{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Very good,
I lack a few days and what you have written!
UF, I can't think of the mixtures either, since NOE debuted they put him a lesspress (and that he was 22 months old) and Novorapid and always with a pen, so the syringes and mixtures have not come to know them.
As for the minimum value in the gluco, I think they were twenty, but she so campaign playing ball in the patio ...
For that stage of the "why" I think we have all happened, the truth is that Noe is very mentalized and has no longer asked me again.I always told him that each person had one thing, I have glasses, his father suffers from his back, his friend Paula bleeds his nose ... And so he was convinced.She does not consider himself a sick man, simply knows that the lack of insulin and for that he has the bomb ... and does not go around.
Ah!I have not welcomed you to the new ones, you are at your home.
And little else.You have a good day (although cold and rainy)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/30/2010 5:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What you say Marcita of "being sick", mine and looks that he carries bad things like injecting and getting controls in public (sometimes) is not considered sick, the truth is that I do not see it as such ... the world dayFrom diabetes we were watching the news and started talking about diabetes and starting diabetes, that disease etc etc... !! as if the journalist had said a fool.
I explained that she had a lack (insulin) but that she had treatment, that she would get sick if not use it so they say illness.

Tonight I have forgotten to put the Lantus at 12 at night, at 4 he has come to my bed telling me that I was hungry, I measure him and 430, I put insulin and when I put myself in bed he comes to mind that I don'tI had put it, I got up running but of course, I didn't know what to do, put the same units, put less, so I have put 1 less ... that I have felt please ... as I could have beenpass.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/30/2010 8:19 a.m.

Today I'm Pocha: X I have discomfort and lazy.So I am not very inspired to write, I only enter to encourage Lucinere, to all at some point we have ever forgotten insulin ... and if not, we have surely doubted whether we put it or not ... There are manyThings to take into account and sometimes it is impossible to control everything, and more being onlyThe day.

To all many kisses (well, kisses not to put you: d) and good night.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/30/2010 2:35 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much Velia, it has not been wrong at all, it has come to eat with 170, to eat I have given you 1 more ration because it had physical education after and it has left high in the afternoon because the class has been theoretical and after skating,Half an hour before dinner was 58 ... I thought it would be worse.
Are you cooled or what?Well take care of yourself, it's already a whop ...

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/30/2010 4:31 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Here held, still Pochilla.A little discomfort and laziness .... I have taken an ibuprofen and "Jay"
Lucinere I'm glad it was fine.

To which you commented the other day, Angela spent a fatal era, said that it was better not to be born and things of that guy ... It is best not to give it much importance because if they do not sink you ... it is so, and it is whatThat has played ... I may be a bit resounding with this, but I don't like to falter in front of her.

Maruchi, Lena, Ucane, how are you going?

Marcita, how is these cold ones ???Go the one that is falling through the earth.

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/01/2010 3:42 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good morning!!!
I had a great leg of leg worse than yours Lucinere.I put David recently debuted (a couple of months) the dose in Lantus that had to put Humalog and vice versa.I had not slept anything and the issue of clicking was just mine because my husband did not dare. I am sure that we all spent things.And it is true that then they help us to be more alert-attempt to every thing we do.
David is vomiting fever and laryngitis.I had never seen him so thrown.Glycemia per hour controlled making malavares clear.
We have the annual review next week and I think we will not be able to do the blood anlitic in time.
Take care of Velia !!!A hot chocolate tacic is a good medication too.
Kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
12/01/2010 4:30 a.m.

Very good,
Velia, pretty, take care of yourself, the truth is that we are having a while ...
At the moment we are not doing badly, I touch wood with Noe, that is great, some mucus but without going to older ones and I also more recovered and animated.
Yes, it is true, we have ever happened to a control, a dose, we have doubted ... and what will have to happen, but while we solve ... nothing happens.
We have endo and annual review on 21, fear gives me because noe extractions takes them worse than bad.
Kisses and to improve the pochitos.

DiabetesForo
12/01/2010 4:37 a.m.

Good morning to my little family !!!

