{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Good morning!!!
It is very important to measure the ketone bodies especially when they are sick and have maintained hyperglycemia ... it is supposed to be more control with insulin pump since lacking insulin activates any setback (bubbles, obstruction, oblivion of Bolus, etc.) canCause a higher consequence (it is one of the inconveniences of the pumps in the face of injection, but that is frequently measuring (6-7 daily controls)).As Marcita says, the acetone in urine indicates acetone that has had hours before, so it really does not use much ... the meter that measures in blood is the opium xceed, and uses different strips to measure the blood glucose than to measureThe C.Contantic.
If at some point you find that you have high blood cBut do not hurry that it is very easy to solve ...

Marcita, as our endo would say, if if occasionally they did not have any climb or any declines, it would not be diabetic: D ... It is a time of changes ... From here to adolescence you will see that there are so manyThose who will suffer ...

MORNITA, how are you?I have thought that you could have already given birth ... I don't know when you fit .... I want everything to go well.

To all kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/15/2011 4:44 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Good and rainy days here, what's small since yesterday afternoon, has not stopped raining and also strongly.
We have had a little toledana tonight ... Noe started with cough and sore throat, although I didn't see plaques or have a fever but at about half past twelve thirteen exaggerated phlegm, short blood glucose, stop pump and then alreadyThe rest of the night has not had a bad time.
I have taken her to school and have lacked 13 children and the teacher, so we will catch something.To top it off, yesterday when it started badly, I asked for an appointment for the doctor and they don't give me until Thursday !!, however, what life is.
It's true, Velia, that's what our endo says :)) :))
Well, I leave you, to see what I want to do with this bad time.Kisses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/15/2011 5:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good and rainy days, that such x here I have not written but I read every day, the truth is that I sometimes get a lazy to write but I think it is the best to cope with these scares that are occasionally.Adrián TB is with coughs and mucus, it is what touches, they also have conjunctivitis in both eyes the poor but nothing that influences blood glucose, I suppose that today does not touch a patio will be a little high.I tell you what happened to us, the truth is that with diabetes there is no day that I am not surprised, I got up with 156 and we follow the guideline of every day 8 NPH and a half quickly had breakfast his two portions and gave himSyrup (Junifen), because we went shopping and at 10:40 he says that his head hurt (Normally hypo) we do the test 354 we are hallucinated, we get out and we do not usually wear insulin we decided to waitwell, well 50 minutes later the head hurts again and we found a 50It was good all day.How could 300 lower him in less than an hour?Inexplicable, we thought it had to be breakfast and sit in the car and until I did not put the body in motion in motion, but of course that barbarity is others, of course if it catches me in my house I would have put 0.5 of Actrapic, q x x x x xTrue Maruchi us at the PQ if we are not up to it, we put only half a unit and with that it goes well for what is necessary for we have ever tried one and we have had hiccups, both x night and x the day.But well removing this setback we are not going badly we are learning to play with meals and insulin and the PQ is eating its sweet things and there is the sea of ​​happy.Manñ we have fulfill and what he plays and runs will eat his piece of cake that surely does not climb the races that are given.All the best

mariape's profile photo
mariape
02/15/2011 5:49 a.m.

Hello to all !!!!Over here, the little TB with a lot of dots but without a fever, well, I have had a few days like that but I have already traced.

Forgive for being so long without writing but ... that I can tell you vagueza, inappropriate, but I will do my duties and I will update.

Maruchi when they put the bomb to Nando ????Have you already given the courses?That guay how much I am glad, you will see the change that you will notice, it will cost a bit to put basal ... but from the first day you will notice the change (from 5 or 6 punctures a day in my case) to 1 every 2 or 3 days (changeof catheter).Your question everything you want that there are many people knew on the subject.

Mariape ​​only occurs to me to think that this abrupt decrease is because he had stained fingers of something that would have touched so that the first glycemia would not be real.I had a long time ago that I controlled him at the time of the nap and gave me a very high figure, as we had changed the catheter before eating and with good glycemia that figure unraveled me, so I repeated it andHe gave one hundred and peak.In my case I came to the conclusion that it was because the strip did not fill all blood. What a velia will come up with something else.

