{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Gerardo: On the feet?It must be very unpleasant.In the buttocks there is a lot of place, and you make sure that absorption is very similar from one day to another.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2011 4:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Regina:

When I say on my feet I mean on the outside of the thigh (clarification), she says that it hurts and we notice that it lasts more.The buttock is still trying to accept it, but of course, she is the one who commands, you have to convince her with love.

Greetings,

Gerardo's profile photo
Gerardo
03/16/2011 4:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Jolín, Up had also scared me with the feet: shock: :)) ... I wasn't able to put Angela the insulin in the buttock when I used bolis ... Now the catheters did put them out there, becauseAs Regina says is the slowest absorption zone .... and the thighs because it depends, if it is movidita it will absorb him faster than if he is calm ....

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/16/2011 6:12 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello, would I want to ask you one thing, where you give you the strips to measure the ketonic bodies in blood for the optium?Today I have gone to look for the material for Lucia and I have asked them and they have told me that they had no idea, that they have never had and that perhaps it was on behalf of the endocrine.
Another thing, if I want to change the Lantus schedule as it would be better?Now I put it at night, I have been advancing it from 12 at dinner, 9, if I want to put it at food time, how do I?I'm advancing a little day by day?It is that so to see if we are doing better because at night he shoots on the 2 or 3 but then around 6 is low.You can have some example:
_A 12 (136) I give 1 Maria cookie, at 3 (242) and at 8 (65)
_A 12 (74) I give 0.5r milk with 0% cocoa and 1 maria cookie, at 2 (235), at 5 (240) and at 9.30 (86)
_a 12 (86) I give him 1 Maria cookie, at 5.30 (296) I looked at her late because I fell asleep.
That is why I have thought about changing the time, perhaps putting it at 1pm, which is when we eat daily, at 5 hours that it seems that at night is when this highest coincides that I just put the novorapid of the snack and ifThen he goes down (as is the early morning) we have arrived at dinner time ... I don't know if I have explained or I make the "picha a mess", thanks ...

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
03/16/2011 9:03 a.m.

You can advance it two hours every day.
Maybe you do well to put it at dinner time, next to the fast.With that you can solve that climb, because at that time the Lantus is already acting.
I worry more than drop from 250 to 80 in four hours.That may be due to an excess of Lantus, but you will need that dose to last 24 hours.
If you find nocturnal hypoglycemia, it is better to put it in the morning (or at eating), so that this descent does not match at night and can be compensated with meals.:)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/16/2011 11:16 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Lucinere, to me the acetone strips of the Opium are given by Endocrine Nurses, the educators.In the health center they do not have us, every time we go for pump material, every 2 months they give us.
I have no dose feathers, I have no idea.I have already forgotten how little I knew.

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
03/16/2011 11:37 a.m.

Lucinere, I would also advance a couple of hours a day until you arrive in the afternoon, as Regina points out ... It also seems to me that this cactus may be due to the fact that about Lantus, you will see that when you change the schedule, although inLantus is theoretically flat, it seems that he makes a peak of action between 4 and 8 hours of putting it ... if so, it will coincide with dinner, you may have to adjust the quick of that time or that if in the end it is timeDownload Lantus adjusts well ... to see if there is luck and you get stabilized ... By the way, you know that the changes must be given a little margin until you see the effect it does.
Much encouragement !!!!
The strips like Santisteban, give them the hospital ... Ask them to the endocrine ...
Kisses to all and good night.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/16/2011 5 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I continue with changes with the Lantus, yesterday the forward until 7:30 p.m.And we had a potato and milk tortilla with cocoa and cookies, at 2 hours of dinner he had 114, I preferred to give him 1 ration instead of staying short, at 3 he had 232, I did not put insulin because he wanted to verify what the way he took the lantusTo understand more, at 6 he had 231 and at 8 he had 188, so although this is never the same serves as a orientation, instead of giving 1 ration at midnight with 0.5 it would have been sufficient or even with 0.25,Today I will try and may also change, legume and pasta at noon and vegetables and lighter things for the night because with the pasta at night we usually get well at 2 hours from dinner but it seems that the hydrates have not finished doing theirI function (I don't know how to say it) and then I climb, I think you who carry bomb solve it with some special bolus?

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
03/17/2011 9:11 a.m.

Lucinere, a few years ago also towards some peaks at night and solve it eating very little HC at night.A salad, some proteins and a fruit or a glass of milk.We are going to eat between 1 or 2 ration of HC at night, if one day like pizza, even if I make me more insulin, it costs me more to have the night well.And I also try to have dinner 2 or 3 hours before going to sleep, to go with the digestion made and not calm surprise.If at 2 hroas it is to 112 I would not give any extra ration of HC.If you have the lantus well regulated, you don't have to make an extra contribution of HC.

tica's profile photo
tica
03/17/2011 10:38 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

That 232 seems very logical to me, the tortilla rises slowly so it was fine at two hours and so high later.
I do as ethics, like hydrates in all meals but many more in food than at dinner, because during the afternoon I have physical activity, while I sleep.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/17/2011 11:15 a.m.

