{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Lucinere,
As I told you a while ago I was going with that endocrine team for many years (15 years).I think they are good in the issue of diabetes, at least before they were totally up to date, I now suppose they are older and they do not know acute treatments well.Don't know.What I can tell you is that they have nothing left hand.I was always a very responsible and very shy girl, and as I eat as small I learned everything from the beginning slowly and did not feel like going to the diabetes camps.I went with my friends to normal camps.A year (I would have 10 or 11), when my mother told them that they would not sign up for the happy camp, I took the doctor and I looked very seriously and said: "If you do not want to learn you are risking you to have a heart attack at 20years and cut your leg before 30 ".I think I've never cried so much.The best of all, that we have always had them well and the poor lady's clamp was simply.He had several tone outputs, even my brother (with whom I have been 14 years) to explain something because it seemed that I did not listen to my mother or me ... Anyway, I would listen to him on the subjectof treatment and others by one ear enter and on the other it comes out ...

On the school, I also have a little bad and not for the classmates but for the teachers.There were three types of teachers:
- Those who saw me take sugar and little else called the ambulance or my parents (they often scare sometimes)
- Those who understood the subject and asked me after a while, are you okay?
- And those who believe that diabetes is a chorraza and that it is not necessarydizzy and there was no way of climbing.I had a technical drawing exam and my hands were shaking, I didn't see well and told the teacher that I was going to make me a sugar test (we were several diabetics and had a machine to measure) I went and was very low, it gave me sugarAnd I was about half an hour.When I came to class, you told me, are you going to finish the exam or deliver it to me blank?I ... can't you do it another day?And he told me no, that I had already seen it and that if I had to have a little sugar, I couldn't do the exam was my problem.I did it by handle hand ... I took a 7 and took 3 points because I did not do it with a rule ... the anger I took was monumental !!!

Well, after the same roll it is important to remind you of what diabetes implies in school.And that if a class is done, it is not necessary to interrupt the class or ask out loud, are you okay?Do you want sugar?I call your parents?Because the truth is that it is very uncomfortable to be the center of attention with diabetes

tica's profile photo
tica
03/03/2011 6:07 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

NOVIDAD GIRLS I have discovered in the Mercadona (I don't know how to know but in case:

-FLANES OF CHOCOLATE REYNA WITHOUT SUGARS ADDED HYDROATES IN 100GR 10.4 OF WHICH SUGARS 5G 1 FLAN 1 RATION
-Flanes of vanilla Reyna without sugars added hydrates in 100gr 10 of which sugars 5.3 g 1 flan 1 ration
-Natillas with cookie (the cookie on top) landowner manufactured by Montero Hydrates in 100g 18.6 of which sugars 3.7 gr 1 glass glass 2 or 2.50 r depending on how each interpreted.
I recommend that from this range (two units come in glass vessels) you look at everything in case there are many products but it has not given me time to look at them.
-Cays landed (for cholesterol) without sugars added carbohydrates in 100gr.3.9 of which sugars 3,2 (the latter I had to read 3 times one of them with magnifying glass because I did not believe it) :)) :)) a bottle of 100 is equivalent to not even half a serving or interpretationof each one.

-Chocolatins nestle (3 chocolates come) without sugars added carbohydrates in 100gr 51.2 of which sugars 0.4g the rest polyalcohols (maltitol) 1 25 gr choclotain1.50R to value for each one, in the case of these chocolates somewhat more fat 8.7g by chocolate from which saturated 5.1.What a fashion!From time to time it doesn't hurt, right?Ahhhh I have bought chocolate

Well girls then happened to me, I have not read anything but I have seen that you have written a lot, in short it was so excited with my purchase that ... I had to tell you!Hahahaha I have already given a dessert vanilla flan that it is if you saw what emotion and taste it ate it!He did even liguits hahahaha.That I am happy that they have taken out these because those who had egg without added sugars did not like because the truth is that they are very stiff.

