{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

When our little ones suffer diabetes, we also, however,your children.

With this objective, one of the most successful themes of the forum was launched, which already has hundreds of comments and accumulates so many experiences that just read the subject, one can learn more than ever, how to carry the diabetes of our children!… And it all started with the following sentence:

"Well, it is already done. Here we can share experiences, learn, help and why not, vent ... greetings ...."

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well, as I have to vent, I flood the patio, fixed :))
With how good it would be only with the two oldest.

Anyway, we cannot "flash", which they say in my land, so we will have to continue trying.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/28/2008 6:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, if the thing goes from parents (mother in this case) here I am too, although I only have 15 months of experience, I know more about this than many doctors (at least those in here).

DiabetesForo
04/28/2008 4:03 p.m.

: D a few days without being able to enter and I'm glad to find a thread for parents, thanks Velia.Well, I would like to tell me some of their experiences leaving the diabetic children with other relatives when you have to travel.I have a problem and I am unable to leave him, it happened a weekend without controlling my son, so since he debuted and tried not to leave him with anyone and take him with me at all times.I don't know anyone.
Does it happen or you? Or am I too protective?And that as you know is 14 years old.
:))
Peace

DiabetesForo
04/29/2008 3:55 a.m.

Good morning!!!!Toy despair ... Angela's glycemia are high again .... all night correcting and as if it were: twisted: .... Tb.He had some bubbles ... The changes of time are fatal to the bomb ... Mani, what insulin uses only?, is that the novorapid does not exist in vials, and they say that in vial many of the bubble problems are eliminated .... in the end, to see how today ... AGGGGGGGGGG
Paz, with the only one that I have left at night has been with my sister and with her father ... with my sister 1 time.I had a bad time, really.She has ever raised that she would like to sleep at a friend's house, (her friends have come to sleep here), and I have already explained that when she is prepared to put an alarm, wake up and know how to act will do so .... While I don't want to give any person a bad night ...A friend, TB.Diabetics and with bomb will go this year, and it seems that he tries to convince Angela.If she wants to go, although I know that more than relaxing I will be that I get on the walls ...
Well, that I roll up .... have a good day.Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/29/2008 4:21 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, when Angela is tall and the early morning takes some food?I ask you why Angel when we Carrega take something, because if not, what you say, it seems that it puts water.Since it takes something correct, I don't know ... I really are afraid to say high now it takes a little time of the best ... I hope it does not spoil ... They never know.
The angel camp never loved and I (selfish for not having a bad time) I do not try to convince you otherwise.I want to get older ...
Peace

DiabetesForo
04/29/2008 5:24 a.m.

Hello moms and dads!Following your question peace, I have my little one, with his three years I don't leave her with anyone, where I go, well, with his father yes, of course.It is that the family is not prepared to "suspect" a hypo and things like that.We are glued as a Lapa 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.Better times will come.Now Noe has better glycemias, his problem were night and dawns, very low, but as I said, with soybeans it goes better.Greetings

DiabetesForo
04/29/2008 5:56 a.m.

Well, we will have left it about 4 times in these 2 and a half years of DB.My sister -in -law was in a diabetic camp years ago and as something sounded, because it dared and dared.Harpo was pricking, we were calling us for the theme of hydrates and apart from being crowded every time the mobile sounded, otherwise, all good.He did not decompensated too much and has repeated without problem.Of course, no one but my sister -in -law and her daughter, for the moment.With grandmothers, or Coñaa.
Our idea is to propose to the Association some type of exchange of diabetic kangaroos.That is, knowing about children with, more or less, the same insulins or guidelines to, at least, catch you one afternoon to go to the movies or a dinner night and if you can get to know other parents and there is a good philing: DWell, I leave my son for a while, okay?And another day I stay ... :?

harpo's profile photo
harpo
04/29/2008 7:32 a.m.

Well, it depends a lot on the ages and what the kids want, without counting on the "availability" of the hosts.

Celia from the beginning went to camps for diabetic children.It has been 4 years in a row and the result, unbeatable.Well careful, by personnel who knew what was brought in hand, with a 24 -hour doctor ... zero complications, a lot of fun and great traquility and disconnection for parents.

