{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Patrice the same thing happens to us with breakfast and we planned to do what Velia says to raise the basal, what I had not thought is to raise it from half an hour before breakfast but it seems good idea.We are also around 200 (it is the highest moment of the day when it has a good run) if it is school day, what happens is that if we upload the breakfast bolus a few days it makes us hiccup in the post.
Then from 11, go down at full speed for what we take to give lunch without putting the insulin since in the school they do not handle the pump.In addition, we have also lowered the basal from 11 and sometimes you need a Tentenpie from 10 to 11 if it is very fair (the post is at 10) that your teacher gives her according to the table of values ​​that we have given her
Normal bread sandwiches are a lot ????It is that if I give it to the lunch school when it does not put insulin, a mogollón rises although it does not carry any fast sugar.Instead, even the normal Maria cookies rise less.
We will provise Puleva's light shake, David doesn't like chocolate either.How did you calculate the sugar cakes on top?

Velia, because you do not offer yourself as a diabetes educator in a hoapitalio center.I would pay because you were in Pamplona's.
Kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
11/24/2010 6 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well Velia I have followed your advice I have uploaded the basal from 0'200 to 0'300 from 7 a.m. and I have lowered the 0'8 bolus by ration to 0'7, this afternoon I tell you how it has gone, I hope wellBecause this situation brings me head, yesterday I set you from 311 at 9:30 a.m. to 78 at 10:50 a.m. and that giving it a cookie at 10: 15h.

Santesteban Alejandro's Puleva shake, you will see how he likes the truth is that this great nothing to envy those with sugar, the cakes are 0.8 rations each, I speak to you of those of a lifetime who are those who are those who are those who are those who are those who areHard, I went to the English Court and look at all brands the amount of hydrates and all more or less carry the same.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/25/2010 3:28 a.m.

I also buy Lucia those of Puleva but lately I can't find them, with how comfortable they are ...
Patrice did my phones come to you?

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/25/2010 4:57 a.m.

Good morning!!!!
Santesteban you have taken the colors and you have lifted my esteem for at least 1 month: D;) ...
Patrice, surely you will have to adjust more ... It must have a very accentuated ALBA effect, in addition to greater insulin resistance at that time of the day.Ángela has been twice as a basal insulin from 6.30 in the morning, and until 10, with this we avoid the rush of breakfast that the Bolus is not able to counteract in time ... In any case I would increase the basal andThe Bolus would lower more, to avoid that drop so abrupt.
To my TB.I find it hard to go to Carrefour or the Supercor A for the Puleva milkshakes, it is more before there was TB.Colacao without sugar and have stopped marketing it, I hope they do not make the same task with these that are very helpful ...
Lucinere, how are you going?

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/25/2010 5:21 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Very good velia, we will touch wood ... since I went up to 10 the lantus seems that we have succeeded, I lean the days of extracurricular, removed some morning in the school that some sugar has to take, always without measuring to not vary: evil:figures of less than 200 minus 1 of 200 on the same day ... to see how much it lasts ...

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/25/2010 5:27 a.m.

Glad to hear it!!I remember that time as a time of great changes, I had to increase insulin every little, every 15 days ... sometimes it cost me to fit that suddenly I was again with high figures and was as simple as I needed again more insulin....

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/25/2010 5:32 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Yes, if when that happens you know that you should climb but I don't know but it gives me panic and I say I try another day to see .. I do not find when changing because as there is schoolAs you will react, but in the end you see that with the guideline you carry this suuuuperalta in the end you have no choice but to risk ...
I feel good when I see good figures in the booklet and that helplessness and anger when they are bad ...

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/25/2010 5:38 a.m.

Yes, it's like you count it ..... You start seeing high figures, in our case I thought: it is incubating something, I will wait ... there will be bubbles, I primed ... when the weekend arrives, also byFear of change ... when I wanted to realize 5o 6 days ... and yes, how good when the figures are good .... mood is very different ... so enjoyThe good streak.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/25/2010 5:54 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good morning, what reason do you have with moral changes depending on the glycometer values, to me the mood goes up and lowers me like glycemia, in general it is very good for several days and suddenly, without knowing why there is some more valueHigh or lower than usual and plof!The nerve and concerns in the following measurements measurements are beginning again ... Jo, how I would like to take things in a more relaxed way.

