{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello Majas, good morning, for me they are not much to say but that it will be done, I do not want to be a selfish one but the truth is that I have entered to vent a little since I am having a lot of bad ... Vereis Diego debutedIn September of last year and after leaving the hospital, Lantus stopped putting on the peace ofPerhaps a little lower than normal, but well), the only thing we have done at this time has more or less control the rations of hydrates he took so as not to lose his habit and make 3-4 glycemia a day.We knew that this was a passenger but we had 3 months, that is, much longer than with the insulins and I fear that the end of this stage has come, today at noon we had to put Humalog and it has been quite hard ...

I know that it has been a luck these months of needle rest, but it is being like two beginnings and you better that anyone knows how hard they are, now we will have to find out how much insulin needs, for the moment a single unit has been put to try, but let's go his doctor has said it, that no idea until we are not trying.And tell you, for contributing one more experience to this forum, that for us the end of the honeymoon has been completely abrupt, yesterday as always in the morning 90, at food 70 and at dinner ...... 140!!, this morning 130 !!and at eating 200 !!!

Forgive for the roll that I have put you but that ... Jo, what uphill is done.Thank you very much for everything and many kisses for all kids who are authentic champions and skies.

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
01/24/2011 9:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Anaaa, a lot of encouragement ... I suppose the disgust will not be those who take it away from you, but in all this time sure that in some way you will have been preparing internally and surely you will overcome it soon ... and you tell me that doctors do notThey advise and tell you that you are trying?Come on, if I do not see it I do not believe it ... they will have to put a starting pattern and from there make the necessary modifications ... in short ... in what we can help you here you have us ... the kid will get used toSoon ... Go telling us.
A hug!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/24/2011 11:21 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

As always .... Thank you very much Velia, you do not know (good surely) what is appreciated the forum in these bad times.

I think I have not explained myself well in what doctors do not advise me, quite the opposite we have a crazy luck with the doctor who has touched us, she is an endocirna pediatrician specialized in diabetes, but the most important thing is that she lives dedicated to her workIt is an exceptional person, it is always available, any day at any time.What happens is that now you have to test what sensitivity to insulin has and for the moment it has told me to put 1 IU and call it this afternoon and tonight to see how we are going, now in the snack it has 148, soWe are not going wrong at all, to see how dinner arrives and we will decide between 2 whether we put insulin (well I will do what I tell me).So you can see how wonderful Diego is that when we were in the hospital and she was not on duty, she called the nurses from her home in the control of 3 in the morning to see how Diego was, and today when I havecalled has asked me to happen to him to chat for a while and give him encouragement, in short as I tell you a crazy luck with this woman.Of course, even so the disgust of the Re-Debut there is no one to take it as Velia says.

Again thanks and encouragement to all.

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
01/24/2011 12:04 p.m.

Anaa, a lot of encouragement, that with that medical team everything will be easier, you will see it.
And for the rest, here you have us.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/24/2011 12:47 p.m.

It seems good to me what the doctor has told them ... 1-2 units at most and see what glycemias has ... It is impossible to do something else, what they send are glycemia.
If you mark a theoretical pattern, as the books (according to weight) put, you would surely have huge hypos ...
Anaa look at it in this way, Dr. trusts you, otherwise she would have put a fixed guideline both in food and insulin ...

It is something that would end up going, before or later, but they are still very close to normal, so it is normal for a time to spend time with very low insulin needs ...

A learning time begins ... Hydrates count, relationship with insulin, fats ....

DiabetesForo
01/24/2011 1:03 p.m.

Yes, I have had to interpret it badly ... it seems that you are well backed .... you tell us to see how the night.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/24/2011 1:31 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Jo, thank you again, you are wonderful and it is not by ball, it is that today I have such a bad day and you are helping me a lot, as you see all day hooked to the forum and the rest of the time playing with him, it is whatmore relaxes me.Now at dinner it is in 79, so as the teacher Owash says it seems that he will not need much insulin, in fact we do not put him, this measure with 1 IU has traced a 200, so with great care ...

