{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

What a pleasure to read, Lucinere ... You'll see how it will go better ... and what you say about party and daily..uffa days, how much reason you carry, especially it is exacerbated when they carry multiple injections when carrying the fixed basal.... We with the bomb have a different profile for the weekend, even another for the profile of when he is with his father ... and yet everything that is leaving the routine is constantly machine.

Maruchi, do not forget ... watch a lot to Nando, it is possible that during this week and until you adjust basal, have hypoglycemia, despite the fact that less total units is put on that it was getting ... you knowMore controls (although they have not told you anything).

Anaa, what a luxury !!!

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/05/2011 8:56 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Very good,

Maruchi Nando and firefighter !!How good, you know, anything asks here, in the face, the phone ... what do you need, huh ???And as Velia tells you, a lot of control the first days.
Lucinere, do you see how the tone was found little by little?If this is to be changing all the time and what reason you are for weekends and special days how the thing changes!
Velia, we have not used that medicine, I have no idea, have you tried to look for it for the internet vademecum?There comes a lot of information.
The others, all good?
We have also had a couple of days Altilla, without knowing why, but it seems that we have returned to the fold.
Well, you have a good afternoon.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/05/2011 11:50 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!!
Here I am!!

Nando sleeps early ... I am giving him a syrup that carries corticosteroid because the savored prosecution of the pines and you do not see how he has the body ... and the syrup gives a dream and ..........

Already carries the bomb !!!
Let's see how such .... At the moment place it well every little man ... until I get used to it is very resistant because I am ... touch it every time .... putting the bolus without syringe ....What momentazo! .. and doing controls to Mansabla ... if I felt bad before to do so many controls now ... but well I prefer not to take scares.
We have been in the hospital from 9.30 to 15.00h, we have given you the food there (it takes it in TAPERS) and well ... with the super cream emla nor has it impeded, nor snort of ass or anything ..And as always children giving us lessons .... adaptation to the first and following their life as if there were nothing ...
Tomorrow we return to the hospital for a little while and on Friday we will go for the change of catheter ...

I have been asking me but first I prefer to read a little more because surely many are resolved by investigating a little for the forito and I do not leave here a list but between tomorrow and the past I will put some ...;);)

Thanks for your messengers.

kisses!

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
04/05/2011 4:40 p.m.

Congratulations, Maruchi !!!Anyway to see if you tell us the experience, so we encourage other daddies that are maturing the idea ..
Lucinere, better blood glucose?

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/07/2011 5:39 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Jo Maruchi, you do not know the envy you give me, the Bolus without a puncture ... We told the endocrine the issue of the bomb for the child and nothing at all, that for now it was not necessary, he said, the truth is that he carriesVery good control (now I am a heavy mom, police and nurse) has dropped from a 13.8 Hemo in the debut to 7.6 to two and a half months.
Ah, another thing I wanted to tell you, that you know here more than me: I have been giving Javier at 4.15 in the morning half a glass of milk because it is between 85 and 105. I put 6 units of Lantus at noon, and it isI do not know whether to lower a unit or not, is that I am so afraid to touch the basal ... on the other hand I think that with the arrival of good weather is playing all day in the street (always with my eye clearly, nowYou know, observe without being seen), and it will not be the same as in winter that is at home and moves less, and should lower one.Anyway, you tell me.
Thank you,

dsrodri's profile photo
dsrodri
04/07/2011 6:12 a.m.

Velia There we are going, more or less well, on Monday almost all day less at 2 hours of dinner, I put less insulin at dinner at the afternoon swimming, although it seemsThat putting the Lantus at noon I do not have to lower that dose as before, on the similar Tuesday, I put less insulin at dinner for the skating of the afternoon but that, it seems that the lantus is not as powerful as when we pierced it at night andI would not be missing, today that he also has skating, I will try not to lower that novorapid pelin.Today Pata's timing has been that it has not had E.F.And I had given him more breakfast ... well, the case is not to get bored or leave the blank ever.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
04/07/2011 8:46 a.m.

Lucinere, it seems that things are entering verea, he ???? ...It is atina, but it is not the same to have bad control and not know why having any bad control for a reason that justifies it ... now is adjustment time, but I believe that when fruits are being seen, everything is done with a lotMore joy.
Maruchi still does not give signs of life, so I suppose the topic wind is going.

Dsrodri, makes me funny (for not crying) the comment of the endo "which for now does not need", the quality of life is always needed !!AGGG, I get my nerves, how much stupidity .... With regard to what you say about LS 4 in the morning, between the right and that time do you do some other control?If in between you have normal values, not too high, I would give you that half ration in the right... Give us some more data, than if it is not difficult.

Marcita, Anaa, to all kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/08/2011 5:20 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I wanted to tell you, the other day in command news I saw a report on the allergies, among many, was the story of a small with various food allergies, the situation was so extreme that if I went to the grandmother's house that was cooking the girlthan staying at the door, even the smell of eggs if something booked was fry"He could forget his bag with adrenaline, and his medicines that he explained so well what they served ... his life depended on that suitcase ... much more than that of our children ... I thought good, the worst of theCases if we have no juice and there is no possibility of getting it we can stop the bomb or resort to a thousand things (except that you are isolated from the world) ... Anyway, that I wanted to tell it ... it is the first time that diabetes seemed like aminor evil.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/08/2011 5:38 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello, good morning, I just wanted to greet and disarmed all good weekend.Much encouragement with heat, I feel that we don't like everyone, but for my part you could stay like this until November ....

