{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Good, what a sad day that he does today, the sky is gray and a kind of aguanive falls ... The ideal for lifting encouragement.We have Endo today, only review, to see that we agreed with respect to insulin, we have not put again and yesterday had equal values ​​that last week, that is, between 62 and 106, but with the scare in the body,The truth is that I no longer know that it is better, on the one hand if you get rid of some punctures these months because phenomenal, but of course every time the Glucometer Sube is a dislike.Thanks Velia for the spirits.

To the rest a lot of encouragement with the colds and the glycemic lack of controls, what a bigger roll, you have to see what absorbs this of trying good control.Kisses

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
01/27/2011 5:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, to see what the endocrine tells you Anaa ... you tell us ... but that we rare this honeymoon?It seems incredible to me that I have those values ​​without insulin ... we pass honeymoon (how hard little) but always using minimum insulin ... half units ... octually now at meals I only put half a unit of fast... less at breakfast that I put between 1.5 and 3 (fast) .. NPH 3 times a day (with meals), 2 units.It is a somewhat rare but good guideline ... because sometimes the NPH overlap ...

Mariape, according to your firm I understand that Adrian has 8 insulating units in the morning?(Insulatard is the NPH ... right?) And does it fast?Is the difference of guidelines in each other incredible, even though it is more or less age ... and in the early mornings what values ​​usually have?

Nando Miegueyyy and Costipado ... at 2 (this morning) was in 96 ... I gave him a suck of milk (40ml) and dawns me in 200 !!Grrrrr ...
I do not know if it happens to you like me but I with Nando I am doing and improvising a little based on the "newspaper" and seeing previous days the glycemia-comida-insulina that I had ... I do not go wrong although of course certain factors that certain factorsThey ruin my decisions ... With this I mean that there are many people who have calculated the famous "ratio" but I no matter how much I look like it neither ratios or milks ... Nothing makes too much sense so according to the glycemia it has and whatThat you will then adjust your rations of food and move with the times ... I mean that if it is at food at 150 (for example), I put the insulin and wait about 20 minutes to eat ...So that insulin has already done something of effect ... if then I will be at home without doing too much I give it only half a ration of fruit (fast) .. If it is in less than 70, I give you the complete ration ofFruit first, then insulin and food ...
Does anyone do so ??I have a more or less fixed guideline of insulin but I move with the times and meals ... and of course I do many controls, maybe too many ... according to the endocrine too many but hey ... BNO I want to risk having scares forAvoid one or two clicks on your finger ...

Well, often Royo ...

Kisses.

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
01/27/2011 6:52 a.m.

Well, if Maruchi the insulating is NPH, he has been in the morning and one of a fast actrapic that we use it to cover breakfast, at the fast night we do not put him if he does not arrive high at dinner because we are very waiting for us a little to dinnerAnd that's it.The one to get up because Pej now has just left plates in the throat and fever we do not control it until it returns to normal.What is usually happening to us is that I fear that the night we got out with the Resopon.X The morning in the school we take it more or less controlled with that amount of insulin but Tb has passed that one day has run a lot and has sweated and when I am going to do the test it is bass.In any case, this is very desperate because doing the same does not carry the same glycemias or you expect to go in a way and it is the opposite but well with patience we will learn that we have a short time in something very complicated.

mariape's profile photo
mariape
01/27/2011 10:22 a.m.

Hello everyone I am looking for a little help. I am Vero Mama de Joaqui (5 years).
The problem is that it gets up super tall from 300 to 400 and they ask me to climb the slow "insulating" we have been going up
A medium time in Media we started with 3 and we are with 5
And nothing works. The truth is that the nights with such insulin are very afraid that the four is usually low, and the
Recommendations are: When I get out of 150 half a glass of milk, all the low of 150 and many in hicc
And the truth is that I am desperate to tell me something please thank you

veroyjoaqui's profile photo
veroyjoaqui
01/28/2011 2:22 p.m.

I do not understand how they can play with the children of children.
For those ages, the best treatment, by far, is the insulin pump.Go to the endocrine and ask to be prescribed to the kid and, if they deny it, do not give up, change of endocrine, or hospital, or, if necessary, of city.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/28/2011 3:36 p.m.