I thank you again and if I could help you, it would be delighted (it is difficult, you are some professionals from the head to the head)

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
01/24/2011 2:46 p.m.

Good night..
We have grabbed the Costipado of the year ... The other day I took a good scare with Nando that dawn vomiting and 300 .... It was clear that a virus had hooked him ... since then with coughs and moquitos and I grew up tosinging!So here we are fighting for the royos of ass, hehe, and fighting me with their glycemiah..pufff ... madness ...

He took the lactose totally days ago but we continue with that cacas ... rare ... not so many yes ... the pediatrician sent me a stool test "reducing bodies in feces" so I am waiting to catch one of the chaquitasRare to send it to the laboratory ... in theory I had to go today to do complete analysis (that each doctor adds more things ...), but until the muffins are passed and cough almost better than not ...It is going to be that then I get some values ​​altered and they do not serve ... yet we click that it goes well! ... I also give me a tremendous lazTo open an eye is already saying "Bibe !!"And I: "It is said please ..." hehe ... so I don't want to imagine when I have to say that you have to wait ... fear gives me!

Velia, thanks for the information of the website, I have made a look and it seems that it is very good, to see if I have more time tomorrow and look at her well ... the book about the celliquia where you say that I can see or get it?Is it current?

Mornita thanks also for the information of the chuches ... to see if I investigate a little and confirm that they are without gluten too ...

What rage it gives me that now where I go I see gluten -free products, something that did not happen to me before the diabetes debut ... there were not so many things ... This winter I saw lots of nougat, mazapanes and polvorones !!!And it turns out that now with diabetes very careful ... what sadness I get when I see Nando look at all the positions of chuches and chocolates with a face of desire ...

They could already investigate a little more in transplanting the pancreas !!that I give mine to Nando and make me diabetics!

Well, I have been comfortable ... for today!;)

Another thing ... a 62 glycemia is very bad?Does the body suffer?Nando has had 2 times 62 today ... I don't know exactly what is the figure in which the body begins to suffer ...

thank you.

Kisses and sweet dreams for everyone.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
01/24/2011 5 p.m.

We have been told that in little ones, below 70 "hypoglycemia" is already considered.

We have spent a flu this week and it has been an lack of control of values, they shot themselves in a tremendous way, even spending the 400 on some occasions ... and now it is hard for us to return to the "normality", at the hospital they suspectthat the honeymoon is also over.

Parents of children under 6 years of age, are you using Humalog and NPH?

helora's profile photo
helora
01/25/2011 7:30 a.m.

Hello Helora, thanks for your answer!
Humalog is the same as Novorrapid right?:?
I for Nando (3 and a half years) use Novorrapid and NPH ..

Here in Mallorca we have a lot

greetings

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
01/25/2011 8:16 a.m.

The Humalog is from Lilly, Novorrapid de Novonordisk
The fact is that the child (two and a half years, almost) is very sensitive to Humalog, so I asked if you also used it and if you had had this problem.But as we have insisted that the same insulins are always used for children under 6 years, well ... I do not know, to see now if when it is already recovered from the flu, we see that there is some "normality"

Good luck with the flu, to see if it passes by

Regarding hypoglycemia, sometimes to us with those values ​​of less than 70, he asks us for food, there are times that a voracious hunger enters and others asks us to take him in his arms
-----------------------------------
By the way, improved the control of diabetes in your case once the honeymoon passed?

Thank you

helora's profile photo
helora
01/25/2011 8:27 a.m.

Although they are different laboratories, they are ultra-opted insulins that have the same duration and the same action curves.

Theoretically Humalog (Lilly), Novorapid (Novo Nordisk) and Apidra (Sanofi Aventis) are "equal" and "" interchangeable "" ".

DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 8:37 a.m.

If, however, we have been told, or that has seemed to me to understand for the 2nd time ... that only the NPH and the Humalog were tested and approved in use with children under 6 years.

It is incredible how Humalog unity affects him, glycemia drops into chopped, especially at night.

helora's profile photo
helora
01/25/2011 8:43 a.m.

