{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Mornita thanks for the information!What age is now?Are we from Palma de Mallorca, and the continuous meter is expensive?And why will they not make a bomb with a continuous meter incorporated?:-/ ...
Will there be and I don't even find out?
With the bomb do you also check him at dawn?

Mariape ​​and why don't you also use a bomb like others?

Kisses to all.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
10/30/2010 1:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

God who madness ...
What is happening today with the pancreas of Nando ???
At 19.15 I was in 43 !!and less bad that I have controlled him before (normally at 8:00 p.m. before CEN) because I have seen it weird and told me that I was hungry ... and less bad that I already had the dinner and I have advanced it....
But the strangest thing is that now (21.15h) he goes and tells me that he wants apple ... And it seems like a strange (taking into account that only 1 hour ago that I finish dinner ... and see that the20.00 I have made a control to see if it had raised well after the blood glucose of 43 and was 302 ...) and now I had it 58 !!!How is it possible that in an hour I have lowered 250 !!?...: Shock: Holy God ... how it is supposed to have been if I wait until 23.00 !!!
Is the honeymoon fully now ??I see myself all night controlling him every hour ...: ((((

Let's see what you think ...
kisses..

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
10/30/2010 4:30 p.m.

Mar, in general the crying are irregular in the glycemia for hormones ... In the case of being on a honeymoon, irregularity is twice: the pancreas still releases its own insulin when it seems to it and the hormones raise glycemia whenIt seems to them ...

Better than you feel about what you see in your child than at times, one thing is the beautiful theory that pediatricians explain and a very different reality ... as you have seen is difficult to find 2 equal days.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/31/2010 4:41 a.m.

Good morning, what about the change of schedule?Maruchi as your nosostros as soon as Adrián debut the first thing we thought was about the bomb, but after reading and reading at the moment we have decided that we do not see some inconveniences and today Adrián we get along and we have no need to be connectedTo the bomb all day with twice that we click him either do it either very necessary, Tb I tell you that the same thing has a hiccHe is a bomb, but in general it is controlled (for the moment) I do not know what it will last, but well it is our vision of today morning we are running to claim a bomb and the people who put it very happy x something will be something will be.I recommend that you calculate the sensitivity index that your child has with the insulin xq we have had drops of 200 and we have discovered that Rapida (Actrapic) as it does not go for 300 and go to eat we can not put on us because we get offMuch and TB That is dangerous.Anyway, the months are the ones who are giving the experience and following the same pattern two days in a row, things do not come out x what is rather to hit and some days is right and others because not.But well we are learning little by little and the same will happen to you and see we will end up being experts in the field greetings for all

mariape's profile photo
mariape
10/31/2010 5:57 a.m.

Hello sea, as Owash tells you, children are very complicated to control, which one day serves you the next day it does just the opposite.What you have to try to avoid are those sudden changes to my endocrine I explain that it was the worst, it is preferable that this at 300 and late to get down to 100 2 hours to go down in 30 minutes, you will not be able to avoid ups and forth and lessWith those insulins, for me the insulating was something horrible, unpredictable as soon as it rose to 300 as with hypoglycemia.

With the pump you also have to do the night controls in fact I do more now since I have the possibility of correcting.When I insuled him, he only looked at him at 00:00 hours if he was low, he gave him right and if he was high, he couldn't do anything, now I can put a bolus or suspend his bomb without having to wake him up to give the milk I hated himAnd Alejandro even more.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
11/01/2010 4:11 a.m.

Well, I see the problem in always applying the same insulin guideline, it is not the samestate watching TV on the couch.You also have to take into account the duration and maximum action of the different insulins.

Looking at the link, this web is fantastic.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
11/01/2010 4:37 a.m.

Well, what a mess !!
How and when are you supposed to control how many insulin put according to what you eat or the exercise that does that day?
Now nando carries the insulating at 8 d ELA tomorrow (1.5 units) and at 18.00 (2 units) to cover dinner and night ... of the rapida (novorapid) it usually only carries a little in the morning next to theslow (mix) and at meals he almost never touches him because he's well ...
But I think the problem is more of the meals ... I don't know ... I control the rations well ... I think!
And also when he goes to the park or the colo (two hours in the morning in the morning) the blood glucose rises a lot ... is it normal?Will the excitement be?Then you have a low but sometimes up to 4 hours later, do you have an explanation?
And why do you think sometimes you go down at night and sometimes keep it up the night?having taken the same ...

Thanks for the patience you have with me!

A kiss to all.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
11/01/2010 5:41 a.m.

Mariape, with the theme of the bomb I also think like you .... More than anything because Nando also has only two punctures a day and on top of that he is a very restless child who would give me the feeling that I would lose the bomb every moment!: Shock:
Maybe after the honeymoon, need more and deserve more worth it?

What is square?and bolos are units?There are words of this new world that I do not know completely!

