{'en': 'Diabetes and Coronavirus', 'es': 'Diabetes y Coronavirus'} Image

Diabetes and Coronavirus

Mespe's profile photo   02/24/2020 8:42 p.m.

I am reading that only 5%, of cases end in pneumonia, not 20 .. less bad ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/28/2020 9:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I find out more news.Here in Germany it is spreading very quickly.There is a lot of contact with Italy, especially the northern part.They have put a whole of 1000 inhabitants in quarantine because there were a person of the town with the virus!All locked at home 14 days.And some are protesting why they don't have enough food.

Result: Everyone in Germany is buying food, cans and everything that endures just in case, all masks have ended and are canceling trips to Italy (and Tenerife too).The panic extends faster than the virus.And they say this is the protocol to follow.Imagine whether it reaches a pharmaceutical company: they close it 14 days.And what happens with vital medicines (such as insulin!).

Ah, in my work they have suspended any trip to
• China (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao)
• Singapore
• South Korea
• Iran
Japan
• Italian Regions of Lombardy, Piedmont, Emilia-Romagna and Veneto.

And all those who were in one of these areas recently, in quarantine at home 14 days.I already have two Italian companions who have told them that two weeks are left at home and do teleworking, but that they do not come, because they were on vacation in Italy in those areas.

I don't know how this will end.But it is not very good on the way.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/28/2020 10:26 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Good thing that just informed me of the hospital after a meeting, is that the risk for people with more than 65 years and with coronary heart disease (the heart) infarcts, heart disease, vascular and diabetic diseases.
Not oncological, neurological sick, with severe breathing problems, etc. These are not risk.
It is seen that diabetics play on the front line
Well to take care and have caution

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/29/2020 11:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

More or less like seasonal flu, no novelty in the front.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/29/2020 2:13 p.m.

Curiosity, why do they not catch it?

I perceive that the issue is going down a bit, saying that the mortality rate is lower than seasonal flu and treatment is paracetamol.The most affected threshold are 45 -year -old and elderly men with cardiac and diabetic pathologies because they have less defenses.
The avoidance of mass meetings is so that there are less infected and health services are not collapsed, in this way the infection will be slower and will give time to serve all those affected.

They already warn that there will be more virus of this typi in the future

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/29/2020 10:57 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I have a little fear if I pillo because I am a nurse I have 44 A and I am a diabetic for 35 years good less bad that I have no complications and 4 years ago I caught a pneumonia that I almost died.The only comfort is that I am in pediatrics and in my work everyone is very quiet as all are young and are between 35-50 to years and the bosses say that we are not risk groups and I think that everyone forgetsThat I am from tomorrow I do not take away the mask of my face throughout the turn.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
03/01/2020 10:24 a.m.

I am not worried more than to have flu, it is more I will not get vaccinated even if vaccine will take.
I have never vaccinated for normal flu, so ...
When there was flu sprout A, I spent a week in bed at home with broth and paracetamol, I had no greater complication.
I will not be overwhelmed by thinking about whether it spreads to me or not.As I always do, I do not go to hospitals to visit anyone unless it is of force majeure and washing my hands is something repetitive in my day to day, not only for me but TB for my 2 -year -old girls

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
03/01/2020 10:41 a.m.

Yaizaj, I am in a similar case of yours, I am a family doctor in a health C of the province of Seville, I have 47 A and 37 of evolution of diabetes, I see thousands of PTES daily and in our district, there are enough cases inDifferent peoples in research, with the samples taken and all that, so I do respect as little.Yes they have told us that we do attend a case under study, your 15 days and is considered a professional illness.I hope it is not necessary.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/01/2020 10:56 a.m.

I tried not to overwhelm myself did not catch the flu A and worked with adults but I was a little shit since I was in the emergency room and my daughters were small but when the vaccine came out in December or January I did not hesitate a minute to put it on and tb itI click my daughters, the only doubt that I have is how my body will react if I pillo and that I have never caught a flu only once I did not lower the fever in any way until I was antibiotic, therefore I think it was not that it was notflu and I have always vaccinated from 8 to and if a vaccine comes out I will not hesitate to put it on.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
03/01/2020 11:07 a.m.

yaizaj said:
I try not to overwhelmJanuary I did not hesitate to put it on and tb I click my daughters, I have the only doubt that I have is how my body will react if I pillo and that I have never caught a flu only once I did not lower the fever of anyway until I got antibiotic therefore I think it was not flu and I have always vaccinated from 8 to and if a vaccine comes out I will not hesitate to put it on.

