{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Patrice, ameter, the principles are difficult you have to let a little time pass, calm that you will adapt, you will see how it is, hey, hey and that if not, neither does it either, neitherNothing happens, you return it and you continue as until now.
Seeing the machine as something strange that constantly reminds you that it is sick by many people even adult diabetics, it is normal that you feel like that, for all of us the "condition" of our children is very painful, saving distances is likeWhen a small child is put glasses, many parents also say ay! my child so small and with their gaps, but look at it on the other hand that there are "glasses" ...
I did not have that feeling, because I was from the other group "that sorry to prick my child", I did not get used to it, I was aware that my son needed insulin but to prick him and hear him complaining every time I made a lot of emotional damage.I still remember my son's first meal, when I simply tightened a button, I cried with emotion.My son was also 3 years old, when we put the bomb, we asked for an opinion, he said yes, but you see that they will know, also as I felt guilty for imposing being connected to a machine, because I felt that he not only did it forHis good, but also for him myBlockquote>

where is the emoticon of applause ....: Mrgreen:

Patrice, it is normal to worry and see it weird at the beginning ... in such young children, the best option is the bomb.

I am 100% of the lawyers agree ... The Diabetes Foundation has taken several cases of discrimination and should have brought many more social exclusion in schools ... associations?Something has been done in Catalonia and Castilla La Mancha and I don't know if something could be done in the rest of Spain.
But "I hope" it was only in cases of children with diabetes ... in many other diseases the same thing happens ...

Why in companies with more than 100 workers are there an obligation to establish a medical service and in schools with 200 or 300 people (as little) there is no obligation of anything?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/11/2010 6:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Patrice, encouragement, you will see how in a short time that feeling disappears.Slavery was produced by bolis, strict schedules, the bomb was a release, and a great success.Hopefully soon you can feel it like that.

We are on the beach, hey, the oblique catheters a wonder.Last year we punish a lot with the rounds, and this year we have had some setback with those of Juan Luis, which TB.It takes them from that guy, but with the oblique wonder.And not one has taken off, we are going that we do not believe it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/12/2010 5:38 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Very good,

I have not spent days, between some things and others I have not had much encouragement or a great desire to write, although I have been reading you.

Patrice, it is normal for you to feel like that, the world also fell on me when I saw Noe "connected" all the time to the machine and with the hole hanging, but as I already told, she got used to it in a short time and thatHe encouraged me a lot.It will also happen to you, it will be your little one who gives you encouragement and shows you that nothing happens.

How do you walk the other moms and kids I hope that summer is going well.

Lena, Santesteban, Udane, Beky, Mornita, Velia ... UF !!!and all the other moms.

Mani, to see if you tell us about the new catheters that interest me a lot, we are in "war" with them and Medtronic little pays.I have thought about opening a thread in bombs to put the email and fax of Medtronic so that anyone who has problems is encouraged, because it is a pass the poor quality that the catheters and the little case they do lately.We have been about to return to the feathers, because in a day and a half they have taken off to him! Four !!, in short, as someone said, "there is never complete happiness" ...

Kisses to everyone and have a good day.

DiabetesForo
07/13/2010 6:54 a.m.

Well, here I am Marcita, I just read you and I have stopped at the work that this July has crazy.

It turns out that this is our first summer with the Medtronic bomb (I think I have not yet changed in my firm that we had animals before) and as I have commented several times, the animas system gives one hundred thousand laps to Medtronic.The 3 previous summers that Nico wore the animas bomb did not take off the catheter ever and that here in summer is a beach or pool tomorrow and afternoon, so it will not be for not having been soak enough.

Anyway, we changed the bomb because we bought the minilink and during the winter despite going to the pool (it was nothing more than an hour in a row) we had not had a problem, but summer has been arriving and everything broke down.On the beach a disaster, we put the cap and then there was no way to unscrew it, it stuck and that we won it well.Now what we do is not put plug, we cover a little with tape and at least manage not to between sand.So that it is not taken because we have had to turn to put it without cream, or with ice or hair (it complains a little but immediately passes it).In Medtronic they only offered us the option of the oblique, telling them that we had already tried them and that they did not work (we had tried the 8mm), they only occurred to them the brilliant idea of ​​sending us others that "surely they are doing better" andThey sent about 13mm: Shock :: Shock: Let's go a full -fledged flag that of course we are not going to try.If with the 8mm we already touched the muscle, in short.

With the sensor it is another longer story and the result is that we have had to remove the sensor in summer because there was no shape.

Well that I roll up, as they did not offer us solutions, my husband found in an American forum that Medtronic has other catheters that have the animas system (the form of hitch is like the oblique (it hooks with a click instead of a thread)But the insertion is normal, perpendicular and the inserter has incorporated, which can always carry a replacement in the bag).Apparently people were very happy and did not give the problem of detached.We talked to Medtronic and they told us that they did but that they were more expensive and then they had a problem with the administration to take care of that extra cost.