It seems that I am better, the father and my little one have already come from the quarterly review, I have not wanted to go, nor did I want to hear too much, does it happen to you ever or that is that I am that weird?

In principle the analyzes well, everything perfect, velia el o la (I do not know what the article) perfect thyroid, perfect cholesterol, we are doing everything perfect, there were crops that have not yet arrived, the endocrine has told us that the controlsVery well, some undercar to control but it seems that everything has seen it well, few hypoglycemia (she puts all the pump data and glucometers on the computer and makes their statistics) and that the objectives are fulfilling them.Glico remains 6.7.

On the 9th they put the Holter (I think it is written like this), today there was tb a little tachycardial, the doctor has said little, we will see that the cardiologist says on the 10th when they take off the apparatus.

Look your calm as they have already told you to have happened on occasion, especially to those who take it alone, I really admire you, really, because this disease is very hard to take it alone.The important thing is that you knew how to solve it and that your girl is like castanets.

Santesteban I hope your little one gets good prompt, poor thing has gathered everything.

Velia take care of yourself that we need here, I love reading you I learn a lot with you.

Marcita A tí I have already felt in the face.

The others send you a big hug and a warm kiss.

There if I'm encouraging, I'm already in it, and I write if not every few days.

To the others

DiabetesForo
12/01/2010 6:43 a.m.

Hello everyone.
I am new in this forum, I am the mother of a 14 -year -old teenager, with dire controls.
Mireia, she is my daughter, she I think she has assumed her illness, because she does not show her in front of friends or anything like that, but when she wants to hurt us, she is the same, so many people that there are precisely to me, she curses her diabetes enough.
Although we have always made him see that each one has a problem, and she has touched that, as the allergy, and also had a bad time when I have a crisis.The way is that he only complains when he has to punch, but ..........
Well I don't roll up anymore.
Greetings

bailarina's profile photo
bailarina
12/01/2010 2:28 p.m.

Thanks Lena and thanks also to everyone.

Nando uses Flexpen's NPH Insulatard and Novorrapid from Flexpen and put everything with syringe.
At 8 in the morning I mix (quickly) the quickAnd 1 Fast unit with 1.5 slowly and at the time of dinner I put between 0.5 and 1 fast unit (as in food) + 1.5 slow (once again) ... Keep dawn high.... yesterday I speak with the endocrine and told me that the effect of Alba only appears in the adolescent stage and not on such young children ... that possibly needs slower ... he told me to climb the slow 0.5 more...but that at 23 I gave some milk ...
He has also been with a lot of cough and a little moquitos ... but when they say that glycemia rises when you incubate something, it refers only to the moment of incubation (days before and first of the cold) or also during every day of the cold?...: s

Yesterday they made the first glycosilada .... 8.5 .... a lot ... yes ... but we have been ... and I guess here the debut period enters that they are always so high ... I supposethat for a few days (before knowing that it was diabetic) it should be constantly in high figures and in this "8.5" those days should also be reflected?

Do you think that by having Celiaquia can it be a more difficult diabetes to control?It is also a problem of the immunological system ... could it be?I hope no ...

Thanks once again.And forgive that I always do on asking, but for the moment I do not have the experience to comment on the situations of the other breasts ...

Thank you.

a kiss.

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
12/02/2010 4:18 a.m.

By the way Velia, I hope you get better as soon as possible, I always read you with great attention, I trust your experience.

By the way, who do you have Facebook?
I leave my email in case you want to add any of you.<!
Sometimes I connect a little while at night and it would be great to coincide with some of you and talks for a little while, we also know each other a little better.

Another kiss.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
12/02/2010 4:29 a.m.

