{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello !!! I didn't know anything about your Velia accident.I don't know what has been but don't stop driving for a day. I'm glad you're fine.
The rosques here are with cream or cream in between and that is difficult for me to calculate.
Mariape ​​my son hurts the gut almost every day and some I think it is not to eat anymore since one day I was running out.
Osdejo that this little boy is touching the keyboard

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
01/04/2011 3:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What?There is little left for the magic night, not to tell the rations I say x.I would upload a lot today, I will put a little more because they are great.Adrián if he does not want to eat anymore and point does not seek excuses but if it is true that yesterday he removes some sweetened things and does not complain (maybe it is a coincidence) but well the important thing is that this is fine we have a few days that gets up underFor my taste 60-70 x what will take insulin that morning awaits us a busy greeting.

mariape's profile photo
mariape
01/05/2011 5 a.m.

Hello everyone !!!I have a moment to wish you happy year and happy kings day, I have rolled up a lot reading you and now I am late because I have to go to buy some gift that I have left, Roscón del Mercadona with instructions: o: O!I'm running to buy it, another thing to do!
A hug for all.

luci's profile photo
luci
01/05/2011 5:34 a.m.

Hello again, I have introduced myself in the General Forum, but I do it here again.

We are the parents of a 2 -year -old boy who debuted with DB1 on December 2, we have been out of the hospital for just a month and we are all accustoming ourselves to the "new life" with schedules, rations, punctures ... We were almost 2 weeksIn the hospital and the training that the predisposition of the educators gave us so much.
It has spent almost a week with laryngitis and coughing that has been uncontrolled, but they told us in the consultation that seemed to be going through the honeymoon, the glycemia were quite stable and the very small insulin doses (with NPH and Humalog) Even to do without most of the times of the latter.
It has a diet of 1,100 calories and 13 daily portions -which is costing us a lot of effort to

Today we have returned to the consultation and tested the glycosylated hemoglobin and that of the C peptide, the endocrine has been seeing the values ​​of these days and they have seemed "well", the Hemo has given 7.9 and we have to return in2 months.We have changed the guidelines a little so that the time of food is not an ordeal for us, especially and so that he also does not use that moment to reaffirm, manipulate and go out with his.
They have also told us that of the daily controls that we do, that we are suppressing or alternating those of the middle or afternoon, since here he eats what he plays and is also not binding on insulin, since in the middle of the morningAnd we do not put anything.

And well ... that a little in general, that we continue with the adaptation and learning to take it as well as possible.

Thank you.

helora's profile photo
helora
01/11/2011 8:54 a.m.

Hello, Helora.
I am the mother of a 17 -year -old diabetic girl and who debuted with 8, so we have already been experienced.
Raise all doubts, that there is a whole battalion to answer.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/11/2011 9:41 a.m.

Hello Helora,
My little one also debuted with 22 messages, now he is already 5 years old and is a champion.
We all know how difficult the beginnings are, especially when they are so small, but as Alea says, ask, consult, relieve everything you need, that nobody like those we are here will understand you better.
Much encouragement and a kiss.

DiabetesForo
01/12/2011 5:36 a.m.

Thanks for the reception ... if I would like to ask you a question, we are already starting to think what school we are going to take and they have already advanced us in the consultation that we may have problems since we both work and in the school they canDo not be responsible for controls and others.Tell me too if you leave them in the dining room and how you do it with that of the portions ... I accept all kinds of tips and suggestions that you want to make me.

helora's profile photo
helora
01/12/2011 5:59 a.m.

Hello to everyone, welcome Helora and as will see here we are all more or less the same, I take care of going to school to do Adrian who is four years old, we don't know there but in my case we have to be or myhusband or I pending x if they call us and to do a control that we do to one.He does not have a dining room for a town and the controls and being so small we have to be the parents not to be that you are lucky enough to have a nurse.For example, we thought that school would be an odyssey for the calculations of the portions and glycemia and is quite the opposite is more controlled, we have taken some substitute but controllable and once I had to call the teacherPq hurt his head and I had to control him by.Now I have to ask me to the most experienced mothers, you note that your children fatigue more with diabetes, Adrian the poor is that a career is hit and it can no longer, it is the one that is the last one and we do not know to blame it, to blame it,Ultimament complains about the stomach and I already believe that we think of the sweeteners but in the end we have chosen to make the appointment of the digestive and we no longer know what to think thanks in advance and greetings

mariape's profile photo
mariape
01/12/2011 6:34 a.m.

