{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello, good afternoon.

Velia congratulations on Angela's notes and I'm glad everything is already normalized.

Here today we are regular, to see how events advance.

Lucinere Diego also does not like to see him with the gluco, he gets off the office of the director who has given it to these things, but it does not seem to me that it is the best option, it makes him waste a lot of time in theI recess, in short ... I would like you to know a child in their situation, I think it could be good, but we have not yet gone to the association and in our environment we do not know anyone, although we know that in the school there areAnother 6 -year -old boy with diabetes, I am thinking of talking to the director to meet us.By the way, someone of the forum is Ashadrid's partner?

A kiss

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
03/07/2011 11:50 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

anna These guys ... It will be age, and the character, which will also have to do.Recently my daughter's father introduced a student of his (already adult) and this waiter asked Lucia that what she was carrying, she responds to her good.
When I have the girl, I say: Have you only told her that?Well ... and tells me: yes, nobody is interested in my life.
Come on, it is very his, however today after swimming I was going to snack and I tell him that as soon as we got to Mercadona he put the insu in the bathroom and tells me: in the bathroom why?And in the end I have put it there on the street.
I think that little by little they will change, Lucia controls the sink before going down to recess but then enters class to leave the gluco and also waste time, well, show time.What I see the most important is that before any doubt the control is made or before the recess to know what we can correct if there are errors.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
03/07/2011 3:03 p.m.

Lucinere, then, the response that gave me the most normal in the world, a person who knows nothing, who is greater than her and who is also a boy (at that ages it is normal to have more relationship with someone from yoursame sex than the opposite ...) to me it seems totally normal both what he talked to the boy and what he told you later.

To me, regardless of other things, it seems very forced to have to take me with someone just for the simple fact that "as you have diabetes and I have diabetes we will be friends of the soul", I do not know ... it seems to meVery forced ... very artificial ... meeting people with your very situation seems to me well and in general (unless weird exceptions) is positive but it does not seem so well to force situations.

The issue of doing things in public can collide with things like social normalization (it is not very normalHave to explain things even above every day to the same people tired especially in a school environment with children, who even knowing the things because they have told them the day before they ask exactly the same and although it is not aThe same people can tire equally (I don't be ashamed at all about the subject and keep getting tired).

It is clear that he does not have to be ashamed of anything but his behavior does not seem negative either.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/07/2011 4:30 p.m.

Anaaa, thanksssss: d ... I cross the accounts to make it a rare day .... hey, we go 1 time a month to Madrid, in case you want us to stay and so our boys are known .... I thinkThat helps a lot, especially them, do not feel so rare, so alien ... walk no !!!! ... you know, if you want, delighted !!!! ... and if you want us to talkSomeday, you tell me privately and send you my tfno.
Lucinere, it is true, you have to give them time, not everyone is the same, nor react in the same way ... although it is true that relating to people with their same problem makes them in some way to see that they are not so different and so unique... and I say it from their own experience .... anyway, if you get me to measure, because great .... at least you will not go crazy.

Kisses to Momis (to Papis if there are tb.), And especially to kids.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/07/2011 5:13 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia , tnt yes, you are both reason, it is good to meet people with diabetes, she knows children of our association, when we get together it is great to see what is coming,It is click, take your snack as if such a thing, because you know that the others that we are there are aware of everything, do not have to explain, or justify, know what the subject is going and even do like her, even if some carry a bomb,That is the only difference, it does not feel so different.
The thing to explain day after day is the same is as tntThat is for every day, that's why they miss me how they accept it so well when our children debut.
To tell the detail of the Lord that his father presents him is for you to see that my daughter is very sociable, open but very yours, it is difficult for him to express feelings, there are other simpler chips but this girl of mine is more resurred in that aspect.
These last days are doing the controls in class before going down to recreation, out there, but we always put the leg for something, is it difficult to do things well with children huh?Today, for example, I have put a pelin less than a novorapid in food because when you reach class you will have gymnastics but ... and if the gymnastics is soft today?If the teacher does not come?Well, those things are always going around I guess in our heads.
Yesterday before starting swimming 57, as you cannot entertain much to enter because the whole group has to go together and at 45 minutes the class ends, I gave 2 sugar and 1 corn tortita to eat it while the clothes were removed,While I there looking at her among the crystals to see if everything was going well, because at the end of class 225, again badly, Ayyy !!
Thank you very much to everyone, greetings.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
03/08/2011 8:32 a.m.

