{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Velia, Lucinere, Mariape, Alea, thank you very much for your words, I feel less alone.
Lucinere thanks for the Facebook pages, look above in another message of mine puts my email, I think that Velia has told me is what you have to look for, I don't know very well because I am a rookie in the face.I see that we have in common not being able to work.

Mariape ​​(I think you have been the one that you have put it is that I do not remember well) I first take it to school, then I return to 10:00 a.m.Or I hope if it is high to know where glycemia is going or if you need some insulin (less), and then return to 12 :: 00 or 12:30 more or less depending on how it was at 10:00 a.m., and then if the need I need at 13:30 (tends to go down) and then I stay in the school and at 2:00 p.m. we are both.Anyway, as you will see, I spend it "pipe" a little about tiredness, and also that feeling of restlessness that I feel when the girl is in school.

Well I'm going to control it as it is.

A hug

luci's profile photo
luci
12/15/2010 1:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Luci!My son is also five years old, he is diabetic since the three, he has insulin bomb.They are already a few years to go to school every day, I can at least work, because so far I have been able to put the insulin, but well you cannot stay in the dining room, with which my husband had to leave a job, alwaysWe go with the time stuck because when I arrive he leaves.As for the choles, it depends on who you have caught, in that of my son they are not very collaborating, it is often a matter of luck that they help you.Having a nurse will depend on the community where you live, but in general in all places they are reluctant to put a nurse, there are mothers who have managed to get a nurse in their school, regardless of whether they work or not, but I believe, as I tell you that these cases are a matter of luck and conducive circumstances (the current crisis is the perfect excuse).I am still fighting to attend to my son in Cole, where we live for the representatives of the administration have even suggested that there would have to be a copayment to serve children with diabetes in schools, what do you think?You can't be more scoundrel!

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/15/2010 5:29 p.m.

Luci welcome, I have only two months of diabetes with my 3 and a half year old son ... At the moment I still wait for the bomb classes .... I also have Facebook, I will try to add you with the mail.

Velia and Patricie thanks.So that I clarify ...
The 0% actimel has average ration
The normal actimel counts 1 ration
The sweetened yogurt has average ration
Normal yogurt has 1 ration or 1 and a half?
Petit suis told me that I had a ration and a half, is it possible?

With this I would be enough to bar a little ....:-/

Mariape ​​to my Nando also makes me some drops empicated like the one you have told ... to be at 250 to lower in an hour to 50 or things so morally destroy you ... it is incredible because before I "shit in everything"(and forgive for the expression) thinking that I could not eat gluten ... that I saw their friends to eat what they wanted and thought ... "How lucky and simple it is to take and give your child what I want, withoutHave to look at each ingredient or consult in my book Bible if that food can eat it or not ... "Now the thing is brutal ... I not only have to control the ingredients, but the times, the exercise, the emotions, the weather, whether or not he is ... as he is not going to be exhausting ... mentally especially ... I wake up at 2 in the morning to do a control ... and in the middle of the night I put myselfDiscuss if I give it milk, if not, what amount, if I put cereals (slow hydrates) to endure ... one or two ... I start looking at the notebook-diabia with everything pointed ... until aFocus I write it down ... let's go to the milk and that I put in bed again and keep going around the coconut because it is almost 5 and I do another control and at 7 I get up ... toGo to work of course ... exhausting ... And I also understand you when you talk about crying ... and they say that in life you cry to a total of a 5 -line carafe: shock: :?I think that it over long ago !!But well, it's what we have to live ... very hard but we still fight.Much encouragement.

I'm sorry for Toston, but I'm especially sensitive and Mariape's words felt them as if they were mine, I also curse this situation ... :(

Kisses to all.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
12/15/2010 5:37 p.m.