Some night is already staying at a friend's house.Parents do not understand diabetes, so, not to overwhelm, they simply watch the controls and put the insulin;They call her early for control, and we are in contact by phone, for greater peace of mind.

With the family nothing, except his brothers.First because they are far away.Second because it gives them a yuyu to think something can happen to him.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
04/29/2008 7:43 a.m.

Paz, I stay: Shock: When reading that I run better if you give him something to eat .... The truth is that this is a separate world ... in my case it is different, I'm afraid to give him something because he is high withThe bomb cannot risk feeding and that correction does not work, either because the infusion is not good, by bubbles, etc.You already know that there is no active insulin and there and there the risk of hyperglycemia ... anyway is well to know .... Thank you.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/30/2008 4:23 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Yesterday he failed to 3rd.reservoirI was desperate.He arrived at dinner with 200 and cable conburbujas ... again clean, catheter change and from that moment on his low controls again, so much so that at 3 he was 50 at 4.30, 77, he has risen with 100, andNow 96. He has not gone to Cole PQ hurts his chest, and I will take it to the doctor, more than anything because with the allergy it may have the inhalers, who has already begun to cough: Twisted:
Good morning for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/30/2008 4:28 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good morning.
Although it is difficult to believe, even if it is a little milk, the endo told us that we give it and it seems that it works.I am with the pump I'm fish :?until recently when someone said that I was already a bomber, I took it to the letter (I am Cortitaaaa).
Another little thing for this not to stop eating my head, Angel has not yet had nighttime pollutions with 14 years in February, do you think it is normal?I think I should have had any ... I don't know ... those who have older children or those who are men: oops: what do you think?AISSSSSS.
Greetings
Peace

DiabetesForo
04/30/2008 5:33 a.m.

Go Velia, I hope that Angela is nothing and I'm glad to have "normal" values.This glycemia is a lottery.Mine yesterday also rather low, so much that it did not upload or nob.It will be spring thing.Anyway, greetings.

DiabetesForo
04/30/2008 5:48 a.m.

Ay Paz, how many concerns !!!! ... I am a bit of sorry to give such a negative bomb in these moments ... The truth is that despite these inconveniences, which fortunately occur sporadically, the bomb is the pump is theBetter treatment we have had ... if you want to know something you have nothing but ask ...
With respect to nighttime pollutions, I can help you little, I don't have children and I don't have brothers either.I have read something on the Internet, they speak that age can be 12 or 13 years and in some articles that at the end of adolescence ... They also say they are less frequent if the young man masturbates ... I would not give him too many laps, this must be like everything, some children throw their teeth at 3 months and others have one year and do not appear.Each person has a process.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/30/2008 5:51 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Marcita ... Ufff, I have the hyper, I have them fatal !!!!Anyway, nothing to which we are not accustomed .... a little kiss to Noe.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/30/2008 5:54 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Paz, do not turn him around.
I have two older children, aged 23 and 21, and I don't remember the pollutions.
Both are absolutely normal and have relationships with their girlfriends, so not even worry.
I suppose that is also due to how deeply sleep.
Greetings

DiabetesForo
04/30/2008 7:16 a.m.

Good morning!!!!
Yesterday I took Angela to the doctor, he sent a nasal corticoster because he didn't breathe ... The bad thing is that he carries glucose .... total, as we glycemia have them crazy ... I have 3 nights raising me every hour, I'm dead.... When this happens to me, I get lazy, wanting to cry ... Anyway, thank you that spoil me ...
Kisses to all parents !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/01/2008 9:59 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, let's see if Little Angela lasts.If we are harder the mothers ... that you improve and kisses and mimitos for you.

DiabetesForo
05/01/2008 3:54 p.m.

Velia, do not despair we know that this goes in streaks but surely happens soon.Angel also has allergies but this year he has not started and seems very rare because other years in February he is already with the pill.Are you from Caceres, right?My husband who is also Extremadura on Monday and came home with the slum ... What a beautiful Extremadura in spring!Of course he has no allergies.
Many pampering and kisses, have a good day
Peace

DiabetesForo
05/02/2008 5:57 a.m.

Paz, I am not surprised about your husband's drool, I'm from Badajoz and of course, how beautiful Extremadura in spring!
Courage everyone and good day.

DiabetesForo
05/02/2008 7:11 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.