{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

regina said:
@ainara81, have you prescribed it for social security?

Yes. Here everything enters social security, the patch of free freestyle and glucometer also give them to the ambulatory

ainara81's profile photo
ainara81
04/12/2021 9:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@aimara81, thanks,!I did not know if they gave it here already, because it arrived at the pharmacies recently, so far they gave it injectable and was very complicated for school.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/12/2021 9:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the place where I must write, if not tell me, please.I am a 16 -month -old baby who debuted two and a half ago.
In all this time we have not managed to control the glucose well, only one day loose has not had hyper or hypo, they change the pattern every week but within the same week there are better and worse days, I suppose this is so, but it is desperate.

Lately it is very high (300) both after breakfast and eating, it is as if the rapid did not take effect and the slow either.On Friday they changed us for three, we went, we put 5 units and quick Humalog.

Yesterday he was very high and we couldn't give him even the mid -morning or snack, just some ham york but the poor is fed up with that.However, at 4 he lowered us to 89 and downspout (it has a connect guardian) and we gave him half a ration and continued to go down and at half an hour 57 in capillary.We gave him 0.25 of juice and we no longer gave him slow absorption because he already wore them and xa that would not shoot us normally at 6 usually rise but at 7 another descent and in 80 we gave him 0.25 of milk with milk withCereals and at 8:30 was again 89 with descent.Well, after breakfast (3 rations) and its Humalog and 5 from Tresiba to 320.
So we are every two.At the moment they do not let us correct and I would like to know if at any time you manage to find these little guidelines that have them between 100-200 and when you can start correcting, from what age?

This is very difficult and the possibility of giving him things without hydrates is complicated.We are a bit desperate.

On the 6th we are going to review, if the glycosilada in the debut was 13 I do not want to think how much it will be now, because it is more high than low.

Thank you very much

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
06/26/2021 3:51 p.m.

Berta, I'm sorry I can't help you.If we are difficult for us to recognize symptoms in a 4 girl, I think that in a baby task impossible to keep it in rank ...

The only thing I can tell you is that we if we corrected from the beginning.His pediatrician did not let us do it in the hospital but when he goes from 150 and I see the arrow up we corrected.

One thing is the theory and another practice.By this I do not mean that ours is the universal truth but everyone has to find a glycemia value with which to be comfortable and I prefer to do minicorrections to then lower a very high blood glucose.

I hope you soon find a guideline at least ... although if something is teaching me diabetes it is to adapt to constant change.

Good luck and encouragement

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/29/2021 11:43 p.m.

@bertab79:
Use a ball, for fast insulin, in average unit, or better yet, a ball with an increase in dose of 0.1 units, such as the pendiq smartpen, which can be bought here:
Link
You have to calculate the very accurate fast insulin doses and wait for the necessary time before eating (usually 15 minutes).
And finally, you will have to ask your endocrine to prescribe the same fast insulin in cartridge format.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/03/2021 12:43 p.m.

Hello, thanks for your answers.Right now it is with a junior human that the minimum is 0.5.I will tell the endocrine the possibility of climbing 0.1

We will ask again about the corrections.Thank you so much!!

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
07/03/2021 1:21 p.m.

Sorry a question, what is the difference between that ball and a syringe?

Can you only buy in that part?I don't see them in Spain.
Thanks and forgiveness

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
07/03/2021 1:45 p.m.

Harpo said:
I have a doubt about the situation of diabetic children in the Basque cabbage, since they tell us that there are nurses in the cabbage and I have seen in the newspaper "El Mundo",10/10/07, the following:

"Basque diabetic children are, in this sense, some privileged. A year ago their community became the first and unique to develop a program to provide public classrooms with health professionals."

Someone from there can confirm it or it is just a project.

Thank you.
Link

Hello good I am from Donosti my son is 4 years old and debuted in February, in the cabbage of here there is no nurse, but the truth that with my child a lot both teacher and those of the dining room becoming .. Yes it is truethat all the reports asked me to try to put one but at the moment nothing

ainara81's profile photo
ainara81
07/31/2021 11:22 p.m.

Hello here a Basque mom😃
Delighted to have found you, I have a 4 -year -old boy who debuted in February 😢

ainara81's profile photo
ainara81
07/31/2021 11:28 p.m.

Hello, I tell you my case to see if you can help me.

My son debuted a few months ago, at the beginning of the school year I was already quite stable, we usually gave him the same rations in the main meals and the same UI.

A few days ago it took some virus, gastroenteritis or similar.He was almost two days vomiting without practically food tolerate.Then he stopped vomiting, began to tolerate food, but glycemia rises very little.We are putting much less insulin, one day very little.

Has something similar happened to you?Do you know if you will return to the previous state to pass the virus?

Thank you so much.

McNulty's profile photo
McNulty
10/13/2021 1:48 a.m.

Padre de un peque con Diabetes tipo 1
- Humalog Junior y Abasaglar
- Freestyle Libre 2 ( Glucose direct )

After passing a gastroenteritis, a few days are needed to digest the food well. It will be normalized in a few days.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/13/2021 4:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
After passing a gastroenteritis, a few days are needed to digest the food well .. it will be normalized in a few days.

I hope so, we had achieved a certain "stability" and now everything has been discouraged.

Thanks for the answer.

McNulty's profile photo
McNulty
10/14/2021 4:12 p.m.

mariape said:
welcome to the new people, Luci I will control it all the mornings at 1 to the little PQ leaves at 2, lately how they are rehearsing the Christmas function becauseLike that they do not see anything, jokes apart or I or my husband we have to be here in the town to do that this morning I had to go to the doctor to the capital and he has not gone to work for stayingTo do the test that by the way I had 280 at 1 a then has had a sports and has reached 2 with 56, crazy, but well now if I have to cry I do it without that anyone sees me and I curse the situation alone, in front of thePq The less the topic is commented on.GREETING

I have a 4 -year -old boy who debuted in February and the truth is that at school they watch it very well I do not go at all and he does not carry a bomb and even stays in the dining room .... The truth is that they have beenA lot involved both the teachers and those of the dining room of that yes to the minimum doubt they call me ..... I am Ainara de Donostia

ainara81's profile photo
ainara81
12/16/2021 11:13 p.m.

Now that only 1 month is missing to finish the course ... How do you face the change of routines for summer?

fer's profile photo
fer
05/23/2022 12:13 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Good, lately my son has "caught" enough viruses, I blame school, because he does not have low defenses.

The problem is that with those viruses, it is quite resistant to insulin and time in range is worsening.I wanted to ask if it also happens to you and how Lidiais with it.Thank you.

McNulty's profile photo
McNulty
05/25/2022 12:08 p.m.

@MCNulty, children with growth need more and more insulin, you have to go up the slow one if they begin to wake up high, and the rapid too, if necessary.
There is nothing left but to adapt insulin to glycemia.
If you are okay with defenses, iron, vitaminad.,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/25/2022 12:56 p.m.

Good, now that summer arrives, we have seen that on the beach and pool the sensor does not work correctly.Could it be for immersing it or temperature changes?It's free freestyle 2

Thank you.

McNulty's profile photo
McNulty
07/02/2022 12:38 a.m.

Hello parents,
My son Felipe 4 years old is increasingly active, like any kid of his age and I have seen on the Internet that there are t -shirts with pockets to put the insulin pump.
These website are ... Let's see ... from Lithuania !!My mother !!!
Do you know any store or something closer in Spain?

Thanks in advance

ManuSoler's profile photo
ManuSoler
04/16/2023 11:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.