{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Patrice I also do 10 ... (counting those at dawn) ... I also ask myself if they will be too many ... although ... sometimes I would also do more !!

You have a good day ... today I talk again to the doctor for the theme of the bomb, I will tell you.

Kisses.

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
11/05/2010 4:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning,
Patrice, I noe now, after more than three and a half years of diabetes and one year with bomb, I have been doing 8 daily controls in normal conditions, without extras or intercurrent diseases.I do 2 at dawn and the rest during the day.
Maruchi, as Alea tells you, you have to learn to handle the bomb, to know how to interpret the results and what to do in an abnormal situation.We went once, they gave us an intensive "course" of about 3 hours, we took the bomb and manuals home and "study."Then we returned and with the Medtronic Commercial we resolved doubts, we asked questions and they "examined", to put it in some way, to see if we were prepared.We don't need more.
You already know that for anything, calls ¿ok?
You have a good day, and good weekend.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/05/2010 5:12 a.m.

Good morning!!!!

The controls is like everything, we in normal situations do 7-8 daily, but if it is stable to take away any.But there have been seasons that I did more ... Of course for a small child and more if it is outside they do not seem crazy what you say ... patrice, and try to adjust the fruit and then if it tries to take away the one of the12, Let's see how you are doing.

As Marcita, we were 1 day, they gave us a course we took manuals and bomb and the next time to place it ... come on, that much more is needed either.

Good luck with the bomb, Maruchi.

Have a good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/05/2010 5:50 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Yes ... it seems more normal to me what you tell you than a month of formation ...
Well I will talk to the Fomacion woman to see what tells me ...

Do you keep them between 100 and 200 throughout the day?
Yesterday the doctor passed the slow at 16.00 instead of 18.00 so that it does not get down during the early morning ... but of course ... it has risen up now ...

Another thing I wanted to ask you .. (I feel the repertoire of daily questions ...):
Is it normal for the debut of diabetes) to be less agile, more tired and more clumsy?:?
Before it was the most agile ... He learned to walk at 9 months and at 12 months he would run like a madman !!And now I see that it falls a lot ...

For those who have used insulating insulin, can you say if the peak is at 4 hours or 6 hours?Some people tell me at 6 and on other sides at 4 hours ...

Marcita tonight I'm going to try to call you :)

Thanks again.

A kiss

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
11/05/2010 6:28 a.m.

And ... one more!:

What bombs are the most used for children?or are they used the same for children as adults?
What do you have?So I investigate a little online ...

Thank you again!

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
11/05/2010 6:31 a.m.

Hello, I step to answer the interrogation (q is joke) because Adrian has days of all inexplicable days and others quieter, X eg yesterday the afternoon was running like a madman had picked well but of course later came what a hip came that we startedTrying with milk to get him up and that in the end we had to resort to juice, the poor term with the stomach full of liquid.But we solved the problem correctly in addition to me when I saw it running, I said hiccups, but it is a child and it is not known how the afternoon will happen for them or to run or to play sitting.I use the insulating tb I put 7.5 x the mñn and 3 x the night and of course we have peaks, but as until the minimum thing it influences all this, we have already decided not to blame insulin without stopping because any factor can beinfluential.We will see this afternoon, we'll see how the last one went very well.Adrian eats 2 rations when lifting, 0.7 at 10:30, 2 at 11 and 13:00 we give 1 to do the food well out of 4 or 5, the snack according to lift and for dinnerWell, another 4 or 5 removing the rest of the day depends on the hunger that has.Before bed tb we give you according to.What we do not do are nocturnal controls unless there is a complicated day, because it lies well and tb rises within the limits, x what we do 6 controls and now how we try to take away 2 according to the day on averageMañn and if we can the before dinner but all this telling that the day is going well.Uyy how much roll but these are more or less the guidelines that we follow a greeting

mariape's profile photo
mariape
11/05/2010 8:08 a.m.

Maruchi, I'm afraid we can't give you the exact time of the maximum peak of the insulating, because I already told you that it is a "crazy insulin" hahaha!I think my son remembered that he made the maximum peak between 3 and 4 hours after injected it, you will have to observe your child a few days and guess when it makes him the maximum effect to him.Phew!For us that insulin was crazy, from that we went to the premix, mother! For you want more!So then move on to the bomb and its foreseeable novorapid seemed to me the greatest haha!
I think the training course lasted a week, have you told you a month?The same is two days a week for a month, see if it is a better month you will learn.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
11/05/2010 12:35 p.m.

Hello again,

Mariape, well, it is well adjusted, adrian that it does not need or night controls!
And only does Insulatard have?2 punctures a day?and why so many units?Is it that it works with maximum two units by the honeymoon?

By the way today it has spent all day high .... 200 up, it has already dawned high ... and tonight I asked for milk ... I thought it would be low and I control it and it was 350!!!: S will it end the honeymoon ???or are I getting bad ???:(
What madness ...
I feel insecure to take care of my child .. :(

Let's see tomorrow ...

