{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Congratulations Mornita !!!!
I tell you what I did.I gave birth two years ago.I looked like you the price of private cord "banks and as we were very expensive being aware that we do not know its usefulness for now.We told the Gines and they told me to request a directed donation.I mean in the "public bank" my cord is kept with name in case in the future it is useful ... I think that if it is needed for someone and there is no other option they give it to this, although I am not sure of this.To achieve a directed donation we made a report including all the clinical trials that are being done at this time and what has been achieved, in addition to a particular peroreta that for that my husband is an ace.All that, the Hospital Chief Motronone sent it to the Committee that grants the directed donations.It took you, I think a month to answer and the answer was just a few days before delivery.Then from Barcelona and requested by the midwives who already know how this works, they sent the directed donation kit.And the right day of the delivery there was the kit.After the collection, he sent him to Barcelona again.
Not being that in your hospital they do not collect cord.If it is public, why they will not do it if necessary.And if they do not and you have the possibility of keeping your cord because they cannot send you to one who does.
We have the report that we send to the CREA AND SAFE COMMITTEE.If you dare and you can request it through the delivery service of your hospital I pass it to you if you want.

Yesterday night I read you since I had not had access to the computer.
The climb at 7:00 in El Bajón does not happen to us.
What we have experienced is "thanks to all the gods" that on the beach can be disconnected.We have been at my parents on the beach for 15 days.He left the bomb at home for 3 hours, or lowered it to the beach, and with lunch included and without extra bowling po la basal that will not happen to him.And what glycemia !!!!!! And that few controls had to be done once the routine took !!!!!!!!It has been a dream.Now we are awake, in our house and with worse glycemia.Although I'm not going to complain ...
You, a lot of encouragement.No one who does not pass it understands how life is complicated with the theme of our children's diabetes.Give you the time to decide what you decide and develop the maximum background in the background.

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
08/17/2010 10:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Congratulations Mornita !!!!
I tell you what I did.I gave birth two years ago.I looked like you the price of private cord "banks and as we were very expensive being aware that we do not know its usefulness for now.We told the Gines and they told me to request a directed donation.I mean in the "public bank" my cord is kept with name in case in the future it is useful ... I think that if it is needed for someone and there is no other option they give it to this, although I am not sure of this.To achieve a directed donation we made a report including all the clinical trials that are being done at this time and what has been achieved, in addition to a particular peroreta that for that my husband is an ace.All that, the Hospital Chief Motronone sent it to the Committee that grants the directed donations.It took you, I think a month to answer and the answer was just a few days before delivery.Then from Barcelona and requested by the midwives who already know how this works, they sent the directed donation kit.And the right day of the delivery there was the kit.After the collection, he sent him to Barcelona again.
Not being that in your hospital they do not collect cord.If it is public, why they will not do it if necessary.And if they do not and you have the possibility of keeping your cord because they cannot send you to one who does.
We have the report that we send to the CREA AND SAFE COMMITTEE.If you dare and you can request it through the delivery service of your hospital I pass it to you if you want.

Yesterday night I read you since I had not had access to the computer.
The climb at 7:00 in El Bajón does not happen to us.
What we have experienced is "thanks to all the gods" that on the beach can be disconnected.We have been at my parents on the beach for 15 days.He left the bomb at home for 3 hours, or lowered it to the beach, and with lunch included and without extra bowling po la basal that will not happen to him.And what glycemia !!!!!! And that few controls had to be done once the routine took !!!!!!!!It has been a dream.Now we are awake, in our house and with worse glycemia.Although I'm not going to complain ...
You, a lot of encouragement.No one who does not pass it understands how life is complicated with the theme of our children's diabetes.Give you the time to decide what you decide and develop the maximum background in the background.

santesteban
08/17/2010 10:42 a.m.

Holass
In this link you have some answers about what you talk about the umbilical cord:

And aquo the list of umbilical cord blood banks and authorized maternity: Link ... -Julio.pdf

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/17/2010 12:37 p.m.