A kiss and until the afternoon that I will read you calmly

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/03/2011 8:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!Lucinere, I tell you the experience with my daughter and the Lantus: she started putting her at night and passed her like you, she had to go to bed to get up well.I didn't like that plan.If we lowered the dose so that I didn't have those hypos, it didn't last 24 hours.
The solution was to put it in the morning, so that the first hours of Lantus, which are the most active, can compensate them with the meals of the day.
The nights were very calm, very stable ... (140-80-120)...

The only way to last 24 hours is to go a little with the dose, so it is better to put it in the morning or at noon, to compensate for the possible hypos of the first 8 hours with the meals of the day.

The truth is that with this treatment makes a very normal life, without rigid schedules in meals.You can even skip breakfast and keep sleeping and nothing happens.Lantus gets at 11 am, but surely it would also come good after eating.
Look to see if you get measured in school, as Velia tells you, because it is important.It can be measured at recess, no one has to find out if they don't want them to see it.
And if you can change from endo to another who knows how to adapt the most logical treatments, much better .. because what has been touched: shock :.Tell the change in the morning, which you cannot continue with that risk of night hypos.

Velia, give a lot of encouragement to Alea, that the beginnings of any business are hard, but everything and her son will do everything very well.
I am very happy with the hemo of Angela, as soon as adolescence exceed stability, it becomes much greater.And there is less.: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/03/2011 10:21 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well already stoy quieter and with the belly full hahahaha

Maruchi How is Nando?I hope that I am better, at least that the fever goes down so that the glycemia stabilize, look at the little one when it is very loaded with mucus I put the humifier in the room and rest better at night, TB you can give it theMuchosan (it is a syrup and does not affect the glycemia) and nasal whey.There is less for the bomb :))

Velia! Peazooooooo 6,4!will you have fattened a couple of kilos, right?hahahaha that is a job well done!Ahhh Velia you will tell us what Bayer's tell you.How are those studies go?

Marcita I'm glad that the "viruses" have decided to go the other way, for God I hope they do not decide to use my house as a refuge!:-/:-/ And good luck for day 22 will be an safe approved and with good note!

Lucinere on the theme of the Lantus I cannot help you, it is that we have never used it, and about Lucia's, Ayss how bad are the shame!It occurs to me as Velia says, perhaps it would be good if they gave a little charlita in her class.Have you asked in your association?Sometimes if you ask them to move to school to give it.

McLaudi delighted to meet you.

Well I'm going to control the little one, tomorrow I keep reading you because I have not yet read you all.A hug

DiabetesForo
03/03/2011 10:55 a.m.

Good night!!!!
Rosabel, what a joy to see you here, yes it was a long time: D ... to see if we talked for a while and with traquility.I am going to Madrid, but taking off the trip, we can talk at any other time.
Of course Lucinere is a fighter mother, how to doubt that.You already know that I have also lived this in solitude and with many difficulties and I know what it is to take this load, and on topIt would happen to me is to judge anyone ... I just put myself in his skin and I get helpless, the same as I imagine she will suffer ... and the same with the girl, with 8 years, too much that she does, of course.You can't ask for much more, but it is true that we have highly run a little against and from there the desire for things to go better ....

