{'en': 'Diabetes and Coronavirus', 'es': 'Diabetes y Coronavirus'} Image

Diabetes and Coronavirus

Mespe's profile photo   02/24/2020 8:42 p.m.

jota said:
hello.I change a little subject and advance what could happen.I do not know if you have seen the government's spot on television in which there are advice for the return to the work that occurred a few weeks ago.

I leave link: Link

Well then.It is clearly said that if you are a risk person (includes diabetics), do not go to work, and that can be justified medically.But I wonder: Will it be an impediment to finding a work person?That is, we will be unemployed diabetics because it will not hire us or the tato?Or worse: are we going to be unemployed because the government will prevent us from accessing a job for our health?

They are things that I consider.

That I recommend not going does not mean that you do not have to go if you think you are not going to spread, that already depends on people, so it should not be any kind of impediment because also many people with diabetes have already passed the disease, andHe has spoken a lot about it, and it is shown that a diabetic with good glycemics control has no more problem than a healthy person.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
05/12/2020 1:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!
I believe that these recommendations must be taken with tweezers and always individualizing ... but in the end to see if it is going to be discrimination against all people with some chronic disease, and see that we are people .... I have not stoppedWorking at the hospital attending Covid, now we are much better, they made me PCR and test for protocol because I did not have symptoms and everything negative.I think that each person has to know (and also be advised by their medical professional) how much can be exposed or not, but we must not stop making our lives (always following all the recommendations of distance and hygiene !!) because this has come tostay...

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/13/2020 5:57 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Thanks for the answers.

Maybe I exaggerate, but I prefer to get ahead of situations.Maybe I was thinking about my personal situation.I am an interim professor and at the beginning of each course they demand a medical certificate not to suffer infectious-contagious diseases and work aptitude (P10).Of course, what if now require not having a chronic disease to be hired in education?I understand that it would be discriminatory, but it is not known how to act.But maybe I exaggerate.

Take care.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
05/13/2020 10:43 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

jota said:
thanks for the answers.

Maybe I exaggerate, but I prefer to get ahead of situations.Maybe I was thinking about my personal situation.I am an interim professor and at the beginning of each course they demand a medical certificate not to suffer infectious-contagious diseases and work aptitude (P10).Of course, what if now require not having a chronic disease to be hired in education?I understand that it would be discriminatory, but it is not known how to act.But maybe I exaggerate.

Take care.

Well, I hope they don't think about ... we already have enough to be "guilty" of anything, especially sexual crimes, until we show the opposite with the certificate of penalties or let our background see (which gives me the same in principle, because except for a couple of fines I have nothing, but ... fuck), I can teach perfectly with my DM, and I do not miss the weekly controls with the doctor (in principle they have cataloged me as type 2) because I haveBuy the glucometer and buy the strips ... but I suppose it will give them the same ... yes, if they exclude us for that, denounce the song for discrimination ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
05/14/2020 12:10 a.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

They cannot prevent you from working, because you are not a danger to anyone.But maybe they drop per risk person, if you request it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/14/2020 5:13 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have been down not to have diabetes since March 16, the coincidences exist !!!When I was well, the header MOccupational Health doctor said that he could go to work and the head of header M discharged.I work in a residence of elderly public people and since there has been no case could work.At the time there is a case because they will adapt the position or there will be areas where I cannot be.I've been working for a week and very well.My direct bosses know that I am a sensitive person.
I have brought them two months, but going to work M has given life.If I do not see a risk in front I will continue working.
This week a new protocol has come out for sensitive people who are going to join the work or who are already working.In two months he has changed.I don't know what date exactly but it is easy to find out.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/14/2020 12:59 p.m.

@Regina I had an event with the Jiménez Diaz Foundation and told me the endocrine they had learned with the Covid that a diabetic has the same treatment and effects as a non -diabetic.That he was calm.
I have a well -known type 1 diabetic since the 20ths, now 78, the Covid has passed at home, with the assistance of the SAMUR 2 days a week in each and daily telephone.In about 10 he recovered.
My neighbors have passed it at home and know many people who have passed it and none in hospital.
The parents of some infarction friends and embolia have died a month after having exceeded Covid, but not for causes derived from Covid.

