{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Good morning,

PuffFffffffffffff Vero…. You read and I revolve my guts remembering that “30” that I also lived less than 10 days ago with Nando…. If I want to diet, I just think about it because my stomach closes… lessBad of your intuition and your rapid acting ... I think the same as Velia ... the endocrine should be tattooed on the forehead the phrase of "Diabetes is not mathematics" ... how many times this phrase opens ... I send you a strong kiss.

As news ... tell you that I am still terrified in the early morning because Nando's glycemia does what you want ... change to the bed of place !!!!For not knowing what to do… if I give him a lotThe high night does not stop moving and is very restless ... my poor thing.
The other day we went to the pump meeting ... Roche's combo ... okThe famous ratio ...).Then let's see…
With the theme of their "bug" we remain more or less the same ... more than 15 days with lactose -free diet, stool crops, complete blood analysis ... reducing bodies in feces ..., control of perfect celiacy (not pollution), nothing of nothing ofYogurts or sweetened things ... Review of your pediatrician with the belly palpation and everything ... all a mystery !!!I begin to want to forget about the subject ... but it is still very disturbing me to think that there is something that is bothering its intestines ... I will keep thinking ....

Lately I also have a hard time having it controlled… I feel more fish now than two months ago ...

Another thing wanted to tell you ..

Tomorrow afternoon I will take Nando to the cinema for the first time ... to see the new Disney movie and it's like happy ... in the event that I would like to give some popcorn ... do you think it is possible ???I mean… .. Palomites are slow absorption no?Or do I upload the slow half -day?Palomitas rise a lot?

And theme bread…. The bread how much 20Grams = 1 ration… but it will depend on the hydrates it has no?Of course, in my case, being gluten -free bread, according to what bread packages it puts some hydrates or others ... I don't know if this has happened to you but sometimes the more turns you give something less the operations or logic ... to see ... to see ...If for every 100 grams the nando bread has 51 of hydrates, for 20 grams of bread is 10.2 (with the rule of 3) ... but then ... I am giving him half a ration or one ???You are normal bread always cut 20 grams and tell a ration and ready?Can anyone help me with this?Because I am making a mess ...

I do not remember well who asked myself about how many units I put as quickI move between 1.5 unit (if it dawns as it touches (rarely)) and 3.5 (if it dawns very high) .. the 3 rapids of the day always mixed with 2 NPH each time ...

Thank you :)
Kisses

Sea.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/10/2011 6:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

By the way, thank you very much for your dares and advice.I would like to write more but time eats me ...

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/10/2011 6:31 a.m.

Good morning, how do you have the week?

I wanted to make some questions, first of all those who have children who already do the controls alone, I suppose that from 8, as you do at school hours, do they do control and decide to eat in mid -morning??, Do you give a guideline ??, in stable periods do you continue to control the school??, Diego when he has taken insulin, a control has been done in recess, in the director's office because he gives him a cut in class and then I llamba to tell him to eat (it was at the beginning of the debut), and of course that meansLose enough time for your long -awaited recreation ...

And another little thing, for which you have more years of experiences, as you have affected your children, or some older if you read this message, the issue of visits to the attraction parks ??, we go in June to Disney and somedays to Paris and I walk around what alterations will have at their glucose levels.Oh! If I could relax a little ... this head is going to kill me, it doesn't let me rest ...

Kisses for all.(And thanks as always)