Good morning!!!!
I am improving, although I am not 100%yet, thank you very much: d.
Santesteban, to see if David is improved.Go fabric with the viruses of the very :(. And the theme is always annoyed before the endo:-/. Let's see if you improve and you can do the analytics. You already tell us.
Lena, I'm glad you're better.To my TB.I sometimes enter those fears, I would like not to go to the doctor, and not hear ... unfortunately I have no choice, but yes, from time to time it would not be bad for his father to take care of certain things .... Congratulations!!!Pedzzo Hemo, and without hypos, we will have to go to celebrate it, huh ??? .... I'm glad that the analytics has done so well.
Ballerina, welcome to the thread ... 14 years, fear gives me, that Angela is on her way to 13 and logically her glycemia cannot be the same as when you have them of your hand, however involved they are, however well they control... my desire is to teach him the more possible to take it for effect when he is alone ... I have already read you in the presentation, I tell you as a regina, if you have discarded that I eat hidden or that the insuliina is not put, then your solution is in the insulin pump ... here we are many firefighters, so ask what you want and if you are convinced, suggest it to the endo as soon as possible ...
Maruchi, Angela's endo also that smaller LOD need more insulin the first hours of the night and less to dawn, against adolescents whose alba effect is more pronounced ... however Angela has long needed more insulin at dawn... go mess.A hem from 8.5 to so little from the debut is not bad, they usually have quite high hemoglobins when they debut and then go down significantly, do not hurry so too, it is time of settings so that the figures are as acceptable as possible, you will see howThe next one is much better .... By the way, how about the theme bomb? ... regarding celiacism, we have friends who have a celiac and diabetic child and their control is quite good, if you learn to count rations,And to interpret the nutritional value of food will give you the same as they are one type or another, although my friend complained that celiac cookies had more sugar than the others ... It is a matter of seeing.I have Facebook, but I enter very little.Let's see if I add you.
Marcita, Becky, Mani, to all a kiss and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/02/2010 5:40 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good,
Lena, congratulations, go more good, so much effort has its reward.I'm very happy to hear it.
Ballerina, welcome to this house, how bad your girl, I still have a lot for that.
Maruchi, I have already added you to the face, I also enter every day, to see if we agree and throw another talk.Do not worry, that hemo with only two months of the debut is not bad, little by little it will go down.Noe carries a Samana, or something less that requires more insulin at sunset and dawn, if there are effects at all hours and come to adjust the basal.
Velia, I'm glad you better have you sent you the letter for the presentation of the protocol?
Well nothing, kisses to distribute.

DiabetesForo
12/02/2010 9:25 a.m.

Maruchi, there is a closed group of the Ruta de la Plata on Facebook.I send you the link by private message, in case you want to join.
Health

DiabetesForo
12/02/2010 9:42 a.m.

My God, what a loss lately ... I have too much work on top and I entertain myself on the Internet in a thousand things less to answer you (that you read you)

Maruchi, diabetics + celiac to speech.I didn't know that it was also ... I didn't read it.I was diagnosed with 6 months nailed to me after diabetes.I assure you that it does not influence at all the control of glycemia: they are two separate themes.Associates (very associated) but completely separated.Only Celiacs also usually have dermatitis and is not aggravated by celiacism.You will notice it mainly in one thing: as someone said here (forgiveness that I do not remember ... I read you very fast to answer the urgent and mix!) The products for celiacs have the glue that they do not take care of sugars.Or those who do are, by the way, disgusting.Consequence: I have some cookies that I love, but that are 1.5 portions every two.A kind of Bollicao that are 5 rations (my dinner) incredible palmeritas that also telita, and chocolate boats that are better than the originals (and it is the only thing I like more compared to the sproducts with gluten) but that eachboat should be like 1.5 also (and when breakfast, bolus of further to sing)

In that it is noticeable.I was a time (with 13-15) that was hungry, because of course, two cookies in recess with how much I am, like they were nothing.Solution ... ham, sausage, turkey, york.Only remedies for snacks.If you need any thing, ask.I am an expert.

A kiss to all and I hope that none makes the snow disliked ...

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
12/02/2010 12:17 p.m.

P.S.Lucinere and the others with children with some problems ... I have the feeling that they are kids, but I don't know how much.I do not know if it will work for something because I was already something oldThe school.In any case: I think it is best to speak to them naturally.From the first moment I knew it and it is worth it, but I took it well.I had a couple of years later a stage of why me, but it was never serious, it was on loose days.There are many factors together, the truth: I debuted in La Paz and they entered me in the pediatric oncology section because there were no beds, so after regretting a little to lose the chocolate (it was what mattered most to me hahaha) see those kidssmaller than me with the shaved or hair leader made me see things very very different.I assumed it with a smile included.

