{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Good morning 

What a night of not sleeping, I have been with Nando…. It is impossible for dawn as it is ... I have tried everything !!And see that he was almost sure he was going to get it… .. at 11 pm I was in 90 and of course I gave him something to endure the night ... but I only gave him 70 ml of milk (with nothing) and the4 I was 300 !!!!!!I put him as I could and parting my eyes "by eye" 0.3 with the syringe ... (nor half unity) ....I have controlled him…

I have made a decision.It will be for a short time because if God wants by the end of March at most, I will take the bomb…Drinking, pis and in a bad mood (normal) ... so I'm going to delay slowly ... I will be a puncture more every day but I hope you don't find out too much because I will put it at 22.30 and at that time it always sleeps quite deep... so instead of mixing at 19.30 together with the quick of the dinner I will put it later and thus it will cover me all night ... In the other way at 4 he stays with nothing and starts up ... and climb ... and climb ...And as I know that it dawns very highly I get up an hour before I could get up to put the insulin of breakfast and have the margin of at least an hour until breakfast to get about 100 ... and so I can have breakfast ...Let's go crazy.
Tonight I will try this new guideline to see how.

Yesterday I was with the endocrine and other parents who will also put the bomb to their children ... We were 4 different parents ... all very animated with the bomb ...
Did you also have to put a continuous meter for about 3 days before putting the bomb?They told me that it is essential to put the bomb….next week) ... I just don't feelI remember the name) and not in blood and that the difference is sometimes up to 60… .. Then I do not understand very well the purpose ...

Ask to put the cream is anesthetic that you use (it is called not?) And he told me that he could put it but maximum 20 minutes on the skin because it can have an poisoning ... and I have read somewhere that I had to leave theless an hour?...

We continue without rare and bad "bugs" !!May I am , a little thing less than worry ... this makes me concentrate on other things ... :).So the damn gluten -free cookies I took for breakfast seems to be the causes ……… At the moment no more cookies!

Marcita, how is this?What did the pediatrician say?

Velia, Garcias for everything once :)

It's Friday and the weeks fly ... I wish you a nice weekend to everyone, especially our children.

kisses

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/18/2011 5:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Excellent!Maruchi, will you see how with the bomb you get better, in the end, which one have you decided?
Next week the meter, see that they put Emla, it hurts a lot, and of 20 minutes nothing, in the prospect it makes it clear, children older than one year minimum 2 hours maximum 5 hours, what is going to get intoxicated?Man if they put the whole tube ... I for the catheter I put a pightite the size of a pea with a small plastichite, at most it extends an area of ​​2cmx2cm.For the sensor it would be more quantity but we are like two peas for you to get an idea.

To my son the sensor of "Before the bomb" they put it without emla, poor mine!As he cried, I still wonder how I left the nurse's burraca to put it to the living, the lack of experience, but you do not give in, it really is an important needle.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/18/2011 5:59 a.m.

Marrrrrrrrrr !!!(Mornita) Now you have scared me!:-/:-/
Perso if they told me it was like the bomb ..... a very finite canulite of 6 mm ... ???
uffffffffffffffff ... And the cream told me that it didn't even happen to me at home before taking it ... that maximum 20 minutes !!!
relief!!!!The endocrine wants me crazy ??????????

Well, I think they will directly put the ACCU CHEC combo ...

A besin for Nicolas.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/18/2011 6:25 a.m.

Since Lena told me how she did and I read the information about the EMLA, I put it every 3 days (each catheter change) for 2 hours .If not enough effect.And with a kitchen film covering the area.My son is hyper sensitive to the punctures, hurt and give him dread and so we are getting his dreadful to take away.
The sensor can be better explained to you that usually use it.If the values ​​are stable, we are going that they are not much and not extreme is usually much more precise in the measurement but the most important data that a meter gives is not the exact blood glucose if not "the trend" I mean if it is climbing, going down and if itHe is doing quickly or quickly.You read a 130 and you may think that the data is very good but with the meter you will know if it is going down and 15 minutes ago it was in 220 and in 15 minutes it can be in 60. It is wonderful the apparatus although it carries its work too.
How good they will put a bomb.I'm very happy Maruchi

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
02/18/2011 9:52 a.m.