A kiss to all, tomorrow I read you more slowly.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/03/2011 4:10 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much for everyone for annoying you so much to answer me, the truth is that I don't know what to do more, I always talk to her and I understand it perfectly, never doubt because she can't eat such a thing, but she doesn't do it now with almost 8 orWhen I debut with 4, immediately her father and I normalize everything at least in front of her.In summer in the pool the controls are done in front of everyone, I also tell you that when he wants, on other occasions a pelin is hidTo school to do the controls before recess, entered class and there they did it, many children came to see what they did, but it is that children are sometimes tremendous, they came toooodos the days and always with the same question, it seems that our children are more mature and do not need tanatas daily explanations, I saw that she began to embarrass when she entered the classroom.Now it is she who takes the gluco, as there are days that it is not done by cutting, the days that makes it hidden, takes the gluco to the service and if any girl continues to stop doing it orHe tells him that now he expects it outside (with how easy it would be to tell it and already this, but she knows that the next day he would have to tell it again)
Fix to what extent it comes that if we stay to play at school at the end of the class you never feel like, you are not hungry and do you know why it is?Because if you have to do the control and already waiting for some friend, she does not want to do control and prefer to run out of snack, until I take her and take her to the sink, the children are behind and she shouts at them: that now I voyy!
Recently he had to write what I wanted in a blank book and she wrote about diabetes, which must do day by day, it seemed great but then tells me: I won't have to read it high in class, right?I do not want children to read (it is a book that takes every week 1 child and writes)
Another thing is the teacher, as a professional I like it a lot, he instills many values, he likes cultural themes, literature, theater, music and traditions but it is a hood of man, does not put him in that he controls but does nothingon your part and even gives you less importance than you have (it takes you at the beginning of 1st information)
The doctor we have for me at the time of debut served me a lot, explaining what it consists of, theme, etcCamabiar ourselves impossible, there is no one else ... what we do is go to reviews to carry out and do what we believe because Lucia and her reactions know them better than her.
I think it's some of my girl.
The change in the morning the lantus, I will wait a few days to see how so why I change how I do?Suddenly it can't be ...
Thank you very much again to all, especially to McLaudi because when I find out that I am Pocha puts me your man or your ear with the phone to let off steam, kisses.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
03/03/2011 4:36 p.m.

Lucinere, we made the change in the morning putting half of Lantus at night and, in the morning, the normal dose.
We had to upload some units to last 24 hours, but one in one unit and waiting for two days in each change.
Our endo encouraged us to find the schedule that was best, without rigid guidelines, and the truth is that this change facilitated our lives.
Tell him with the endo to feel more safe, but I don't think he puts any paste.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/03/2011 4:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good time, how is everything going?
Montse, you have not been abrupt, much less .... I still have been me, but you already know that this disease is very damn ... and when instead of orienting you disorient you, how difficult it is to meA lot of anger.
Congratulations on Angela's Hemo.You are a champion.
A hug to all and have a good weekend.I will take advantage of it to rest, which lately is more tired ......

macllaudi's profile photo
macllaudi
03/04/2011 4:18 a.m.

Good morning,

Yesterday I wrote a message but today I see that it is not ... what a wonder ...: Evil :: oops:
Nando is recovered .... yesterday he had no fever anymore .... what a mystery that would hit so much fever and then or decimas ... every day nando disorient me more!:-/
Instead I have a sore throat ...... Grrrr ... It is difficult to recover 100% if it is not resting at night ... Anyway ... it is what there is.

The glycemia because more or less good ... what happens is that after meals, at the hour and a half (when the peak of the rapid is supposed) it is always very high and at the time later (when the NPH begins) Sometimes it has some hypo ... I believe that the guideline that carries is not well at all ... because if at 2 hours of eating it between 150 and 180 is quite well but at the time and a half it is in 250I don't think it's good ..... the thing is that if we do control outside the hours of controls, it is usually very high ... I don't know if I explain myself ...... I suppose that with the bomb that does not happen becauseBy carrying that "stable" basal, blood glucose remains more "stable" ... let's see.

I am giving him for the infant flumil moccos in envelopes (in syrups he carries sugars but in envelopes only aspartam"Rare" chaquitas especially after dinner ... or maybe the petisuis that I have been giving some days ..... I return to my research adventure .... for the moment I have removed the petisuis ...

On the 8th we are going to look for the bomb (only to have it at home in "demo" plan and touch it a little) ... the Moemnto meter I do not want to put it although sure that on the 8th I have it with the endocrine ...let's see.

Thank you for all your answers ..... always.:)
A kiss.

I hope you have a good weekend.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
03/04/2011 5:55 a.m.

Lena, you have noticed if those desserts have no gluten right?hahaha :-/ :-/
The King Flanes have them in Mercadona or only in Carrefour?I have to look ...

And I don't understand this ...:

-Natillas with cookie (the cookie on top) made manufactured by Montero Hydrates in 100g 18.6 of which sugars 3.7 gr 1 glass glass 2 or 2.50 r depending on how each interpreted each one.>

What weighs the glass glass so that it will count from 2 to 2.5 portions?And in the event that they are 2.5 rations ... when could you give him 2.5 rations only for dessert?

Thank you...:)
kisses

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
03/04/2011 5:59 a.m.