Good morning,
How vacations are noticed ...
Owash, I'm still impressed with you, you know all the sticks, it is good to tell you.
Mornita, congratulations on your pregnancy, I can't help you with the umbilical cord, when Noe was born Dornar but my hospital "I was not prepared.":-/
Well, and here we continue to fight with the catheters, a box great and it was to start another and five positions have already fallen three: Evil :, and of course with uploads to 400 and peak and all those little things ... what a feeling of helplessness!!!!!!
And the good comes, on Saturday finally, we are going on vacation to my people, what you win.
Well nothing, you have a good day.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
08/23/2010 5:01 a.m.

I have been just for 1 week with the bomb, and it has already taken off twice.The 1st time I had to package like a little gift, full of tape, and today the nurse made me noDays and I do sports and I turn a lot ... I don't know what to do so that it doesn't take off!Let's see if tomorrow the nurse leaves the Nobecutam to have it at home in case the flies, I even thought about hitting it with the droplet!Like what the droplet sticks nothing nothing takes it away from it ... hahahaha but my mother makes me with the droplet in my hand and I take it running: s or that it was a gun .. in short that I have occurred to me ... Un besito

DiabetesForo
08/30/2010 7:03 p.m.

Hello, back again and adjusting because you do not see that Alejandro was well on the beach with some values ​​that we did not believe it but of course it has been to return and a fuck until we have caught the calm to the bomb, that if we are superHappy you were right or crazy I return to the punctures again.
I wanted to ask you some things we have a celebration on the 11Given because I don't know what is equivalent to, but now he is already getting older and I feel like he eats everything and also now with the bomb that we have no schedule problems, it is very angry to tell him that he cannot.

DiabetesForo
09/01/2010 7:23 a.m.

Hello Patrice !!How good you are already enjoying of the bomb !!!
I have never given David Empanadilla because it is not calculated.Croquettes away from home if I give it but I think it's a thing that you calculate for size.For example, I know that 2 croquettes the size of those who eat at home are a ration, and if those who eat are of another size, calculate approximately.By Elemplo, the other day he ate a croquette that was the size of three of mine (it was a croqueton) and calculated as a ration and average.It is a matter of having to try.I put the square bolus with the croquettes in an hour and a half or two hours.
Greetings to all

santesteban
09/01/2010 2:17 p.m.

Patrice, I'm glad you do so well with the bomb.Regarding your question, I fix this Sunday a meal with which you comment.Look if I am sincere calculation by eye, in my house as I am very cooking I make all empanadillas, croquettes, cocas etc, what I do is weigh the ingredients add the hydrates and so you can calculate how many rations each portion has.Look, I think that to know how much the empanadillas have, for example, you can look at the Super how much each empanadilla waftor of those of the cook has, there are two small and other larger sizes so you get an idea.As for the potato tortilla, when you make a weigh the fried potatoes at home before incorporating them into the egg and calculates the portions, then the parts into four pieces (trying to be equal) and divide by four the total of hydrates, soThen it will be easier for you "to eyelet" and add your son in your head on your head, it gets like the kiko hahaha!

mornita's profile photo
mornita
09/02/2010 6:12 a.m.

Hello to all !!!!

I see that stasis all very linked with the beginning of the course, I hope everything goes well and that it is a very special day.

My girl started yesterday and..ProEba surpassed!Everything went well, except that the catheter had to be changed right there, in the first 307 control, we thought it was emotional, but as it also coincided with the day that we had to change it we prefer not to risk and we changed it, the rest of the day all good, all day,She passed it divinely and the glycemia wanted to behave well.

MORNITA! Congratulations!I am very happy.

Marcita, you don't know how much I feel that catheters are taken, I remember when the impotence that feels, good glycemia and boom!Every two by three a rise for the happy catheters, I was filled with anger.The truth is that I can't think of solutions.What I am clear that it has a lot to do with the skin of the person who carries them, because if I am sincere to me around me (removing people of this forum as your little one) does not happen to them, and that makes me think that it dependsFrom the skin, of sweat, I don't know her.