Well I have a little bit to tell, I hope the little ones that are malitos get very good.A little kiss for all

DiabetesForo
02/15/2011 7:04 a.m.

Here is also a horrible time ...

I feel a little heavy asking so much but the issue of hydrates costs me ...
Velia how did you know that 120 popcorn was 1 ration?(Good time I ask?I mean that those 120 popcorn were 10 grams ???: S: S: s

We are for another ... for example some patatillas that I have here the bag ....19 of hydrates) I will be giving you a ration more or less? ...

And if the bread that eats has (apart from a thousand things that throw it to be edible to be gluten without hydrates) of hydrates per 100 ... for every 20 grams will be 10 grams of hydrates (I bone a ration) ...

And a peeled apple of 70 grams is a ration because that apple has 10 grams of hydrates right?

Is it all as I say?If so, I think I understand this ... it was time!

AIS… I feel !!!

These last days Nando arrives very low when eating ... and in the school it is difficult for him to snort what touches him to put more food ... do you think it is convenient to reduce the NPH in the morning of 2 units to pass it to one and a half?I have counted the hours and just makes the peak at the time of the food so according to my calculations I should suffice to take away half ... and I don't have to swell him to eat more….

Mariape ​​... Nando is also able to go down 300 in an hour ... and what fear gives that ... I am more afraid now than when I debut ... because seeing these things gives me a lot of insecurity ... Luckily children react when they are so low ...Some complain of headache (like Adrian) and nando directly says that it is low… when he tells me that this bad is ……

Lena, for the moment this Thursday we have another meeting with the endocrine ...Medtronic (pediatric) is smaller as Mornita has told me ... I don't know ... which will give fewer problems?(Of those few who can ever give ...) hehehe ...
I already tell you Thursday ...

Thanks and thanks ...

Kisses for all these cold children !!

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/15/2011 7:49 a.m.

I feel not to answer everything but there is an issue that has seemed "urgent" to comment: sometimes I have the feeling that in the face of inexplicable things you seek explanation.That glycemia lowers 300 in one hour is rare, but I have suffered more than twenty times ... I think we are still breaking our heads looking for something rational that causes these things, but we forget notThere are.As I always say (or as my endo told me, rather) in diabetes 2+2 are never 4 ...

Generally glycemia, if falsify, are down.I explain myself: removing that indeed, I had sugar in my fingers (which has also happened to me), from my experience it is impossible for a higher result to be falsified in case the strip did not have enough blood.Nowadays the meters warn anything, but although it was a slightly older model, I used the trick of not filling it enough to falsify my values ​​(that and that of saliva ... do not fail)

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
02/15/2011 11:31 a.m.

I return again today, Maruchi we tb we use NPH we put it around 8 and it makes the beak from half past 12 I do not know if the one to take away would take the peak to you pq I think that the peaks are the same I tell youPq x the night to us makes us the beak over two hours and if we have taken any unit the peak has been the same, anyway you have to study the PQ and apply it, for those hours that it is when it is in the school it isWhen I do the control and take advantage to eat something sweet according to how it is clear, because this morning when I did not go out to the patio, but I have yet given him a petit-suisse because I let him go down and neither did I take a risk because he staysIn the school.What had something sweet in my fingers I did not believe because it was early and had not taken anything sweet or touched, if it became at another time or that I would not have seen it sure that it is the first thing that I would have thought, but well this is so it is like thatAnd it is what the NPH has some tremendous peaks so it is to play and less badly that we control the situations.What terrifies me many times is to think that I will not control a situation of those and then if we lite it but well we will have to live with that fear a few days better than others.A kiss for all those PQS

mariape's profile photo
mariape
02/15/2011 3:02 p.m.

Good morning, let's see if I remember everything: P

Marcita, how is Noe's follow?Let's see if it doesn't go to more and the rain cleans the atmosphere.