If they have a better system, we must demand it, complain as many times as necessary and if they ignore us then complain to our endocrine to change our bomb.What cannot be is that they have solutions and do not want to provide them, as if they were not earning enough money with us: X

Ah the new catheters are called "mine", to see if the link Link

mani05's profile photo
mani05
07/13/2010 8:42 a.m.

: Shock :: Shock: Hallucino in Colleres, man, I have been checked: shock :: shock:
What we are happening with the catheters and have better ones who do not even tell you about them: Evil :: Evil: I have already called Medtronic and I am waiting for me to call me the zone delegate to give me information, the truth is that theI just can keep them with the omnifix.Today I have reached the new boxes that have changed me, to see what these last ...
Thank you Mani, and of course I am your opinion, to complain and claim what is needed, only then do things get ...

DiabetesForo
07/14/2010 7:58 a.m.

My son is also taken off, some more than others, well and as some rest of the cream is left or the gel is very creamy, nothing lasts.At this step I will have to wash the child with burn alcohol: Evil:
I chose the Medtronic because my son has a meter but the truth is that there are other bombs that also have good performance, I were in Spain the animas ping would think about it, for example you can lower the occlusion threshold, than in that ofMedtronic no, and sometimes I take my son the catheter made a zeta but since the Medtronic bomb has I don't know how many bars, what comes to be about 3-5 units, and I never put my son that amount that amountFrom a cup, because I never skip the alarm of "there is no infusion" although it is evident that nothing insulin happens.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/14/2010 1:43 p.m.

Hello family
Well, I must be the only one that has no problems with the catestres so I will not say it very high because it gives me something just to think about it, but we are going to claim it is claimed the same, everything is so that they solve this problem at once.
Patrice, calm, you will see how the low one passes and if not as Mornita says he returns to the above and solved.
Mornita, totally in accordance with the lawyers, I would pay more than 15 euros a year that I paid for nothing, I forgive myself forgot the magazines.The subject of schools ..... I think they will not be so dumb and never prohibit a child from going to a hike, they will simply refuse to take care of the disease and how they are within their right .... Of allForms in case someone ever happens, to put it in writing.
Kisses.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
07/14/2010 8:43 p.m.

Thank you very much for your animals, the truth is that after 1 week things look otherYou want to cry when eating time and tells me "Mom put me the bolus here in the bomb."We are already adjusting the values ​​more although it is still somewhat high at night in the section of 00:00 to 03:00 hours and yesterday a low of 42 goes fright !!I imagine that with a little more time we will be able to understand how basal and bolus affect their little body.

For me for now I have not taken off any catheter but we are going to have wood from what you say.I wanted to ask if you give him any cream when you take away the catheter, in the hospital they told me to buy me an aloe vera plant and give it directly with it, I do not know if it is a good idea that you do you?

DiabetesForo
07/16/2010 4:29 a.m.

Good morning,
Patrice, I'm glad you see things differently, everything is adjusting, always adjust.I recentskin as a strap and with this it is phenomenal.
Beky, I'm glad to read you, how are the kids, and your puzzles?
Mornita, it has never given me an infusion error (well, yes once barley, but never put) and that once was the obstructed cannula with a droplet of blood ...
I have already spoken with Medtronic of mine catheters, it seems that they are not yet marketed in Spain and are studying how to introduce them, they say they will tell me something.At the moment we are testing the new lots, to see what happens.
And this weekend we are going to my town, which today is my father's birthday and tomorrow mine, to celebrate it together.
Kisses and good weekend.That glycemia accompany you (as Velia says) and the catheters do not fall ... :)) :))

DiabetesForo
07/16/2010 6:28 a.m.

