{'en': 'Diabetes and Coronavirus', 'es': 'Diabetes y Coronavirus'} Image

Diabetes and Coronavirus

Mespe's profile photo   02/24/2020 8:42 p.m.

@Nila
In the case of administration and companies comparable to the public service we are considered within the contingency plan as Group 0, which is equated to request teleworking for this matter to parents with children under 14 years of 14 years and monoparental.

In the event that the teleworking is not feasible, the percentage that the company will give back in case the day totally or partially is reduced.

I am in a situation in which and I am trying to clarify why I cannot develop part of my functions by teleworking and because it does not correspond a 100%remuneration.

The only way of departure for the toilets would be to welcome us to temporary disability based on established diagnostic code:

- CIE-10 is: Z20.828: Contact and exhibition.
- CIE-9 MC: V01.79: Exposure contact.

Clarify that the low medical part and the medical part of the registration is issued by the Public Health Service PhysicResponsible for the payment of economic benefits.What is equated with professional contingency is the percentage deductible by the company that will be 75% of the regulatory base from the first day of the casualty.

However, there could be controversy on this subject for health, because for us the infection would be considered occupational disease, and not the risk of exposure;It usually happens that at the blacksmith's house, stick knife.

I do not know how they are acting in the public health sector with the workers who are in our situation.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
03/14/2020 8:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Drjesusangel, I am aware that on Monday, they tell me what they do with me, I have diabetes type 1 of almost 40 years of evolution, very controlled ophthalmological complication with vision of the unit, I am a family doctor in a rural health center in20,000 inhabitants, 60 km from the capital, we only have surgical masks, of the others there are two in case someone compatible with a case and you have to use it but not for us daily although it should be.We see cited patients (who in my opinion, now should be removed those listings) and also the emergencies that are coming, evidently the exhibition is daily and close, from Occupational Health they told me Friday that they would have to value my case but that at the moment on MondayI would stay at home, that yesterday was a meeting (from SAS, Andalusia) to decide on these issues.Shortly after night, from the Whatsup group of the toilets, the director sent the last circular that Intuyo was a consequence of that meeting, where he says that in case of possible infection or having been in contact with a case, it would be low byCommon or professional illness later, but in a common principle, but that in the toilets that belonged to risk groups, the work decline was not indicated, but to carry out the relevant adaptations and the appropriate protections and it is already.It is logical because you are not sick and there is no low preventive entity, it is evident that we are doctors because we have chosen it but the point is that we have diabetes and the risk if you are infected is infinitely greater.Therefore, there should be some kind of special permission, if it is not a decline, for these cases, it also does not have the appropriate protection measures because there is a shortage of "good" masks.The only thing they told me was that this risk of exposure could be reduced so that every person with fever and respiratory symptoms was seen by another partner and I saw other things.I do not know what they will do but those who have diabetes, transplanted etc. In companies they have sent them home, I do not know how they will have justified it, it is true that we are toilets but the difference is that we have diabetes and that supposes that we are considered personalespecially sensitive.I don't know if I will have to go to work or not, to see what they tell me on Monday.
Elena

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/14/2020 11:08 a.m.

I want to extreme caution.But on Monday I have an appointment with the endocrine.Yesterday I called and the nurses seemed not to understand why I would prefer not to go (they told me that if I modify the appointment they give me for September) ... the problem is that I need sensors, so I happened to see if at least some give me some.They told me that if I don't want to go and I can manage with strips, well, but I would have to renew the recipe of the strips, so for one thing or the other I have to go.Let's see how the thing is going.At the moment I bought a sensor on my own in case.

Anuska's profile photo
Anuska
03/14/2020 1:24 p.m.

@meginer

Adaptations always remain at all, from experience in the field of Occupational Medicine and disabilities, in my case I have seen that the single -parent parents under 14 years are more protected than us.This not only happens now, it also happens to us when opting for a reduction in day or time flexibility.

In my case, I have been proposed to go to work but not see patients in consultation, something feasible when limiting only to the activity necessary and essential when the service is covered, although in that situation we should be every year during the seasonal flu season.

drjesusangel
03/14/2020 3:15 p.m.

Of course but my work activity is welfare, it is what I do, if I am going to work it is for that.Anyway, my director has told me that they are continuously sending mails with new information, that is, that things could change because the centers are asking that there is no possibility of loss, what alternatives may be.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/14/2020 3:45 p.m.

