{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello, the lowest thing I have seen in the glucometer A has been 29, it was at night running your father and I for juice and sugar, thanks that I was aware and I also took it a lot to upload it I remember that at 20 minutes it followedWith 50 but then he was recovering.

Unfortunately in young children that your activity is unpredictable and more at the beginning if you say that it is in the middle of honeymoon you will get used to seeing some low value in your glycemia the important thing is to realize in time and know how to act quickly.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/27/2010 3:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning!!!
Welcome to the forum, serjupman !!!! .... everything new produces a huge scare, hypos, hyper ... the important thing is to know how to solve them and did it great.
It is recommended to take the juice or the rapid HC that you use and wait about 10 minutes to take the HC, s slow (set the blood glucose).Measure at 10-15 minutes to see if you have traced ... it is not convenient for a lot, which then they make an impressive climb ... We have always done well with 1/2 juice (1 Rac. Of HC, quick s) and 1/2 or 1 RAC.of slow (1-2 cookies, 1 piece of bread ...).
As Patrice tells you with children, everything is so unpredictable that it is not uncommon for these circumstances.It is good that you recognize the symptoms of a hiccup, you can stop them before being so short ...
I suppose that you mediate and your post, I do not know if you took any contribution after breakfast ... It is a time of settings, if you repeat figures you may about some insulin ... tell us the treatment it carries, and see if it wasSomething punctual produced by emotion, or was due to lack of hydrates.

Lucinere, tries better with the Puleva that do not have added sugars ... It is a milk that the products take away ... AGGG ... with respect to the Attend, I tell you the same, I hope this was this 2+2.. You can not blame yourself because you have not succeeded, there are so many factors to take into account ... come, that you are making it great !!!;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/28/2010 6:03 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Lucinere something else, I see that you are sorry for the thread of the other forum in which you write is stop ... do not worry, there are times that for dynamics, for discouragement, or because at a certain moment you feel that you do not need forum, noYou write, then you return ... new parents will always enter to help ... here it also happens, sometimes we don't have much to tell, sometimes we don't stop ... this forums is like that ...;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/28/2010 6:36 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, if it makes a penalyou understand?I also understand that sometimes because everything goes very well you do not need advice and if you are from Bajon, you don't feel like it, it is clear that we are 3 or 4 heavy than at least we say hello!
The smoothies, if it is true that the polish were great, the colacao was also very rich and I don't see it here either, I suppose that in the English court they will have ...
As for the hypos, I have seen some 28, that at the moment I was so normal and suddenly I began to hinder the eyelets, I have even seen 1 or 2 but I was also aware ... I do not get used to them, I by scareI was given sugar and juice and I can't stop, even Lucia tells me that it is worth it.
Yesterday, what happened to me, at the time of lunch, go ... 335, I put 1 insulin unit and did not ate hydrates, we went to the park next to the house to take some photos and at half an hour it tells me that he hasHunger, 68, 1 sugar was taken and after a while, when my mother's house says that a pelin dizzy, I had 80, a juice was taken and we ate momentin .... Conclusion If it is highAnd I put insulin, give even 1 ration of hydrates ...

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/28/2010 9:41 a.m.

Hello everyone !!!I only have to greet you, forgive because I have not read anything, I don't know what happens to me but it is hard for me to write, of the little novelties to tell you, we are waiting for analysis results and the Wednesday we have quarterly review, on the 9th IThey put the devastation that to measure their heart rate and on the 10th we return to take it off.

Anyway, just wish you a good Sunday, that the figures accompany you and a very big kiss for all.

There if tomorrow I wish with more desire and less "thick"

DiabetesForo
11/28/2010 11:52 a.m.

hello,

Nor do I have much time to write, although I always try to read.
With the work, the house, the purchases and the nando I do not give rise ...
Nando's glycemia have me crazy ... It rises super tall, 250-300 almost every day .... Although we stretch the NPH at 1.5 units at 19.30 along with the fast ... butAt 4 in the morning he starts to climb ... And without sarrling anything ... I don't know very well how to act now.I feel a little saturated already mentally ... all day adding hours, calculating hydrates ... thinking about the peaks ... in when they come together ... and yet ... tonight for dinner was in 360(Having picked up very soon and not much ...) and I was almost sure that I was going to find it a bit low ... and no ... and I have put the insulin (fast with NPH) and I have waited 45 min to startWith dinner ... I have not given fruit and I have given him less slow hydrates than normal ... at the time and a half of having put the insulin (I know what does the +/-) have controlled himBecause sometimes it makes me hypos (because it also crosses with the NPH peak on the midday) and was in 300 Todabia !!how odd...:(
Well ... here we continue ... fighting for values ​​that enter into normal ... at least be able to see in the notebook every day a maximum of these ...

thank you.