Ay Lucinere is that there are things that we do wrong, but do you know which?Well, to blame us when the controls are not as good as we wanted, when instead of giving them half a ration, we give it an integer and boom up to the song, when there are inexplicable climbs because we also blame ourselves, when there is a descent also alsoWhy would I not have done the control before I thought?Why the total that we are "a guilt" walking.

Anyway, you don't know how I understand you, we are spending an era of ... Oh that I say a taco but of the fat people, we have not lifted a week, and see that I have been in this for 5 years but .... There are bad times.

Anyway, I know that you should not blame you but I understand that sometimes it is difficult to do not do it, and others when you do not take it (which is my case now) I do not understand anything that is happening to us.

And Lucia, then ... that shames will be spent one day, look at the test is that that controller is already done, so little by little it is small.

Courage and to pale !!!

DiabetesForo
03/08/2011 8:55 a.m.

Hello!My daughter also tries to be discreet by doing the controls and how a large bag always carries, wherever she is put in the bag where the meter has and the control is done without anything seeing ..., the same did with the backpack of the backpackschool.Insulin is also concealed in the table, when it was ... well, it is a matter of practice, because it does not like to be a center of attention.
Lucinere, there are times that sports go up instead of lowering, it depends on the intensity of the exercise, so we do not always succeed.
Kisses: d

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/08/2011 10:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello everyone, I am the mother of a 15 -month -old girl who debuted with 9.
She, not yet aware there is no problem in the controls in front of the people and having a bomb is much more discreet, but I remember those look at the beginning when we had to inject with syringes and make insulin dilutions ... Let's go a show andEveryone looking at what those crazy people did with their baby ...
In a way, the fact that it is so small offers us an advantage, and it is that she has not realized the insecurities and errors of the first months, now we have a clearer idea of ​​what this is and how we want itcarry.
She eats what we give it and nothing more, and how she has never tried the sweets or ice cream or anything because she does not ask for the moment, when she debuted her food, her chest was still basic ... now it is when I start to consider that we will do whenShe takes the initiative and begins to ask for things, we have read that it is important not to deny certain things because it is diabetic, if not focusing it from the point that it is not healthy, but I must recognize that in a way it is a lie, if she does notI had diabetes, I would probably give that things.
We are already looking at the topic of Cole, where we live there is a public with a nurse.In the association of which we are partners they complain that the diabetics ghetto looks like and catches us a little retired from home, but they also talk about that center and in the end we will put it there, but we do not like the issue of labels.
I don't know if any of you who had the experience with a baby can tell me a little.
Thank you
Thank you

anabel6's profile photo
anabel6
03/08/2011 1:53 p.m.

Hi Anabel

From the little positive (the only thing I would say) that diabetes has is that we all learn to eat better, we know what we should eat and we are aware of that, which does not take away so that, from time to time, let's premiere or skip ourselvesOr we allow ourselves to eat something not so healthy (that is not forbidden).
And in those you will see your girl ... especially in compliance and celebrations, in those cases better let her eat the same of others but controlling the amounts and adjusting insulin to what she eats, much easier you still have it with thePump ... the benefits that she (and you) get to be able to do (and eat) the same as other children are insurmountable, psychologically it is a very clear and very direct message that children capture very easily.

But well, almost nothing in children's education is simple so ...