Very good,
Maruchi, I'm very glad that the chaquitas have disappeared and that the bomb is already firm.Noe did not put the meter, neither before or after the pump, yes, three days before, the day they put the bomb and three days later, we had to control every hour, it was tremendous, but we saved him the evilTIME TO HER.
I use lambdalina, instead of Emla, and it is echoed at least 1 hour before, although there are also days that I put it without anesthesia and it does not complain either.
Lena, hopefully everything goes well, I say the same as Velia, that if you can do something or support, here we are.
And Noe is better, most children in their class have flu, she has the first symptoms, but as she is vaccinated, the thing has not gone to more, she has no fever since before last night, she continues with mucus and hoarse andMalcoming, but it goes better, but there are some partner admitted to the happy flu.In the ophthalmologist, everything is made a rose.
And I also say goodbye until Monday, you have a good weekend.Kisses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/18/2011 10:45 a.m.

Good morning !!!!
I do not understand how they continue to put the meter when 3 days it is practically impossible to see any results ... if at least they put it for a couple of weeks.
And yes, Marichu, the Minilink needle impresses, come on, nothing to do with that of the pump, neither the thickness nor the length ... Of course very aggressive without anesthetic, I already believe it.
The 6mm fine canulite is that of the pump.
How the kids are going ... Angela has endo on Friday, we'll see, because they have a very good average in the gluco, it only has 1 hiccup, it is not bad, huh?, But I do not trust the contour link .... yesterday I talked to the mother of a girl who went with us to the reviews and since she has the contour link she has given an 8 ... there they have told her that it is for the new method, but Tararí that I saw you.... we'll see.
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/20/2011 6:24 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Good morning!!!

Over here sunny, cold but at least a great sun that warms us a little.Today we started the day with a beautiful 361mg/ml Take now!So syringe to singing, change of catheter, crying because it is late for school (she has a very hard teacher, of those before) and accompanying the tears a comment that hurts and hurts mom if she did not have Taty (we callSo the bomb) would not have diabetes and it would not be late for school!Anyway without further comments.

Maruchi I would put the anesthetic cream for the sensor without hesitation, we put the oblique catheters that have a needle like a flag, we have never used the sensor but once they taught me in the hospital and .... inend I recommend that you put it on.The effect of effect in our case so that it does not hurt anything at all when entering has to be 2 hours after the credit.I guess it will also depend on how the pain endures each.

Our little bomb was put with 22 months and did not put a sensor, I think as Velia for my wearing a sensor only 3 days does not help the endocrine because it cannot take it at least 10 days and more in a child whoChange the insulin needs of one week for another.We went to the hospital every 2 or 3 days to look at basal .... Continuous telephone contact, we go as normal I think the bomb put in a child and even think that it must be in an adult.The truth is that I am not a 24 -hour sensor and continuously in a child, it seems excessive, although I know that as Santesteban says it is a wonder of apparatus, but I think that it is not prepared for young children, for me it is notIt is possible that a 4 -year -old needed the same needle as a 14 -year -old boy.

Ah it seems perfect to me that you change the time of the NPH Nocturna, in its day it was one of the first things that the endocrine changed us and we did very well. What time do you put the NPH in the morning?

Marcita Jolín with the flu A, I'm glad that Noe is better and that the ophthalmologist's review has given ok, my little one tabs TB Eye review I hope it is also ok.

Vroyjoaqui I'm glad that endocrine change has been for the better, it is very important that you feel you are in good hands.

Velia we tb we use the contour link and for now we have not noticed anything, in the February review we have had a 6.7, anyway explicate me more than what you have noticed and I will notice from now on.Only a hypo in all the quarter, that Guay, you will see how you get a good note in the next exam;););)

Santesteban Yes The sugar is counted like this, look at I weight in raw all the ingredients and take the rations by ingredients, then the total of rations.I make the cake, weight and divide weight between total rations and that's it.We are going as if it were a potato tortilla, for example, 100 grams of sugar = 10 portions, 3 eggs = free, 150 grs of flour = 10 portions, 1 lemon yogurt with sugar = 1.50 total ration rations = 10r sugar + 10rflour + 1.50 lemon yogurt = 21.50 rations.Once the cake is done, let's suppose it gives us 550gr you divide it by 21.50 rations = 25 gr 1 ration of cake.I do not know if I have explained it well or I have struck you more:-/:-/ but let's go that is how I do it.

Well girls a kiss, I'm going to do something.

DiabetesForo
02/21/2011 4:24 a.m.

