{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Maruchi: Even at the risk of making mistakes, I believe that the solution for the good control of Nando is the bomb, if you want I can pass you the phone of a friend who has a baby with Celiaquia and diabetes, you talk to her and tell you.I sincerely still see a problem carrying diabetes with a fixed guideline, that is, every day the same rations and the same amount of insulin, type food 3 rations-198, I know that this is what most of the majority of theEndocrine, but does not work, and less in a child.With the pump, at least they will have to provide a hydrates/insulin ratio, 1 ration of hydrates/0.3 units to give an example, so you can already make your food more flexible and adapt it in this case to special foods for celiacs.
The theme of seeing "weird" the child with the bomb we have already treated it here on occasion, it happens to almost all, to some more and others less, it depends on the relief that the bomb provides you :)).Because it is very active, do not worry, the bombs endure, here most children have more or less the age of your child and carry the bomb normally, but at first the issue of how to put it on,It will break, it will start, it does not usually happen.
We decided to put the bomb my son because although the hemo was good, the control was very difficult, we had to prick many times, like you three times slow a day, many others quickly, in the end also in the snack, hypos at night, in short a disaster.My son never got used to the punctures and I didAvoid it.Of course the control improved, before the same thing that now cost us an effort and huge attention, now sometimes with almost carefree we always achieve a hem below 7, and it is not just my son, most children I know with bombThey have the hemo below 7 or touching, so it won't be so bad.Well I leave it, we always end up the same, that it seems that I go to commission.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/03/2010 3:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Very good,
Uyyyyyyy, how cold we are for Badajoz, 2nd right now, there is no one to stop on the street.
Maruchi, your doubts about the bombs I think we have all had them, or I at least, and as I told you, it cost me more "accept it" than Noe.We have been a problem of infection for more than a year, I don't see it "sick" (to put it in some way) for taking the bomb all day and she put much less.Noe is also very active and moves a lot in bed but lies with the pump in the belt and has never had any problem.
I hope they don't take training much more and put it soon.
Lucinere, I believe that your little girl already has that age when she begins to be more aware of things, when they are smaller everything is more natural and they barely notice differences, already with more age they begin with that they do not want them to see her to prick, that the bomb is not seen ... of everything we will have to pass.Cheer up.
And here nothing more, that we are presented with 5 days of bridge and we start tomorrow with food and meet, total, na.
Kisses and good day.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/03/2010 3:43 a.m.

Hello again, I am Sergio's father, with debut at the 9ñitos a month and a half ago, as new soms in the forum, the truth is that we do not know very well where he places our doubts and experiences, until we let go a little,Our case is the following, we are with the honeymoon and of course we have had an lack of control of Aupa, with hypos in the middle of the morning, between the afternoon, almost every time, depending on the day, this is almost controlled, we have lowered the Lantusto 4ths and humalog between 1 and 2 doses, from when it began that there were 17 of Humalog, now their glcemics range from 76 or 106 two hectares before breakfast, two hours after dinner between 141 or 325, yesterday inParticular, these are the values ​​with which we are, on Tuesday 30 we went to the endocrine and do the sicolibial hemoglobin and gave 8.1, high but in so little time he told us that it was normal, that it would already go down, they made usTo my wife and a small test with questions about diabetes and well the truth, with what we have read in books, internet and for the little experience we have failed a question, but that according to the endocrine also normal in the short time thatWe carry, we told him that there are times that Sergio stays with a little hunger and we uploaded 2 rations at breakfast, we told him that we want that when he could pointed us for a bomb for his quality of life, and friends put on a littleTense the thing, that if at the moment impossible, that if there are few bombs as a result of the crisis, that every four months they meet and value to see who needs it more, which only give one every four months at most, in short a MogollonOf stories so that we say that we will leave it for the moment, but I lasted as a stone insisNo, if it seems to us that our child will not see the bomb until he marries, if he marries, but here in this community it is like that, greetings and thanks for your advice

serjupman's profile photo
serjupman
12/03/2010 6:09 a.m.

Ministry of Health and Consumption:
SCO/710/2004 order, of March 12;B.O.E.No. 68 of March 19, sheet 12217

Recommendations for the selection of susceptible patients of the indication of insulin pumps:

1. Patients diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in a state of gestation or who have maintained, at least six months before adopting the insulin pump, within a multiple injections program, at least three daily, and that have required frequent self -adjustments ofThe insulin dose.