In the end the woman who gives the pump classes that are about 5 classes distributed in a month ...

The Wednesday I have consultation to talk to her ... let's see ..

kisses.

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
11/08/2010 4:47 p.m.

Good to all,

First of all I present me, that by this thread I think you still do not know me all.I am not a mother (I am 20 years old to fulfill 21) but I read you with interest because I am fascinated by your control on the subject and because so far I had never thought about what would be the control in small children (I debuted with 9 years) in short: as a motherI can't give you anything, but as I told Alea for MP, I still serve as a link between the mentality of the diabetic children and the paternal mentality of the matter.

Maruchi, as far as I know for my own experience, the honeymoon does not end so suddenly.I suppose that as a mother is much more responsibility, but honestly, it is shown that diabetes is never a 2+2.You can control quite well but I think there will always be things that escape our control ... so try not to think that you don't know how to handle it, because there will be times that it will not make any sense and it is difficult and I suppose that the smallest we are more.It is possible that Nando is getting bad (the glycemia, 160 not low or jokingly alter) or that I simply eat something without telling you or what I know, that day then it is crossing.To me something that also affects me quite sometimes is the injection zone of insulin.

All the best

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/08/2010 6:26 p.m.

Maruchi, you are doing very well and your child has an immense luck of having you close, and it is not to give you your ear ... it is logical that you feel insecure, it is that this is sometimes very ungrateful and we all feel similar, then they will comeThe good, stable and so happy periods all ...
You can be incubating something, or that you need more insulin, to see how it goes today.You tell us.

Montrial thank you very much for your contribution.

Lena, how are you?You are missing.

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/09/2010 3:54 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good morning,
Maruchi, pretty, who you are already in the "clan" of the super-mamas, you make it great.As Velia tells you, diabetes is very laborious and gives few rewards, but you never doubt that you make it great.Everyone has high days, without knowing why, they are more nervous, more altered, they incubate some viruses, time changes (not the autumn entrance has always felt fatal, a few days ago it did not come out of 200:-/)... Cheer up, give yourself time.
Montrial, welcome.
And the other moms?I hope everyone well.
Noe does not go wrong now, with snacks, as is natural, but well and its glycemia also at bay, let's touch wood ... :))
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
11/09/2010 5:38 a.m.

Hello, how much air is morning, well I answer you Maruchi Adrian weighs 19kg x what we put more or less 0.6 of insulin with respect to its weight and the margins are between 0.5 and 1, the truth is that if it is enoughAdjusted and according to what we adjust playing a little with food and exercise and insulin we touch it if necessary.Unfortunately he will not have a honeymoon because of his debut, but I tell you that we have some days with peaks even as you comment that he was with 350 x the night once to us having done everything the same and putting theInsulin of all days was put with more than 400 it was as if insulin had not existed that night, a great scare but q we resolved.Well now we are more happy because he already warns us if he has a hiccup, he says that his head hurts or this uncomfortable TB usually says that he is hungry at the moment is well especially in school that worried us a lot and nothing to keep fighting.I don't know if asking the question, well who answers whoever you want someone requested the disabilities?Today I have requested it and the truth is that there are people who have given it to them and another one not because nothing is x here that it serves a lot of greetings

mariape's profile photo
mariape
11/09/2010 6:42 a.m.

Hi Mariape,
I requested the disability for Noe before starting school, to see if with that I could get some help at school, but I only got a miserable 10% that is not worth anything.I don't know if the concession or not of disabilities goes for autonomous communities, I don't know.
Luck.

DiabetesForo
11/09/2010 6:52 a.m.

Here I am again!
late but I'm :)

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement.They make me stronger and "powerful" (as I would say, hehehe););
We have altites in general although the endocrine has already scheduled us more "fast" for meals ... we have also lowered the rations of the main meals because the poor man complained about belly pain ... and I is priming it ...
For the pump classes I have to wait until again .... The hospital is about to move to a new one and between this and the parties tell me how impossible to teach before ... so I have to wait ...But then about 5 or 6 classes distributed in a month ... a long wait is going to do this ...
Buffff..With what it costs to click Nando now!...

I am thinking about the possibility of taking a temporary leave, the truth is that I cannot with everything ... As I tell you, I separated me when the child had a year and I live alone with him on one floor, the work ... the house... the child ... And diabetes now ... I need to concentrate and block me a lot, of clear tiredness this ... the lack of sleep ... I want to have time and energy to learn, to feel safe, not toDoubt ... do you how did you do it in the debut?Did you get down?

A kiss to all.

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
11/11/2010 4:56 p.m.

