{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Thanks Velia for the juice.I give it to him when he is going to approve but I am going to give him some other time as you say tb.
Although it has been with those ghostly ghosts for a week that you already know.

Yes, a week has been done with the meter.It has not given us time to do with the management since that after 3 days we have to restart it has dislodged me because until it is reliable again?In addition, many things have been left in the inkwell without trying.We requested that if you get unoccupied again they will come back to us in the hospi and it seems that this is how it will be.I will tell.Anyway, we come from pearls if we buy it to change us to the last bomb to get more out of it.
Kissesss

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
11/15/2010 5:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello family,
How long ...... Welcome to all the new breasts and a lot of strength especially for Maruchi that seems like a supermama.
I'm glad everything goes well here.We are very linked.We had a tub with Noa because they fell from the slide and the clavicle was broken but it is already fully recovered, it was also entered by a virus, we are not stopped between school, hospitals, excursions, houses ...... but everythinggood.Nyah with adjustments because we have had to climb insulin too and increasingly rebellious, but healthy.
I read you, but little really: Oops: because I almost do not open the computer but I know that there are very good people who always help.
A kiss girls.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
11/15/2010 6:42 p.m.

Hello moms, a few weeks ago I didn't write and wanted to encourage Maruchi, my son debuted only 2 months ago and the truth is that I have had a very bad time.Now I am quieter but at the minimum that things are twisted.Maruchi I returned on vacation when Diego debuted and for me it was horrible to join the work, in the end I requested an leave of one year, but in the work themselves they told me that Poruqe had not asked for a decrease due to stress or something similar ..In order that if you have the possibility, take for a while, the sure doctor who goes down without many problems.

Diego is fine, it has 10 days without clicking the problem is that it has had 3 hypoglycemisas without insulin!And that worries me a lot, tomorrow we have an appointment with the endo and they will do the first hemo, see how.On the other hand there is the agony of knowing that this stage of non -insulian will end and the punctures and calculations will return and .... everything else.(By the way if there is someone who has been in this case of so extreme honeymoon, that is, with zero insulinas I would like it to tell me how it was, how long it lasts and how it ended ... thanks)

Kisses for all

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
11/16/2010 4:22 a.m.

Hello everyone !!!Forgive to be missing so long, the truth is that there was a discouragement, I did not really want to enter and tell, but I am very slowly resurfacing.
The little one is fine, I am a little worried, I do not know if you remember that the endocrine sent me to the cardiologist, because we already carry it and has sent us a hoster (or something like that) must be a device that measures the heart rate, you have to take it all day and do your normal activity, go to school ...., they put it on December 9 and I hope that everything that apparatus says is good.
The other day the little mother tells me I notice that I beat my heart very rapid, I touched her and ... bufff the beating super fast, I noticed it just by touching her with my chest, in short I do not know the truth is that noI am uneasy and that has a bit ... of downturn.
Anyway, I just wanted to share it with you, or rather "release it."
I leave you because I have to take it to skating.A kiss and thanks for being there.
Have if I encourage and enter more slowly and read everything because you have written a lot.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/16/2010 9:36 a.m.

Lena, I have sent you a private message.

I would not worry before time with the girl.Celia is also very prone to tachycardia, and they give him a lot when he has hypoglycemia.However, it has nothing.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/16/2010 9:53 a.m.

Hello everyone, I read you very often, there is a lotend and afterwards it is the same for what we fight.
I am Rosa, the mother of Lucia who is 7 years old and diabetes 3, on the 23rd of this month our "anniversary" will be, in which we have gone through all the feelings, those that everyone will have felt.

