{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Maruchi, I only send you a kiss (because experience with the kids I have none ... and I debuted more more) and many spirits.

Mariape, you're welcome.That's what we are.I am fascinated to see the other face of the currency through your experience, I have spoken with my parents more of my diabetes these months than in the rest of my life.And there is every thing that one knows ... :))

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
02/01/2011 12:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Maruchi.

I have lived a few episodes of Celia dos with loss of knowledge and seizures.It has touched us pull glucagon.You have to try to keep calm, because it is fundamental in those cases.I, if you are not unconscious, give you sugary liquids with straw.I don't have to wake her up or move her, and she usually takes it very well.

Apart from what they have told you, it may happen that three hundred and peak were "false."I explain myself: it is possible that Nando had a sweet rest in the fingers, for having touched anything with sugar, and has given you that measure without being real.That is why he may have dropped so much.

Anyway, do what Regina tells you and, above all, calm, calmly.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/01/2011 1:05 p.m.

Sea, the important thing is 3 things:
- Nando is lucky to have you ... You take care of you very well and do everything impossible to get it well.Other children in similar circumstances do not have that luck.
- You have solved the situation.The next time I pass, I know positive because you will know that you can solve the problem.
- You have learned.Very important in diabetes.How better you learn is with situations like the lived ... You already have an antecedent of how it reacts and what is doing well.

VROYJOAQUI ... if I found myself in your situation I would not stop until they derived Dr. Andres Mingorance of the General Hospital Alicante:
A link:
To change the endo you have to go to the SAIP and request it ... in your case, I would go head for the bomb and that is only put in Alicante and for that doctor.
The option would be to put the bomb in Alicante but soon after putting the bomb that would continue to visit his current endo ...

DiabetesForo
02/01/2011 1:24 p.m.

Thank you very much to all for your words of support and encouragement ... really ...

Regina, once I also put half fast in the middle of the night because she was upperLittle of milk ... In the end what I got is that it woke up high if or yes and with an extra puncture ... what aruption it takes me ... in this situation if I learned that I had to do another control a pelin later forSee if I kept going down or kept ... in the case of going down to have given less milk ... but of course this is the best option after having happened what I have lived ... the mind is treacherous many times and to meI don't stop coming to my mind the image and the moment of last night ...
Tonight the child sleeps with his father (you know we are separated ...).Luckily he goes to sleep with why I am exhausted only the day I have passed ... also having moved the insulin tonight (the breakfast), everything was completely unjust and I have had nando all day to more than200 ... after eating at 380 ... not even when I debut to these numbers ... I did control of ketosis, which gave negative, but the poor has been super nervous and aggressive all day ... I needStart a little from scratch with my head, it is supersaturated ... all the decisions make them alone at the time and sometimes this overloads a lot ... that it depends on you ...

What madness Mariape! Experiences for it to be sleeping ... and so much that if ... I thought that if Nando came to these limits I was going to let me know .... crying even! ...

Thanks for the Montrial kiss :)

Alea ... how good what you say that I had a bit of sugar in the fingers or something ... that had not occurred to me ... but the sugar does not see it ... but maybe something sweetened would it be still the same?or to touch a piece of fruit? The next time I wash it even if it is a finger (while sleeping ...). I suppose that over time I will keep more calm in these situations ... right?Now I suppose it is like everything ... not knowing ... uncertainty creates you a lot of insecurity ... and of course if something characterizes diabetes is uncertainty ... thanks ...

Owash ... I have excited me a lot when reading you, today I am very sensitive and your words came to me. Thank me.

A question ... if I wanted to put the bomb to Nando and I did not want to put it here in Mallorca (because the educator already told me that they have little experience and I suffer this to me to distrust it ...) where you recommend mewhat goes?Are you happy with the endocrine of your children?do you trust them?They have patience ...?

I also called the educator to be on Friday that a girl will come to talk about the bomb to the hospital ... one of the distributors ... I asked what the bomb they put and said (itHe answered very safely ...) that Roche's combo bomb ... He didn't tell me more ... I know more or less what are there or what are more used ... this one that told me is theof accechek?Do you know what is with this information?

Thanks once again.

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/01/2011 3:12 p.m.

Oh! Mar, scare!You have made it very pretty, you have reacted properly and you have traced Nando very well, but I understand the feeling of "post -traumatic stress" that you feel, they spend a few days until you take away your fright of the body.You know you can call me at any time, I really tell you.
Girl, now I'm going to join Alea, you can't continue like this, without sleep, that boy needs a bomb but already, so important is the diabetic quality of life as of the caregiver, if you can get tired and not wake upThe consequences will be suffered by the child.And please do not get anyone now with the bombs yes, the bombs do not, I do not want to go into controversies, I speak from the experience, mine, of other mothers and other children.You have to have a serious talk with the endocrine, ask it directly, both me, as the other mothers here we can help you with any questions you have.I know that we are not doctors, and that it is reckless for my part "usurp" the functions of a diabetological team but when you do not find support in official channels, we will have to look for alternative paths, the most important thing is the well -being of children and alsoHis parents who are the ones who watch over their safety.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/01/2011 3:30 p.m.