In any case, I would like to tell you an anecdote: what bother me the most was the debut of Celiacía, because it was 6 months later and it was like "come now, now what" and above limits infinitely more than diabetes (that I do notI consider it limiting) I took it badly in the sense that it cost me (and costs) to resist temptations because I am asymptomatic, so I really did not suppose a dynamic of punishment (eat something with gluten = feel bad, vomit, diarrhea etc) my father realized that he looked at the stirrinas of the pastries with a face of quite striking penalty, so he decided a day to plant and force me to tell him goodbye to the cakes, but with a smile.As if it were a game.And it worked.What I mean is that he always used that technique: laughter, game, "don't be a girl, do you think it's really so good? Are you going to cry a cake? Do you think the penalty is emptied?Well, it would not be worse to stay without (insert the key element here ... hahaha)! "He never gave importance, he never let me sink for that "nonsense" because it really is nonsense, and got his philosophy to adopt.

The worse we see the parents or more face of penalty, worse, worse and worse.It is like when we fall as small and we are on the edge of the pot but also inspecting the wound and our mother arrives with a career and ultra -dulce voice and a pot of pot and end up crying as if we were inconsolable.Have you never seen a harder mother or grandmother look at the wound, blow twice, remove the earth and say "this is not nah, come, raise and continue playing the ball"?Well, it's the same.They are going to ask, obviously, but ... ey, that's why we all pass.And when we are older, we don't cry because the lottery does not touch us ... They are things that happen, and it is that there are no worse things.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
12/02/2010 12:32 p.m.

What reason you have a montarial and that you explain it well ... in my case, Lucia, before the insulin was put in any place we were, and even now it does, but always with one eye looking at the ball and the other to hisAround we, his father and I have always spoken naturally about the subject and as you say, including a comic touch but I don't know if it will be the age he is, 7 years old or that there are times that happens really bad.
His teacher is doing an activity in class, the traveling book, is a blank book, that a child takes him every week and writes what he wants, this week touches Lucia and told him if he wanted to talk about diabetesFor his teammates to know a little more, he told me that yes, that he had not occurred to her but that it seemed like a good idea, he still has it dirty, he has put how much he debut, that it is having diabetes, which is insulin, he has made 2 drawings (Gluco and Novorapid) and has since you have to eat healthy and do sports often, which is very good for all children .... I thought it was an important step and tells me but I will not have toReading it high?, That no longer seemed so good, that each one would read it but she in public did not.
So there we are, fighting because "accept", I don't know whether to say so, your diabetes and share it at least with the Ams Proximos.
Velia is glad that you go better .... I read you to others but since I do not know either I dare to comment but I am very good to read your comments ...

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
12/02/2010 1:35 p.m.

Hello everyone, a while without entering, I see that there are new people.Well x here Adrian with his four years tb asks that he and the other day he told me that he would not wantsame.Mañn we will remove the average of rapida because we get very much at noon we will see.I would like to be in the FB group if you want nothing without muxo more than to have a greeting

mariape's profile photo
mariape
12/02/2010 3:24 p.m.

Thanks for your opinions.

Velia, the topic bomb has to wait ... just now they are changing the whole hospital ... and they go like crazy ... at Christmas holidays ... until the beginning of the year they do not want (or can) form me ...
I have something to ask you ... (not to lose your habit ... Jejeje) ..
Did you decide to put the bomb your children for having bad values?or what did it decide to put it ..?Any did he have the feeling of not accepting or not carrying the fact of seeing your son connected to your small body?I know that our children are normal, that they have the problem of diabetes but I have the feeling of seeing the less "healthy" or "normalized" situation if I see the bomb on ... I do not know if I explain why it is something thatI feel from within ...

Once the bomb sees something negative?Is there a lot the possibility of infection?
I am afraid to put the bomb for how active it is Nando ... at night it moves a lot reaching the part of the foot of the bed, and turns and turns ... I'm afraid that it will be crazy and stretchOr something ...