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
02/10/2011 6:33 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Mar Uchi, Palomites have a high glycemic index, 85 and have 44 carbohydrates per 100 grms ... what happens is that they weigh very little ... make a package at home and calculate more or less those that areGo to eat and depend on the rations that come out put the corresponding insulin.
With respect to the bread, you have to look at the HC, s that contains what you give, in fact 1 RAC.Bimbo bread are 25gr and white plan, they are 20. In this case, it seems that gluten is the same as normal, right?Yes 20 GRMS.They are 10.2 you are giving him a ration, because 1 RAC.of hydrates are 10 grams.
Regarding the nights, you have proven if what you say that it goes up a lot at times and sometimes not if it has to do with what has dinner?You can hargy hours later ... I would advise you, especially for your tranquility to the pump, to give it to dinner the same hydrates, if you take, hard, every day the same, or rice, or whatever, whatever,Until you have it well controlled, and then you change ... it is the only way not to end up half -cifled when they are so variable.It worked like this, because Angela TB.It was veryiinemable, and always gave roast potatoes, bread and yogurt, and free things with little fat ...
By the way, eHorabuena for the bomb will be a great change.
Anaa, Angela is measured alone in the school for a long time, is measured in class, I have ever seen it and the truth is that others do not even know, they also know her and already attracts our attention ...When I was in Primary, she gave her and the teacher with the guideline (in the meantime and so much, eating as much or putting x insulin units), and if I was well above or below and they will notify me by Tfno.And so it has worked very well ... this course is measured 2 times in class at 10 (just the post) and at the time of recess, she already knows what she has to take depending on how she is, although at recess ICall to give me the part: Oops:, although as it already controls perfectly, I think that in one or 2 weeks I will save the call ....
The attraction park, we have ever gone, imagine the trajín ... with bomb is easy, baseline lower 30% and the somewhat minor bolus too ... Yes, the exercise affects them a lot, and depending on their intensity, sometimes, many hours later.
Yesterday, Angela had another excurion, an abandoned people in recovery went to Granadilla.They were there from 8 am at 7 in the afternoon, I was surprised how well the glycemia controlled, I said, have I been fine, huh? ...
Paris, they already made Angela the echo of the thyroid, completely normal.The radiologist commented that sometimes the analytics gave altered but that the functional tests did well ... do you know something else.
Kisses to all and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/11/2011 5:30 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Good morning!

Velia thanks for your answer !!!Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean when you say that popcorn has a glycemic index of 85?I understand that glycemia rises a lot, but ... 85?that number where and what does it mean?... Every day I have something to learn ... and that better than you to teach me!So ... if they have 44 of hydrates per 100 and I would like to give about 20 grams (for saying something), it would be 8.8 of hydrates (with the rule of three), then it would be more or less a ration of hydrates the 20 grams no?, could it be replaced by those 20 grams of bread that I give it at the time of the snack?correct me if I'm "delirando" hahahaha
You have explained it perfectly ... I go with the idea in the head that 20 grams of bread are 1 ration and they do not take me out ... And of course, as your good will depend on the bread and if 20grams has 10 of hydrates, then if it will be a ration ... God finds it hard for me to memorize this so simple, hahaha ... I already get the numbers for the ears ...

At night I always give meats, fish or eggs with rice or potato, bread and vegetables ... I also usually give it first soup (then I do not give rice or potato) ... but if ... it would be a good idea to try withA slightly more repetitive menu to see the changes ... The bad thing is that two nights of the week sleep with his father and eat very different things than in my house ... Come on they experience more and so it is very difficult to value.

By the way, being so young Angela already do thyroid tests?Did you take the oculista very small for reviews?

Thanks and kisses.

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/11/2011 6:16 a.m.

I still turn around the high glycemic index of 85 ...:-/: shock: hehehehe ... it won't it go up 85 to what you have ??Forgive me if I say some barbarityddddddddddddddd !!!

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/11/2011 6:18 a.m.

Hello, the glycemic index is the rapid one that the sugar rises (how quickly it is absorbed) it is not the same to give it an apple ration than a ration of honey, although the two have the same HC the honey rises much faster.
The fruits has approximately 40 of IG, honey 87, peanuts 13 ... I don't know if something clarified ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/11/2011 6:56 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

By the way, I have now had the results of Nando's general analytics that it seems that everything is in order ... just making a consultation: glyd hemoglobin is the same as hemo this quarterly that they do to nando with the puncture in theFinger that takes you average of those three months?That was done two months ago and gave 8 (they told me it was normal for it to be so high because of the debut ...).The gyzed hemo has come out at 6.9, is that good?If it is the same as the other I suppose yes ...

Thank you…

Thanks Tica for your clarification !!a kiss

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/11/2011 7:24 a.m.