Hi Vero,

nando debut 4 months ago ... it has 3 and a half years ... I also use the insulerard with him, 2 units at night ... It costs me a lot that I arrived well in the morning ... sometimes or with all my greatest effort whatI achieve, but the times that I do it is based on not dominating (from the tension to which it goes too much) and to control at 2 and 4 ... before sleeping (between 21.30-22.00) it is usually over the100 (maximum effect of the rapid of dinner) ... right now I give him about 100ml of milk (I no longer put cereals as they told me because he goes up later and dawns high) .. in the control of the 2 ifYou are about 120-130 I forget ... and I still sleep (or eating the jar almost always), if it is about 80-100 I give a little suck of milk (between 40 and 60 ml) .. it is incredible but as I pass me from10 ml already mess and dawns high ... or that impression I have ... to 4 no matter if it is just for the rest of the hours (90-100) because I have proven that from 4 or it is maintained or upA little ... at this moment he no longer has insuulatard (I put it on 19.30h) and I think he begins to segregate sugar on the other hand or that having nothing of insulin begins to raise the remains or I know... Provide to give him instead of half a glass of milk if or if to give him less quantity and do more controls to see how he is affecting him ... I am more in favor of giving small amounts and more times than a bigger one ...It is very sacrificed (because you bareMore experience but this is my experience in case it can serve you ...

A question for everyone: is it possible that if the glycemia is uncovered and cold goes up?: Shock: Maybe it is coincidence but I have noticed that the days that dawns uncovered and in a corner made a ball (as if it tubed cold) is high ... and when I get it dawn and with the colored puffs it is better ...What do you think about this?:-/:-/:-/

thank you

kisses.mar

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
01/28/2011 7:04 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Vroyjoaqui and Maruchi, at 2 I tell you what Alea comments, try the insulin bomb ... Vero, getting up with those figures is constantly not good for his body, and that situation should not be maintained long.I would change my end, do not hesitate.
Maruchi, in young children, the phenomenon of ALBA occurs with the consequent increase in glucose at dawn (very difficult phenomenon to correct not to be with a pump), if insulting it stops making effect at that time it can hardly fight it, not to bethat you change the whole schedule ...
Anaa, how are you going? ... Let's see what you endure like this.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/29/2011 5:56 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well, there is another one of the insulating, I really are antibombic, I explain myTime that we have been learning, it is also true that we are now coming out of a pharyngitis with a lot of fever and you can imagine.I tell you what happens to us now we always click on the 8 x the morning and x the afternoon (TB sometimes we give ourselves the margin of an hour or so) x the morning I have 8 of Insulatard and 1 of Rapida andThere are good days that runs more, it takes longer to eat the good sandwich like all children and the values ​​are more or less correct at 2 when we eat and for now that pattern works us (but there is no disease around).If you have eaten your rations well we get and play for a while because the nap and so that you do not go to be tinned and lift it up.Sgun gets out of the nap snack one thing or another and Tb what has been scheduled, because if you have aerobic we try to eat more slow absorption hydrates.Now that it happens to us that since I do not give a TB fever we have two days with values ​​in 200, but first it was because we went from resopon (the best thing is the milk without a doubt for us) and now we are thinking that we have put it quickly xThe night x the theme of fevers and we must remove it and put the 3 of Insulatard that we were putting and he got up well.The one of that we are antibombic I say today PQ, especially what I most imply isWithout that he goes all day with her on that there is already her mother is stuck, not seriously, without jokes if one day the best option is the pump for him we will put it.In summary and after the roll it is that we are all making a great effort to control those glycemia and a few days are better and others not so well but that all of us here we sleep little but the main thing is that they are happy and see us withA smile that sometimes costs a greeting: D

mariape's profile photo
mariape
01/29/2011 9:54 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Maruchi, yesterday a comment remained in the inkwell.It may be hot when it is high and that's why it is developed.I tell you, because before debuting Angela (he debuted in mid -October), it was very cold, and all his eagerness was to develop ... now when he is low it feels cold ...
Of course, Mariape, to carry a bomb you have to be sure to want to do it.It is certainly the best treatment, let's get as we get, but we must be prepared and want our children to take it.Apart from that it is difficult to get an idea of ​​how the bomb works, how the child will affect, if it has not been used.We have all had a certain fear of the unknown, fortunately, today we have the experience of many people carrying infuses, and experiences are positive in a very high percentage.Come on, a before and after.