A kiss for all.

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
11/28/2010 3:31 p.m.

Maruchi having if I remember when we used the NPH, look what happens to you is that the NPH for when the child begins to raise the effect is almost finished, try to put the NPH between 10:00 p.m. or 24: 00h and if possibleIn the culete the effect is slower (our girl we fell asleep), well what I am going to roll, I think this insulin began to act at two hours of putting not?And its maximum effect has it at 4 hours (if you look there you have the solution) at four oAlma, growth hormone), I don't know if I have explained well.And surely in the afternoon last hour it is happening to you the same as the NPH you put in the morning does not cover the last hour of the afternoon.If you move the night, you will have to move the morning.Test 2 or 3 days of varying the NPH insulin schedule to cover you the Aalba phenomenon and if you see that it is a little better but it is still somewhat highly upset the dose.

Maruchi a question when your son snacks, do you put insulin?I ask this why our daughter at first did not put insulin but over time we verified that she needed her, and we kill two birds of a shot because in the form she also began to snack as God commands.I don't know if it could be your case.

Ah I forgot a very important thing with the NPH, it is that you move in your hands (not shake) for at least 1 minute, since it is a milky insulin, if you do not do this you will not have uniform and homogeneous and the effect does notIt will be the same.

A very big kiss and I hope I have helped you.

DiabetesForo
11/28/2010 4:04 p.m.

Ah Maruchi The NPH and the Humalog should not get together or load together in a syringe, the effect would not be the desired one, since both are different one is crystalline and the other milky, it is better to put them separately.The noon peak, the danger of hypoglycemia, I remember that it counteracted it giving the girl half a ration of free hydrates, that is, without counting it for insulin.

DiabetesForo
11/28/2010 4:06 p.m.

Maruchi, I remember when we used NPH and Humalog, which was a horror for the peak that produces the NPH at night.We loaded them in the same syringe, I needed that was the apology of the endo to not change pattern, because punctures were saved but, the instability and slavery of schedules of that insulin, they were not worth it.It was a huge change when we went to a flat basal (Lantus), due to the disappearance of no night hypos and the freedom of food schedules.
As long as you continue using that insulin, the control will not be easy but, if you wake up high, you must need more NPH.See average in half a unit until you get wake well.
:)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/28/2010 4:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

At the risk of putting the leg ... I have not read Maruchi what a rapid insulin type is using accompanying the insulating NPH but I am surprised that using slow insulin NPH is used as a quick Humalog (analogue of insulin that is ultra-fast or immediate action) instead of actrapid (fast insulin or regular action).

If the mixture you are using is Insulatard NPH + Actrapid there is no problem in mixing them in the same syringe since there is hardly any difference to inject them separately.

Humalog with Insult NPH is that it surprises me.

DiabetesForo
11/28/2010 4:48 p.m.

TNT Well, although it seems strange to you, there are endocrine that indicates it, when our daughter debuted the first endocrine that carried her towards putting them together in the same syringe, both the morning and the night, in the end for different reasons we change endocrineAnd as soon as we reached the first date with the new Dr.At least 1 minute before loading it in the syringe to achieve homogenization.

A hug

DiabetesForo
11/28/2010 4:56 p.m.

The rubbing of Insulatard NPH rubbing between the hands.

The recommendation of the second doctor seems more correct than what the first said (not mixing an insulin analogue as Humalog with insulin "really" as Insulatard NPH).

Anyway ... there is a lot of endocrine that seems that all it has are diabetic patients of type 2 (which if they use insulin in general is only slow or prolonged action, nothing fast) and the first one that attended you seems like oneof these.