We have been in the quarterly review and hemo well 6.5 has told us the doctor who is real, she looks at everything, puts the glucometers on the computer and the pump data, makes her statistics and looks at all the controls.It has modified us some night sections, the night for seasons brings us head.
The only thing is that we were sent to the cardiologist says that when they take the tension it is always a bit accelerated, a little tachycardic, since it was a baby, it already sent us unan time and they told us that it was fine, now it sends us again by caution, finally I can't help worrying a little.:?:?It seems that when they are small it is normal for them to have greater pulsations but that as they grow they have to normalize, I hope it is simply that the girl when she goes to the hospital accelerates.

Well girls, I'm going to let you go, I didn't want to greet you.

A hug for all

DiabetesForo
09/14/2010 5:43 a.m.

Hello!How about the school?We for now the values ​​well, although I had my doubts because of course adjust again the basal after three months is pure luck.How do you organize in the school?I have to go to put the Bolus, this year they have reduced the hours of support, so I even see myself making trips to make the measurements, I do not want to think much about this issue because I feel fatal that they treat my sonLike a stingy.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
09/14/2010 12:25 p.m.

Hello good!!We tb adjusting basal, we go like all summer every time we changed plans (which have been many).
For now quite decent although lunch I still don't have them caught.
And it is Mainite, they make us control of lunch and the post of the food but do not handle the pump so I give it a minimum and without insulin.The teacher has values ​​according to which he gives all lunch, half, or nothing, according to the values.They are behaving phenomenal.We have not asked the pump yet. There is no nurse
Our September review was fine.We continue with 6.9 with less hypos so it is somewhat more real than the previous one.
Your phenomenal Lena!

santesteban
09/14/2010 4:39 p.m.

good !!We tb adjusting basal, we go like all summer every time we changed plans (which have been many).
For now quite decent although lunch I still don't have them caught.
And it is Mainite, they make us control of lunch and the post of the food but do not handle the pump so I give it a minimum and without insulin.The teacher has values ​​according to which he gives all lunch, half, or nothing, according to the values.They are behaving phenomenal.We have not asked the pump yet. There is no nurse
Our September review was fine.We continue with 6.9 with less hypos so it is somewhat more real than the previous one.
Your phenomenal Lena!
Santesteban Guapísima that I am very happy that you have already thrown yourself with meals, you know you see but do not discard anything, sometimes you give them a snack and go up, and what happens is that simply those two foods together do not make a partner butWith others yes.It happened to me with the banana and the Petit drunk in the case of my little one if I put them together, it arrives high, but if for example I give the petit with a kiwi, apple, pear ... I get perfect to the post.

A very big kiss.

DiabetesForo
09/14/2010 5:46 p.m.

How are you?Muxas Mothers X here and the Popes?Nothing we still have only three months of debut and the beginning of the course a disaster.To take 200 to 12 staying with 40 at the exit Q at the moment is at 1 (Caunda is at 2 we will see) today we have changed the dose and we will see to see what happens.The school the less responsibility better so that or my husband or I have to go control without talking about the glucagon that they are not responsible, we hope not to use it.Well, I will go entering here to tell my experience that we are really having a great greeting a greeting

mariape's profile photo
mariape
09/15/2010 6:03 a.m.

Mariape, welcome.

Tell us more things about the little one.What treatment it carries and those things.So we can guide you a little.

Health

DiabetesForo
09/15/2010 9:05 a.m.

Hello again,
Well, the PQ today has changed the dose and we were injecting 7.5 of Insulatard X the morning and 2 x the night all the summer, what happens is that with the heat pool and others we have had many hypos.Today I have changed the Mñan and I have put 6.5 of Insulatard and 1 of Actrapid and it has been better at noon we will see how we end the day.What we notice is a difference between the glucometers and the other day they sent me to the action nano but it makes a difference with the optium q is the one that we carry pq it seems that it is the one that does not know if that will happen to you?What we most notice is that it has become very aggressive to be a pretty good child, I hope this changes, I guess your body is very small and the changes are muxos but we will go little by little

mariape's profile photo
mariape
09/15/2010 9:37 a.m.