Today everything is easier, I no longer overwhelm me so much if not dinner at 9 o'clock, I don't even make it get up at 8 for breakfast, nor do I tell him that he doesn't run thinking that he will suffer a hicc.I have relaxed at all, so that to lie, I do not stay with anyone other than me or his father (we are separated since he was baby), if we are with friends and it is time to peep the dinner and the others stay I do not dareLeaving it, she asks me but I am not even capable, it is not that I see people prepared for it.
While under my supervision we do everything, in addition to being separated I have had to learn alone and solve things without help (although your father and I agree on everything related to diabetes) what seemed impossible to me at the beginning no longerIt seems to me, just thinking that we could not go to Aqualandia again to hit us all the day to suffer, and we have already been 3 times and although when we go alone with it it is more difficult, we have done it, well loaded with juices, snack, cookies, sugar and muuuchas strips and solved ...
Lucia is very mature, understands and accepts her diabetes, although for her it is not 1 disease, the hypos are recognized almost from the beginning, the glycemia are made alone and the insulin is even injected but when we are in the street or rather in theHis environment at school changes, he is ashamed that they see it as it is click, stops doing lunch controls for that, if he needs to take 1 sugar, he does it hidden, he has even put it in his mouth with paper and paperEverything so that nobody realizes, I have to battle with her a lot in that aspect and the truth does not know how to make her understand ...
On the topic school, because as many children, Lucia comes to eat home because there is no person in charge of attending it, the hypos that may suffer in school is the one who does what he believes, for the moment we are doing well, although likeIt is not usually measured has come home more than 1 time with 200 and peak by "hunger" sensation, sugar has been taken and it was just that I was hungry to eat.

Since I found another Internet forum I have realized that I am not unique and that we are many people with the same "problems", with several breasts of that forum and other families in our community we have created 1 association (I think you already know it) And it also helps and comforts getting together from time to time and exchanging even experiences ...

Well, I think I've already announced 1 little, maybe too much, as I will always read you ..

Ah, Lucia's treatment is Lantus 10 at 11 at night and novorapid breakfast 4, food accordingThat Cene (2-3) I don't know about you but Lucia varies a lot if dinner rice, pasta, vegetables and according to whatever, I do.

Our last Hemo, last week was 8.

Greetings from Zaragoza.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/16/2010 9:58 a.m.

Hello, Lucinere.

Certainly, what to release moorings is what costs us the most.My daughter is already 16 years old and complains that I almost never let her sleep at friends, for fear of her early morning hypos.

What is hiding so as not to prick or get controls in front of others, can have a cause.Someone may have caught their attention, or that some companion has laughed or something.
It is of no use to force situations.I would do it gradually.First with her friend of more confidence, tell her naturally to make her control when she is in front, just as you would tell her to wash her hands.When he has taken that first step, he sees expanding the circle (his friends, family, etc)

It seems to me that you are doing very well, that it is not easy to be alone, so forward.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/16/2010 10:09 a.m.

Lena that well to find you for the forum, do not think that I have forgotten you, send me in a private your email because the one you gave me gives me non -valid direction and I cannot send you the list of medications.I hope that your girl is nothing but I can tell you although I know it is difficult for you to worry before for time.

Lucinere I am also from Zaragoza, you are talking about an association with mothers of the community, you could explain a little more, I When I look at diabetic associations in Zaragoza I found no more than one but not of parents of diabetic children.

We continue like crazy with the lunch before pulling and now through the clouds I am very difficult to control Alejandro lately, the insulin guidelines are veryA high figure in your glycemia.

DiabetesForo
11/16/2010 1:43 p.m.

Hello Patrice, are you from Zaragoza?It is good ... although I am reading this thread from time to Cuendo I do not know you, nor who are your children, I see that you have a child named Alejandro, what years is he?in what living area?The association was created this last February, we are 8 or 9 families from different sites, Zaragoza, Barbastro, Fraga and some other town in Huesca, to create it because that is why, the little support seen in diabetic associations, at least in those in here, they are aimed at older people and try to feed, care of the foot, etc., nothing to do with the problem we have with the kids .... We usually meet 1 time a month, most of the majoritySometimes it has been in Barbastro and even if it is only for that, to get together, it is already worth the same language and see how my Luci is controlled so Pancha and plays with other girls (although she is very sociable).Lucia is 7 years old, there is another girl who I think she has 6, another 8 or 9, a kid of 14 or 15 and then a few little ones of 2 and 3 years, if you feel like you can send you my phone, we talk and tell you toThe next meeting that I think will be for December 12 (we are going to talk because they have invited us to 1 Children's Fair in Barbastro for Christmas and we will have to think how to focus the stand) although it is not happy to talk about diabetes but it has made me very excitedKnow that you are from Zaragoza.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/16/2010 5:06 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Lucinere, I'm glad you decided to Entarar in the thread ... I did not know that you were separated, we are a few (although my sentimental situation has changed then) those that we have taken forward to nustros diabetic children in solitude.Although the parents are close, the day to day is a fairly heavy load, and the nights, I do not know if you will share it, of the most bleak, especially at the beginning ... then everything is normalized, but the physical tiredness is remarkable.I stopped working when I could, before it would have been totally impossible, and I have dedicated in recent years to get the arrears from fatigue.
Angela is going to eat with friends for some years, at first she called me and I told her what I had to get according to what I ate, and now I tell you before.The moms with which he stays always makes me very easy and they are very aware, but at first it always costs, you are looking all day at the mobile and instead of taking advantage and resting you spend the afternoon in suspense ... Then you are naturalizingAlso the situation and you already start to disfurtate from that free time to which we also have the right.It seems important to me that they are released, they are giving confidence, moreover, you could take the opportunity to tell you that it has to be measured at such hours and thus also naturalize the issue of control.
The association seems quite interesting, really.It's like the forum, but in person: D
Lena, were the thyroid already looked at him?Also thyroid alteration causes tachycardia, as well as hypoglycemia, in Angela it is like that.Much encouragement.Not writing.A strong kiss.
Patrice, a lot of patience, is that children affect everything, I always told that I had to change the pattern every 15 days, even the nurses put me face of strangeness, but it was so, and sometimes I had to increase considerably the pattern... Since he has had the rule, he is much more stable, I move the doses except for taking more or less rations.Cheer up.