Hello, I am made a mess because I see that according to the criteria of the doctor who touches us in luck, each one gives a different pattern and insulins ... well, we take it as they have told us but then I read messages like the one ofMaruchi

What a night of not sleeping with Nando…. It is impossible for dawn as it is ... I have tried everything !!And see that he was almost sure he was going to get it… .. at 11 pm I was in 90 and of course I gave him something to endure the night ... but I only gave him 70 ml of milk (with nothing) and the4 I was 300 !!!!!!I put him as I could and parting my eyes "by eye" 0.3 with the syringe ... (nor half unity) ....I have controlled him…

And we have been told that at night, unless it is sick or exceptional case, it is not necessary to measure it nor is it as high, put any extra dose of insulin either
At about 9, we put what touches of NPH and Humalog, and before we goBelow 80, natural yogurt only if it is between 120-180 and with more than 200 do not give anything.And we spend the night without further controls, up to the morning, 8:30 that we wake up, we measure, breakfast ...
Is this not enough?

Thank you

helora's profile photo
helora
02/21/2011 5:49 a.m.

Helora, then, not even the endocrine agreed, but I allow myselfAltos either because in the control of 23:00 or 24: 00h they have had a glycemia of 90 or similar have been given a resopon and at 3:00 in the morning you find them in 50mg/dl or lower,If we had not lifted what had happened?:?:?.Sometimes TB for a matter of exercise in the day and despite lowering the night insulin are very righteous all night or even have some hypoglycemic.Anyway, I don't know, I give you my sincere opinion, I sure that other moms from here will be able to advise you a little.

A hug

DiabetesForo
02/21/2011 6:32 a.m.

Well, we have "fought" for us to have the night annotations ... textual words, the night is to sleep it all, you have to remove fear, you see that nothing happens.

helora's profile photo
helora
02/21/2011 6:54 a.m.

I do not agree at all.
My daughter, who is 17 years old, continues to measure her every night at about 3-4 in the morning.And yet he has had some horse hypos.

What is not correcting "is as it is"?

Anyway, you will see, but I would stand seriously to change endocrine.

Health

DiabetesForo
02/21/2011 10:33 a.m.

As always, each case is a world.
The strange thing is for a child to be stable ... The same one day is eaten half a fridge and does not go from 150 and the next day for a cookie it gets in 250

My opinion about night glycems is that you have to do them to know how the child behaves at night.
If it were the case of being very stable, we could eliminate those night glycemia for some nights ... but the days of much stress or much exercise are very difficult days to control and with large possibilities of nocturnal hypos.
If you control the glycemia of the night you have controlled a third of the day.

And during the day you have to correct with insulin whenever necessary ... depending on the activity you are going to do ... obviously they are more punctures but the control improves a lot.

DiabetesForo
02/21/2011 12:31 p.m.

Thanks girls, it is incredible that just changing the insulin has improved so many, the 300 and 400 were left behind with which he woke up, now he wakes up from 150 to 80 we still have things to work but the little visit we have the day 1 andI no longer feel so disappointed
Helora I am super amazed that they have told you that at night you do not do anything, I do not have much experience in this but come it seems to be nonsense because I think that all the breasts have taken some scare in the middle of the night, and we think thatIt would have happened if I wake up !!!!
I do not intend to scare you but sometimes the figures can be very variable without niguna explanation
Maruchi I am very happy for the Nando bomb sure that your quality of life will improve a lot and the nights will be calmer and you will tell me when you have to put it on Joaqui
I arrive late to the football !!!!!!!!!!

veroyjoaqui's profile photo
veroyjoaqui
02/21/2011 12:49 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Lena, the contour link has given me the occasional substitute to take into account, and for what it seems is not isolated, with high values ​​it is crazy, so that on 2 times in a row it has given us a value of 400 and in 2Consecutive measurements even with the same drop, it gave 200, we are going the difference is Pocha: D (Joooo, "The difference is Pocha" is an expression that just left me and that I did not use for years :)) :))).And yet in the normal measurements it gives lower values ​​to those of another glucometer, and that is reflected in the hemo ... in fact what Mani told is that the child had an average of 130 in the gluchPost there were no hypos or hyper considerable and hemo has left them 8, to see how you explain that ... the only explanation is the gluco est, and giving lower values ​​... it is not the same to be in 170, thanIn 140 ... I will tell you ... and the data that I have registered are 1 month, it has been dropped from 60, 65, although I am in those and more if I do not consider them hypos, but important descentsOnly that and another on Saturday that went to eat at a friend and weighed the spaghetti with all the paraphernalia of the carbonara, in short, everything is to learn ...
Helora, as you see until every endocrine is a world ...In every way and it is so easy that it is low as it is high and in the 2 situations you have to act ... that the endo scolds you, first make it understand that every night it has a different value (unless it is always goodAnd stable), that you do not want the high night to pass by not measuring and correction, come on, that is common sense, and above all let him know that you carry and very well the reins of your child's diabetes, that you know and controlThe subject does not amilanes because it is a doctor, because in this unfortunately, it is as if we had a master's degree ....?If with this it is still stubborn in the same, we go to Plan B, do control and not notice ... and if you see that it does not answer you as endo, ask for a change ...
VROYJOAQUI, I'm very happy that the change is already giving its fruits ....: D