Montrial, yes ... Celiaquia was diagnosed when she had 1 year and a half, diabetes at 3 ... Celiaquia had it controlled ... analisis always perfect, absolute control of cookie brands, sweet, salty, frozen, evenI make their breads with the bakery ... but it is true that they have a lot of sugar & lt; (perhaps to mitigate the taste this typical gluten -free cookies ... that you have left like a sand ...).With diabetes I have already gone crazy ... For me the theme of Celiaquia is not so limited ... well in bread and cookies if but ... diabetes ... pufffffffffffffffffffffff ... Go crazy you weighing every gram...a nando I give the mar Maria type cookies that each account like 6 CH (half ration more or less ..), of course for me they are disgusting but he only knows gluten -free cookies ... it is the only advantage of developingThe disease being so small ... that you cannot miss a cake or a good bread ... because your palate does not know it ... what cookies are the ones you eat?and boats?Shar with chocolate are good but I go crazy to calculate how much ration corresponds ... for now I always move with the same ... I am also afraid to try with new things in case I get all the work of the day (His glycemia ...), I liked to read you as the other part (that of the children).

A kiss to all.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
12/02/2010 5:34 p.m.

Good morning!!!!!

What a little noche we have had, we have made a copon guard!Look turns out that in the Post of the Control DinFourth hour 3: 11h decidesHe had put the concealer, we break ranks and decided to attack with 1 glucosport to the song and another half ration of milk, at 5: 00h 147mg/dl we do not give anything, and at 7:30 am 160mg/dl, battle won!Limonera pear!

Maruchi the bomb, I have nothing but good words for her, quality of life, freedom of schedules, better controls, less hypoglycemia, only 1 puncture (for catheter change) every 2 or 3 days (there is who lasts a lotmore) Against: that occasionally, there are who else and there are less climbing for catheter malfunction.

My daughter was put with 22 months, my little one is a polvorilla, they did not put it for a bad control but because the endocrine is "pro bomb" and considered that the girl and we were candidates, has never bothered her at all, neither to sleep, nor to play, even in ball pools, nor in summer for the pool.For us and especially for her, it was the best that could happen to us.

I believe that in children the insulin pump should be the first option, once parents teach us to control diabetes with pen or syringe, and as soon as the endocrine considers that parents are suitable for controlling the diabetes of theirChildren with insulin pump should put it on.In my opinion, it allows a better adaptation of children to the new situation and helps a lot to normalize the day to day.

Ah Maruchi to my TB I find it a good one we have taken into account the little time that I do since the diabetic debut, my girl debuted with a 11 glycosilada :?

Ballerina welcome, my mother how more difficult age she gives me, because my little one does not go scarce.

Lucinere My little TB has done the traveling book, I don't see it badly, especially because in your daughter's case he wants to do it, therefore ... I think he must do it.I would not put too much, simply a small mention, because she has many other things to tell her family, tastes ...
Look, I'm going to ask you a question, if you consider it a daring I ask you for a thousand forgives, have you thought about going to school to give a little talk of infantíll diabetes?Specifically to his class and speaking before with his teaching staff, perhaps that serves to have less shame or perhaps not, I don't know why each child is a world in the background.We did it, we read a story when they were 3 years old to explain a little diabetes, we taught them the bomb, we did the little control and answered a lot of questions that asked us.This year they have made him (without us) have put the DVD of Carol (the one of the Foundation) and have made another reminder of the diabetes.My little one liked it a lot, you know they feel important, she did not speak because she did not want to be ashamed, her teammates asked the questions again and we were impressed because they remembered many things of the first small talk that we gave them with 3 years,Carol's DVD loved it.

Well the little little ones that get good soon and those who are not lasting over time.

A hug

P.S.Velia how are you going?Patrice thank you very much, it came to me, Montril how much there is in your words, my mother was one of those moms, of which I took importance to everything, that woman and how much I miss her, if she was her how much force I would have transmitted to me,My daughter has so manyflashes of her ...!

DiabetesForo
12/03/2010 3:38 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.