A kiss for everyone and a good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/17/2010 5:43 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi, Lucinere I would appreciate that you give me your phone to pass it and tell me a little more detailed, we are from Zaragoza and Alejandro has 3 years old, it is diabetic since he has 1 year so it has spent time.I agree with you with the issue of associations at least that of Zaragoza, I call my son shortly and is only focused on older people.

Well I tell you that on Friday Alejandro has a chocolate at school, have you done any with your children?I have thought about buying chocolate at the sugar -free cup I have seen one of the value brand, do you know if it is good?The teacher has told me that they are going to carry some biscufast.

DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 6:24 a.m.

Patrice I send you the phones privately?
I give Lucia chocolate to the RAM cup, that comes in Tetrabrick and does not rise much, it is more, when I give it less insulin than with the milk with colacao. It has 22.5% of hydrates and 1, 6% of fats.When Lucia has been given Cholate in the school, it is for carnivals, before leaving, when the costume parade ends and takes it, as then I measure, I put the insulin that I had planned.
In the association there is another child with 3 years who also has a bomb, debut with less than 1 year and left the hospital with her, there are another 2 children who carry it.

Velia in the end I have encouraged, although I already tell you, I do not know anyone, I ever read and gradually I will relate child with potato or breast and others.
I live alone with Lucia since she is 3 years old, before that I lived with my mother the previous 3 years, the relationship with her father until the day of the debut was rather cold, in the root of her entrance the entire maternal and paternal family weWe join in Piña Plan and until today.
The next day I left the hospital I had to go back to work, imagine with the body that returns to me ... the paternal grandfather and my mother came to pick up Lucia del Cole, they went to my house, they mediate him, they looked at the role thatI left them written with the rations, they called Lucia's Pope and gave them green light, then he sent me 1 sms to me to tell me how I was, I remember 1 day shortly after the debut, the girl had 160, they put the insu the insu the insugrandparents and started eating, it turns out that as he eats so slow, he began to take the insulin without having eaten almost and put them in 60, they fell asleep, while my mother was looking for juice, the grandfather was checked in the face for the face forThat espilaba, that day when leaving the factory I find Lucia's father waiting for me (work in 1 polygon and lives in 1 town nearby) to take me home, what nerves, what bad times.
The first time that 1 Hiccia Lucia was recognized was the vispe of kings (1 month and 1 week after the debut), we were the 2 having dinner at home and at the end he tells me that he is "hungry", as the sausages had not finishedThat if he wanted to eat them, he told me that if (ignorant I was) and continued hungry, in the end while looking for sugar because he felt dizzy, he called his father home, he wasn't, the mobile, did not take it, there, there heIt is when I realized that I faced me alone, that I was afraid and depended on me for everything, but the good thing about that is that we solve it and she knew how to recognize her hypos.
To his father when he is also the same, he will also have faced difficult moments especially at the beginning .... how different everything is seen when 1 time has passed, less bad because if we would not go crazy.
Last year I had another girl, Nerea, this is my alone, so I look, she hasn't had to juice while I have the little girl in the tit or if I get nervous because she feels bad I have to release the poor NereicaTo serve Lucia or nights to control him with the little one also awake, but hey, I have become accustomed, yes, I have histeeeerica all day.
What a relief that has come out, kisses.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/17/2010 8:04 a.m.