Hello everyone, thanks Owash your link has seemed very interesting, contact in private with mani05 and I commented on the existence of this endocrine
And I would love to contact him, it seems that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Today I had to call the hospital to tell the educator the values ​​with which he woke up after she herself uploaded the insulating to 5 und
Last week, today without going any further, he has awakened with 307, and he told me that he has a half more, we have been with this for almost 9 months. Is it normal for the endo to only have it
seen once? We have reviews, but always with the educator.
I am very sorry about those drops so fast especially at night when they give us the most, and it is curious I think the same !!! And if I do not wake up !!!But I think
who have a guard angel that helps us from time to time

veroyjoaqui's profile photo
veroyjoaqui
02/01/2011 3:32 p.m.

Oh!Sea that we have crossed.Let's see, I don't know how the action is, the remote control looks good, but I don't know that "benefits" adapted to children has.We have the paradigm I see from Medtronic, the other Mallorcans firefighters too, for me apart from the excellent treatment of Medtronic, they have come to send me a pump by plane and arrive at 9 at night, you know that here with the nonsenseFrom the insularity they hesitate a lot with the deadlines, there is the issue of the meter, there is always the possibility of incorporating the continuous meter, and only carries the pump that in turn acts as a meter receiver.I already tell you, I don't know how the action is, the previous version, if it was lower than the Medtronic, come on Bolus Wizard for example, but I think they have improved.Then you have to look at the size, in a child a little larger a little smaller one ago, we have the little girl, it is either that the difference is much, but it does notice.Come beautiful, who is already yours!

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/01/2011 3:44 p.m.

Much mood Maruchi, has already passed the scare and you have solved it very well.As Owash says, you will have learned from this experience and you will know how to react more calmly.
It also happened to me recently and I was also alone, that a bad time I spent and that fans to cry I then hit me, but then a satisfaction of having been able to solve it invades you.
Rest what you can tonight and take advantage of loose leg.
A little kiss

mani05's profile photo
mani05
02/01/2011 5:21 p.m.

Mar, with this I can help you.I have the ACCU-Chek Combo right now installed.The size can be true, but the remote control and the bolus recommender (which now takes it) is wonderful.Especially the recommender, which at least refines me very very well ... the technical service (at least according to my experience) is 10, in addition.Any questions ask!

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
02/01/2011 5:23 p.m.

Mar, I hope that at this time you are resting, that well deserved you have it ... as you see, the one that most and the least we have gone through experiences similar to yours, I identify a lot with you, my beginnings in this were veryHard, I was very afraid, I felt very alone.I had a lot of pressure, a too big responsibility and many decisions that unfortunately had to face alone.As you have told you, the important thing is that you have known how to face it greatly and that should be used to have confidence if it would arise again ... a kiss.
On the other hand, I think you should not consider leaving your land to look for a bomb ... in this case, it seems to me that any of the bombs that are marketed in Spain are safe and precise, if they offer you the stout, but great, but notYou leave the fight for her, which is clear that the little one cannot continue with that treatment ..., after all, doctors will only teach you to insert the catheter and put the initial guideline, everything else you will doHandling (to such an extent, that you surely give them lessons not tando much), and for what you need, we are here, that there is a good experience .... ahhh, and see how lucky, Montrial can give you a good hand.
VROYJOAQUI, courage in the fight !!!
Anaaa, how do we continue?In a post that I have read, a kid who had had 5 years of honeymoon ... I wish yours is so.
Mariape ​​and you how are you
Mani, I'm glad to read you ... You haven't told us how the kids go, ... I want everything right.
Well, I'm going to sleep that tomorrow more of the same.
Kisses and good night.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/01/2011 5:47 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Yesterday I forgot to tell you, for the newest above all: before a hypoglycemia if you are aware: to give fast absorption hydrates, preferably liquids (juice, sugary water), wait 10 minutes, repeat the blood glucose and if it is already traced, giveSlow absorption hydrates (cookies, bread, etc.) .... If you have not traced enough, repeat the operation.If the 2 things are given in a row it can happen that the slow HC interferes slows down the absorption of the rapid.

Good day!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/02/2011 5:07 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello dear, good morning, Monday again ....

Here we are still well, curing the fingers (without him noticing it) in each blood glucose, although so far he has recovered absolute normality, we do not know that the high value of last Monday was due but it seems that it was something isolated.We were in the endo and saw him very well, I am a little worried because he does not take weight since September, it is true that now he is his ideal weight, that he has left the buns, sweets ... and that he does more sport, but it isThat as I grow so much I think I should take weight and overwhelm me a little, in short ... in March the antibodies and the peccid c and the hem that already touches it will repeat.Did your children repeat the evidence of the debut at some point?