Mornita we have crossed, to see if we see each other one day, for me when you can.I feel like a lot and so Simon and Nando can play for a little while.

kisses

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
12/15/2010 5:40 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Luci, I'm glad you feel a little less alone;)
I read Maruchi and how similar are the sensations of almost all of us who live this situation ... how many unveys.... I say that this will have to be good for something, right?:)) ... When we are especially sensitive, we must positivize, and think about the fate that our children have of having pendietes parents, how many there will be, poor people, who do not have anything ...
Regarding school, it seems to me that this is still far from gettingThe situations that may arise in school (eye, much less say that you don't have to fight, huh?) .... It helped me a lot to teach Angela to do control from the age of 5, at 6The insulin injected, the milk, cereals, did it, we did it as a game, and liked to participate .... All this has allowed him to learn quickly and be a bit more autonomous, which is appreciated ....Sometimes I have thought, how good she controls him because I trust much more than she makes to leave the teacher's control or to anyone .... I still remember the only day my father could not goThe school (shortly after debuting) and the teacher forgot the picnic ...The teacher did not think it was so important (in fact I think that no teacher we have think about it :?).
Regarding the rations, Maruchi, I deduce that you do not know how to calculate them .... It is very easy if you observe the nutritional value of the food you will see that the information is based on 100 GRMS.product .... The first thing you have to look at is what weight is and after applying a simple 3 rule.

We imagine 0%yogurt.It is 125gr weight.If in the information it has 4gr.of carbohydrates that figure is for 100 grms.But as we have said that weighs 125, the calculation would be (3 rule)

100 ------------------ 4
125 ----------------- X

Yes per 100 gr.It has 4, for 125 gr.will have x gr.

We multiply in cross:

100 * x = 125 * 4

We clear the X:

x = (125 * 4)/100;x = 5

Therefore for 125 gr.They would be 5 gr of h c .... If we consider that 1 ration of HC, s are 10 grams, as 5 has given us, as half a ration.

I don't know if it lies it ...

The yogurt of flavors or sugary is 1.5 rations.
The petit suise is three quarters of raci'on.It is that the computer has distrusted me and the signs of punctuation do not work out well.And forget the fat, is that I have mere fat as a half or 1 raci'on m'as, depending on the quantity, but the petit suisse does not have so much ..

Kisses and good d'Aia.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2010 4:15 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello!But you have written in a few days, what a pleasure read. !!!!!
Welcome Luci !!!!You will see how all these calculations and head slices are simplified since in the end the meals we use are not so many and we are systematically calculated.Now, my farsightedness has hired in 2 years ajigantada marches and it is to read food labels.Now with the new European law I hope you write it in a somewhat larger size.
The controls are made by the teacher, who as my husband says it would be necessary to clone and distribute it throughout the Spanish geography.On the one hand it is lucky to meet someone who wants to collaborate and on the other hand it is also a matter of the school line, if they make efforts to help the one who is "different" for whatever reason.We went to talk to the director before schooling him to see if they were going to collaborate, and without specifying in anything he told us that they would do everything they were in their hands even put insulin if necessary.It was one of the themes we looked at when choosing school.(Of course, if you live in a city)
He is never as well controlled as you have it at home, that is also true.I have not dared to teach them the handling of the pump and if it is very high I will pick it up
Velia, finally I did the analytics to my son and it was less dramatic than last year since they found the vein to the first prick. (Last year I think they were 4)
We also have it since yesterday with the continuous meter again.They have left us another week since we told them that we had been short of 6 days to take advantage of him.Hata today has not been very precise, the truth.
Now, after the virus we are dislocated again with the glycemia.Uploading almost 33% the insulin of breakfast continues through the clouds.Let's see if the meter helps us.I think TB is growing something
Lena, how are you going, what happened to the Holter.Account if you feel like it.I hope everything is fine.
Well, I'm going to school for my beasts.This of bringing them to eat home is exhausting.
Many encouragement, there are more difficult times and I think it is very important to tell how we are, especially to those who understand how hard this is and the exhausting of not having a break at any time.
Kissesss

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
12/16/2010 6:34 a.m.