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/22/2011 5:05 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks for the answers, :)
The 1st day we return to consultation so I already tell you the return.

Another thing, the only reliable way to know if diabetes is well controlled is with hemoglobin?Or is it not as reliable as it seems?

Thank you

helora's profile photo
helora
02/22/2011 5:33 a.m.

Very good,
Well, we are already well here, the Moccos are left in quantity, but well, otherwise, well, but the class is still minimal, very few children are still, nor the teacher has yet come ...
Helora, hallucino with your endo, this was mine before moving (it will not be the same? Where are you from? Hehehe).We are also at odds for 6 or 7 controls, between day and night.I join the moms who advise you night control, we had once, at first, a substitute and since then we did not skip a night, in fact, now we do two controls at night.And of course you have to correct when they are high.
Velia, this Friday you have endo?It is up to us next month, the 22 and collect the results of the annual review.
Vero, I'm glad the thing goes better, little by little ...
Lena, when I do a sponge cake it also weights it like this and more or less stacked me well.Ah!I have already sent you the photo.
Well, I'm going to go around the forum.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
02/22/2011 10:05 a.m.

Helora, glycosylated hemoglobin, weight and glycemic variability, especially .... It seems that a good hemo achieved based on hypos is not advisable, it is preferable to have a higher hem and that you are as stable as possible ..
Marcita, yes, on Friday touches, but it is the quarterly .... the annual I think it plays in May ... What did they do in the annual?It is that Jesus takes a different method to Javier Arroyo.
I'm going to study for a while.
Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/22/2011 11:33 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good,
Velia, because they did the analytics, which we will collect the results on 22 and looked at the areas where we inserted the catheter.Then he was valued since he has the pump, which has not moved between 7 and 7'5.Then the ophthalmologist's review gave me the steering wheel to look at her here.And that's, nothing more, I don't know if I had to do something more or not.
We are still improving here, although we still have the Moquitos, but the night is better.
Kisses and good day.

DiabetesForo
02/23/2011 4:32 a.m.

Hello!

Marcita, how well noe is already recovering ... I'm very happy!

Here we more or less the same ... Talk to the educator and explain that I did not understand these information differences that I am receiving and that I was a little tired of feeling that my son was a "guinea pig", I suppose it is a feelingthat you will have ever had ...
He told me that on March 8 we go to look for a bomb to take her home and look at her and touch her and do some programming ... well what would be the "first contact" and that the meter would put on a girl and that I sawThe meter and value ... whether to put it on or not.
At the moment I do not want to put it on, the truth is that I do not see it essential as a measure before putting the bomb and I will not make it pass by things that are not really necessary ... I do not know if it will be responsible or not this decision but theyNor do they give me security.
So in theory I had to go this Friday to put the meter (I wanted to change the educator on March 22 (a month later!) Because they only have one meter and they have to rotate it to different children andHe told me that the endocrine saw more need and urgency in another children rather than Nando ... (no comments).
I always returned to mix the Rapida with the NPH at 19.30 (before dinner) because delaying it two hours later I left me two hours without any insulin (neither fast nor slow) and I was put in 300 ...Well a royo ...
I have been getting perfectly perfect but it costs me not to sleep ... because it remains very fair and gives me a little panic but I give it milk (even if they are 20 ml miserable) because it gets very high!Incredible .... so I keep it at 90 from 4 ... and I don't sleep anything "crowd" ...
Everything is for a good number ... at least until we have the pump ...

A kiss to to@as!

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/23/2011 7:15 a.m.

Velia, you tell us how about Friday at the revision!

By the way, would he have to take Nando to the ophthalmologo?The endocrine has never told us about this ...

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/23/2011 7:17 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.