We were in the hospital in December (debut) and without spending the month from high, they already repeated the peptide and made a glycosilada.Now we return on March 1 ... And today we remain in telephone contact with the education team of the order of 2 or 3 times per week.

Maruchi, do you always put the fast one in one unit?

helora's profile photo
helora
02/02/2011 8:12 a.m.

How much you have written thus gives a pleasure because a lot;), because we are going that it is not little, I do not complain about these days that have been worse, but what is incredible is the factors that have to take into account to get it rightAnd weird is the day that does not escape any of those factors and it is already lid, but well as I have read there we are learning from these.At the moment the nights are going well, some stumble but I cannot complain because we sleep all night unless there is an exception, the PQ is usually awake if it is low or high and of course this gives a certain peace of mind.I do not know who has commented x there we parents are not doctors, because I do not know what to think there are parents who should put them in the questions better than the any experience, unless the endo has a diabetic child, qI guess there will be some case, because nothing that makes a sunny afternoon and we will enjoy this sun that a greeting would come to us;)

mariape's profile photo
mariape
02/02/2011 9:38 a.m.

Good afternoon to all.

Maruchi, I feel a lot what happened to you the other night, I hope you are calmer and more rested, a very strong kiss.

Alea is very happy with Celia's notes and glycemic stability, to see if there is luck and hard.

Velia, thank you for the desire of such a long honeymoon, it would really be fabulous, especially if I would like to relax from it, I cannot avoid a pain tremor in each blood glucose, thankfully they are 3-4 a day and not7 Like when I had insulin.

Kisses for all and above all for super-pees.

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
02/03/2011 1:25 p.m.

Good morning.
Ana, you must try to relax and gain strength, that this is sometimes very tired ...

I put a link that I have hung in the insulin pumps section, for which you use a bomb and do not go through other threads ... It is something that we have commented sometimes, and that I put into practice every day and especially with meals thatWe control less, exits to the Burguer, Vips, Pizzerías, etc .... Let's see if it serves you.

Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/04/2011 3:32 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello girls !!I have hung this already in the General Forum, but I will tell here to see if someone is encouraged to tell me their experience.
My girl is DBT and in the last annual review they have found the slightly high TSH and normal T4L.Apart from this, transaminases have come out high.We did the analytics 2 days after being with a flu (and the truth that the flu has been strong).My question is;Do you think that the values ​​altered by the flu have been able to leave?Has anyone had something similar ever?Thanks in advance for your interest.You are a wonderful group.

paris's profile photo
paris
02/06/2011 11:54 a.m.

I would not worry excessively for those TSH values ​​(at least for the moment) ... neither the drugs to treat a common flu nor the physical state of the flu "contaminate" the values ​​of the TSH.
If the free T4 is in normal values, it is normal that in the following analytics everything returns to normal .... It would also have to look at the results of the T3 so ...

As they have already said by other threads, hypothyroidism is closely related to diabetes (autoimmune diseases) so the relationship between both diseases is frequent.
It would be necessary to look at the presence of anti -globulin antibor in case of suspicion.

In any case, it is good to continue periodically controlling these values ​​... AFTER ANY DISPOSIZE IS DIAGNOSTIQUE HOST CONSEQUENCES HAS.

DiabetesForo
02/06/2011 12:50 p.m.

Hi Paris .... Welcome to the thread: D
I already answered you in the general thread.When do you repeat the analytics?You tell us how it comes out, hopefully as Alea says is some specific alteration.

To all, but what happens to you?Are you missing ... I'm going to have a missing, huh?:)) :))

Come girls, kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/07/2011 5:11 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello girls, it is sometimes difficult to find the time to write, I tell you the last experience, to see what you think
Yesterday after dinner Joaqui was in 85 (at 11) I gave him a glass of milk with a little cochy, in the next test (at 12)
105 I still thought you still have to climb a little more enough to spend a perfect night at 1 I decided to make sure that I had climbed a little more although I thought that I didn't miss any fault and I could leave it until 3 and with total tranquility I did anotherTry, and I was in 30, I could not believe it, it cost me a lot to wake itI find it, it carries the same amount of insulin as the rest of the nights, the equal dinner, even the glass of milk with colacao was extra.
I am not going crazy, you think.

veroyjoaqui's profile photo
veroyjoaqui
02/08/2011 2:04 p.m.

Good night!!!
Vero, that is why we always say that with diabetes 2 and 2 sometimes they are not 4 ... sometimes they are only x files, without solving ... other times you have to take into account the exercise doneDuring the day (the effect lasts sometimes many hours later), the best or worst abortion of insulin, the site where you put it (leg, gut, arm), which he ingested, if dinner had more or less fatOf the usual, or the HC, s were of more or less fast absorption, or the kid was nervous, excited, happy ... the important thing is that your sixth sense served to save you a substitute ... do not give them many laps, the little one is fine and that is the important thing.

A hug.

Kisses for all and good night.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/08/2011 4:43 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.