Hello, good morning, Velia thanks for the information, the last two weeks of school that Diego wore insulin also gave the guideline and he liked it more than walking on, we will see when we return as we do, what if the endo told usIt is that when we achieve stable periods it would be the first control we take ...

The attraction park I hope I go well, because they excite him, those of Spain have visited them all (the greats) and he is looking forward to going to Orlando, of course he remains ... He is very affecting him a lot, ofMade the next weekend we are going to ski and I am worried (as always), I already tell you how the experience, I do not know very well where to carry the glucometer because it is supposed to measure well with low temperatures, I imagine that in some pocketInterior, ay!

I love Granadilla, we have been several times, my husband's family is plasence and from there we have approached.

Maruchi, have a very good time in the cinema, and with respect to the popcorn Sika Velia's advice that you sure, I gave him these Christmas on a visit the Palomitas cinema and did not go up just ... to see if there is luck.

kisses and good weekend

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
02/11/2011 7:27 a.m.

Well then the popcorn rises quickly !!!!: Shock :: Shock :: Shock: ... In that case I should put a quick half if I want to eat popcorn ... mmm ... I'm going to think how I do ... Quizas coincides with the time of the snackAnd for a day I can replace that fruit and bread with some popcorn?he he.. :-/

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/11/2011 7:33 a.m.

Maruchi, read this link on carbohydrates and glycemic index, to see if it clarifies something ... I'm going to make some popcorn and tell you how many are 1 ration.I believe that you can replace part of the snack, observe and thus containe for the next time.
That hemo who has given you is very good, especially if there are no hypos plows.Congratulations!!!
120 Palomites are 1 ration: D ... pr Behind, thanks to my Maradin who has made the count;)

Anaaa, I do not agree with what your endocrine says, and my endocrine either.It is clear that to be well controlled, the more you measure you the better.In class there are different rhythms, e, f., Recreo ... they are users without knowing and if you add the stress of the mates, or an exam .... I do not know, I do not trust ... but ifYour endo says that and you trust ... you tell us how skiing.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/11/2011 10:03 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello again, Maruchi congratulations on that hemo, I think it's very good, and more being so small.

Velia, surely you are right, in the background I do not know if one day I would endure some control and I do not know if I would dare to spend so much time without knowing how the glycemias wears, in short, it will have to be by force of punctures inThe fingers.

Diego has stayed this afternoon with friends and he is getting eternal, I was already having bad before diabetes, so now worse, less bad that his father has already gone for him, Jo!that quickly grows.

Kisses

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
02/11/2011 2:03 p.m.

Velia ... one billion times thanks, I can't believe that you have put you to tell popcorn to find out the ration ... how good Velia ... :) :) :) :)

How lucky there are people like you.What a joy ...
Well the experience has been the following .... I have taken it to the excited cinema with a bag of popcorn that had done with 10 grams of popcorn ... they should be about 40 ... more or less ... take him too3 chuches without sugar (from those of Mercadiabet).I told Nando in the car that if there was a tall pel I had to put a little "inzulina" (as the, hehehe) to be able to eat the popControl, I was in 92 and I thought I could give this without problems because the NPH did the peak at 6pm and it was 17h at this time ... I did not insulin and wait to see how it ... but it came outRana the play..grrrr ... at 18.30 (at the end of the movie) I was at 232 ... well I can at least say that I have learned ... that they get on all chestnut and a lot and that with the bomb I surelyI will put an extra bolus in situations like these and until then ... half quick ...
But now we know in this forum thanks to Velia and her husband's patient that 1 Palomites = 120 popcorn !!: D: D: D.
It would be a lot of 40 popcorn, right ???also scheme in the cinema was so quiet ...

By the way mamis ... the new Disney movie "tangled" very good !!Nando has enjoyed a lot and me too!to see him so happy especially ...

Hemo well is so good !!?Oh!!I'm glad then !!!But yes .... Much of that must be for the hypos .... that almost every day we eat any ... but hey ...

Thank you :)

Muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/11/2011 4:31 p.m.