A kiss and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/30/2011 6:15 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

How are you?X here today glycemically speaking, the same thing happens to Adrian when he is high, he is very heat, if he is low and takes something is when he is cold.Velia as soon as the bomb, I cannot speak from the experience because we have not had it, I speak to you from what we think and how things are going, hopefully from here to time everything improves so much that one and others have the best controlWhether it is decided to put a bomb and not but that I am glad that the experiences that are counted from it are good because we are going to be the right way to improve the treatment a kiss for all those little ones

mariape's profile photo
mariape
01/30/2011 12:06 p.m.

Oh God how the latest comments on temperature surprise me, I feel really rare.When I am high (high tall) I don't feel anything thermally speaking (I notice that yes, many bosteries. I suppose that pure lactic acid growing in my muscles to forced marches) but when I am low I do notice heat.Lot.In fact, in summer if I have a time of hypos, I measure me much more than normal because sometimes I have a hard time distinguishing it from Madrid hell.It is funny to work upside down, although I know that in this world each is different.

Ana, a lot of encouragement.I know that it seems hard and that you may be very worried about the child, but really really, trust the ability we have of little ones.What staggers us most (you don't know how I assure you) is to see you badly.You are our saviors and the mirror in which to look at us.If you are calm, we are calm.I know that it is to put a lot of responsibility, but really what makes us crazy in the hospi, in the debuts, in anything, it is to see reflected in your faces that you do not know what to do.If you are calm, although obviously he will bother to return to insulin, it will be easy.I assure you.We are hyperadaptable dwarves.And we have incredible force.And I tell you Proque I see it in myself and in the hospital that I am going to volunteer once a week ...

A huge smile from here,

Ali

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
01/30/2011 3:33 p.m.

Hello dear, good morning, Monday again ...

Here we are still well, curing the fingers (without him noticing it) in each blood glucose, although so far he has recovered absolute normality, we do not know that the high value of last Monday was due but it seems that it was something isolated.We were in the endo and saw him very well, I am a little worried because he does not take weight since September, it is true that now he is his ideal weight, that he has left the buns, sweets ... and that he does more sport, but it isThat as I grow so much I think I should take weight and overwhelm me a little, in short ... in March the antibodies and the peccid c and the hem that already touches it will repeat.Did your children repeat the evidence of the debut at some point?

Much encouragement with the problem of high glycemia at dawn, I do not serve much help in terms of tips, although I read everything for when I touch.

So that, how and good day.Kisses.

PD: Montrial thanks for your advice, I want to think that this is how you say and that Realmetne we get it worse ...

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
01/31/2011 5:20 a.m.

Good morning, just step to thank you Montrial X Your words has put the gallina meat for you, you are the other part, and the one who sees our face that each puncture is put on each control and each race when there is a hiccup, something that we have started to control my peq recently when I did the control and I was in 55 I told him that I was going to give juice and I asked me that xq did not run, the poor thing like every hiccup was a race for juice... But hey tries to improve little by little.Thank you very much for your words a greeting

mariape's profile photo
mariape
01/31/2011 6:24 a.m.

:) Mariape, the same thing happened to me.My mother gets (still) hysterical and I always tell you that it is useless.I assure you that with a 55, obviously you have to go for the juice, but it is not for you to run the risk of falling down the stairs.Think that if you react like this, when he has only a 55, he can get nervous.I really have always thought about it: my mother has been slipping infinite times and I always ended up fear :))

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
01/31/2011 9:15 a.m.

Montrtial seems that that racing phase we have already passed but I suppose that the signs that are put on us when we do not add up to us glycemia will have to improve them little by little, the best thing that is small is that it will normalize everything more when it is greater when it is greaterall the best

mariape's profile photo
mariape
01/31/2011 10:19 a.m.

Thanks girls, my intention is to put the bomb, but it seems that it is quite difficult, on the last visit to the end
But he told me to wait for it was not time because the subsections were wrong,
We live in a town province of Alicante and belong to a small hospital where they do not put bombs
They only put them in the Hospital of Alicante for the entire province that apparently is saturated, how is it changed from endo?
Are there private?The truth is that the situation gives me a lot of helplessness

veroyjoaqui's profile photo
veroyjoaqui
01/31/2011 11:43 a.m.

Hello,

Today I am completely low and I need to enter and vent with you that you are after all my family in this battle, the people who can understand me the most ... Of course ... yes ...
Tonight has been horrible, in my life I have spent so much fear.At this time I find it hard to swallow and every time I think about what I have lived and that you can repeat break to cry ... I am bad that I am at work and nobody sees me ... 