And regarding school, the situation, in general, is so bad that if you have the possibility of enrolling it in a school with a nurse I would not even think about it ... there are very few schools with health care ... The Guetto, because perhaps it is, but for now things will not change, unfortunately, and the priority is the girl's attention

DiabetesForo
03/08/2011 2:19 p.m.

Lucinere, it is a very important step that is measured in class, of course it will save you headaches ... And the Atkeepers, Uffff, I have not desperately desperate, if I put less units, maybe I did not doed.Physics and put on the clouds .... If they had an event, it put tb.Less because of the fear of a downturn, and of one's tension, or what I know, because I climb to song .... I repeat that until recently it was very unstable, I had the diabetes all day in the head, and a thousandmeasurements, corrections .... I insist, in a girl like lucia the trafficking with a bomb would be ideal, both for you and for her ... apart from the difficulties that could put you in the hospital, and the reluctance that I could haveThe girl, what do you not like about treatment?
Anabel, I would not hesitate to take her to school with a nurse ... the first years, when the child is not autonomous, if you do not have who takes care of controls, intakes and others, it is an absolute madness ..... a goAnd come to school, that at best ... I was working and touched my father, and I phone in hand making decisions ...
Regarding meals, it is like that, Angela although she debuted with 5 years, as it was very bad comedian, she had not tried many things, in fact, she did not like the sweets ... When I debuted I bought a chupachup without suzúzar andThe poor gave him 3 sucked and he was already packed ... in any case, I believe that as children who are to take everything, especially healthy foods, of course, but if at a certain moment they feel like a donut,Why not ???? ... Of course with a bomb infinitely better.

Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/08/2011 4:22 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good morning!!!!

Maruchi, was it yesterday when they gave you the bomb?Did you already have a course?.Tell us how it was, whether or not it was complicated or not.
Lena, how about you?
Marcita, I saw Noe in a photo of Tuareg?In the face, but I couldn't comment ... he is very cute ...
Santesteban, to see if you tell us something, that you have not passed here for a long time.
Maclaudi, since you had encouraged you, don't abandon us so long.

To all, kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/09/2011 4:48 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia Well, what you tell me about the bomb, because I would not know howIt is an issue that we do not touch but the subject summer, for example, we are not going down to the pool around 4 in the afternoon and we are until 9 a.m., Lucia sticks tooda the afternoon in the water, except the ratic of the snack that comes outBut he is going to play or swings or in the towel with a friend, then on vacation we go to my mother's apartment and more of the same, all morning on the beach until eating and then we get off to the pool untilAround 10, more or less every day is like this, what would have to have the pump disconnected all the time we are away from home?I already say that this girl does not stop a minute still, does not leave the water.
En invierno ya seria diferente, quitado el rato de natacion( y posiblemente este proximo curso no vaya) no tendria que quitarla porque en patinaje supongo que la podria llevar, ademas es muy brutica, no es una niña de estas quieticas, que va.... !!It is an earthquake, go up, down, thrown out, crawls, although this I suppose it is not a problem, that the bomb will be prepared for that.
Nor have we considered it perhaps because as they have never provided us ... we would have it but Chungo Chungo, the answer that our endocrine gave us (I do not know if I have already commented) a day that we took the subject was that did notI changed anything, not even the figures, that thinking about changes when they notice is changing from NPH to Lantus or Levemir but from these pump no I told him that even if it was only to avoid punctures and she told Lucia but if it doesn't hurt, right?
I also know people who have put it there and the classes have been half an hour in total or less, almost almost, they gave him the manual and mirate it at home
What do you think?

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
03/09/2011 6:02 a.m.