Lena, you missed you ..: Much encouragement !!!I believe that we all have periods like this, at least I do, sometimes I feel more than other writing, sometimes I feel apathetic or grief ... well, our day is not easy even if we take it that dignity, eh?And it is logical that there are moments of downturn .... courage ... ahhhh by the way, how about the little one?

Mariape, because what would I tell you .... In addition to this as Montrial 2+2 says it may not be 4, every time a control comes out of your eye, either overlooked or low, try to make a second determination... I am terrified by the idea of ​​putting quickly and that the control has been failed, Montrial, there are false highs ... I already explained what happened to us in the contour link thread, the meter that has been given toAngela now, and for 2 times in a row he gave me controls of almost four hundred, two hundred and scientific sale, with the same drop .... without apparently having stained fingers and with the right blood taking .... we know that when the glycemiahThey are out of the normal range the meter error is greater, and perhaps some are more sensitive than others ... I do not know .... Of course, whenever I do not expect, or a stop, I repeat blood glucose and actConsequently ... On the other hand, being the post of breakfast, I also do not rule out that the effect of insulin (AGGGG) had been delayed, and that then has done so, at the same time and abruptly.Nor would it be the first time that happens, especially with certain insulins ... and I say breakfast, because it seems that it is when more resistance is exercised to insulin, if the kid was inactive and others, it could be ...And of course the issue that the fingers or the strip were contaminated, either is it ruled out ..
The reading that you have to do of all this is that fortunately we are so pending that most of the time the consequences are that, a substitute.

Maruchi, Las Palomitas: 100 grams of popcorn 44 GRM.Of hydrates, I mean 10 grams of popcorn would be 4.4 grmas.of hydrates, that is 1/2 ration.1 ration, therefore, it would be 22 grams of popcorn or ENOS (10 gr. HC, s) ... do you understand? ... come that you are doing very well;)

Lucinere, you haven't spent a long time, how's the little one?

Well girls, I'm going to finish reading the forum and I start studying ...

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/16/2011 3:16 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, if I understand ... Then the other bread and patatillas calculations did well?
Thanks for always answering: D: D: D you are of great help!

a kiss

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/16/2011 3:27 a.m.

Maruchi, yes, the other perfect ...
You know, I was very lucky when Angela debuted, the diabetological team that touched us was and is, of the good, the best, they taught us a lot, and well, and as we have all gone through the same thing, because what better to throwA hand to the extent of our possibilities, right?
Ahhh, by the way, with the bomb, I think we have almost all of Medtronic, Mani before the meter had the one of Animas and was delighted, especially with the insertion of the catheters ... I do not know what to say, toMy Medtronic gives me a lot of confidence because they have always solved all the post -sales issues that we have been able to, let yourself be guided by them that they will surely have more experience ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/16/2011 3:41 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, because here there is only one woman who educates and always with haste .... I have learned much more with you than with them ...
On Thursday I pass here and I tell you that they have told me at the hospital (we have another visitor) ...

By the way ... after several months with those rare "bonnets" of nando, tests, crops analysis etc .... they seem to be referring to have removed the cookies that they ate for breakfast ... some gluten without ...I can't sing visoring yet because I give myself a period of 1 week ... but it seems that it is better and that encourages me a lot ... Maybe some of the ingredients did not come very well .... namely ...

Well, I send you a kiss.
And thanks ...

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/16/2011 3:59 a.m.

Hello everyone!I just wanted to tell you that I am reading you, we are still here even if I do not write (what face does not?) But I am exhausted !!: Shock :: Shock:
Maruchi, I also here that I have learned almost everything I know.Here and doing homework.
On insulins, doses, slow, fast I have nothing to contribute.Before having the bomb we were only 4 months with Humalog and Levemir and in addition to seeking me now a bad dream, I no longer remember anything.
I continue to light with you and the link that you sent Velia about very nice HC.
David is fine.I think growing because a few hippers at night a few days yes and others not.
We have eager for dinner for dinner (almost duplicate) and I think that for that reason the basal of the night will not have to be found, right?
Another doubt.When you do biscuits or desserts at home, to calculate rations like the amount of zucar you put.Nowhere does it put you how to count.Will it be a ration of sugar?
Kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
02/16/2011 5:54 a.m.

