would have given adverse effects.A professor of mine told me that 18000 and 18000 were given viral ribonucleic and the rest Fayser placebo drawing 95 % effectiveness, I think it had the same cases of infection by virus in placebo as in people with viral load.My recommendation is vaccination around the world is the only way to get the flock community.The virus with the cell core never has contact.And the load that enters is controlled by scheduled enzymes. What avoids us is never to put the first dose and take the virus for skipping the safety standards.You have to continue the same as until now.I do not worry about the others I do what is recommended I keep a rigorous security protocol.I hope Alle Regina will serve you regina

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/14/2021 7:17 p.m.

K5288pn25.

I. I am type 1 diabetic of almost 40 A of evolution and health, I have put the first dose of the vaccine and waiting for the second, wishing, the truth.I think so far, the only way to stop this.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/24/2021 11:02 a.m.

I am also waiting for the second dose, Thursday.I feel privileged to put it and encourage everyone to do it when they can.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/24/2021 2:49 p.m.

If not much ask in what community?Any priority collective? ... or are you mayors?hahaha..

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
01/24/2021 5:25 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:
If it's not much to ask in what community?Any priority collective? ... or are you mayors?hahaha..

I am a doctor in a r rural health at 60 km from the capital, I am from Andalusia.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/24/2021 5:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.