Very good.I have been without entering for many days but yesterday I did it and gave myself the tripty of Leados.I don't like to miss anything.
Lucinere, what happens to your endo is that the ignorance of the bomb causes insecurity and instead of recognizing it tries to scare.We changed in endo since the one we had with the debut was not very progress and became aggressive-defensive.
Velia, congratulations, what hemo to be with stable glycemias !!!!I'm very happy to hear it.And it happens that like Angela when I met her in SS, she was a girl, it makes me funny to read you as she has changed.
Anabelo, without a doubt, so small, would take him to a school with a nurse.We do not have it and although the teachers collaborate, they do not understand the disease itself and for any problem it is a great help of a nurse
We have been with a stagnant pain again but acute after eating again.He changed to his face.Now it continues with a little gastritis but above all that follows a hypersensitivity to insulin.We lower the bowling almost halfway.I imagine it would be for juggling even if I did not make strange cacas.Today has gone to school.And I have sent it with fear since being with him at all hours he had it quite well controlled although the number of 65-64s was abundant.Let's see how it goes now.
Lena: When I go to Salou I will try all those desserts of the Mercadona since we do not have here.Now it is true that every time I give more normal and less sweetened things.With that I am a little preoporated since I am afraid to be getting used to eating "normal" things and although the posts are good the same makes me ahead of Aupa that are escaping me.The other day with his gastritis and no hunger I gave him a Dnone custard that has a lot of sugar.It was fine, the thing was to make him eat something.You include daily in their diet normal yogurts of flavors, normal cookies and cake for example once a week, a chocolate once a week ......
After having taught him that he didn't have to eat certain things I think I am now lying to the poor.

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
03/09/2011 6:34 a.m.

Lucinere seems like little and being educated amazing ..... what does not change your life ??????????What will you know that you do not have to prick 4 or 5 times insulin per day .... is that ignorance is outraged and more in a professional ... in short ....
Of course, life changes and for better and especially in children and parents who can breathe a little, in short, that you have already seen that there are already many children "firefighters", better their daddies tell you if life changes orNo, ......: d

A kiss

DiabetesForo
03/09/2011 6:35 a.m.

Prado Do not think we believe it when he told us that, we shut up but for that, because we have not considered putting it on.We also know children who carry it and here I read you and I know that life changes a lot.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
03/09/2011 7:26 a.m.

Thanks for this answers, I am already realizing how complicated the theme of the cabbage is ... When we knew that where we lived there was a public school with nurse the first news we had is that it was a public school for children with physical problems, so we refuse to the idea that he went to a special school, (we have a nephew with autism and know about the theme of the epectial choles) but then we learned that he was a normal school, but in which he has resources for children with problemsPhysical, such as kidneys, diabetes, etcThat arranging an appointment with the center this year, since my daughter would be the first with a bomb they have, and although it seems to me that it is simpler, I prefer to leave everything attacked ...
On the children's parties today we have one, my niece turns 2 and we are going to a ball park, I will take it snack, and since the fun is in the balls I suppose that I will not have problems, next year we will see, I will have toLearn to count by eye ... At the moment I always carry a balance of pocket precision to calculate rations.
greetings :)

anabel6's profile photo
anabel6
03/09/2011 9:36 a.m.

Hello, good afternoon.I have been trying to write something for a while and the system does not leave me ... in short to see if this time is possible.

Anabel, I think like the rest, I think having nurse in school is a luck, also if it is a public school, it cannot be very "special", because in principle they are all the same but some have ATS and therefore more places forChildren with certain needs but otherwise they are the same as the rest.And regarding the food I also carry a small scale in the bag to calculate rations ...

Lucinero of the bomb I can not tell you anything because we are new in this but here very happy people are seen ... we will have to study it as an alternative, although at about being all day in the water I had also thought of PQDiego also does not come out of the pool or the beach.

Santesteban I hope that glycemia and gut pains are regularized.

Lena thanks for all the dessert information of the Mercadona, yesterday I was and bought the flan and ate such a happy chocolate.

Velia thank you very much for the offer to see us in Madrid, it seems to me a great idea, lately I see you wanting to meet other children with diabetes, in addition to what you tell, Angela and Diego have several things in common: the theme of the notes(It is in 5º and when it takes less than 9-8.5 it is musical that you do not see) and it is also very shameful ... in the end we see it and if it can be great.Next month there is a session in Ashadrid for new partners and we are determined to go, to see how ...