It was the 11pm at night ... Control: 100, I give 120 milk with 1 teaspoon of cereal powder as I almost always give it ... depending a little about blood glucose I wait until 2 or I give less milk ... to my surprise to my surpriseThe 3 was in 307 ... which was going to assume that it dawned to more than 350 ... (something that has never happened to me ...), a dinner of the most common and no change ... is not evil ... nor does it seem that it is incubating anything ...At this moment I feel and I think I do ... if I put insulin or not ... then I consider the two options ... if I do not put at 7:50h it will be in more than 350 with a possible ketosis (or howSay), for having been in the clouds all night ... and I will need at least 2 hours of space between I put the insulin and give you breakfast ... since if I give breakfast nothing more to put it on, "the race" theHe wins the milk for sure and puts the child in 400 easy ... and the child had to be in school at 8.30h… so that he could not wait those two hours ... I decide to put the insulin (the breakfast guideline) tothe 4.30h (358 and climbing ...) and calculate a margin of a horita and a half (I have or that I thought calculated that it lowers about “100” per hour) so according to my calculations in an hour and a half I would be 200 moreOr less ... I would wait a little longer and give breakfast and perfect ...

WELL NO!At the hour and a half I was in 30 …… delirious and trembling…. Lucking, but with my eyes closed that was very short and I almost died, there alone at home ... I have run to the kitchen, I have taken a small brik of juicethat I have opened based on a mouth and have fallen up to two glasses to the floor of the trembling of the hands that I carried ... I have run to his bed, I have incorporated him and drunk (with his eyes closed), I have been giving him some9seguia cookies with my eyes closed while telling me that I was more hungry ...), I finished with 100ml more milk ... and gradually uploading ... 20 minutes later it was 75 ... 131 ... 131 ... 131 ... 131 ... 131 ... 131 ... 131 ... 131 ... 131 ... 131 ... 131 ...

God, I almost died.I have had a heart attack and I can't stop thinking about whether I don't get that control ... or I fell asleep ... that I have been sleeping for a half about 5 hours and also interrupted ... by Nando nightmares, controls ... Pipis ... Pipis ...

Thanks for reading me.

Also tell you, to leave a bit of a good mouth that yesterday Nando had its first blood test after the debut and I feel the most proud breast of the world of being able to say that it did not fall a tear, which gave me a good lessonknowing how to be and bravery.He even removed the pacifier and gave me.He got out of there squeezing the cotton his arm.

Our children are diabetic but of course first of all they are incredible.

A kiss.

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
02/01/2011 8:46 a.m.

I feel the bad drink, but I will tell you one that happened to us and we did not knowI communicate it, I have milk in the Resopon and everything normal to sleep.At the two of the morning he wakesRunning to make him quickly and spend the night in candle, that if we improve the situation, but we did not know how to step the first thing is that the insulin was and we changed the PQ vial it was as if we had not punctured him.Another one that happened to us yesterday was that he got up from the nap with 317 (everything must be said that a cake chopbin ate with sugar cake) Well, we click 1 fast but the uncle was running all afternoon at 19:00 I had 50, under a fog and that that mereno, so the problem of rapid is that so small not right to put him.Another experience than to add and encourage that here we are learning.

mariape's profile photo
mariape
02/01/2011 9:49 a.m.

Hello family,
Between some things and others, I've been without going through here, so I've thrown myself a good time reading.
Mar, how you have reminded me of myself a few years ago, shortly after debuting Noe.The same thing happened to him, 36, rigid, convulsing and could not speak, he only issued Ruiditos ... He managedIt has happened to us again.
Mariape, I am also pro-bomba, now we do not change it for anything, and that cost us to decide and we had to wait, but as Velia says, it is the best treatment with difference and what am I going to tell you about the quality of life... Anyway, noe has made a plastelina in case he spoils his not to stay without any, :)) :)) :))
Ana, encouragement, the principles are difficult, then everything is softening, patience ...
Montrial, it is curious to see "the other point of view" of all this ... Thank you.
Velia, and how are Angela ????I imagine that you already have the institute and go on wheels ...
We are today "anniversary", four years ago today that our friend in common arrived in our lives and settled in little Noe.Anyway, difficult dates to forget.
A kiss.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/01/2011 10:11 a.m.

Mar, to correct, test with a fast unit and measures at two hours to know how much it goes down.Children are very sensitive to insulin and also those insulins you use have a peak that also goes down suddenly.Let's see if they pass you soon to a basal insulin or the pump.
Kisses :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/01/2011 10:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.