Edito:
I have to rectify, looking at Google some Lilly document about Lisprus insulin (Commercial Name Humalog) it seems that if it is possible to mix Humalog with insulin "really" as Insulate NPH.

But just as mixing Insulatard NPH with Actrapid is almost the same as injecting them separately, I am not so clear that Insulatard NPH with an immediate action analogue as Humalog makes them work the same.

DiabetesForo
11/28/2010 5:18 p.m.

Good morning!!!
Lucinere, and from 330 he lowered in 1/2 time to 68?Did you measure it to check if the figure was correct?If I do not wait a high or low figure, to check before rectifyTo put the correction, notice that the maximum effect of the rapid had not begun that is when the maximum effect begins to make ... do you say it was on lunch, does that coincide with the breakfast post?The correction was put when I had no active insulin? ... Is it for looking for an explanation ...
Maruchi, if all day was with high figures, check that it is not the insulin that has deteriorated, it may be incubating something ... If you continue like this and discarded the above, you may begin to need more ...
In any case, forgive me, really, but the syringe, mixtures and all that sounds so distant, so old ... blessed bomb !!!!
Lena, courage !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/29/2010 4:30 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, at 10 am 85, had breakfast, I put 4 units almost at the end of breakfast and take 4.25 rations of milk with cocoa and cereals, at 2 hours after finishing, bone at 12.35 hours I measured him,335, I put 1 novorapid unit and we went to the park that is 5 minutes from home, there was swinging, playing for a while and at 1.15 hours or I was hungry, I looked at him and had 68, I gave him 1 sugar,We were on my way to my mother's house and then a few bread hills ate;As 1 ration but he tells me that he is still hungry and I give him another sugar and I notice that in his movements and in his way of expressing this low, as more quiet and off, when he arrives at my mother's house he still is hungry and dizzyA little, I gave him 1 juice without a whole sugar, at 10 minutes or little more, I made control before eating and had 162, it was not a barbarity for what he had taken, at 2 hours of the food did notI did control but at 3 hours, to snack yes, 197 ....
It could be that 335 gave it to me at 2 hours but how breakfast is rather fast (milk and cereals) just as you go down?I don't know, it's for seeking explanation ...

Tomorrow I will get the insulin of breakfast because today he told me that being at recess he has had to go up to class for sugar, he tells me you don't know the hunger he had ... and even a dizzy one was dizzyLittle but what bothers me the most is that he goes up alone, I have told him that when he happens to tell him to a girl in his class but he will not do it ...

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/29/2010 8:15 a.m.

Mixing the insulins, I don't know, because I remember that we use the foresight for a while, Humalog Mix 50, and also Novomix 70, I think it was, so unless they add something else to me it seems to me that yes I doThey can be mixed in the same syringe.I'm going to look for an Owash post that explains the new "findings" about injection areas.I did not get in any way to have my son controlled with the NPH, there were three daily doses, calculations and more calculations and for those, the hell of the premix, in short equal to some people is going well and others notThere is a way.There is no way to give you neither Lantus nor Levemir until after 6 years, so imagine the torture of the little ones.The medical team does not give many solutions because I believe that the NPH is like that and there is nothing to do.
Maruchi: If you get up so high, I think you have to upload the NPH of dinner, but be careful to look at four hours in case it makes you hiccup.
Lucinere: I am always struck that your daughter is ashamed to measure or punctuate yourself at school, to see if it is a stage and it is happening to you, it is like that with all the school included with your closest friends?My son is smaller, he is five years old, but he always says "I didn't want to be diabetic", "I want to be normal", "I want to be like when I was two (years)" say your similar things?How do you react?I always try not to give importance, sometimes I feel a bit cruel, because I always focus on humor, I say look you have had to be diabetic and handsome, and he says, I don't want to be handsome, and I already laughWell, you can't be ugly because you are very handsome, we cannot change it, but of course it hurts me a lot that he is so aware of his "reality."

mornita's profile photo
mornita
11/29/2010 11:21 a.m.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
11/29/2010 11:24 a.m.