Hello, because of what I see in your firm, Adrián is like a pear !!!!congratulations.I have noticed that you are with another type of insulin different from what we use (NPH and Humalog), did you start from the beginning with that?

Here there is no nurse in any school or public or arranged, I am right now in several because if you put on us for the controls, when we work two, it would depend on the child's grandmother were doing them, so the thing would be to look for aCole that besides being close to it, if we can prevent it from staying in the dining room, better.Because I don't even have the amounts to eat, among other things.
They have told us in the association that we almost better that we omit the data that it is diabetic until they have admitted to him and then if that would give a talk there to become familiar with and remove fear.

helora's profile photo
helora
01/12/2011 7:03 a.m.

Hello Helora In my case, my 7 -year -old girl comes to eat home because in school they do not control or put the insulin, so I bone the mommy I am without working, with whatThat implies, to see if in these years you can get something ...
Mariape ​​ I of the fatigue would not know how to tell you, Lucia at least does not fatigue, she runs a lot and has even gained some career, the truth is that it is good for sport, less bad.
The next meeting of the association has it on the 22nd in Barbastro, if you want to come ...

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
01/12/2011 10:13 a.m.

I don't even know how to say, is that the most common posture in all cabbage?

We have also had a contact with the association, they have been very friendly and that, but I do not know if it will have enough impact to change something

helora's profile photo
helora
01/12/2011 12:24 p.m.

Hello Helora !!
In our school they do the controls and they call us if they have any doubt about what to do.He goes to a school arranged from the Escolapios and from the beginning we tell them that David had this problem added and did not put more problems to admit it.With the second school option that we had to be sacred heart we also told you the problem of David and the director told me that if you were admitted by points they would do everything in their hands to have David well controlled.They seemed sincere and sensitive.
I think it's a bit of luck.
I do not leave it to eat since it seems like a jaleo and I do not know how those of the dining room with the portion and others would manage.But it's personal mania.Many kids know they stay to eat and have no major problem.
I have been without working so far from the debut and now I join my position since I have managed to manage schedules to be able to feed and breakfast.Some snacks and dinner are their father.(I am very lucky since I will official).
An issue with which we had a bad time was to try to eat the recits they told us.My son is not a good dining room and the time of the food was a torture for everyone.I changed a lot and lost the possibility of blackmailing when we started giving the rations that he could really eat.
The bomb was a great help for this since you can put the insulin as you see if it is going to eat or not.With little appetite children it is wonderful.The thing about keeping the insulin placed and the food on the plate is distressing.
Animos and kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
01/12/2011 5:14 p.m.

Hello everyone, how are you?We all well, the little tb well, well with a cold that you do not see, what a cold, I get out of one and I get into another, I will not go to make me some analysis to see if I'm going to have lowThe defenses because ... on top of me that I have never had sinusitis, now it is intimate of mine and I have some headaches that.Let's go a pattero roll.

Helora welcome as the others have told you little by little, regarding meals I think just like my friend Santesteban, give him what he ate before diabetes since the endocrine marks you some portions but ... from the saying to the fact there is a lotstretch;);), my little one debuted with 11 months and of course they marked me some portions (which we eventually realized that it was impossible to eat), I remember that time with a lot of anxiety, because of course the girl was littleEating and ... the time of the meals were very much stress because it took a long time to eat, did not eat everything and to put the insulins we went crazy.With children you have to be careful because sometimes the only thing that is achieved is that they vomit what in our case is a problem (insulin).

Until one day we went to the hospital and said this is impossible and will end us and the girl!We had enough with diabetes in itself as well as suffering so much at the time of meals and if above it it was a baby because the thing was complicated double.So in consensus with the endocrine we plan the real rations that the girl ate and from there the insulins guided us.Everything was better and the meals ceased to be an ordeal.As of today, he is already 5 years old, he eats super good.The important thing is that they get fat and grow normally.My daughter gain weight fattens, is that it is thin but growing you do not see how it grows.: D: d

Mariape ​​I have not noticed the tiredness in my girl either, what I have noticed is the sweeteners I have proven that my little girls are given belly pains, I have decided to give it as little as possible, except for some candy or gum (specific occasions), otherwise everything with sugar.