Lucinere now you have to change the chip ... surely the figures you have at 3 in the morning will be similar to those of getting up, or at least it should be ... keep in mind that the peak of action of Lantus lo lo lo l.It does at the end of the night ... and what Prado tells is so, the tortilla goes up leer .... that you are on the road ... a lot of encouragement !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/17/2011 1:19 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks to all, it is not complicated, having 114 I gave him 1 ration because on other occasions he has needed it, today if he arrives more or less there I will not give him, I prefer to prove that not to be short. tica Giving him 2 or 3 hours the dinner will not be able to be, she gets into bed at 10, so that that would have to start at 7 pm so that at 8 he would have finished, it is notThe same as an adult who may be pointed at 12 or more, like me.
Prado My daughter usually dresses about 4.5 rations or 5, even the day you just feel like milk I give it with colacao and cookies, it is in the age of growing and cannot have a little dinner, in addition she has4 days in the afternoon physical exercise and that shows at night too ...
It is that the bad thing is that I cannot carry the follow -up to see how we are going, today pata mealI have given him almost 1 ration, I have been afraid that in those almost 2 hours I would go down, so it has come out with 300, Joer, 3 -year -olds and I still feel new.
Tomorrow I will tell how such ...

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
03/17/2011 2:18 p.m.

Lucinere do not discourage you women, we can take thousands of years :)) with diabetes and we are always learning so you don't miss yourself ..... patience .... je ..... and we also know that children do notThey are as stable as adults ....
Cheer up!!!!!!!!!!!
Kisses

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/17/2011 5:07 p.m.

Yes, Lucinere, and I would not take note until they have the lantus at its right schedule, you will see better how everything is working ... a hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/17/2011 5:11 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Lucinere, I understand you perfectly I feel the same when those things happen, but a lot of encouragement.

Greetings,

Gerardo's profile photo
Gerardo
03/18/2011 6:33 a.m.

I have not written for a long time, but I read you, I will think that I am very busy, because on the contrary I am overwhelmed, making a mother in exclusive time, that is well without working and charging clear haha!My child is lately low, I have lowered all the basal sections twice, and I think we have not finished, the heat begins and my son is always on the floor.Does your happen to you?Last year in May-June that was already heat 0 from 9 to 13, 4 hours, because in spite of that, many days at 12 had to take some juice.This year we are on the same path.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
03/23/2011 6:24 p.m.

Good afternoon:

Today with the endocrine because my daughter, as I have commented on previous posts, the Lantus insulin does not reach 24 hours.This morning for example has reached 316 while he had bedhypoglycemia that you have during the day.We have decided to change Levemir with two daily punctures 9 in the morning and 10 at night.To prove how it goes.

Greetings,

Gerardo's profile photo
Gerardo
03/24/2011 11:34 a.m.

Good morning!!!!
Sea, how is everything going?Did you not tell for days ... any advance with the pump?How about?
Marcita and you?How is the allergy?Ufff, I spent the same time with the antihistamines, this is not, but I have symptoms ... what a rollazo !!!! ... when did you come to review?
Lucinere, you already have the new Lantus schedule? How are you going, have you noticed improvement?
Mornita, how good that you enjoy maternity ... although I already have very far away, for me the sensations lived at that time seem unrepeatable to me: P
Gerardo, you are already telling us how the change in treatment ... I'm sure it will be fine.
To all a kiss and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/25/2011 5:23 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello, then here we walk with the change even of Lantus, now I am putting it at 6 in the afternoon, it is that so tomorrow at 4, Sunday at 2 and so we will start the week putting it already at the time ofEating, at 1, these days putting it at 6 what is happening to us is that at 7 or so with the fast I put it, it shows hungry and is over 90 or 80, this could be solved with something more than more than more than more than more than more than more thanHydrates in the snack, another thing I notice is that if the control of 12 at night is 156 and at 2 in the morning 150, around 6 was in 70, to see when we put it at the time of eating how it goes fromAround and if I continue like this, I will go down to 8 from Lantus, because something else would be to put it at dinner time so that this low figure of 7 in the afternoon coincides with dinner and that drop from 6 in the morning coincides with thetime to get up, how do you see it?
Gerardo, how are you?In the end you have changed to Levemir right?Lucia before had a lesson but less bad that we change it, our endo (I have already said it time) told us that we had to change it in block, same amount morning night and as we did not do so, each revision "rewits us" andIn the end I change us to Lantus, although I see that it must be the only one that thinks so for what I read for the forums that I visit people who use Lantus ...
Good weekend to all.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
03/25/2011 4:43 p.m.

Now that I reread myIt is interested and when it happens at dawn at 6, it would pass around 9, which is when it is in school, Tampcoo, and interests ... Bufff, now I write it, but that's how I have the head all day, they are acceptedOpinions

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
03/25/2011 4:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.