Well, what you enjoy these days.Kisses

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
04/08/2011 7:15 a.m.

Hello!I haven't written for a long time, and as I have seen Paradito, today is the day.I wanted to ask you what attitude you take regarding the brothers, today my son has told me, mom will be diabetic when I am a child?We do not know, I have answered him, I want it to be like that we will be the same: shock:, I have been speechless, luckily I have not left what I always say, I hope it is not!, but we are sure that in the faceIt has been noticed.My child and his ramblings.
Glycemically, the regular thing is, many hypos, heat, exercise, that difficult to control it, under the basal so that juices do not have to be waged, and in the end it ends the same, hypo and juice plus cookies.I do not know them but mine if he is playing does not matter to 50, he is still so pancho, he does not even let me know what the alarm sounds, so I am that I have a supersonic ear, although now I spend dream and I am losingThe powers.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/14/2011 6:43 a.m.

MORNITA What you say about the brothers, it will be that Lucia is going to turn over tomorrow 8 years and takes with her sister 6 that does not raise me if I will have diabetes, which if she told me before (now she does nowMuch that says nothing) is: Jo, with how thin it is, if we had to put insulin we could not take the pinch .
What I would like is to get into the little girl's head, because he sees that every two for three I am doing controls to the greatest or putting insulin or giving him food at dawn (he almost always wakes up and comes with me to his room) and thought: My mother doesn't love me as much as my tataaaa .
When I do some control to Lucia comes to do it to her and I have to put the prick in the I dedicate and with her mouth make a piiii and she says in her tongue: like the tata , evenWhen the lantus put at 12 pm and she was awake, he took her down without telling her pants to put it in the culete, ah and the other day I helped me, I went to put the novorapid to theTime to eat and she says: Natu no , repeated it several times but did not understand it, until Lucia told me: says Lantus no and there I remember that I had toPut the lantus ... a while ago I was mosqueadilla because the little girl asked me a lotFluto

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
04/14/2011 9:15 a.m.

I also make algúna glycemia to the little one from time to time and when I see that he drinks a lot of water.One day he gave me 160 without having eaten and almost evil.I think it was a lapsus of the device for the morning of the next day I was 90. He is very excited when I click him.He is 2 and a half years and last summer he had as a preferred toy his brother's glucometer.When people in a cafeteria or restaurant saw him playing with the device they looked at me with face, I don't know if sorrow or expanding.
David turned 5 last week, is already a gentleman.And the last hemo 6.8.I think it is because although it has uncontrolled increases, we corrected you soon.Thus you have the browsing dedications.
Greetings

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
04/14/2011 4:42 p.m.

Well, I have a girl with 18 months and her brother, who has already turned 8, tells me many times "do you imagine that Anita was a diabetic? How would you notify the hypoglycemia? And how was you going to eat everything you put?"I answer that better for now that it is not, but that if tomorrow is that nothing happens.
The truth is that the girl does not drink almost water, I have to force her to drink and if she ever asks me "abba" I already put a fly ... I have never done any control or I think for now, do notHE.

dsrodri's profile photo
dsrodri
04/14/2011 7:08 p.m.

You have to see what things say: shock:

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/17/2011 2:34 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hi Velia I am the mother of a girl who has put an insulin bomb very recently and I would like to know what your daughter carries, because a little to guide me because we are a little lost on this subject, my daughter is 11 years old, thank youI read you a lot.: D

SUPER NENA's profile photo
SUPER NENA
04/18/2011 6:32 a.m.

Hello again, we have good news, the little one will start the school next year and the contact with the director and the teachers could not leave us more happy and calm.In fact we had a meeting with them before putting the request, to see their reaction and others when exposing the case and if we had to consider another alternative center if they put us, but we have found that they have done everything possible so that they do notHe stayed out of the lists because he is highly demanded and asked us a lot of questions interested in the care and attention that they would have to put.It seemed incredible because I did not expect it, the truth ... both in the association, as well as other parents, such as doctors and the Ministry of Education, they had told us that, unfortunately, it is not usual, much less.
We have been very excited to see that there are people with empathy and vocation, we have taken a weight off because it was also the school that by educational system, facilities, teachers ... we liked more.

Now comes the other part, the child has not been about two and a half years now and we have been 4 and a half months of "filming" ... but nevertheless he is increasingly reluctant, he does not tolerate, gets more tense and costs a lot"Click it", either for controls or for insulin (we use syringe) and knowing that it doesn't matter how it does not get rid, but it is stirred, hides your hands, squeeze your fists so you can't take your fingers, it takes you away while with the other hand ... I am very worried about this because it gives me much more sorry I have to do it and I can't think of what I can do and I see even the moment in which I end up accepting it.