Very good,
It hasn't happened here for centuries, I have not had many spirits, you have written a lot and it has cost me to catch up ...
Maruchi What a piece of hemo !!Of course, if it were without hypos it would be perfect.I am glad that the analyzes are normal, to see if they end up with the bushties ... As for the cinema, I at the beginning, when we did not have a bomb, I gave it a small bag of worms, which are half a ration and did not putNothing because he covered the Levemir ... now I take a bag of those with butter that he likes very much and how he has nutritional information, because I put what corresponds and that's it.Ah!I agree, tangled is beautiful, Noe wants us to go tomorrow again, hahahaha, he liked it very much.
Velia and Juan Luis, are unique.What would it be without you ...:-/
Well, I don't know what else I have read, just send you all and all the little ones.
Have a good weekend.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/12/2011 4:20 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Hahahaha ... the truth is that it didn't cost us any effort.
You will have to try again, 40 popcorn, 3 chuches (ah, the chuches tb. They have some HC, s) ... to see how it affects it ...
Anaaa, the punctures on my fingers for me was a cross at the beginning, it hurt to my soul every time I did controls ... Now, no longer and affects Tano :( and I know that because of its good control it is necessary... I seem to bother her a lot, less badly ... anyway, it is also how it comes up ... I prefer to take some control when she is with me, but in the school, or when they leave I do not like much... Ayssss and how I understand you with the exit .... The other day I broke down because I put a basal to go to the movies (a few or higher) and then it turned out that there was no movie and went to aPedestrian street to see stores ... I called her to the mobile about 20 times to change the basal, but I did not hear it, and I all hysterical..ufff, what I have to learn ...: Oops: ...
Marcita, pretty, do not abandon us so much ... that you also give us a lot.I know that the circumstances have not been the best, but hey, you have to be optimistic ... I'm glad everything goes.
Kisses and good day to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/13/2011 7:02 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

What is the reason why you should exercise when you are more than 250?Or is it more than 200?
Someone can explain this to me a little…. Thank you….

Kisses.

Thanks Velia :)

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/14/2011 8:58 a.m.

Very good,
The rain returns to us and with it the snacks ...:-/, anyway we do not complain, that we do not get the winter badly.What "mosques" is that it has a few days that, occasionally and without apparent reason, it has a 200 and a lot of 300, without ketone bodies and correct immediately.Anyway, diabetes things, I say.
Thanks Velia, for the spirits, yes, everything goes pa'lante.
Maruchi, if exercised with 250 or more, there is a risk of creating ketone bodies, because when insulin is missing (hence the high level), when cells are exercised, fats are taken from fat and the ketone bodies occur.
For the rest without novelty, already thinking about disguising ourselves as a princess (what changes the thing, last year of pirate and east of princess, how it shows that we are getting older ...).
You have happy Valentine's Day.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
02/14/2011 10:07 a.m.

Thanks Mar quotes ....
And I was going to run like crazy ..........:-/:-/:-/:-/
I will look for the sachets of worms that you tell me ...

I will have a list of questions about the bomb ... I hope you are prepared ... hehehe ...:-/
The ketonic bodies do you look at it with those urine strips that they sell in pharmacies?Are they effective?

kisses

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/14/2011 10:31 a.m.

Maruchi, at first I measured the ketone with urine strips, but it is that the ketones go to the urine hours after being in blood, so I always measure it in Sagre, with the same drop of controlling it,I lame to measure the ketone, with another device and other strips, of course, that I had to buy them before, but since we have the bomb we are given in the hospital.
You ask what you need, that if not another, we will answer, and if not, you already know the phone.
A kiss.

DiabetesForo
02/14/2011 3:51 p.m.

Marcita, I will ask the endocrine or the educator if they can also give me a little machine to measure the ketonic bodies, they never told me that I should look at them ... and see that it is ningeor no ....

I will prepare the list ...;)

Tonight is nourishing ... I am raising the click a half unity of rapidThe 11pm and I will take a decision ... look that I scare to make him fast (even minimal) at night ...

I already tell you ...

A kiss, good night ...

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/14/2011 4:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.