Velia how are you better?

We have already returned to the oblique catheters, those of 6mm again have stopped working well, it really does not explain why it will be, sometimes (long seasons) they go greatly and ... suddenly boom!They stop working Why will it be?

Well girls I leave you, oh my God that paragraphs I have, if little is not written, I go to my fingers!

DiabetesForo
01/13/2011 3:25 a.m.

Hello!

Here I am another little after reads at full speed,

Mariape, to Nando if it also happens to get tired before ... or stumble ... I also noticed it from diabetes ... Before it was more agile and ran without stopping ... why will it be? ...

Today I will have the results of the stool samples that take the other day to the hospital.Nando continues with its gase explosion (especially in the afternoon-noches) and that transparent strange water that contemplates you ... does not complain about pain of anything but it is clear that there is something ... and I overwhelmed uncertaintyNot knowing ...
Yesterday I started with lactose milk ... to try ... but I have a great !!doubt...

Lastless milk has the same as normal?Looking at the composition I can see that of hydrates (of which sugars) are 2.9 per 100ml unlike the one that gave it so far that it is 5.8 per 100ml so I calculated that if I gave it 200ml of milkIt gave him a ration ... well yesterday believing (by logic and by numbers in the composition) that the lactose without half gave him double and put himself very high ... and now I don't know what to think ...If the milk is the way it is 200ml = 1 ration and point or ???
Any of you have experience or know about this?

Helora, welcome, I also have a little in this ... Nando is 3 and a half years, debut 3 months and a half ago ... Every day I learn something ... that's what it is ... a kiss and a lot of encouragement.

Thank you very much as always.

Kisses to all.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
01/13/2011 4:14 a.m.

Good morning moms !!!
Satesteban had not read you and I see that there is a message in which you ask about the accident, I told it on the route.A car that gave us from behind in the M40, we went Angela and I and a good scare that we got ... the important thing is that nothing happened to us and the car is already repaired.
Heliora, welcome to the thread, if you can't take so many rations, talk to it with the doctor to remove any, not all kids have to be measured by the same pattern, you will have to eat them a lot and you will have them less ...
Mariape, Marichu, I have not noticed that Angela gets tired, it is an all -terrain and very agile, as before.Do you have many climbs?When they are high, the muscles usually hurt, the legs feel bad, and when they are low they cannot with their body, if it is not very stable they are not physically well.Have they looked at the thyroid?I say it because I am hypothyroid and Ángela almost, and when you have the hormone bad you are also very tired ...
Marichu, we cross our fingers so that the crop is fine.You tell us, please.
Lena, here I am, trying to resume the studies that has been painful on vacation and then I get the burden of having lost my thread, but hey, more or less good.

Kisses and good day to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/13/2011 4:50 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello to all.As soon as I enter here, I am Diego's mother who debuted in September with 10 years.The first happy year.

Maruchi, I take milk without lactose and some time ago I started giving Diego too, Poque complained about gases in the morning.You will see I have tried several brands and when Diego debuted I checked that lactose without the same hydrates as the normal one (I do not remember the brand he had in the fridge at that time), now I have gone to the frigo and I have that of Kaiku and effectivelyIt has less than the normal although I am giving it as if I had the same hydrates because in fact I thought it was.Look at other brands (Mercadona, Pascual or Lauuki) that surely have the same amount of hydrates as the normal LCHE and so you take off rolls.Diego Parace that this type of milk is working well because he complains less than gases.

Regarding tiredness in the case of my child I have not noticed anything weird, in fact I see him more agile, I think that because of the weight loss so great, what I notice is that he now has more dark circles and that he does not rise justWeight (in short, they will be obsessions and that I observe with magnifying glass).

And because of the dining room I have also stopped working this year and eats at home, but in school there is another younger child and stays a dining room without problems (it is the public school we have under home)

Courage to all and kisses

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
01/13/2011 5:03 a.m.