@pollxander, that is my biggest problem ... I suffer a very severe chronic allergic rhinitis, so I will not know if it is an allergy or coronavirus crisis!

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/14/2020 4:45 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
@pollxander, that is my biggest problem ... I suffer a very severe chronic allergic rhinitis, so I will not know if it is an allergy or coronavirus crisis!>

The symptoms of the coronavirus does not generate mucus in large quantities or simply does not generate how the allergic rhiniti does, in addition to being a virus if it would generate mucus would be transparent, followed by other symptoms such as general discomfort, it also depends on the place where you live, for example inHeat the coronavirus does not resist

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
03/14/2020 6:25 p.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

The allergy has nothing to do with the Coronavirus.Another thing is that if you have cough and fever it can be something else but for practical purposes everyone who now has cough and fever if it is fine, 15 days are sent home in quarantine.The allergy does not give fever.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/14/2020 7:10 p.m.

@drjesusangel I tell you at the end what they told me on Friday.My administration agreed that risk groups can telework.On Friday night they published complementary instruction and already included us.However, I see that due to service needs they can refuse it, so I am waiting to see what happens on Monday.I don't think they risk, our own doctors evaluated us and they told me that my case was one that yes.

Anyway, work in education, general administration, a base position, could occupy any place, if they do not grant it to me because my position is of attention to the public and another in the same conditions are approved because it works in another service with an equal positionThat mine I believe that until the time could take legal measures.And more if they infect me.Here they say that there are few official infections, but that chance that we spend 3 to 18, for example.

We will tell ourselves, but I think that if they give me the option of teleworking even if it is taking salary, I go to my house.On Monday I have an appointment with the GP but if they grant it to me that I will nullThey are not for that.If I see that they do not grant me the teleworking then I will ask him

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/15/2020 8:21 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

In the case of the administration and related entities it is not as clear as in some private companies.I have had access to Santander and Carrefour circular;According to the latter:

"The especially sensitive personnel will be exempted from service provision, being considered as a paid permission, until the alarm state decreed by the Government of Spain is raised, without prejudice that it could be extended, depending on the continuity or not of said situation.These effects will be considered personally sensitive, those who accredit, in a reliable way, the diagnosis that gives rise to the permission sovereign the following most vulnerable groups: diabetes, liver diseases, pulmonary, renal or chronic neurological, immunodepimal, pregnancy or cancer.

Each company establishes its own contingency plan, but in the current alarm status it must be extended to all equally.

In my company since Friday I had clear the remuneration of 100% of the permit according to internal communication but not the direct superiors;I requested RRHH, but nevertheless I did not get an answer in the day.

In my case my function is mostly welfare attending the patient and my colleagues already offered to cover that need.All this stir since Friday has taken me in my second residence in Portugal 25 km from work so I do not move from here.Tomorrow Monday I have decided that I am not going to work, lest I cannot return and I feel safer in my second residence.

drjesusangel
03/15/2020 9:05 a.m.

With my current work (security vigilant) I see myself between the sword and the wall, on the one hand, if I do not say anything to be risk (and two more people in my risk of risk) to be able to infect myself and have to give explanations toThe company.
Two, tell the company that I am diabetic and not be able to act as a vigilant already (puts it in the exclusions when examining) and therefore, they would "throw" ... I am not to do what to do ....

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
03/15/2020 11:39 a.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

Here in the press they have put a picture to help distinguish the cold, the flu and the COVID-19.

Basically because of what I have seen, Covid usually almost always accompanied by dry fever and cough.

They recommend that if these symptoms are added breathing difficulty, then it is when you have to go to the hospital.Otherwise, stay at home 14 days.

That the alarm state is slight!

For these lands they still let us go out, but I'm afraid that it will last very little.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/15/2020 1:02 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

At the moment I do not have to go to the institute, I have not even needed to talk to the directive (which was what I was going to do tomorrow), by publishing yesterday in the Bocyl what was going to be done has sent us an email the directiveindicating that they were going to organize everything but that the rest of the teaching staff did not have to go.So for now in Casita, just leaving once a week to buy.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
03/15/2020 2:03 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

I would like to know, if there is someone who can explain it to me, the following.Do statistics distinguish type 1 diabetes from type 2?Since most patients with complications are elderly, it is normal for many of them to be type 2 diabetics, and I don't know how doctors value this type of situations.Obviously, if an older with COPD and diabetes dies from pneumonia derived from the flu, I would not include diabetes as related, but I don't know if it is being done like that.Has cases of young and type 1 diabetics distinguished somewhere?