Velia, Santesteban, because I am happy here than a forgive, the Holter already put it on and did everything well, the truth is that these children are the releasing, if you saw how he wore the entire chest of wiring, stickers, and behind theBomb belt, tb another apparatus, let's say mom we have 2 bombs, imagine how would the thing we forget to take the booby to the hospital, and we went home again for him before taking her because the poorA lot of shame to be seen (when she does not care that she is seen the Bomb or not), it was like "robotin."All this because they do not have wiring for young children and put the same ones that would put an adult, they made a shirt with a redecilla because of course the cables were very long.Now, my daughter, how is a Marmota when sleeping did not bother him at all.

So, I am like a raft, calm tanquila calmly, it has nothing, your heart is perfect and the TB thyroid.: D: d

Luci welcome, here we will try to feel at home, those under TB I have them even though it is going to do almost 5 years since the diabetic debut, for me this disease is very tired, both physically and psychologically (for me for meIt's the worst), when you have a good time, I mean that glycemia have them "in a row of 2" I am fine, but oh friend .... When the time comes when diabetes decides to go for free ....plofff dowarry that gives me because I ended half crazy looking for why.In the end Serafín .. this is "our coupled diabetes"

Well, as you can notice for the tone with which the above writes I am in the period that glycemia have them "in a row of 2" and I feel happy;);), but do not tell anyone, and that it is recorded thatI am almost in a whisper because as the "friend diabetes" he hears me we already have it liada.Let's see if the thing does not twist for God who does not hear me!

Velia I'm going to do what you, how dumb I had not occurred to me, from now on at the breakfast and snackWhen we gave her first medical kit I put 1 glucometer, strips, a puncture (without a clear lancet), she makes controls to her dolls and when her friends come, controls are made to each other (worth seeing) and with aToy bomb they gave us in the hospital (it is a keychain) puts the insulin to the dolls.

Well family, a very big kiss.

Santesteban I'm glad that your little one is better, you will tell us how the sensor.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/16/2010 7:13 a.m.

I hope you like it as much as I liked.

My daughter has always been my "brave hero", his smile illuminates my life, his eyes tender me and when he tells me "mom I love you" ... I know that diabetes will not be able to with us.

DiabetesForo
12/16/2010 7:39 a.m.

I'm glad Lena for everything, here the theme school the truth that better than what I expected, Adrian's teacher helps us many but to prick him and that I am going to 1 and I do it but if he has to give something to himAt a certain time if there is no problem I can also enter and leave school whenever I want tb it is true that I do not make a fair noise, the nurse at school or think about it is a small town and since I do not pay it I do not believe.Since I debuted what I had most, it was to leave it alone at school but today x today is more controlled this PQ at the moment we have not had any scare (I play wood), to give it yogurts with sugar and things with sugar we do not do itUnless there is a hiccup, we prefer to avoid it but well, some chuche eats that tb is entitled to greet

mariape's profile photo
mariape
12/16/2010 12:47 p.m.

Good night!!!!

Santesteban, it is seen that you have already recovered ... I'm glad they did the analytics.And how lucky about your school.
In ours they have never hit us to enter, leave, and so on, but lexcept a teacher, Petri, who called me with his mobile although Angela wore his, and worried a lot, the others left in the hands of the girl orFrom my father the subject.
Lena .... Wellnnnnnnnn !!!!As I am glad to read you again, Lena has returned, the one with great paragraphs, with great tips .... Ale, to dysfurt !!!!!
Maruchi, how good that he is controlled in school, to me the first years seemed to me everything so unpredictable .... Let's go a luxury to find stability, to that together my fear that I would give him a downturn in the school, because that, that a little uphill was done to me ...

By the way, Becky Woman enters and tell us something, as the kids go, how about your puzzles:-/ ... and the same for Mani ... you have to see what abandoned you have.

Kisses and good day to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2010 4:24 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Without words, I have been speechless.What a beautiful video, I have seen my child and I have seen me, it has excited me a lot.
Thank you

luci's profile photo
luci
12/17/2010 2:40 a.m.

Congratulations, Lena.I'm glad of such good news.

Health to all.

DiabetesForo
12/17/2010 10:07 a.m.