Thanks for your answers.

Anaa, I talked to diabetes educator right now and tells me that the kaiku (the one I give) as you say and I thought half, but I think it makes the effect of the other ... that is, he tellsThe same, at least for your body ... I will try tonight of giving it as if it were the other ... and Nando also has many gases so also the idea of ​​trying to give it vasty ... I also see very dark toNando ...

Velia, as soon as they call me from the hospital with the results of the samples I tell you.This uncertainty makes me bad.Well, it does not usually have up ... but well we are, still adjusting .....

About the bomb yesterday speaks with the educator ... I asked him and asked him to be sincere answering me to why not talk to me about the bomb, to nor name it ... he told me that here (in Mallorca) they have little experience with the bomb, that they only have been putting it for 3 years and that the first child I have put it in Barcelona ... He told me that here is missing team of educators and endocrine ... that she is only she and does not give a coarse ... I told her thatBecause it does not demand more personal, more team and told me that the center (Son Espasses University) does not want more personal ... I suppose what an economic issue as always ... ... so seen what is seen if one day I decide to put the bombI think I would not put it here ... I don't have much confidence ... Maybe the follow -up if but the one to put it on and give me some initial guidelines to do it in another city .........What Follon !!Does anyone recommend a good team in a city ???If one day I decide, I don't care to go to another city ... we all know that for our children we move whatever it takes ...

kisses

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
01/13/2011 5:48 a.m.

Thanks again for the answers;)

Thank you very much for the tips.

We after this last consultation with the endocrine and the results of hemoglobin g., We continue with the same guidelines, 13 daily portions, which more or less eat well although sometimes it costs theirs that begins to eat or do not refuse to do so to do so, the administration of 3 times daily of insulin (breakfast, food and dinner), the type of insulin: NPH and Humalog and the daily controls, we can eliminate the mid -morning or the snack, since regardless of how it is to thattime, we are going to give another ration equally (textual words)
Do you have this same protocol with your young children?Have you changed the guidelines?Something has gone wrong?or better?

I read you comment on the bomb ... and it gives me that this hospital are not supporters of it

helora's profile photo
helora
01/13/2011 8:35 a.m.

How much I am glad that this part is so crowded because a Monton helps.Adrian's diet has 19 HC rations plus meat and fish, something that is not eaten, when we leave the hospital as the poorfood has marked 6 and as Muxo eats 5 and rarely.Anyway, they are the ones who say what you want to eat and as long as the weight goes well there is no problem because I see the portions for it.We are now going on another bump and we no longer know if it has a morro (I think they are very ready a little) or it is that it really has some problem because it complains muxo from the belly (better that it has a morro).We started by removing sweetened things and now we have taken away a bottle of l-cases that we gave him the market 0% sugar x going testing, it is not a little breast that he has ever eaten badly and lately we are going badly, even the teacher has to call me all theMañns or because his head hurts (hip?) or because the sandwich is not eaten, I am going to make a monument in the PQ town square but has enough with her husband Q tb is diabetic and with 18 fierecillas that she hasIn class so that now I can get the attention, that if it has never put a bad face that we appreciates because we are having a bad time and everything joins.Greetings

mariape's profile photo
mariape
01/13/2011 1:35 p.m.

Hello, here I am again, before going to sleep.

The samples of the stool came out negative ... not bacteria or parasites ... and the truth is that I did not know whether to rejoice or not ... because a bacterium is given an antibiotic and ready and in this way the uncertainty follows ...

7 Cacas has made Nando today, tomorrow afternoon I go to the head pediatrician.They are not "ugly" but every time the Vater plays and this does not seem normal and at night (always after dinner) the explosion of gases with more liquid poop 8muy little), but the explosion of gases isTremendisima ... :(
Yesterday I already gave him the lactose milk ... Tomorrow I think I try a completely lactose diet (neither yogurts, or cheese, nor cookies with lactose), let's see ... I also take it to the pediatrician.I hope I don't tell me that they have to do a gastroscopy or some of this ... God .... I hope it is a gastritis or something and that with a special medication and diet the problem is fixed.

The truth is that I can no longer.

Tomorrow I tell you at night.

Kisses.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
01/13/2011 5:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.