I don't know if I already told this anecdote ...:-/

A family with 2 girls, dwarfs were 1 year and peak, 3 and 5 years approx.
The little one debuted almost 2 years ago ...
Last year they had to get vaccinated ...
First, the little girl passed and immediately punctured her ... without problems ... preventing the biggest putting problems left in a second shift.
Surprisingly, the oldest entered smiling and continued smiling while they punctured her ...
To the question of the nurses, completely strange, why he did not complain, the girl replied: that she was happy because they punctured her like her little sister: shock: :)): Mrgreen :: mrgreen:

As for insulin mixtures:
Neither Lantus nor Levemir can be mixed with any other insulin

In this link you have the temporary profile of action of Lilly insulins:

The mixed have a double action, they have a quick insulin part and part of slow insulin ...
His problem is that if we climb the dose we are also increasing the part of the rapid also (with a danger of hypo, as Mornita has already commented) and if we lower dose we are also lowering the part of the slow and we have hyperglycemia after the hours... :?
That is why it is so complicated to achieve stable figures with this type of insulins ...

It happens that today they are the unique authorized in the treatment in pediatrics ... neither Lantus nor Levemir are authorized to pay them in children (except for a mechanism called compassionate use).
Hence the bomb for children is, it should be, one of the first treatment options.

DiabetesForo
11/29/2010 12:43 p.m.

Mornita, Lucia's is tremendous, see that her father and I focus it as natural as possible but there is no form.Today after swimming I was with her friend and I control her and tell her I put the insu here or in the bathroom?The sleeve is uploaded and as she is talking to her friend, she tells me nooo but low, I repeat it and tell me the same again, in the end we have gone to the bathroom, say that this girl is a companion ofClass, a very good girl, has seen her 1000 times and even her mother had gestational diabetes and talked about the subject ..
As for the "normal", he has ever said it, as I try to give him a comic touch clear, do you have 3 noses?Let's see what tells, nose, eyes, hair, ears and so on to get tired, I see you very normal, something loquilla, yes .. or what your friends do thanYou don't do?I think nothing, so you are like others, you simply put insulin and already or if they ask you you tell you that since you do not have insulin you put it and point, we bow up with the marks , I hope it is a streak because I no longer know how to focus it ...

Owash that tender anecdote..My little girl has a few days that every time I do control Lucia or put insulina too.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/29/2010 1:14 p.m.

Mornita David has now started with the issue of being different.The other day we were talking about heaven (lately we are having so much death around that it is a topic to which many laps) explained that there is his aunt, that he is with Jesus, that Jesus takes care of her very well, as if youHe has made so handsome and unique in the world ............ And he said: Now! But why has it made me with a bomb ?????.The diabetic thing does not hear it much, we talk more about the pump, and to be high low, but the diabetes does not hear.How did I answer?Well, I began to list children in their class and .... Jon Jeús has made Rubio, Adriana very small, Luis very tall to Paul has done with Oscar glasses he has a problem to talk well, Maria can't eatCookies, Idoia cannot eat egg, ..... I tried to mix positive and negative things but I did not convince him since he took the subject again a week.In addition every time I get the subject, I act super natural but my heart was.I end up exhausted from emotional effort.The thing they see him punctuated for now does not give him something, he is sometimes proud to look at him above all class children and friends.Now with the swimming more people stare at the catheter pegata with Poquer's face and if it gives me a little sorrow.
I think it is a process to do and we have to accompany giving positive messages but it is inevitable that they do it
The insulin mixtures sounds Chinese.I cannot understand (from my ignorance) as they do not bomb all children.But if it is all more easy controllable to solve ...
Besoo

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
11/29/2010 1:53 p.m.

Hello, yesterday we were in the endo the thing was well a glycosilada of 6.6, although I am whenever I go pissed off, I do not know how your doctors will be but I can assure you that it does not know anything, it has the mania ofLooking at the previous day in the notebook and that is why the entire conversation is governed but there are three months ago and my son is very variable.Besides, you ask something and we have never given us a solution at all, well what touches come on.

Alejandro also complains, above all of the glycemia of the school, when I am going to look for almediodía and I ask "love like glycemiah" tells me: "Today very bad mommy, the glycemia of the school badly we take them better inHouse, "although the school nurse tells me that she never complains that they do it and do them in front of classmates who already see it as normal.

DiabetesForo
11/30/2010 2:51 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.