With respect to Puleva's milkshakes I have bought them in saving more, yesterday he took the first and the thing went well, when you give them you, such as breakfast, half morning, snack ...?And with respect to the sweets Diego is a chocolate lover and for the moment I have only dared to give some ounce after black chocolate dinner without sugar (which is the one he likes most), now in the face of Christmas I will have to try with theChocolates, to see what happens.

Hugs

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
11/25/2010 6:04 a.m.

Anaa, Angela takes one for mid -morning, if it goes on excursion or we go out .... they have 1 RAC.HC, S, so you can give it to him whenever you want to replace 1 ration from another part, in the snack, or in the middle of the morning ...
Regarding the chocolate I tell you the same, 1 ounce, 1 Bombón, 1Barrite of the little Kinder good have 1/2 RAC.of HC, s.And it doesn't go up.Give them as part of the dessert, from time to time, or give him 1/2 RAC.Less in the snack, I do not think it affects blood glucose and poor, they take a joy to the mouth;).
Ah, we like 85% pure cocoa Lindt or something.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/25/2010 12:20 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia thank you very much, this morning at 9:30 it had 97 at last at the glycemia of the post, then it has given a low to 57 but because I had put a note that if you had less than 150 they gave 2 cookies and it has beenForgotten the teacher has only given one but I think he would have been well, anyway I will get the bolus a little more.You do not know how I appreciate your advice because it has come great as Santesteban says you deserve a position in a diabetes educator hospital, well so you can see that I call on the endo on Monday to tell him what happened to us if he gave me any suggestionAnd it only occurred to me to tell me that I had to have breakfast twice, at home a toast and in school the milk.

Santesteban have you tried?How did it go?.

Velia for what I read of the smoothies I understand that small purchases, is that I have only seen those of Litro.

Lucinere if I have received the phones that I am calm without much jaleo at home and I call you to chat a little.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/25/2010 12:59 p.m.

David has also been phenomenal.In the post it has had 154 and the pre -food 134 so of pearls.Let's see if tomorrow we confirm that we have sudden what I needed.We have uploaded 0.1 from 7 to 8 and a 0.05 from 8 to 10 and the bolus I have not measured it.

If you knew what I love, read these suggestions, tricks, I don't know how to call them, about chocolate biscuits ..... normalize life when something is celebrated in a group produces so much satisfaction.Seeing that he eats like others, rich or very similar things, if they are rich it makes him super happy.

As you tell me, the vital state of the background also changes if it is super tall and especially if it lengthens a little in time.A couple of days of high figures gives me back when I look at the notebook.
And yes, we also have trouble changing the basal or increasing bowling when it is high, I don't know what is exactly but by the time we start, a few days have passed.It is as if we work with an anchor.
Kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
11/25/2010 2:27 p.m.

Because if girls agree with you in the good that he feels that our children can take a culinary joy from time to time and especially as you say normalize as far as possible the social meals, the truth is that for us that is still a subjectPending, partly because we are very new in this and in part because Diego is 10 years old and realizes everything, and of course it is a little afraid to eat things that we do not control everything and make him upload the glycemia and have to return toInsulin, is delighted with its honeymoon but at the same time, although it does notWithout sugar and sugar -free chocolates, always after a main meal and at the moment well, with respect to Puleva's smoothies a wonder (and without small 180g, just 1 ration).Thanks for your advice and many hugs for you and your kids that are champions.

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
11/25/2010 3:58 p.m.

Patrice quietly, told you in case I had sent it wrong .... You talk about endo, where do they take you, in children?It will be ours, what surprises me is that I put the bomb, with how little it is ... I do not pay much attention to my advice, I am more of my experience and comments that I read here and in theAnother forum, of people who know about this, who live it in the first person, who kill their heads like me ..
We bought the shake in galleries first (Zaragoza) but now they do not bring it and it is 1 roll because other smoothies are 2 and a half portions for at least and if the girl snack 3 or 4 rations, with the shake and 20 grams of breadIt is already complete and is hungry.
I carry, as I have said good days and yet I put the prawns, today I had physical education and at eating it had 86 and I have told myself I am going to put 1.5 units, half unity less But in the end I have put the 2 units and take, when leaving Cole 58 and on top of that I was hungry a while ago, the sugar had not taken to the classroom that gives English and by cutting it has not told the teacher.Well, tomorrow repeat physical education, I will not happen again, if I am of delayed effect ...
Greetings to all.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/25/2010 6:07 p.m.