Have a good afternoon, kisses.

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
03/09/2011 9:54 a.m.

Very good,
I'm out for a few days and whatever you have written !!:)) :))
Welcome Anabel, I would not hesitate to take your little school with a nurse, in Noe there are not even the teachers pay him the slightest attention, so I have already carried out the three courses going and coming several times to the school ...
Lucinere, as to the theme of the bomb, what am I going to tell you that they have not already told you, that it does change your life, in every way, the kids and us.Noe is also very restless, very active and carrying the bomb does not imply any impediment to doing all the things that other children do ...
Velia, often scare, we also had it not long ago, the cannula was obstructed and had ketone and vomiting.Yes, it is true that from time to time there are X and Inexplicable Rachas files.We have a few days with the high, sub -basal and bolus glycemia and even higher, in fine, it will be the endo effect.Or it will be that we have already started with the allergy ...
Santesteban, I hope the little one recovers soon, see that gastritis and gastroenteritis are bad ...(
Well, kisses for all and especially the kids.

DiabetesForo
03/09/2011 11:33 a.m.

Hi Anaa,

I am a partner of Ashadrid for 10 years and until a few years ago I was a monitor of activities.Although lately I do not participate much in their activities for work and alternative plans, I must recognize that above all at the beginning they are of great help, both for parents and for children.The human team is very good, all, health personnel, psychologists, monitors have a great experience in diabetes and they will help you a lot.Also in activities you can learn more people with your same problem, share experiences, questions, doubts, knowledge.Surely it is great;)

All the best

Marten

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
03/09/2011 5:05 p.m.

Hello all and welcome to the new moms !!!

Anabel you have reminded me when we started in this, our little debuted with 11 months and with 22 months they put the bomb, today he is 5 years old in April in April is his birthday.We did as you did not give anything of sweets or ice cream until she did not ask, more or less about 4 years, if I am sincere chuches does not eat, they do not especially call her attention, ice cream only in summer, she alwaysWe give the little and without added sugars (without edulcorants).Nor cake, but not because we do not want but because she is not especially, at first she took her little piece but over time she stopped interesting her, that always in the fulfillment we take something that we know that she will take it with pleasure.

As for school, I would not hesitate to take her to school with a nurse and of course I would not look at it as a "ghetto", I suppose it was simply a school where in its day there would be children with needs (perhaps not physical) and later they leftincorporating children with other types of chronic, physical diseases .... Anyway, for me, it is a very large tranquility for your girl and for you.

Santesteban remembers that when a gastro picture has passed when they are physically recovered for a week for more or 10 days they still need less insulin, their intestinal flora is still recovering and (as you say) does not absorb the hydrates the same as when they are well.

Santesteban I don't know the girl I give everything, normal yogurts, petit, cookies, muffins, cereals, I especially look at the percentage of sugars and saturated fats and I take the one with less than half of sugars and few fats SAT.TB I look at the products without addressed sugars and without sweeteners.The endocrine has always told me that we flee from "sugarless" as a rule has more fats, sweeteners my daughter do not feel good about the belly, so it is something that eats from time to time.He really comes to eat as anyone should eat.

The little one knows that he only has to eat what dad and mom gives him, and that he should not eat anything without us knowing.The truth is that I have always explained everything, she has understood.For now we have not had problems, look without going any other day his teacher told me that she was a very responsible girl for everything.I do not know if we will do it well, but I do not want it to feel different but understand that as far as food is concerned, she can eat everything but sometimes not at the time she wants but "sometimes" has to sweatTo food, to dinner ... other times you can eat your popcorn in the cineyou meet), some candy without sugar ...

Velia one day I would like to talk to you by phone and tell you our last episode, I don't want to put it here, because it is something that has happened to us promptly and I do not want to be negatively influenced by anyone.

Well a kiss to all and that glycemia accompany you.

DiabetesForo
03/10/2011 3:21 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.