For the rest, we continue in it ... In the last HG of March it had 7.6, the next review has it in June, they call us from the hospital twice a week and I am passing the "table" by fax periodically toGo adjusting, it is still very prone to hypoglycemia and we walk carefully.

I wanted to ask you also, what kind of chuches "can eat", facing birthdays and to take a bag to school and are prepared there too.

We are recovering from the initial shock that assumed all this and we see it as something everyday, which is already enough.

Greetings to all

helora's profile photo
helora
04/18/2011 7:15 a.m.

Good morning everyone,

I'm sorry that I have not written before but I have no free time ... and lately I'm very tired.
With the pump at the moment we do not hit basal and the nights are very hard… .IEat some things that I don't do before but ... it costs me a lot to adjust it ... meals more or less yes but the nights especially have me very disoriented ... I'm changing basal ... trying but it's very unstable ... I do a thousand controls ... and on top ofThat the basal ones take the effect two hours after the change… .. then you do not see… I have to schedule the basal ones thinking in two hours later?I don't know to what extent that is accurate and as far as the hours I want to "catch" ... at 23.00 he is usually high ... I correct him a little ... at 2 okay, he is fine under a tad the basal for fear of going down ...at 4 again high ... I correct ...Theme of the basal… .tampo is exactly the theme ration/insulin of Nando because it varies a lot….
The basal are you playing very often or not?And if at night you have a good number about 2 (for example), you modify a basal that keeps that number/ and how do you know what it is? ...

Thank you..

A kiss

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
04/18/2011 7:16 a.m.

Super baby, welcome !!!You who carry and the controls you have, to see if we can help you something.
From 23 to 5.30 in the morning 0.90 units.
5.30 to 7 .... 1 you.-
7 to 10 1.35 units.
10 to 14, 0.90 units.
14-16, 1.20 units.
16-20.30, 0.80 units.
20,30-23, 1 you.
You have to keep in mind that I put dual bolus, there are those who choose to increase the basal instead of using squares.
Greetings, and here we are for what you need.

Helora, congratulations on the school ... The truth is that they are pleased when they treat you like that ... there is nothing better than having confidence ... regarding the child's attitude is completely complete ... it happened to us, he even refused to eat once the insulin ... They were hard moments, before what is almost only to be inflexible and act with certainty and roundness (very difficult at that time), I am sure that a little time will make him make himThings improve.

Maruchi, basal changes begin to take effect such as fast insulin, that is, 1/2 hour or 3/4 hour later ... I think that at the initial moments you should not change so much or put so many storms, or correctSo much so, it is humanly impossible to hit with anything ... I would be 2-3 nights with figures even if they were something high and then I would already adjust the basal ones better, but try not to put many variables that you are going to go crazy ... I tell youThe same, if you want to put the basal you carry and the controls, or if you prefer to call me and talk about it ....

Kisses to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/18/2011 7:45 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks again :)

I have found these jelly beans, have anyone tried it, would they be appropriate?

helora's profile photo
helora
04/18/2011 8:12 a.m.

Helora I don't know if it will work for you, but mine became very tense when we had to click on the culete and it was a fight, apart from how bad it happens.We did several things to get used to, one was to give it a ball, without a clear needle, so that he also put the insulin to his dolls, to make us (or make us) the controls naturally to see it as amore routine.And another thing was also to give him "prizes" when he behaved well or distract him with something new while we click him (even if it is a photo or a drawing taken from the computer, something that distracts him and relaxes him at that time).I bought a box of tractors that came about 20 or so it didn't cost me much and we had for a good season.It goes wrong but you'll see that little by little they get used to, children are very routine.Congratulations on school, often rest and how difficult it is to meet people like that.Ah about the jellyla, mine does not like anything, so I can't help you.If you want something, I give sugarless chupachups, some aspitos or even if any kinder chocolate is short of those little ones.

Maruchi coincides with Velia, too many changes, so it is very difficult to know if you have the basal adjusted.According to you, if at 23.00 it is a little high, you may miss a little bowl of dinner bolus.But well if you run and at 3 hours it is fine, do not reduce basal unless it is very fair because what is happening is that this reduction you do causes the rise of 4.00.If there is that up and down it is because basal reductions are left over or perhaps are excessive.I would do as Velia says, try to see first the line that makes at night, even for more tranquility being a tall tad and when you observe it, then you will see if it tends to go up or down and you already modify basal.It is important not to make so much change at the beginning because it is difficult to establish a guideline.

Supernena welcome, my son is smaller so I don't think her basal ones help you.In addition, girls at that age already begin with the hormonal revolution.Much encouragement and patience, which at first costs a bit but then it is the best treatment.

Oh Mornita, the brothers, I have had it and I have it difficult to have both of the same age.I have had from the non -diabetic asking us to control him, to the diabetic saying he wants to be like his brother, so as not to have to puncture.It is complicated, the best I think is to be neutral, that they do not see that we see it as something negative but as a thing that each one has, although it is then inevitable to "pay more attention to the diabetic and that can take its toll to the non -diabetic.

I don't remember anymore :(

Kisses for all

mani05's profile photo
mani05
04/18/2011 9:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.