{'en': 'Diabetes and Coronavirus', 'es': 'Diabetes y Coronavirus'} Image

Diabetes and Coronavirus

Mespe's profile photo   02/24/2020 8:42 p.m.

I heard a dra q you say that no alcohol, which was best water with soap, so I carry a spray boat in my bag with already mixed soap and water.A small wipe I'm going to the street.
I have the hydrogel but I don't usually use it.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
03/08/2020 10:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In the Community of Madrid they recommend chronic patients not to leave the house except for an essential case.I understand that I don't have to go to work?

Mespe's profile photo
Mespe
03/09/2020 9:41 p.m.

A person with diabetes who has good control has the defensive system perfectly.In the blood analytics they look at me from time to time tb as the defenses system is, and without problems.

The problem is for people with diabetes with very bad controls.Interestingly, type 1 takes care of the type 2, which are the vast majority of people with diabetes, and many of type 2 are greater.Those if they are risk group, not only for the coronavirus but TB for a simple flu.

The recommendation that gives more here is 1) to regularly wash their hands with soap about 20 seconds, slowly;i) Avoid large masses of people and iii) the most important (and difficult) not touching their face (over all noses and mouth) with their hands without first washing them very well.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/10/2020 10:59 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

We are heading to the next great crisis.Hopefully the damage is not greater.And let's hope that we have no problems for supplying our basic medicines.

I have been forbidden to have any TRIP Business, including Germany, and have been more expensive not to make private trips.Basically, I stay at home.And now I have been increasing to do teleworking and not physically come to work.I will see what I do.

jldiazdel
03/11/2020 1:20 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

They are canceling analytics and visits, postponed operations.
I have the analog at the end of April and a few days later I visit the endocrine, but at this step they will annul it.
Hopefully at least insulin that is what keeps us alive, we do not miss us

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
03/11/2020 3:06 p.m.

I wonder if we are in this situation, we could ask for teleworking.Work for a public administration and have published an instruction, pregnant women and people with previous pathologies can request it.

My boss says that diabetes does not enter, I have seen everywhere that, for whatever reason, either because they take care of themselves or older, it has greater complications and the death rate is greater, I think they should consider it.I am in a window attending to the public and separating a marble stone as a counter, I mean that there is no security measure, who wants, they have only provided us with gel ... I don't think the truth.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/12/2020 5:27 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
I wonder if we are in this situation, we could ask for teleworking.Work for a public administration and have published an instruction, pregnant women and people with previous pathologies can request it.

My boss says that diabetes does not enter, I have seen everywhere that, for whatever reason, either because they take care of themselves or older, it has greater complications and the death rate is greater, I think they should consider it.I am in a window attending to the public and separating a marble stone as a counter, I mean that there is no security measure, who wants, they have only provided us with gel ... I don't think the truth.

I advise you to try that your doctor fill in a report in which he says you are a risk person.With that they should grant you.

Mespe's profile photo
Mespe
03/12/2020 5:30 p.m.

@Nila

I believe that in your case it is very clear that you should not attend to the public and be so exposed.

Talk to the Department of Personnel / Human Resources of your Administration.If it doesn't work, talk to the medical cabinet you have.Maybe TB speaks with unions / personnel board.

But I think it's my clear and obvious.I hope you get it

jldiazdel
03/12/2020 7:10 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I am a teacher ... and in Castilla y León at the moment ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
03/12/2020 7:27 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

The schools will soon close, especially those of children, because they have seen that they take it, they do not affect them but they transmit them to parents and grandparents and these ....
They just want to stop the initial coup pars who do not collapse hospitals

We'll see

Remember: clean hands (30 seconds soap without hurry) and not touch the street or stores etc the nose, mouth, eyes.And avoid closed sites with many people, if possible.And without panic.With head and calm, everyday life with an extra care

jldiazdel
03/12/2020 9:08 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
schools are very soon closed, especially those of children, because they have seen that they take it, it does not affect them but they transmit them to the parents and grandparents and these....

