{'en': 'Diabetes and Coronavirus', 'es': 'Diabetes y Coronavirus'} Image

Diabetes and Coronavirus

Mespe's profile photo   02/24/2020 8:42 p.m.

Now that unfortunately the coronavirus issue is on everyone's lips, and it is known that people with chronic diseases have greater risks of suffering complications.

How much concerned we must be the diabetics in the face of a possible appearance of the virus in our town.

Is it known that mortality rate has this or another type of virus?

Should a young person carefully worry?

Thank you

Mespe's profile photo
Mespe
02/24/2020 8:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would say that we have it worse than people without diabetes ... 😅😅😅😅

Now, not because it is the coronavirus, the same thing happens to us with the flu, etc ... so ... I would not overwhelm me much with this.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
02/24/2020 9:58 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I would say that we have it worse than people without diabetes ... 😅😅😅😅

Now, not because it is the coronavirus, the same thing happens to us with the flu, etc ... so ... I would not overwhelm me much with this.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
02/24/2020 9:59 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Apart from the ballots bought by having a base disease, I see an added problem and with which you have to be careful:
- The punctures.Especially those of capillary measurements.Do not prick with dirty hands and be careful after we touch while the wound is still open.

I have read in this same forum as many do not have hygiene with that and, if you have respect for viruses, it is something that you should start changing.

anif's profile photo
anif
02/24/2020 10:59 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

We will have to do what they tell us.Call 112 if there are symptoms.
And the protection they send us.
And sugar at home ...
And good control to have more defenses.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/24/2020 11:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Man already said a good friend of mine, if you are Jodi ..... Give yourself lost.hehehe
Apart from the jokes, it does not have more than any other person in relation to the respiratory tract, if it is true that any infection affects glucose levels but that does not kill you (suddenly) to if we do not put ourselvesTags that are not true.
On the coronavirus it is not known much apart from being a virus, which affects the high tracks, but it has no more history
to take care of yourself

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/25/2020 10:20 p.m.

Well, I think you have to worry about the same thing that you worry about a flu or other similar disease, only here there is no vaccine to date.Come on, try to have our disease controlled as much as possible and little else.

Regarding what is commented on the punctures, well, it is clear that you have to have hygiene and wash your hands but that I know if you counter this disease I do not think it is through the punctures specifically.

Greetings

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
02/26/2020 8:48 a.m.

Do not worry that the vaccine will be when falling and the billions of benefit for laboratories and pharmaceutical companies+ Stocky Bursatile Brokers too.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/26/2020 9:30 a.m.

I work in a health center of a large town in Seville and there is already a confirmed case in this city, I am not totally overwhelmed but I am worried because I am in direct contact with the patients and to know ... maybe if this is going worse I couldBe a reason for work leave, does anyone know?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/26/2020 4:58 p.m.

meginer said:
I work in a health center of a large town in Seville and there is already a confirmed case in this city, I am not totally overwhelmed but I do worry because I am in direct contact with thePatients and to know ... maybe if this is going worse, it could be a reason for work leave, does anyone know?

Labor leave can be taken for any reason that incapacitates you for work, but the coronavirus is little more than a flu, it has nothing to do with diabetes, in a clear vital sense, it does not affect the pancreas system, or heart,etc, you can be diabetic and catch pneumonia, hepatitis, colic, etc. like any other person

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/26/2020 6:33 p.m.

Man in theory having an autoimmune disease, it is assumed that our defenses are worse, as these viruses are only fought with your own defenses, we have more options to have complications.But there will be cases and cases, I have been with diabetes for 10 years and I do not consider that I have worse defenses, I take the subway every day in Madrid, my girlfriend is bad all the winters and I have never become bad.

Mespe's profile photo
Mespe
02/26/2020 6:39 p.m.

sigsauer said:
do not worry that the vaccine will be falling and the billions of benefit for laboratories and pharmaceutical companies+ bursatile brokers too .-

That goes long ... I have oded that it takes about 18 months to have ... so we will have to wait and a lot!:/

fer's profile photo
fer
02/26/2020 6:40 p.m.

fer said:
sigsauer said:
do not worry that the vaccine will be when falling and the billions of benefit for laboratories and pharmaceutical companies+ Bursatile brokersalso .-

That goes long ... I have oded that it takes about 18 months to have ... so we will have to wait and a lot!:/

The other day a Chinese laboratory came out announcing that it already has a vaccine prototype, not the definitive but one that can be approached.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/26/2020 9:21 p.m.

antonimar said:

Labor leave can be taken for any reason that incapacitates you for work, but the coronavirus is little more than a flu, it has nothing to do with diabetes, in a clear vital sense, it does not affect the pancreas system, or heart,etc., you can be diabetic and catch pneumonia, hepatitis, cramps, etc. like any other person

While there are many cases that suffer in a totally asymptomatic way, a virus that causes pneumonia that parallel to the two lungs and, as pneumonia that it is (it can have a multiorgan condition), I would not say that it is little morethan a flu.

What happens today is that people believe that pneumonies are nonsense ... simple colds ... I know two people under 45, without previous pathologies and without being smokers who have died of a "common pneumonia”

It seems that only those who have suffered one with some good scare know what the matter is about ...

anif's profile photo
anif
02/26/2020 11:02 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@meginer temporary disability would proceed in case of developing viral coronavirus infection, so the preventive case is not a reason.The usual flu protection measures should be taken.

What is complicated is to demonstrate that it was a professional illmost public employees.

I am an expert in labor disabilities and a medical assistance of professional contingencies, in addition to training in disabilities for public health and curiously for inspectors a flu is a professional illness and in my case it is not.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
02/26/2020 11:41 p.m.

meginer said:
I work in a health center of a large town in Seville and there is already a confirmed case in this city, I am not totally overwhelmed but I do worry because I am in direct contact with thePatients and to know ... maybe if this is going worse, it could be a reason for work leave, does anyone know?

Labor Low .... ??The reason .. ??Have diabetes and risk of flu or coronavirus?Then because of the risk of flu we should be discharged from December to April ... ??And hypertensive and asthmatic etc ....?We would paralyze the country, all down

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/27/2020 9:03 a.m.

On mortality data ... I copy a part of the article that reference below.

" This follow -up shows that in younger groups virus mortality is double that of a common flu, which has caused death to more men than women (2.8% against1.7%), and that especially affects people with previous diseases, especially cardiovascular type (10% of mortality), diabetes (7.3% mortality) and chronic respiratory conditions (a 6, 6, 6,3%).

Source: Link

fer's profile photo
fer
02/27/2020 4:02 p.m.

Well, I'm going to Milan, focus on the problem in a few days and as long as Ryanair does not cancel the trip, I have long paid everything before the Coronavirus.
I will tell you how it is going ... "Bug never dies!"That's me :)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/27/2020 7:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, it worries me, it is not a flu for which there is vaccine, and in 20% of cases it causes double pneumonia.
Hopefully there are effective treatments soon, and vaccine.
Meanwhile, the protection measures that advise us.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/28/2020 12:35 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think they are exaggerating the measures and their head has gone.The virus will extend if or yes and put entire peoples and companies in quarantine it seems to me a barbarity.They will create more damage than well.But well that is my opinion.

I have been forbidden to travel to northern Italy!And if I do it I would have to stay around 14 days at home.They are crazy and they are creating everyone.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/28/2020 7:48 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.