The treatment of your child to me (it is personal opinion) seems horrible and impossible to handle.Both the insulating (slow) and the actrapid (semi -rapid) have strong action curves, which imply rigid schedules and it is almost impossible to be well controlled with them.
I would talk to the endocrine to change to Lantus or Levemir, combined with ultra -grape for meals.If you pay attention to you, look for a second endocrine, because that treatment is out of her and will go crazy.

Health

DiabetesForo
09/15/2010 9:40 a.m.

I am with Alea, we are not going to return to the bombs that it seems that we are going to commission, but it is that the insulating is difficult to handle, also unpredictable in its duration, we drove us crazy, but in our hospital they do not put Lantusor less than six years old.Well and actrapid ... luckily we have not arrived, why don't you give you novarapid for meals?Tell your endocrine.Ask your doubts we will help you in what we can, although I have said that I almost do not remember the bowling, the other day we broke the bomb and when the technical service said you will have to go to the alternative guideline, I almost almostIt gives a syncope, less bad than later started again, the next day they brought us a new one, but come on Nochecita ...

mornita's profile photo
mornita
09/15/2010 11:43 a.m.

Insulins are neither good nor bad ... what is good or bad is the result that is achieved with them.

PAUTA INSULATARD is a therapy, in my view, which offers bad results in number of hypoglycemia, glycosylated hemoglobin and quality of life (as they have already pointed out before and rename) especially in recently very small debutants (it is difficult to recognize hypos, inexperienceparents and difficulty control).
But legally there is no other possibility except the insulin pump.
It is also true that I have known cases of using NPH and having acceptable control and few hypos (at the expense, yes, of a huge work of the parents and the entire family environment).

Levemir and Lantus are not authorized in the treatment for children under 6 years because there are not enough investigations (the prospect of insulins puts it).
There are cases in which using the NPH there are excessive hypos problems (it depends a lot on the pediatrician's criteria) and Lantus is used under the criterion of compassionate use (it means that under the responsibility of parents and pediatricianConsequences of the medication are assumed, that is, it leaves the legal reasons why the marketing of the medication has been authorized).

I link an explanation of the compassionate use: Link ... -compasive >
And a link where he reviews insulin analogs in pediatrics (it is a technical document): Link

DiabetesForo
09/15/2010 12:47 p.m.

Hello, this year we have started the older school, Alejandro is super happy and we are that we do not believe it because there is a nurse and is lovely, he does the controls to Alejandro and according to my instructions he values ​​whether to give him lunch, delay it or put something somethingof insulin, nothing to do with last year in the nursery that seems to be allergy to glucometer and diabetes.

I agree with what you say about Insuleratard and Actrapid, Alejandro when I also had those insulins and it was horribleWe continued with Insulation you never knew how it was going to get up as soon as one day was woke up at 50 as another at 250 was crazy.I would also try to talk to your endo and tell him if they can change you at least the fast, since as Owash says until 6 years they advise following the treatment with Insulatard.

DiabetesForo
09/16/2010 4:49 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Welcome Mariape ​​!!.The truth is that the beginnings are a bit desperate, but you will soon take the calm to this.To my TB.These insulins seem horrible, another option that for me is the most successful is to think about putting the bomb.Here in the forum almost all the kids carry it and it is a success to look where you look.Do not be discouraged that you will see how it begins to improve.

I am glad that the beginning of the course has been good, we also achieved a challenge (what we have not yet achieved are good glycemias), the passage to the institute worried me, another endless, new classmates, new teachers, new schedules, new facilities, but for now everything in order.

Marcita, how is Noe?How has it started?Have you noticed that now that it is less hot (I say it with the small mouth, that until today this has been the same as being in an oven) ...?

Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/16/2010 6:17 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.