We'll see

Remember: clean hands (30 seconds soap without hurry) and not touch the street or stores etc the nose, mouth, eyes.And avoid closed sites with many people, if possible.And without panic.With head and calm, everyday life with an extra care

I try the calm ... and I have achieved it so far, rather, until a while ago that I have seen that they put the army alert.There has been when I said this is worse than they tell us

cgs's profile photo
cgs
03/12/2020 10:42 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)

Well, in Scotland where I am these days working, peace and tranquility;Of course, we have gel at every door of the offices.On Monday teleworking in Probatina Plan, on Tuesday we return to offices.
In my company, I have been told that no teleworking (my offices are in Madrid), time flexibility from 7 to 22 hours to reconcile family life to those who have children.
I am thinking how to return 20 if they close decks .... I have been loaded with insulin for 2 months, strips and 2 sensors ... but you never know.
The virus will expand here shortly as in Spain, Italy, France .... It is a matter of days and the culture broth is ideal, high humidity.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/13/2020 11:47 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I more comment is for a question
I am a taxi driver and as is the panorama that you would do to work with what can happen to contagion or stay at home
I don't know what to do.
Thank you

Macasqui's profile photo
Macasqui
03/13/2020 12:21 p.m.

@Macasqui, the authorities are asking for confinement in homes to contain the virus and not saturate emergency and hospitals services.If you can afford it, do not work.

If you need to work, carry in the taxi alcohol for the hand, gel etc, do not approach customers and you mayThey carry the virus.Disinfect your car every day, I don't know .... The best thing not to work in your case, you don't know who is going to get on and what can happen to you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/13/2020 12:28 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

There is no disinfectant gel left.He has exhausted all stores and pharmacies.And tb alcohols and cleaning products begin to scarce.If you can, you are on time, buy disinfectant gels of the hands.And soaps and some extra cleaning / hygiene product of the house.

As a curiosity, there is already very little toilet paper

jldiazdel
03/13/2020 1 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I work in public health and from Occupational Health I have been told that I do not think of going to work, what they do not know is like justifying, if with a low or with some other special permit, on Monday they will tell me but since MondayI don't go.I think it is quite serious although we must keep calm and have prevention, I have to look at insulinas that have enough and what worries me are the PQ sensors I have an appointment to give us two more, from financing, andI hope they do not cancel the financing with this or that annul the appointment.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/13/2020 9:18 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
here there is no disinfectant gel.He has exhausted all stores and pharmacies.And tb alcohols and cleaning products begin to scarce.If you can, you are on time, buy disinfectant gels of the hands.And soaps and some extra cleaning / hygiene product of the house.

As a curiosity, there is already very little toilet paper

And here either, and little toilet paper, little (this morning, less than an hour after opening Carrefour, there were only about 5 or 6 packages of 12 rolls ... at € 7 - they were known brand, not theirs - we tookbecause we needed it ...).Here or gels of those or masks, as no measures were taken before and everything has come suddenly, people have panicked, in the Mercadona you could not even enter ...

jldiazdel said:
schools are very soon closed, especially those of children, because they have seen that they take it, it does not affect them but they transmit them to the parents and grandparents and these....

We'll see

Today they have decreed cessation of face -to -face teaching activities.This means that in principle, teachers, ordinances, etc.We have to go to educational centers to provide education via online.And to a kid of the ESO (second in my case ...) you tell him to get up to be ready at 8:30 for classes per videoconference and send you to shit.And more if the only Internet connection they have is that of the mobile: the gigabytes will not be spent in classes, precisely.And for the area where I am is likely to happen to more than one.Without citing those who do not get something to do all the time, online we don't even talk ...
I will talk to the management team on Monday.I am within the risk groups for several reasons.I take care of my parents who are both in age groups and pathologies.So to see what they tell me ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
03/13/2020 9:28 p.m.

The bleach is the best disinfectant and the cheapest.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/14/2020 3:02 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am far away, far from home.I've been here for two months.Return trip scheduled for March 30.The embassy sent me that warning.
My biggest problem is whether there are no means to treat pneumonia.
And I will not have the option for pump and sensors.I carry insulins to move to conventional therapy and enough reactive strips, but it waits a little.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/14/2020 4:46 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Very important you must see and identify certain signs and symptoms, important, because people who stick with diabetes have to decompens up quickly, especially the Children

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
03/14/2020 5:10 a.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.