Think positive, 30,000 deaths of 47,000,000 people residing in Spain.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/15/2020 11:01 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I am telling me to say teleworking, I don't know whether to be a sanitary and be in contact with hundreds of patients daily.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/16/2020 12:15 a.m.

Well, I am reassuring me that the infections are controlling and above all that they learn how to treat them.There is already much advanced in treatments and knowledge of the disease.
Here in Asturias what there is is very few immunized people, or 2%, so we cannot neglect anything with the protection measures.
It goes for long .., but somewhat safer we are being.
@Ruthbia, are very good news that, with type1, have not had hospitalizations.It is a big relief.Thank you!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/16/2020 3:07 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Regina

I think that a few days ago I read in the country that the Sanitary System of Asturias is excellent and that they have few cases thanks to that they advanced with preventive measures.

What good memories I have from the Picos de Europa and Llanes!

I hope we return to normal soon.Staying here on vacation in Germany I don't feel like anything the truth

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/16/2020 9:28 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I still think that maybe a type 1 diabetic without anything else, does not have much problem a priori ...

But type 2 diabetics, many derivatives of a metabolic syndrome, that's another song ...

For example, I am afraid because although I am in Normopeso, I have always had inflammatory processes, slightly high reactive protein, slightly altered fibrinogen and low HDL cholesterol.This with diabetes is supposed to be a manual metabolic syndrome, but I don't have it diagnosed as such.

For this reason and for having had a pneumonia a few years ago, I will continue to extreme all possible precautions and I hope they do not make me return to the office until within a lot ...

anif's profile photo
anif
05/16/2020 11:10 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

@jldiazdel, I send you a greeting from Llanes, that although I live in Oviedo, I am Llanisca, and now I am here.Look in the photo of Poo's beach, my favorite.
When you want to come, here you have your home.
And yes, the Central Hospital of Asturias is a pointer and has its own laboratory and production of PCR test, which has helped a lot in this epidemic.
I am afraid of summer, because the population of Llanes is quintuplica.
But we will go out.
In Germany you have very good health, you can be very calm.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/17/2020 1:41 a.m.

@Regina

What a good photo!

If the truth is that the German health system is good and I can't complain.Although they also have their problems.They work for “boxes” and the coverage that you have for your work depends a lot on what your insurance is, and some doctors are a bit saturated.Where they have more problems is in the villages, there are many, because the population is very scattered.But basic things are well covered.I personally really cannot complain.With me they have always behaved very well and since I have diabetes I use it a lot.

Hopefully they don't take long with the vaccine.But I'm afraid we'll have a lot of patience

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/17/2020 7:04 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello, I have been on two months to be a risk person with my type 1 diabetes. Last Friday they discharged me because the measure has been relaxed as the head doctor told me, which by the way, was by telephone conversation,So if the measures have been relaxed, why do they still do not attend to face?Total, that on Saturday I joined the work in a large distribution center where we are more than 1000 workers.I have very much the protection measures, avoiding being in agglomerations that are mounted at the entrance and exit, dining rooms, rest rooms, FFP2 mask always set, nitrile gloves, a lot of hygiene, etc.

Ah, and that the deceased are 30,000 I would not pay much attention since they tell us the truth halfway and we have no idea of ​​those who have really been.In addition, those killed with previous pathologies such as diabetes do not tell them due to causes due to coronavirus.There are data from the USA that give chills of how the bug with diabetics is being primed, but of course, that does not interest that you know here, lest it be panic and mount the chicken with those who send us to work by removing iron to thestuff.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
05/18/2020 9:52 a.m.

Thank you very much for your recommendations, I really am very worried.Do you know if the coronavirus harms our state of health?All the best

marta5's profile photo
marta5
05/18/2020 10:41 a.m.