Patrice quietly, told you in case I had sent it wrong .... You talk about endo, where do they take you, in children?It will be ours, what surprises me is that I put the bomb, with how little it is ... I do not pay much attention to my advice, I am more of my experience and comments that I read here and in theAnother forum, of people who know about this, who live it in the first person, who kill their heads like me ..
We bought the shake in galleries first (Zaragoza) but now they do not bring it and it is 1 roll because other smoothies are 2 and a half portions for at least and if the girl snack 3 or 4 rations, with the shake and 20 grams of breadIt is already complete and is hungry.
I carry, as I have said good days and yet I put the prawns, today I had physical education and at eating it had 86 and I have told myself I am going to put 1.5 units, half unity less But in the end I have put the 2 units and take, when leaving Cole 58 and on top of that I was hungry a while ago, the sugar had not taken to the classroom that gives English and by cutting it has not told the teacher.Well, tomorrow repeat physical education, I will not happen again, if I am of delayed effect ...
Greetings to all.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/25/2010 6:07 p.m.

Oh my God, Ana ... Are there bonnes Lindt without sugar?What a wonder.I'm going to give them a chance (I'm anti-products.

Jo, I have read you (I did not happen to me ...) and I see that I am as if it were new.I have a week and peak with values ​​that do not go too much (they do not upload much either, but ... my two peaks a day do not take them away from me, and it turns out that I no longer like to be at 160, I have become accustomed to the new) And although I have been almost 11 years old in diabetes, with this being new in the bomb, what Velia says: I can't assimilate that I need more insulin and point, without explanation and meaningless.I feel cowardly, I can't believe it hahaha ... and just because I'm new in the bomb.Surely that if I were with the bolis I had already uploaded it.

Courage to those who are adjusting the dose to the little ones.Jo, I always say it but it is true: I had to be a quiet breeding or having a luxury honeymoon, because these changes were not needed (although I already had 9, it also influences that it was a little older) although of the phenomenon of the phenomenonAlba I remember.We tried (for those who are with bolis) to change the injection time of the slow, although it seems that your children still do not walk with that.I leave it said (although they will have already written it many times before)

A kiss to all

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/26/2010 5:10 a.m.

Good night!!!!
Jo, how good if it has worked more or less .... to see if everything is fixed.You will tell how the day has gone, and remember to change the Patroón for the weekend: D
I buy them in 3, 200 ml pack.Each and 1rac.by shake.
Montrial, surely your parents would take their own inside ... Parents try to take importance to our children, but if you talk to them, surely their perception is very different from what you have.

I'm going to rest that he was exhausting today.We had endo, 7.He is high, but not enough to start treatment .... He has sent him an ultrasound

A kiss and good night.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/26/2010 6:48 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

What's going, Velia, if that is funny, that I have asked them and I have learned of things (as they thought of buying me one of the first bombs that came out in the US, that my father had filingers full of pure and hard research on diabetesand Celiacía, etc) but I ask you about fat hypos and there has not been, or for insulin changes, for the measurements to the tan of the mornings ... and they did not have to do almost.They do not know how to tell me how long they were doing, but of course from the 13Or I was really a model girl, but I was very quiet.Even our endo asked us to talk to debutants to reassure rookie parents etc ... so I am living with you a completely new perspective.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/26/2010 7:12 p.m.

Today we have been scared of fear, the child has become glycemia at 12:30 p.m.He has taken a juice some cookies and a minibollicao, all often, at 10 minutes he has repeated it and has given 101, we do not know what would have happened, we think it will be the cold that we have passed during the game, thankfully only that only has only beenIt was in the fright, because we were already running for the hospital, this honeymoon phase is almost uncontrollable, as soon as it is in normal values ​​as below, I would finally like someone to answer us if they have dropped to values ​​such as those ofOur son, Chao

serjupman's profile photo
serjupman
11/27/2010 8:01 a.m.

If I tell you that one day after dinner my daughter got 16. And I only felt dizziness.Juice and spoonful sugar.Great scare because I thought I had confused insulin.It was the greatest scare he gave me.A hug.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/27/2010 8:26 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.