2. That they have completed an educational program on diabetes care.

3. that prove an average frequency of four daily glymia autocontrols during the two months prior to the adoption of the pump.

4. That, keeping in multiple injections, experience some of the following circumstances:

• glycosylated hemoglobin & GT;7.0%.
• Recurrent hypoglycemia history.
• Wide variations in preprandial blood glucose.
• Alba phenomenon with glycemia that exceed 200 mg/dl.
• History of severe glycemic deviations.

Eye! They are recommendations does not mean that it is an obligation, the endocrine has to prescribe that to start.They also put a lot of fights, but in the end they put it on.Now there is crisis, and cuts but many times they are reluctant because at first the bombs give them more work, courses, dedication to the patient, a narrower follow -up and not all hospitals have enough staff and the desire to do so.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/03/2010 6:41 a.m.

Welcome to be Jupman, as you say the principle is so "with a lack of control of Aúpa" the truth is that it is a bit durillo, but over time it is softening.

Look at me a year or that of debuting my daughter recommended the book "Type 1 diabetes in children, adolescents and young adults" by Dr. Ragnar Hanas, it is a very complete book, enjoyable, easy to understand and that resolves many doubts,Tell you absolutely everything.It came very well.

Regarding the bomb, then ... there are endocrine that recommend it and others that are like a word "taboo" in many cases matter of money, I allow myself to recommend that you first soak a little on the subject of the bomb, so that whenYou will raise it again in the consultation you have enough knowledge to be able to refute the endocrine.

I know about some parents who, when they raised the theme of the bomb, the first answer they received was a no for what?It's fine like that!On the part of the endocrine (sometimes for money, sometimes due to ignorance ...), over time and based to refute they got a way.I encourage you to consider the moment you will raise it again.

A hug

DiabetesForo
12/03/2010 7:33 a.m.

I answer briefly to see what hours are and I here with the computer ...

Maruchi, how lucky your child is.I wish I would never have tried gluten's delights, because sincerely ... Pa what to deceive us, food without him knows, the great majority of the time, disgusting.Removing the kiss that comes out superior with cornmeal and four more nonsense (biscuits are also good, at least those my mother does hehehe) is quite sad.

I would encourage you to try.I know that it looks like a jaleo, but if you do not get bored (or at least, I get bored infinite) tomorrow I look at the boats that are vice and put the march, that I honestly do not remember.I am surprised what you say about celiacy as something not limiting ... Maybe when he grows and you have to deal with the transgressions to the diet (which will be, even if they are very sporadic, whatever you want) do you change) change it as a way of seeing it.I'm sorry, but I can take it with sugar care, but right now I can't touch: pastries, pastry, pizzas, hamburgers, kebaps (for putting us in junk food, which is what is consumed at 16),Empanadas, empanadillas, any kind of battering (and there are many rebobed things) half of the sausages because they add gluten thickeners, many sauces (if not all of the restaurants) my favorite cereals (Special K, which are flakes ofCorn but with malt that is supposed to be taken), chocolates (by thickeners) coconut balls, mazapanes, chucheías, snacks, sandwiches ... is that I do not finish with the list if I start thinking about it, really.For me it is insufferable.And that I am carrying out but that very well and I only lack 3 tenths to enter normal values.

In the end.That you will tell me.
Good night to all

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
12/03/2010 8:55 p.m.

Good afternoon!!!
How are those kids, well and not so small ????
Santesteban, how was the review?In the end you could do the analytics?I hope that at this point it has already been recovered.
Being that hem is normal to the debut, you have to adjust and you will see how the next one will be better.With respect to the bomb, keep insisting ...

Kisses and good afternoon.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/09/2010 12:02 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well, I have not been able to do the anlitic with so much holiday plus its 5 days of fever.He touched the review tomorrow but I have the other son with such fevers (better no home sacrlo) and also without analytical so I will postpone it.Tomorrow I call you
With the glycemis of these days we will have sudden hemo some tenth.What anger !!
I will see if I give dinner and soon packing them that the poor little one is weakened.
Kissesss

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
12/09/2010 1:51 p.m.

Hello everyone, for all it rains and we can leave.X HERE ADRIAN has given us a little scare with a hypo, to get to delir and everything in the middle of the hyper but well he has been remedied but the scare is not who does not remove it.The problem has been that a lot has been expected to say it also had just eaten a sandwich but it had not started to rise yet, well the holy hand juice and nothing to follow.On Monday we have to see how it goes out, we believe that well pq is very controlled but I will say it.Greetings for all

mariape's profile photo
mariape
12/11/2010 1 p.m.