Good morning, family.
How are those little ones?And the moms?Here without novelty, good glycemia and brat at bay, hehehe ...;)
Maruchi, I, as I told you, directly stopped working, Noe was so small and I beat that, and I have not yet returned, I thought that everything would be different, and of course it has been, but for worse ...Did you look like the prick?
And already Friday, how long samana has been done to me!And for the moment, nothing prepared for the weekend.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
11/12/2010 3:43 a.m.

Good morning!!!
I just realized that I had without reading messages: Oops: ...
Let's see, the bomb is not the panacea, the ideal is to keep the little ones between 100 and 200, but it is also the difficult ... as everything, at first you have to learn to use it well so that from its fruits, and theGive, I assure you ... Pump hypoglycemia are more subtle by not having residual insulin, hyperglycems are corrected before and more precisely, and that allows it to be more stable.
I'm glad Maruchi that you are already in the bomb program ... Now to have patience and ask all the doubts that may arise ... Pumps in the market there are several and all work more or less good.We have Medtronic and we are very happy (we don't know another personally), but Mania05 used before I think the animas 2000 and now I see it from Medtronic and they liked the animas more (they had to change because they put the little one a continuous meter).In any case, you may not be chosen.But you can be sure that any of those who offer you have all the guarantees so that everything goes well.
I have never requested the disability, among other things because I do not consider being disabled ... Another thing is that they are dependent and that we need help to face at least the first years, more when they are small.As I have told, I suffered my daughter's debut being a single -parent family and with a work of tomorrow and afternoon, I suppose you will take care of the tiredness so tremendous that I had, nights without sleep, all day worried ... I requested an interviewWith the social worker in my neighborhood to see if they could give me help, and he replied that how I could go ask having a payroll, and that the only thing they could offer me was a 3/4 aid of an hour a day a daySo that they were going to give the girl the girl: Shock:, of course that would take more or less 7 months ... I gave up.
With respect to the decline, they gave it to me for this 1 month when he debuted, and then I have been working until almost 3 years ago (I bone 4 years morei, and I assure you that he was invoiced in me. I was completely exhausted. I told himMy husband the other day, which until recently has lasted the tired.Everything when one lives alone ...

Marcita, good morning, pretty ... And you don't see how good you did.What you carry Ganao.;)

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/12/2010 3:55 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Greetings to everyone, here Adrian continues with his more or less stability, lately this more rebel goes the poor for streaks, the disability personally does not request it because it is less valid my son does the same thing that all his friends butIt is the only thing to what can be chosen for aid and for trying that it is not, not with not asking for society will consider it as one more because that they cannot be presented to many oppositionThis is so and you have to accept it.A question do you weigh the raw or already prepared?Chaoooo

mariape's profile photo
mariape
11/12/2010 3:24 p.m.

Very good !!!!
How long without appearing here.I just hit you reading.
Welcome, unfortunately, to all the mothers that you have incorporated into this forum that I do so much advertising.It is very much what has helped me most abandoning and improving in the control of my son's diabetes.
My son debuted with 2 and a half years and now has 4 and a half.Pump from almost the pricio.With the syringes it was horror!
I am from leave over since my son debuted since TB coincided with the birth of my 2nd son.Now in January I am going to join the curro but in a new position that gives me the possibility of having many days off and feeding the crying at home.Bringing them to eat is a huge effort.In between the car, the trip comes, that the smallest does not go in the afternoon and I have to walk with him with a package in the car ... that my eldest son is a bad dining room ... I usually lose my nerves in thatMoment of the day very usually.But I am clear that for its glymic control it is better.Also in your school there is no nurse.
We have tried the continuous meter for a week and we liked it.It is not that it is very accurate but knowing if you are uploading, going down and if you are doing quickly it is wonderful information.We already miss it but it is too much for my son's culete.He did not complain except the picharle who is still a problem even if Emla uses.We still don't know if we will buy one.
We are in the increase in insulin needs I think.With the good season we had had a few days like the Russian mountain.Well...
That reads made me and I hope to get time to enter the forum.
I admire you to deal with this battle.Look what exhausts !!!I have been alone for a schedule for a week and it shows.
Kisses and encouragement to all

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
11/13/2010 6:18 p.m.

A practical theme.How do you calculate the rations you give to your children natural orange juice?Or do you give them?It is that it does not eat mandarins or Maranjas since they say they have ropes and gives it nausea.

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
11/14/2010 4 p.m.

Good morning !!!
Santesteban, I'm glad to see you here.I see that everything is going great and soon return to work ... I am glad.
The orange juice has 1 ration of HC, S per 100 grms.If you can give it with pulp better, so it takes something more in Albsorver.Angela does not usually take it, but Juan Luis sometimes takes it at breakfast, especially when we go out and does not make a rare effect (he usually takes fruit at breakfast).You can try to give it TB.Behind a meal containing HC, S slow .... You know, try and try.
Only the meter left you?Well, you will not have given time to value much ...

Well, that I roll up.Kisses and good day to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/15/2010 4:48 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.