Thank you very much in any case.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
03/15/2020 2:12 p.m.

Cristóbal Cortés said:
I would like to know, if there is someone who can explain it to me, the following.Do statistics distinguish type 1 diabetes from type 2?Since most patients with complications are elderly, it is normal for many of them to be type 2 diabetics, and I don't know how doctors value this type of situations.Obviously, if an older with COPD and diabetes dies from pneumonia derived from the flu, I would not include diabetes as related, but I don't know if it is being done like that.Has cases of young and type 1 diabetics distinguished somewhere?

Thank you very much in any case.

I think no, but I can tell you what a medical friend has told me: Hello Carmen, do not be afraid because you are not a risk population, your diabetes is not at risk and more at your age (42 years in May) theRisk factors are heart or pulmonary problems but serious problems and age.
I suppose it is like everything, it depends on people, their other problems, age ... I imagine that it is like in the flu: they are more likely to have complications people with heart, or pulmonary problems, immunosodepress, or advanced age,whose immune system does not work the same as that of a young person.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
03/15/2020 2:18 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Drjesusangel, you say that they leave you not go to work, but what do you give you, a work decline?, Because a decline is if you are sick, in my case, I cannot telework, my work is welfare with patients so it is impossible, butThey said that the risk groups were going to put us in a consultation and we would not see ptes with infectious or respiratory pathology but everything else, that the list of scheduled PTES were to be removed and the administrative recipes and tasks were going to pass withoutThere was the pte in front so that there would be no transfer of people, but in my area there are few cases and the manager has said that we always continue, with the same activities, send eggs, I do not understand it, and on the lack of material, withfew masks and rationing of them.If the minimal protection measures do not give me, I do not risk if the activity is going to be the usual and not as I thought, that only urgencies would be seen.Tomorrow he calls me the occupational health and to see what this is left.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/15/2020 4:11 p.m.

I believe that if you carry glycemia well controlled and you have no infection in the airways, you don't have to worry at all.Another issue is that in addition to diabetes we are colds and this virus can do more pupa, but only because they are diabetic
You also have to be aware that there is panic and misinformation.In my particular case, I live in Madrid, it went to the head doctor for the typical cough that I have all the winters and as in 2017 I had a pre pneumonia due to Legionella, it prescribed me antibiotic and gave me the low to avoid being in the postof work (airport).
I feel good, I suppose the hunger has gathered with the desire to eat .....

pablus75's profile photo
pablus75
03/15/2020 7:19 p.m.

Good night and much encouragement to all the people who are living this situation.I work in the food sector, therefore, I have to work and I cannot stay at home as they recommend us all over.

I hope that my company, Mercadona, extends the directive to leave all workers who have previous pathologies such as diabetes at home.I think it is better not to risk them.Today they have not told us anything, not even the mandatory use of masks or gloves.All we have is hand hygienizer and little else.

A hug for everyone and hopefully let's leave this situation so bare.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
03/15/2020 7:50 p.m.

@meginer this afternoon I have had communication of human resources that is exempted from going to my job.The health personnel must go to me (5 of 6) and administration have reduced from 8 to only 3.

My company, mutual collaborator with the SS, has chosen to minimize people who have to go to the workplace.There is no work decline since there is no assumption for a permanent disability, but of a permit paid by the company;They have not yet clarified the functions of Teleworking, which I think could assign some more administrative functions.

@Narciso, by companies in yours with which I have a relationship for my activity I know that they have opted for the measure of exempting workers in your situation and backing permission.

drjesusangel
03/15/2020 10:36 p.m.

Tomorrow they will tell me but as things are, surely, and for the communications that our director has sent us, they may send us administrative tasks, telephone consultations and emergency that can be resolved in the consultation without having to go to the areaof emergency.Tomorrow they will tell me, you are from Andalusia?, I do see if the performance can be the same.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/15/2020 10:54 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.