Very good,
Santesteban, I hope they recover soon, what a streak of virus we carry ...
Mariape, the scare takes to take off but the good thing is that it remedied quickly, already more and more experts ...: D
Velia, how are you?
NOE here caught a pharyngitis virus and you have been pochina three or four days, but it is already better and is looking forward to Wednesday that is the Christmas festival of its school and a carol is going to sing ... :))
I hope the other moms and kids are well.
Kisses for all.

DiabetesForo
12/13/2010 4:04 a.m.

Good morning, well, yesterday I started and a 6.9 we seem that we waited for less but well this is not bad already signed with which it was always like that, also the 3cm uncle has grown in 3 months at this step it catches me soon.This mñn has risen with 200, the first time, we believe that it has been because last night we click on the thigh and normal is always in the arms we will see how the day occurs.All the best

mariape's profile photo
mariape
12/14/2010 4:20 a.m.

Good d'Eas Papis !!!!
Santesteban, I hope that at this time they have already been fully resigned ... a hug
Marcita, in any way it shows that noe is immunizing .... or; ​​or a champion is made ...;)
Mariape, enhroabuena for that magn'ifica hemo ... I already believe it, tdo a mask ...
For many glyc'emicas, last week, the rule came to him, and the case was that with the women who talk about the subject, he tells the opposite.Prior to the greater rule of insulin requirement and when bass comes ... and tonight we with 300: shock: continue observing.

Read the threads that subtract me and put myself to the l'io.

Kisses and good d'Aia.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/14/2010 4:53 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

hello good,

Here we continue more or less the same ..
Nando continues with its ups and downs and the endocrine changing my guidelines every week ...
I have gotten a lower dawn (about 100) but it has also hit me some good scares in school (hypos at 10.30) ...
So much affects your children if you take an anger or if you punish them?Nando gets to 300 how it punishes him and angry with him ...: s will be a tactic so that I do not get angry with him?: S hehe ... it's incredible but it's always like that ...

Today I have a new guideline ... I already tell you how to ...
Apart from the sweetened yogurts that do you give the children the most?Can you tell me some yogurts/desserts that you use?If they are gluten without better ...:-/

Kisses and thanks!

Marcita, I already have the prick you told me, now I will see if he has less marquitas ... They asked me in the peninsula, here in the Balearic Islands did not have ... only that I also provided it and gave me the impression that IDolia more than the black of Acu-Chek ... but Nando does not hurt or complains so well :), to see if I see less "holes" in a time ... thanks once again!

sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
12/14/2010 3:05 p.m.

Hello!!!I have been, I have finally encouraged, I have been reading you for some time.
I have a 5 -year -old boy debuted 1 year ago, I still have my downturn (I don't know if it will spend someday), we are waiting for the bomb, they have already given us the workshop and in January they put it.I know it is the best decision we have made for a long time but I until the day I think I will be uneasy.
My son takes it well, he has his moments of cries but not many, I hope that when they put the pump and seeing that the punctures are reduced, everything goes much better.
Well for now I do not have much to tell, little by little I will be released, I would like to be able to meet and chat with other parents who have children with an age similar to that of my little one and share doubts, experiences ... is that in this heSometimes you feel a bit alone.Recently I have added to Facebook (I stand a little, to me it is that these advances cost me a little) I am Lucia Sanchez, I do not know if with this data it is enough, well to the face I will go tb doing little by little.

All the best

luci's profile photo
luci
12/15/2010 3:13 a.m.

Good morning!!!!

Luci, welcome home ... I hope you find yourself agusting among us ... my daughter debuted with 5, although now she is on her way to 13, and she is also a bomber for some years, so some experience we do.... Your restlessness is completely normal, the unknown always restless and I think it has happened to us, but do not hesitate to be the best you can offer to your little one.
Tell us your doubts, your concerns and we will try to lend you a hand.By the way, where are you from? ... I don't know if you can look for you on Facebook, I think it's with email, I'm not putting anything on: oops: :)) :))
Lena, I do not know if today or tomorrow is when the little one puts the Holter.You tell us to see how everything has gone.
Maruchi, to see if in the end you give with the guideline that is more stable ... the desserts, anyone, if you refer to dairy products, petit suisse, I consider it as 3/4 of ration by fat,Actimel, if it is 0% they are 1/2 ration, if not, they have 1. There are in Mercadona Flanes without added sugar that have 1 ration, these that I tell you have no idea whether or not they have gluten.There is sugarless jelly, Angela doesn't like it, so I don't remember the rations she has.You can also make custard of those of Royal and the sweeteners (I don't know if you know the tagatosa), I once made them calculated on a ration every custress ... you can give it curd, it is that you can really give everything, onlyYou have to take into account the rations it has.