Maruchi is glad that Nando is better.Again with those rare jolin chaquitas!
If with the pump those climbs are controlled very well, you go up the basal and fixed.That Guay Maruchi on the 8th you have the bomb in your hands.

The Petit del Mercadona do not have gluten, and now they have taken tb from choco (or I had not seen them before), the caregol (cholesterol) and the reyna flan either have gluten, the custard I think so (it does not say they do not have it).

Maruchi looks when I say "to the interpretation of each one" I mean that sometimes when you get to what is equivalent to 1 ration of a specific product you do not get fair, that is, in the case of the custard, an entire custard ofThe landowners equals 23.3g of hydrates (a little of the 2 portions are passed), because I depend on the glycemia that the little one has before eating or what I have eaten if I am equivalent to 2 rations or 2 rations andaverage.The same thing happens with the jelly without addicts of the Mercadona (Sin gluten) in 100gr.There are 3.5 of hydrates of which sugars 0, so 1 ration would be 285 gr, 0.50r would be 143 gr and each glass brings 100gr.I mean that it is equivalent to a little more than ration room, because sometimes and depending on glycemia before eating it I tell him as a ration room or even sometimes I have given it free.

For example, sometimes if you eat 1 vegetable pure with fish, then I put your custard, it is a very light meal.

Jo Maruchi I don't know if I have explained, it's that I don't write little daughter, what am I going to do!

A kiss

DiabetesForo
03/04/2011 7:40 a.m.

Velia You have not seemed abruptly at all, to revenge, very kind to offer me even your phone, if I tell what happens to me it is because I need to do it and all the comments are well received.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
03/04/2011 8:04 a.m.

Firewood!You have explained luxury!: D thanks !!!
Let's try those postrecitos .... :)

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
03/04/2011 8:35 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Maclaudi, Rosaluci;): D
Lena, do you take care of you?Do you have cholesterol problems?I understand that it should only be taken when you have cholesterol ...
Again the rare chaquitas? ... yes, will you have to discard things that come wrong.
We had to Toledana Night, it had been a long time ... I don't know if for a bubble (a bubble I would say) or for some catheter failure (it would be the first time with the oblique) ... I already missed me that at 2 at 2I had 300 ... I corrected him and at 4, before he measured him again that he was very bad, I measured him and 412: shock :, I measured the c. stony and 2.3 in blood, a pass ...I put 4 units with boli and checked the bomb, it appeared normal ... I increased the basal for 50% for 4 hours ... Finally, measured every 1/2 hour, it was already going down and the acetone was also normalized..But I did not sin an eye ... He got up at 10.30 totally recovered and eager to go to school that gave him the notes ... so I couldn't sleep more than 1 hour, and we had to come to Madrid,Come on, yesterday was made some foxes ... The fact is that tonight has been the same, although around 200, now I just changed the catheter because this no longer fits me ... Let's see what happens.
I will finish fixing the house we have to Nati, and soon we will leave.
Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/05/2011 6:09 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia!that mystery about Angela .... Tomorrow tell us how happened the night finely ... Let's see if with the change of catheter the matter has been regulated ..... and vomit for being so high ???had it ever happened to him? ...

A kiss for you and another for Angela.
I hope you can rest tonight.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
03/05/2011 3:55 p.m.

Velia how scare you would pass !!!Today I do not want to remember it but I will tell you what happened to us 2 times this week Tb to give you something!

Not the girl does not take care, I have put it in case someone needed it I knew that in Mercadona they had it and with very few hydrates;););););

Maruchi, how is that throat?I hope you are better

Lucinere How is our little Lucia going?Girl what I can tell you, the other day I commented with a friend, for me the moms that you are in this you are worthy of admiring, because in this diabetes you take everything alone and how I get tired that this disease isPhysics and psychologically then ... I can imagine, almost feel, your physical tiredMy husband helps me and even so sometimes I feel especially tired.Anyway, I think you are super moms.I know that you will not feel it like that but I see it from the outside I feel like that.

Well I'm going to see if I take my morning cafelito do you want to?