Hello, good morning, today we a little calmer, assimilating that the honeymoon is coming to an end, today we still have no insulin because the values, although higher than usual do not give to put insulin, and more when yesterday with aOnly Humalog unit lowered him so much, I think that on Thursday when we go to the doctor he will tell us that we put some basal, to see if we endure a time without punctures in each meal ... in short you have to move forward.

The 62 glycemia should not worry because your body suffers, we have been told that when insulin is used, for sure that it does not go down anymore, you have to treat as a hiccy valleWithout insulin, hypoglycemia is not considered until they have values ​​below 50-60.

Have a good afternoon, kisses

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
01/25/2011 9:17 a.m.

Maruchi, taking care of that flu, I suppose that glycemic uncontrol will be important ... ahhh, hopefully the nando hypos are always 62: D .... do not hurry, although it is true that in children they try to avoid at all costsHypoglycemia, it seems to me that this figure is not harmful, I would worry more about the hyper !!!
Anaaaa, quieter ????I am glad to go a little ... now to see if it lasts a lot with that little insulin.

To all, kisses and good afternoon

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/26/2011 12:47 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Maruchi, taking care of that flu, I suppose that glycemic uncontrol will be important ... ahhh, hopefully the nando hypos are always 62: D .... do not hurry, although it is true that in children they try to avoid at all costsHypoglycemia, it seems to me that this figure is not harmful, I would worry more about the hyper !!!
Anaaaa, quieter ????I am glad to go a little ... now to see if it lasts a lot with that little insulin.

To all, kisses and good afternoon

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/26/2011 12:48 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Yes, it is so in part.
Neither Lantus nor Levemir are authorized to children under 6 ... except mechanism of compassionate use, that is, if the child is fatally controlled, the doctor confirms danger and the family assumes in writing the consequences of that "improper" use coulddo...
The same with Apidra ...
So there is only a basal insulin for children under 6 years: the NPH

In the case of Novorapid and Humalog (Insulina Lispro), there are no clinical trials in children under 2 years ... there are between 3 and 17 years ... So the therapeutic indications begin at the age of 2.

DiabetesForo
01/26/2011 1:43 p.m.

Thanks for the clarification about the Owash insulins.

Velia, now we are a little better, thanks ... today we have had more controlled glycemia ... and finally I took those samples of feces that I need ... tomorrow I take them to the laboratory, although it is a little better in thatI still see strange things ....

Helora, Nando also asks me for food when it is low, especially asks pear (shouting ...), but asks for it when it is less than 60 ... I insist that you ask me before ... when you start being hungry,To feel bad ... Of course I don't know if he understands or feels enough to let me know ... but well I tell him whenever I have the opportunity ...

It only costs me a lotIf I have a good time, it dawns at 200 (or more ...) ... but from 4 in the morning he starts uploading him without giving anything ... well a royo ... I spend the night in a candle always keeping him at theLimit so that it is then dawn in more or less acceptable values ​​...

kisses.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
01/26/2011 3:11 p.m.

Thanks Owash :)

Well, we do not get it to have acceptable or regular levels, today in the morning it has dawned with 356 :( but it has been 3 days that we do not manage to lose it from 200 with the scheduled insulin and if we upload it a little, go down to less than less than70 ... There is no middle ground.
Hypoglycemia has them more frequently at midnight and before food.

helora's profile photo
helora
01/27/2011 4:32 a.m.

How such a family, because here we have had problems with the throat x everything high and the poor without eating a week, the insulin that may need fever between 25 and 50 percent more (data taken from theBook that you recommended and above now with the PQ) now we are uncontrolled until we control a little we will take a little but well this is like that.The worst thing is that we all get in bad milk and get depressed because you can't control this.We tb use NPH and Actrapic has demandGive a marathon in the school patio.Returning to the book thank you very much for the recommendation is very good and helps nothing a greeting chao

mariape's profile photo
mariape
01/27/2011 5:39 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.