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/15/2010 5:41 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia thank you very much for answering, the truth is that sometimes I feel very alone in terms of my son's diabetes.
Now I have been controlled and I was fine, I have given him a ration and have such.This is another thing that tires me more every day, I cannot work, because I have to go to school, do controls and if it is high to put insulin.And the truth is that in the body is weighing.
How do you do it?

I am not considering changing school, fighting for a nurse, I am investigating a little but things seem very difficult, and of course they now put on the bomb I think it will be crazy.

I have seen that there are many children with bomb, Marcita, Mornita, Santesteban ... how do they carry it?When playing, when sleeping ... Does the catheter puncture hurts a lot?
hahaha velia If the advances do not go with me, my email is For those who want me to add (I think it is said so)

luci's profile photo
luci
12/15/2010 6:34 a.m.

First give you the bihenvenida Luci I am Alejandro's mother is 3 years old and diabetes since the 1, my little one is also a fireman you will see that well when they put the bomb everything becomes a bit more bearable.Regarding whether the punctures of the change of catheter hurt, Alejandro only puts a minute ice in the puncture area and does not complain anything at all.

Maruchi I desserts Alejandro only give actimel, petit suises and both sweetened and sugar yogurts, until recentThis carries gluten, custard, flan etc. we do not eat at home but I think in Mercadona you have some flags without part of the gelatin that Velia tells you.

I tell you that before the Alejandro bridge he got Malito with a gastric virus they called me from the school because I had vomited and I was with 52 glycemia, I arrived home with 46 and after giving sugar at 15 minutes I had 46 again, we returned toGive 4 or 5 tablespoons of sugar and at 15 minutes I had 38, we were scared and called the hospital told me to take it and they entered me to put an dropper, he recovered quickly and normalized the blood glucose immediately but they did not want to let us go we hadthan ask for voluntary.Think that they did well?We did not want to enter and force us, when we arrived at the hospital he was already recovering he had a blood glucose of 72 would not have been better than before clicking a dropper and making him pass that drink would have tried with oral serum there were if he assimilated it and be observed.

DiabetesForo
12/15/2010 9:43 a.m.

Hello, Luci, welcome to the club.

I am also the mother of a diabetic girl who is precisely 17 years old and who debuted with 8. He also has a bomb for almost 2 years.
The bomb greatly improves the quality of life, and is very codes for children.As for the puncture, it hurts a little more than with the ball, but it is every three days, and, in addition, there are some anesthetic creams that you can use so that it does not hurt anything.

I have already added you to the face.Do not be afraid to raise any questions.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/15/2010 9:59 a.m.

Welcome to the new people, Luci I TB I will control every morning at 1 to the little PQ leaves at 2, lately as they are rehearsing the Christmas function because as they throw me so that I do not see anything, jokes apart orI or my husband have to be here in the town to do that this morning I had to go to the doctor to the capital and he has not gone to work for staying to do the test that by the way he had 280 at 1 a then he has laterI had sport and it has reached 2 with 56, crazy, but well now if I have to cry I do it without anyone seeing me and I curse the situation alone, in front of the PQ the less the topic is commented the better.All the best

mariape's profile photo
mariape
12/15/2010 10:48 a.m.

Hi Luci (I've been for this forum for a short time), I am also a mama of a 7 -year -old girl who debuted when I was four.
I did not work either, before when I only had Lucia my mother was going to look for her school and gave her food, she called me on the phone and I told her what she had to do ... but now that I have the 18 -month -old girl, as I cannot leave her at two, because that, I have to stay to me, with what that means, not work here not only loses rights, me too ...
I also have Facebook, mainly to talk to friends and some breasts of children with diabetes that I know, I usually visit a page called Diabetic Mothers Club and another demanding polls in schools to serve diabetic children who are very interesting ...I have tried to locate you for Lucia Sanchez but I get many of me and I don't know what you are.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
12/15/2010 12:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.