I'm glad a lot lena.You will have removed a great weight from top.
The video caught me soft and cried like a "Magdalena."But what is true that they are heroes, sometimes I forget the added load that they carry in their lives and I do not value how well it hears it and how it behaves.
Velia, now, after swallowing all the coughs and muffins of my children, I have it as expected.As I have no fever, I approve well.
Kisses to all

santesteban
12/17/2010 11:46 a.m.

Thanks girls.
Santesteban I'm the same as I look like Mocosete hahaha
I wanted to ask you a little thing, look at how you know at the last review of the girl I was not (for my mood), to see how I tell you, well ... my girl as I have already commented on occasion is very thin, eat veryWell but there is no one who fattens her, (it is because of genetics, at the time they did the wrist test to confirm that everything was fine and so), total that I am going ... the endocrine told my husbandThat the girl was so good that she could drink fat, that she had to give her more to gain a little, weighs 16 kilos and is already 5 years old ... what I say the spirit of the candy, pen weight, in short, myHusband did not ask anything about it and I wonder what fats do I have to give it?What food would make it fat?Because of course I take the fat (therefore of cholesterol) and of course it happened to me.What would you give it to eat to gain weight?

Another question is any of you given churros or batons to your children?I mean those of a lifetime churrería. How much do you think would be a churro?I do not know I want to think that 2 churros would be something like 1.50RATION and one corner I don't even have the most remote idea.

Have if you go here and you can help me.

DiabetesForo
12/17/2010 2:17 p.m.

Precious Lena I as Santesteban I have taken a cry, if everything that they say especially that have happened in their short life that some will never live in their life is.

I read something some time that I also liked it a lot I hit you here

How does God choose the mother of a diabetic child?

By Erma Bombeck

Many women become mothers by accident, others by decision, some by social pressure and a pair by custom.

Have you ever wondered how the mothers of a diabetic child are chosen?

Somehow I visualize God around the Earth selected its propagation instruments with great care and consideration.

While observing, he instructs his angels to take notes in a large notebook.
“Armstrong, Beth, son.Holy Patron: San Mateo ”.“Forrest, Marjorie, daughter.Holy Patron: Santa Cecilia ”.

Finally, he gives a name to an angel and smiles, "give him a son with diabetes."
The angel asks curious, “Why this, God?She is very happy. "
“Exactly, God smiles.Could you give a child with diabetes to a mother who doesn't know laughter?That would be cruel. ”

"But is you patient?" Asked the angel.

“I will be by her side every minute of every day of her life because she is sure to do my job as if she were here by my side.I do not want it to have a lot of patience because it will drown in a sea of ​​self -pity and despair.Once the shock and resentment have passed, you can handle it.Today I observed it.It has that knowledge of itself and independence that they are so rare and necessary in a mother.You will see, the child I am going to give him has his own world.She has to make the child live in her world and that will not be easy. ”

"But, God, I don't think he even believes in you."

God smiled."It doesn't matter.I can fix that.This is perfect.It has enough selfishness. ”
The angel is surprised."Selfishness?Is that a virtue? "

God nods."If you can't separate from the child occasionally, you will never survive."
“Yes, here is a woman whom I will bless with little less than perfection.She still does not realize, but she will be envied.I will allow you to clearly see the thing I see ... ignorance, cruelty, prejudice ... and I will allow you to rise above all that.She will never be alone. "

"And what will be your holy patron?" Asked the angel ready to write with his pen.

God smiled ... "It will suffice with a mirror."

DiabetesForo
12/17/2010 3:29 p.m.

Good Saturdays, what are you?
Lena I have ever given him a churro of and I have told a fat ration and two fine tb a ration, the batons did not dominate them, the PQ touches on Tuesday chocolate to see how we do this of celebrating everything eating it is a roll.As for the fats, Adrian is very good weight at the best one a bit thin but as I do not worry about the tb fats it is true that in my house we do not eat muxas either.Now a question that I ask when they vomit and they cannot eat anything that you give them, Adrian is not to vomit what happens to me but of course I had to be the first and it was tonight we have tried to give cookie but nothing x what whatWe have chosen to give it sugar twice and about 7 gr or less and it seems that we have worked that today it will recover because we will have to go to the emergency room that you pass good mñn chao

mariape's profile photo
mariape
12/18/2010 4:42 a.m.