Thanks again.kisses

Sea

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
11/01/2010 5:44 a.m.

Good morning!!!
It is not surprising that a mess seems like you, Marichu ... is that those insulins are crazy and the results so unpredictable ...

A pump is not placed to save punctures, which also ... what the bomb brings to our children is much more than that, exact and minimum insulin supply (there are bombs that can put insulin of 0.05 in 0.05 units), withPump is not active basal insulin (it supplies you the programmed for each moment), the insulin supply can be suspended to trace a hypoglycemia, different types of basal insulin can be programmed for certain situations (weekends with different activity to the daysLabor, holidays, days in which they are sick whose requirement TB is different from the usual, etc.).It can be programmed temporarily basal insulin, that in children it is so used, it is not the same as they are sleeping a 3 -hour nap to go to the park to run those 3 ... and what to do then with the insulin that is placed???Hydrates atiborrale in the last case ...
And dual or square bolus (this usually takes time to use, at least it was my case, but now, blessed are:-/), which are used precisely for certain types of meals.It is not the same, s slow, than fast, than if they take more fat, more protein, etc.I do not know the same to put your child who eats slow 1 insulin unit and that's it, to say that the same unit puts it for 1 hour, the peak of action will be later avoiding hypoglycemia ...

And the corrections, as they have already mentioned .... It is not the same to be in 200 and not correct to save you a puncture, to correct with the pump and arrive with a more acceptable figure.

Taking it seems that it is not a problem, nor do they lose it, nor do they fall, nor bother them, to the experiences that the parents of the forum tell us ... Ah, as anecdote I will put that of Claudia, 3 years, to thePoor the pump fell to the water when he was pis (the bomb did not flinch): D ... My daughter has been with her for 5 years.5 years of parks, pools, excursions, school, so far some small inconveniences that have been solved without major problem ...

I have to confess that I had the first year and a half with those pre -chefy insulins so badly, even the few months that we use Lantus, that the bomb radically changed our lives ... I know that sometimes it seems that life was going to me in itIts benefits, an exaggerated commitment to try to see that it is so far the best treatment I know, but I know what it is to have a child with bad control, I know what serious hypoglycemis, fear and I know that with the bomb everythingThat has improved ... Of course everyone is free to use what suits and suits him ... I will continue to bet on this treatment.;)

Sorry for the bump.

Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/01/2010 7:11 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Never better explained Velia, if I know why I fight so much for the happy bomb.

Mar consider your endocrine to propose another type of guidelines, until 3 months ago I used the same insulins as you for Alejandro, but I only put insulating at night mixed with novorapid at the time of dinner and novorapid breakfast, foodand snack.It gives me the impression that these high peaks after eating are because you do not put it fast insulin, with the amount of hydrates you put in another talk that you give it I think the insulating is not enough.
What you say from the dowers up to 4 hours later I suppose that it would coincide with the peak of the insulating, and the night is what that insulin has is very variable, I already tell Alejandro that the same thing happened and other breasts from herethat they have used it will tell you the same.

As Velia tells you, it is not only to save the punctures, you have to think that it is to improve its control and so that he can have more freedom of schedules and meals, I while using the multiple doses I roy me that he only started at his hours andAt home, now if you feel like a potato bag in the middle of the afternoon as many children put a bolus and I give it to him, if he is bad with 38 of fever I do not have to wake up from the bed to eat because but butIt gives you a hypoglycemia, you can sleep until the time you want.

Well the other day the poor man was with a gut pain and just after dinner vomit everything, I put the basal to 0 a couple of hours and not low from 75, I could not believe it I still remember when I ever happened to him andI had to force drinking juices so that it did not do any hypoglycemia.

DiabetesForo
11/01/2010 8:02 a.m.

Patrice, I agree with you and what you have explained about the action of the Insulatard.
Regarding the night, Maruchi, have you proven if the lowest night has also had more activity during the day?The exercise can continue to effect several hours later.
I suppose that the 2 hours of school will be from 9, that is, insulting it has not yet done its maximum effect, so perhaps the rush when not carrying quickly, and yet at 4 hours of putting it (at 12In the morning according to your data, the maximum effect that will last up to a few hours later begins, maybe there, between the effect of insulin and the school of El Bajón.Even if he is high to prevent him from that downturn, especially that he does not lower glycemia so sharply, that it is not good .... Let's see what the endocrine tells you, eat if they can guide him to let him be less that is flatter andplay with the quick ...
Much encouragement.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/01/2010 3:56 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello Patrice, I am waiting for my daughter to put the bomb, and it happens to me now that when she wants a potato bag, as you say for example, I cannot give it to you, I cannot put more insulin, it is supposed toI have to wait 3 hours since I have click Novorapid Hsta who can puncture him again, and with the bomb if you can?Do you get on the basal or do you put a direct bolus?Or something that I still have no very clear ... I hope to learn to handle it to facilitate life .....

luciana's profile photo
luciana
11/02/2010 10:17 a.m.