How I really admire.As a daughter, I do not know if my debut was calm or that I was responsible and somewhat older, but I did not know that we gave so much can ... I read you and I am not aware of half of the things you do or notI remember ... I don't have that memory of scary for the first serious hypo or have to learn to recognize them.I will have to ask my parents to have a decent version.What things are and what makes the other face see ... hehe

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/17/2010 4:13 p.m.

Hello mamis,

I just enter to leave this and tonight more calmly come to tell you .... Link ... 01119.html

a kiss.

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
11/19/2010 9:50 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Maruchi, it is not to demoralize, but the 10 years and healing has been hearing it since Angela debuted and is on her way to 7: Oops: ... I do not expect healing, the truth, if one day of truth comes,Well, welcome, but for the moment what I dream of is that the techniques advance, who develop little invasive, and very reliable continuous meters, that the closed handle pump is implanted ... that would be the best immediate future I aspire to ...

I hope you have spent a good weekend.We are in Madrid, we go after eating.

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/21/2010 6:01 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

The healing in ten years reminds me of that shabby sign that wore on the walls of some bars and said: "Today I do not trust, tomorrow."
Naturally, the next day the sign continued to say the same.

I agree with Velia in all what has been said.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/21/2010 7:45 a.m.

Oh!Healing ... that we would not give ... but I am also excellent, however as Velia comments I feel more hope with technology.In Antena3's news of this weekend I saw that they had given the Nobel Prize to some physicists who had discovered a new material, graphene, with it they could do authentic wonders, fine and light as a sheet of paper, superconductor,Imagine how it would be a bomb or a small, flexible meter, to see if the laboratories read me and get down to work ...

mornita's profile photo
mornita
11/22/2010 2:04 p.m.

Very good, moms.
How are the little ones?Here we are not doing badly, glycemias more or less good and threw.
Noe also has chocolate tomorrow with churros in school (damn grace makes me celebrate everything eating: Evil :).She does not take chocolate, prefers to take a beating of the house, but the churros love, and of course that is already calculated to the ojimeter.Last year I got out of luxury, to see this one.
How do moms follow often enter?UDANE, how you go.
Well, I put myself into the mess.Kisses to all.

DiabetesForo
11/24/2010 3:47 a.m.

Good morning to all:

I hope they cured right?I think about it and I get chicken meat, it would be my maximum happiness but I agree with you, I see it complicated at the beginning of Alejandro, I thought about that to give myCure that they say it in the meantime that they do not give false hopes.

I marked the chocolate, I was very good to give it a chocolate of Ram that is prepared and in their school they put not churros cakes, but we go that we got not going from 150 so that great in these cases is when I think "blessed bomb"Since I had never tried chocolate or cakes, I didn't know if I was going to like it and was going to eat everything, so I put half of the insulin at the beginning and the rest at the end and less bad because chocolate did notTaste nothing, just to spread.

Lately, something very rare happens to me if you can help me, just speabove 130 and in the control of after breakfast at 2 hours (it's 9:30 a.m.) is high above 200 but then they control at 10:50 a.m. before lunch and has come to be37 does not rise from 50, I have a lot I have half solved by giving him 1 cookie at 10:15 aBasal at 0.

DiabetesForo
11/24/2010 4:10 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Marcita, I'm glad that Noe is on a streak;) Angela doesn't like hot chocolate either, I usually give him the ligth whore of Puleva, which is 1 ration and does not upload much.
Patrice, I would increase the breakfast basal.If the POS is at 9.30 it is supposed to take it at 7.30.It would increase quite a lot from 6.30 to 9 and take away some of the breakfast bolus, so you get that it does not arrive so high (although a 200 of the breakfast of 200 and for a child it is considered acceptable by our endo).If you have basal 0 later and continue to arrive under lunch I would advance lunch a little or give a contribution at 9.30 or 10 (the same thing you do but to get less fair, 3/4 or 1 ration).Let's see how it works.You tell us.
I kiss Sy good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/24/2010 4:39 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.