As your body will react we will not know, or as mine will do in case of infection
Regarding vaccines, it is understandable that with your job, you have or should put them on.
I is a topic that with my endocrine I have spoken on numerous occasions and does not believe that it does.
In short, each body behaves different and each diabetes is different from any other

vanessa30
03/01/2020 11:14 a.m.

Hello!
I am also a health.
I sincerely believe that there is no reason for alarm, and that it is the responsibility of the media, of the people who believe what they say together, and of the governments for some exaggerated measures, that general panic that there is.
In his day I asked the endocrine if I had the weak immune system for having diabetes and told me that at all, to look at the analyzes.
The theme of more diabetes risk, obviously any disease that we get potentially can alter blood glucose (or not), but I think they refer above all to most diabetes, which is type 2 and with comorbidity.
Health personnel have to protect ourselves, as for flu, tuberculosis, any disease transmitted by air ...
The most important thing are the hygienic measures that the population was supposed to be informed by the flu campaigns.But about going with masks on the street ... how can such misinformation be in the time of information?
There was also a lot of fear with flu A, aviar flu, crazy cows ... every few years mutates a virus, it is normal, the flu virus also mutates every year.

I guess fear will happen when people have it and it is seen that it is nothing more than a flu (as happened with the flu a).
You have to have coherence and common sense ...

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
03/01/2020 11:47 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

In your case that you are health professionals, it is totally normal that you should take action, I would do it the same.
I just hope that none of us have to go through this contagion to know how our body would react

vanessa30
03/01/2020 12:43 p.m.

I am not worried sincerely, I take daily the bus and subway to go to work, work in Madrid in a store (of vs) and many people pass by my side and I don't think about it.

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
03/01/2020 3:22 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

@Maritxu22, thanks for your professional explanation.I also, from common sense, I think the alert will be for diabetics 2. I don't have a depressed autoimmune system, I have it crazy!

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/01/2020 4 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Many times it is not about whether we are worried or we are not worried about taking the disease because we can have good health, have a trip already paid to Italy and so on.The problem comes when you are going to eat at your 80 -year -old grandfather's house or your father and he can affect him ... Then you think about whether you've been in the subway, on the train or you can be incubating the virus.Equal to us no matter but for them it can be disastrous

erpla's profile photo
erpla
03/03/2020 1:50 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Coronavirus and Diabetes: Prepared, not scared

"The correct hand washing and the use of hydro -alcoholic gels are generallyLópez Alba, who indicates that "they would be basically indicated for infected people and health professionals."In addition, he adds, "they can create a false sense of security and if they are not correctly discarded they could even produce the risk of infection due to contact with their exterior."

Link

jldiazdel
03/03/2020 5:06 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I am not worried, moreover, I would almost say that I want to catch it to take care of me now that there are few people in hospitals :)
I went 15 to work and only overwhelm me thinking about a quarantine, on my mini floor locked up without leaving.How awful!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/07/2020 11:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I don't know if you have tried to control you, after using hydroalcoholic gel, it won't influence values, right?
Is it the same to use alcohol to wash your hands?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/07/2020 11:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina, I think that given the gel's shortage, it is worth using alcohol.The hydrogel they recommend is 70% alcohol.
And I ask, since in pharmacies there are no masks, have they tried in hardware stores or Chinese bazaar?

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/08/2020 1:54 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

The problem of the gels is that they will destroy the skin of our hands.As soon as I dry, I try to put on my hands.

If I can prefer to wash with soap, slowly, so it takes effect and to do glucose controls I always prefer to wash my hands.

In any case, it is best to try not to touch your face with your hands.Something that costs me a lot of work.Now sometimes in the street I look at my face and I don't know what to scratch me.I spend the fatal.

The most curious thing is the new way of opening doors.In my work many use the elbow of the arm and then continue to pull the door as they can with the arm and foot.It is comic!The worst is that I am starting to do it

jldiazdel
03/08/2020 12:41 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.