Lucia, 12 años en tratamiento con bomba de insulina desde los 7

Hi Luciana

When I was not bombing, I never click to give him potatoes or anything else that he wanted, I imagine that by power you can even if they have not spent the 3 hours if you control the amount of insulin/carbohydrate and put it just what he needs,I ever gave him short between the snack and dinner, but on a few occasions.

With the bomb I look at him to know how he would not give them to 200) and put a bolus, I have not done it many times since I am not very friendly to give him that type of food but the2 or 3 times that I have tried later has arrived phenomenal to dinner.You will see how little by little you will control and everything will go much better.I am still learning only has 3 messages with her but we are very happy, I do nothing with the dual and square bolus that I have read to a mother of the forum that are great.

DiabetesForo
11/02/2010 noon

I also totally agree with Velia, for me, I have already said it many times, the glycemic control relationship-life that gives the pump does not exceed any other system today.On Sunday without going any further we celebrate Halloween with the children, and although we tried to give them the change with the chuches "without", something chopped, my friend told me, you imagine this before when they did not have the bomb?uf! Do not remind me ... our children so faithful, that one day is one day, and we do more.I am not a diabetic is my son, and his life since he has the bomb is much better, for me more than enough to defend it at all costs, others are already in charge of taking away the illusion, in the school, the organisms in charge of attendingTo these children, the health professionals themselves ... but while my child who takes him off him.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
11/02/2010 3:49 p.m.

Hi Momis!

Of course, Mornita, totally agree.

Luciana, you don't have to wait 3 hours, unless it is to correct hyperglycemia and you have insulin before, since you can add the effect of the 2 dosis and make a hicc. If it is to eat you just have totake into account the insulin that.be active and if what you are going to give it is quick or slow absorption, then you click before or after it has ingested whatever ... the roll of the bolis is that you have to click once again ...But a CapricThe oldest ...

Lena, are you missing, when you had to go with the little cardiologist?

Maruchi, how are you going?

Kisses and good day: D

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/04/2010 5:59 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

A greeting from La Mancha,
Well I see that here almost every PQS walk with bomb, because very well in the end the important thing is not the method but the final result, that our children have the quality of life that they deserve, in these last five months I have read and learnedMore than what I imagined, I never thought that I would take a syringe and prick my son, and look as if I had done it all my life and the best that he never complains he has assumed him.At the moment I am not in favor of the bomb, my son has a good control to take time, it goes to birthdays, does aerobic, sport, some whim is taken, because at the end of what it is about it is to have a good diabetological education andBeing aware of what can happen at all times and nothing as for the moment I have no novelty I do not ask you anything to mothers with more experience that very helpful help especially for rookie like me a huge kiss for all those peqs

mariape's profile photo
mariape
11/04/2010 6:18 a.m.

Very good,
I have been missing for a few days, so I have a lot of behind to read.
I hope all kids are fine and moms too.
Much encouragement that you are starting, despite the years, we all continue to learn.
A kiss to all

DiabetesForo
11/04/2010 6:29 a.m.

Hello again,

I read you every day but it is hard for me to find a hole to write ... now I'm waiting for the control of Nando ...
We continued with some hypos and climbs .... yesterday I had to call me the endocrine but I don't call me ... Today I spent the whole morning calling her ... in the end I could talk to her ... I ask about the bomb and told me "Yes, yes ... it's going very well ... it's a good option ... "And I say ... because I wouldn't have told me before !!But he tells me that before preparing it and putting it I need to go for a month to formation classes ... did you also do this?Mornita (sea), you are also in Mallorca, did you go to the classes that the doctor tells me?
Mariape, what insulinas does your son carry?Doesn't it make you hypos?How do you have the rations distributed?Forgive the interrogation ...

Here the article of the Diario de Mallorca today ....:

INCREDIBLE!!

Kisses and thanks.

Sea.

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
11/04/2010 5:52 p.m.

Maruchi, the pump demands previous preparation to learn to handle it and handle food for portions and all that.
A month may be excessive.We went 5 or 6 times for a few hours.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/04/2010 6:31 p.m.

Maruchi we also went for 5 days, 2 hours or so every day.

I wanted to ask how many controls you do to your children in the morning between breakfast and food, I normally made two of breakfast after 2 hours and then another about 12 in the morning so that I got well to eat, but now I have changed the guidelines and I will also put Bolus for lunch since only with the basal could only give him fruit for lunch but he went up a lot, the lunch at 11 so I do not know if to do another or take awayThe last morning of the morning, they seem like many controls for the poor.How many do you do them throughout the day?, In a normal day I do 10 do you seem many?

DiabetesForo
11/05/2010 3:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.