Santesteban, I leave you this link, it is a nutritional calculator, when you do the dessert, you are weighing each of the ingredients, then you go to the page and introduce them one by one with its corresponding weight, you give it to calculate and ready come outCarbohydrates and others.

Yes, my baby has already been born, a week ago, everything great, is so adorable!All babies are to eat them, for now eat and sleep so fantastic.
My child's glycemia are still as usual, sometimes and sometimes regular haha!It also grows a lot, it is very high and that seeks us a few at about 2 in the morning of championship.And of course the basal ones, the HC ratios, in short that I take it a little to "eyelet", that I love statistics and graphs, to see if I put and introduce all the data in the pump for the pumpredirect the situation.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/16/2011 6:45 a.m.

Very good,
Well, nothing, noe has also fallen Malita, cough, fever and a rumor that barely hears it, yesterday in the Emergencies they sent antiviotics but until tomorrow the pediatrician does not see her and today they have gone 10 children to her class, what a plague!Anyway, not even raining this is improved ...
Mornita, congratulations for your baby, I'm very happy that everything went well and is so good.
Santesteban, I'm glad to see you, yes I hadn't passed here for a long time.
Maruchi, I'm glad that the theme of the chaquitas is referring ...
Well, I'm going to see how the little one follows ...
Kisses and good day.

DiabetesForo
02/16/2011 9:55 a.m.

Hello chic@s, I have very good news, someone from this forum has achieved an appointment with the best endocrine in Alicante (Dr. Mingorance) and we were yesterday, I am very happy, he said he had to change everything, and for the moment it was insult,Now Levemir
Velia, I remember that you recommended it because I would give me more peace of mind and for the moment we are waiting for them to say that they have to spend a few days before seeing the results but gave me choose between Lantus and Levemir and I remembered you and your recommendationthank you.
It is true that diabetes is a very ungrateful disease but with people like you everything becomes much easier
Let's see what awaits us in this new stage.
I will tell you more things, I hope you are there to read them I am very grateful to everyone, especially with whom I got that appointment I hope we know each other soon to be able to give you a strong hug, thank you

veroyjoaqui's profile photo
veroyjoaqui
02/16/2011 11:16 a.m.

Great news, Vero.

I don't know why it gives me that I imagine who got that appointment, but that's the thing.The important thing is that you get the best possible treatment.

Health

DiabetesForo
02/16/2011 4:25 p.m.

Good morning!!!
What good news, we have a new baby (congratulations, Mornita: d), Nando's chaquitas are improving and Vroyjoaqui have new endo and new insulins ... well.
Santesteban, the same as Marcita, times of many changes await you, I had to increase insulin every 10-15 days, so until prepuberty ... now is when it is more stable, the changes are not so continuous ..The important thing is that it is fine.
I will try the calculator.
And we have endo next week and to vary the glycemia of Ángela have begun to climb:-/ ... This is really not who understands it.

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/17/2011 5:26 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Congratulations Mornita !!!!!!You enjoy it a lot.
Thanks for the calculator.I already have it in favorites.I will use it for now with the cake and with the croquettes to see what happens.
I'm going to work.
Health Velia.I almost got into imagining both of you telling popcorn.Look that you are authentic.You help us a lot
Kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
02/17/2011 6:05 a.m.

Chicas you have to follow this news closely, I hope and wish they win it, I hope you feel jurisprudence.

Link

Link ... -de-madrid <!

From here I want to thank heart as well as, although I am only a little point if you need my support here I am, count on him.You fight better together than alone.

Thank you for being the voice of our children and also thanks to those parents who have joined strongly in defense of rights, not only of your children, but of those of all children affected by a chronic disease.

Mornita congratulations, I'm glad that everything has come out and that you already have your baby in your arms.

DiabetesForo
02/18/2011 3:47 a.m.

We will follow the development of events, hopefully the outcome is expected ... A hug and encouragement to all those who are fighting because it is possible.
I am not from Apéadrid, nor from Madrid, but if I can help something at something, I am at your disposal.

Kisses to all and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/18/2011 4:27 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.