Well, as long as I can, I am not going to work, and look that I like my work, it is for what I have trained and at home it is not the same, since although you at a time, you can not do the most basic of a doctor who isExplore, but what are we going to do, the situation so demands.I tell my experience, I live in Andalusia, it is not an area where there has been a great case boom removing Málaga and Granada, but this virus evidently will not go, there are already two strains circulating around the world, a more virulent and dangerousThat another, the immunity in general is low in our country, so if there is a rebound, we do not know how it will affect within a few months, it is not known how much immunity lasts once past, if they are two months, or they arefurther.It really is not much known and it is that uncertainty that has us all crazy and worried.Because what is certain is that this virus will become endemic and that until there is a safe and effective vaccine and specific effective treatments, it will not fall completely.And that will still take.I try to be positive and I am not alarmist or hypochondriac at all, but I am clear that because of the fact of being type 1 long and asthmatic type 1, I have more risk than a healthy person.Even if it is well controlled.Therefore as long as I can, I do not run the risk of seeing hundreds of daily emergency patients.It is not the same to have well -controlled diabetes of 10 years as of 40, it does not mean anything, this is probabilities, the same touches as not.We have been told that probably until phase 2 will pass what happens, the bad thing is that at that time we are in July and August and I do not know how the situation will be raised.It is clear that it is best to live every day and try to wear good control, you have to look little by little in this new normality we say, and that's no other.A hug to all.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/18/2020 1:33 p.m.

Hi @meginer, I joined last Wednesday to the consultation at the indication of the service of my own prevention but on Thursday I returned home with Teleworking.It is not the same as being seeing patients in consultation the fact of telephone calls and in my case I have changed the accident at work for common contingency and administrative tasks.But it is not only the risk of exposure (although I suspect I had Coronavirus in January-February) but also the conditions.From the entrance that I had in UCI in February I am forced to bring a very strict control and even with those suffering decompensations.Working with Epis also has its inconveniences: I suffered a dermal reaction to the protection gown material and with the screen I could not see anything clear, together with a neuralgia of the trigeminal that is giving me a new crisis.In addition, the stress factor interferes a lot in the control, together with the conditions of the face -to -face activity.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
05/18/2020 3:25 p.m.

drjesusangel said:
hi @meginer, I joined last Wednesday to the consultation by indication of the service of my own prevention but on Thursday I returned home with teleworking.It is not the same as being seeing patients in consultation the fact of telephone calls and in my case I have changed the accident at work for common contingency and administrative tasks.But it is not only the risk of exposure (although I suspect I had Coronavirus in January-February) but also the conditions.From the entrance that I had in UCI in February I am forced to bring a very strict control and even with those suffering decompensations.Working with Epis also has its inconveniences: I suffered a dermal reaction to the protection gown material and with the screen I could not see anything clear, together with a neuralgia of the trigeminal that is giving me a new crisis.In addition, the stress factor interferes a lot in the control, together with the conditions of the face -to -face activity.

It is clear that the stress of work and more at the moment, decompensses, it goes up and sometimes if I cannot.real.You were in ICU,? What happened to you?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/18/2020 3:52 p.m.

meginer said:
drjesusangel said:
hello @meginer, I joined last Wednesday in the last Wednesday to the consultation for the indication of the service of prevention of your own prevention but on ThursdayI returned home with teleworking.It is not the same as being seeing patients in consultation the fact of telephone calls and in my case I have changed the accident at work for common contingency and administrative tasks.But it is not only the risk of exposure (although I suspect I had Coronavirus in January-February) but also the conditions.From the entrance that I had in UCI in February I am forced to bring a very strict control and even with those suffering decompensations.Working with Epis also has its inconveniences: I suffered a dermal reaction to the protection gown material and with the screen I could not see anything clear, together with a neuralgia of the trigeminal that is giving me a new crisis.In addition, the stress factor interferes a lot in the control, together with the conditions of the face -to -face activity.

It is clear that the stress of work and more at the moment, decompensses, it goes up and sometimes if I cannot.real.You were in ICU,?, What happened to you?

I ended up dehydrated and flu, after 10 days with vomiting.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
05/19/2020 3:14 p.m.

At the moment they leave me with teleworking and you have to assess the occupational risk prevention service.Work attending to the public, basically.Moreover, my work wants to put it on the ground floor of the building so that the rest of the staff do not have contact or as the least possible with the people who come from the street.That leaves me very quiet, do you know?(Irony...).That I have to go back to my post and be in direct contact with everyone, but the rest are in their offices and do not infect them ... and they say it is community risk, because in these more than 70 days,I have gone to the Super once and it was this last week, so that you have an idea of ​​the community risk that I run.The same when the time comes, nothing happens to me, but what if it happens?The Prevention Center will say that with Epis, well, because we still have yet bought and my colleagues begin to work.It is a public administration and what they ask the private company does not comply with its workers.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
05/20/2020 12:05 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.