Good afternoon.
MARIAPE: When he vomits a lot and does not tolerate anything at all, under the basal of the pump at 0.1 and I give sugar and mini sips of water, I mean like you tonight.The last time I vomiting the dinner as soon as I took it and I had the whole bolus on it, I gave it a chups, and for what had never eaten one it was good although it did notminate you.
Lena speaking of fat I would give you toast of bread with olive oil to bother or snack, homemade mayonnaise with fish if you like it, blue fish, croquettes, avocado in salad if you like it, good of bananas and nuts.Mine peanuts and nuts deprive him.What is not the square bolus for the nuts how long put it since I think they rise quite late.Cured cheese in sandwiches, good pates .... it depends so much on what you like.
We have been bad for the first time, a catheter of the long obliques were obstructed.It was mid -afternoon almost 400 since the catheter had only one day and I could not believe that it had been obstructed since it had never happened.The meter and its sudden arrows made us see it clear although late.When the catheter was removed, he had the bent tip.I think it has the hard puncture area and that the fabric no longer absorbs it.
On the thigh, although hospital nurses tell me to put the leg, it has so little subcutaneous tissue that I dare not put an oblique.If I knew that the short ones, straight they were not going to take off and obstruct it.For now I think that what I am going to do is to prick him a little more outside the quadrant supero external of the gluteo that is where he always click.In addition to something higher in the zincurilla, do you have modified the place of puncture in gluteo ever?
But what a mother's noche !!!!!
Well.Then I will continue that the little one wakes up.

santesteban
12/18/2010 10:24 a.m.

My mother, what you have written !!I don't know how long I have been reading, hehehehe, it's nice to see the animated forum.
Luci, welcome, I have also tried to add you to Facebook, my little one is also 5 years old and debuted with 22 months.He has been bombing for just over a year and the truth is that he changes his life with her.
Lena, as I told you, I am glad that the little one was nothing, what a champion with all that hanging there ...
Maruchi, mood woman, you'll see what you soon do with everything.We will always have low gusts, but little by little everything improves.
You talked about works and choles.Well, I also had to stop working because in my school, null collaboration, nothing at all, so going and coming all morning to school too.
I also join the club of mockery mothers, often trancazo that I have caught.
Tomorrow we have an annual review, fearing, I am, more than anything because noe has blood extraction fatal and that this is the most important "exam" of the whole year.Let's see how, I'll tell you.
Well, nothing.I'm glad reads all here, as Velia, Mani and Becki says, that you have abandoned ... :))
Kisses to kids and mamis ...

DiabetesForo
12/20/2010 11:43 a.m.

Hello everyone !!

Mariape ​​Mira I When the little one is with vomiting I give water, in 100ml it has 6.3 of hydrates, 1 ration is 158ml so half a ration is 60ml, it is the only thing that tolerates when it is with vomiting, I am giving it with syringeTo little every 10 minutes or quarter of an hour, if you have hypogglycemia, I give the watercolor with a dissolved glucosport.Then little by little and since he does not wantGeneral rule to the second or third day are already beginning to eat something even half portions.

Santesteban to the girl for 3 years that we put catheters on the thighs, we rotate gluteo, thigh, gluteo, thigh.They have ever bothered him and we have had to remove from the thigh, the thigh in my daughter is saturated before because it has few meats, it is the spirit of the treat.

Marcita you will tell us how everything has been in the annual review.

I'm leaving that the little one comes to me.greetings

DiabetesForo
12/22/2010 7:43 a.m.

Lena: but it is the short catheter of 6mm or the oblique of 13mm.It is that the 13 is too much for a thigh that moves so much.

santesteban
12/22/2010 12:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.