DiabetesForo
03/06/2011 2:46 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Thank you very much girls !!!!! Lena, come, I accept that coffee ...
Maruchi, vomited by acetone, as soon as he went down he stopped feeling bad, and Lena is what worried me most, that I had so much, in principle because I did not know if it was because I was incubating something or because I had no insulin ...As soon as I put the units with Boli, at the time it was only 0.9 and that is a good sign, I could already intuit that it was for lack of insulin ...
That is why it is so important to measure acetone when they are high, I will tell you that in recent months 2 friends who have diabetic daughters have happened to them that confused acetone with a gastroenteritis, after all the symptoms are similar, hyperglycemia, vomiting, abdominal pain, badly being general, we are going, easy to think about that and more when they swarm that type by Cáceres ... the first case resulted in ICU by ketoacidosis, and the second was resolved with hospitalization in plant ..In order, that is why we must insist on measuring the c.Cetonic, especially if you are a bomb bearer, since having no residual insulin is easier that they may appear ... It is also true that following the instructions they usuallyRefer quite easily ... ahhh and I already took the opportunity to remember, although you will all know ... with a bomb, provided that the values ​​are greater than 300, especially if it has been corrected and has not lowered, click insulin with a ball, checkInfusion equipment, especially bubbles, blood in the catheter, and if it is suspected that there is obstruction, change the catheter ...
Anyway, yesterday I removed the catheter and has returned to his normal glycemias ... I know that I should have changed it the day before, but he confisled that for the day he was perfectly ... in short, that for the moment file x resolved.
Maruchi, sees note because this does not happen every day, but sometimes you know ...
Lena, whenever you want, each experience helps many others who can go through the same at a given time.

A kiss and happy Sunday to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/06/2011 5:55 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thank you Lena for asking, what costs me the most to be alone is when you find a strange figure and you have to decide what to do quickly and you cannot talk to anyone.This last summer on the beach at dinner time the Gluco Hi, I put insulin, wait half an hour, measured again, still marked Hi, I started getting nervous thinking: since this I do not go down I will have to go to the emergency room, catchA taxi to get to the nearest hopital, in Benidorm there is no hospital ... well, I knew what I should do but I felt alone, calling Lucia's father was not a solution because we were 500 kilometers and the only thing I would get is to worry aboutTo him, he took the phone from another breast that I know personally from another diabetes forum, what he had done, she listened to me, told me that I was acting well and we had a while and calm me down ... that is what is whatBut it costs me, not being able to share those moments, getting up at night I don't care, is the least.

Velia What a bad time did you have to pass with Angela's, the bubbles of the bubbles with the bomb or what?
This week without fail I go to the health center to ask for strips to measure ketone bodies, to see if they give me because the nurse of Lucia's pediatrician did not know what existed.

What you comment on the products without Mercadona, we have tried the flan and chocolate, very rich both, ah good and gelatinas, they are not so good but Lucia loves.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
03/06/2011 10:26 a.m.

Lucinere, the blood c. stuns are for the Opium xceed glucometer, I don't know if any other gluco admits them ... if you don't have that glucometer they also have to give you ... Ask Maclaudi where they supply themShe, who knows that he uses them ... I do not understand that they do not know that they exist, but in which world live those who have to advise us, even if she is a pediatrics nurse ... Anyway.
The bubbles, that is a cross but of the fat people ... a few years ago they came out occasionally, we used to often check the cable.Now they only come out in the change of the infusion team, they do not usually appear later, but the temperature changes, and some other factors make them appear ... curiously, Juan Luis has never come out.We do not know if it is because the reservoir is bigger ... But come on, that does not throw you back, those inconveniences of the pump are important, but still, they are minimal with respect to the advantages.
Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/06/2011 3:29 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

If if I already have velia , it is the one I use ..... also McLaudi and I do not match, they give me the material in my health center, she lives in another town than me.
We have not considered the bomb, if sometimes we have spoken so much with the girl and her father and me but what is serious, no, anyway we would have to fight very much because I already say that her endo is notVery given to put them, more than anything because you should not have an idea .... I like you anyway because like that we have to be informed, that it is not complicated ....

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
03/06/2011 4:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.