Good morning!!!
We are back.
I see that we are linked to the Cateters theme, what a fabric!We this year of luxury with the obliques (by the way man, Ágela uses the 13 mm. But I did not know that there were 8, you have some of those to try them, if so you tell me and give you the direction,Jolín is that the cannula is long), it is also true that we are not putting anesthesia and any with the water, as it should be, of course.(I believe that anesthesia with sweat or water is a bad combination, even cleaning the area well).
Patrice, I'm glad you are more optimistic.Little by little you will find the guideline that comes best.Cheer up.
And as Becky says, if you have to fight, or protest, or whatever, it is done and period.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/17/2010 8:40 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello to all.I just read you, that I had not made it with peace of mind.I mean, there are 8 mm oblique catheters?First news.To my son with the little chicha and what is still complaining when I place it I think they are going well- I ask.Tell me velia if the tests how.
We are do not sniffs the catheters and are being bathed a lot. use 13mm obliques and use Emla.What is happening to us that does not need bowling when I take it off (half an hour) because I do so much exerted in the water that remains well.Last year I got 300 when I bathed it although I put the bowling corresponding to the basal.
I am thinking of getting a belt of those you use for the pump for when we are on the beach or pool.I put it in the swimsuit pocket, which I buy them with pocket and Belcro but it is uncomfortable.
Lena, I'm still trying new things about meals.Now I give minimilk ice cream that is half a ration and very well, but everything you told me, among other drinks that have come from pearls in Candá.There they suggest even the bottles of water.Everything is sweet and colorful hyper.Now, they label everything that is a joy.They put carbohydrates even in the Macdonals and with visible, fat letter.No calculation must be made.It is a joy
Patrice, sounds like you are already on the right track.Much encouragement.I already told me something more than a month to have decent minimamnete figures, where does the pump take the end?
Kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
07/17/2010 1:07 p.m.

Girls, forgive myself but I have gotten, there are no oblique 8mm catheters, hopefully.The ones we had were 13mm and what occurred to us as "best option" were 17mm.I feel you have made you illusions :(
What we have to give the can is with mine, Marcita have told you that they are not marketed in Spain not because they do not have them, but because they do not reach an agreement in price with the administration.I am sure that if we call to buy it on our own, they sell it to us, in England they have been on their website for some time.
It is seen that each one is going in a way, what things.I imagine that it will also depend on the skin of each child, the heat and humidity that we do where we live or in the insertion zone, I do not know, the fact is that we can all solve it so that our kids continue to take their normal life.
We have the "parked" sensor, as he had it in the culete with the wet swimsuit so much time he had fatal skin, even once with pus.And with the beach sand we also have a fight with the catheter, so already without a plug, a little covered with tape and ended, you have to look for truquillos.
Someone asked about the creams, apart from the Bolthat goes quite well and costs about 6 euros).The other day I put aloe vera cut from the plant and also did a lot, of course we were in the pool and I had almost all the time without a swimsuit, with the culete in the air and the sun, everything that was pleasedSee it: d

mani05's profile photo
mani05
07/17/2010 7 p.m.

Ohhhh, what a pity about the catheters ... well, because to fight for the new ones, to give the can to see what happens.
I TB.I think that the type of skin influences, and sweat, and the anesthetic is because 2 times or 3 that has happened to Angela has always given me the impression that we have done it in a hurry and I have not cleaned the area well.... but it is certainly a fuck ...
Mani, we already gave up in the meter summer.Come on, it has been a resounding failure, even in May we had it because they left because they couldn't stand it for half an hour.We'll see in winter how the thing is given.
I hope you are all enjoying swimming pools, playitas, mountain .... that our kids are having a good summer.
By the way, Angela has put ice cream until back.He has discovered the frigodedos (1.5 rations), the superclack (1 ration), the frigo feet (I think that Tb. 1 Rac), of course it happens that now he says that the minimilk (1/2 ration), what a list ... well, you have to say that they won them with the exercise that Hehco has ...
And with respect to disconnection, it has also been a success.He agreed to go to the beach with 1 hour and a half more or less after breakfast, his figure ranged between 150 and 180, gave him 1/2 ration, disconnected and at 2 and a half or three hours he connected, when we arrived at the beach bar,His figure used to be between 70-90, he took his appetizer, put 0.3-0.4 but with the intention of barbing the cannula.And in the pool the same.

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/20/2010 7:33 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia: And you don't need Angela bowling by disconnecting the same to the basal?Do you exercise so much?
Today that we have spent 8 hours in the pool we have made a couple of 370. Of course he also eats more disorderly and worse.

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
07/20/2010 3:46 p.m.

Hello, we continue in a phase of adjusting, it is still a little high at about 3 in the morning, but what really brings me heading is after breakfast, it is always horrible above 250 good today of the end I just didAnd 361, I don't know what to do because the problem is that it then gives it low and reaches food with 60 or so and that giving it a couple of cookies before.In the hospital they told me to wait more for breakfast after putting the insulin but I already wait for him 40 minutes, and now in summer it goes away because he stays the drawings but in September there will have been for me, I don't goTo wake up 2 hours before going to school, how do you do it?
Santesteban at the end took a belt in Medtronic it is doing very well but only that I begin to wear inner shirt I will follow your advice that seems very comfortable to me.
Another thing, I am hallucinated when you talk about your children eat ice cream, I am prohibited by the endocrinecapable of assimilating such a amount of sugars and that although at 2 hours of having eaten it in normal values ​​at 10 minutes the sugar rush is very large, that you tell me why I would love that my son could take ice cream and othersMany things that have prohibited me from giving him, as juices for example.

DiabetesForo
07/21/2010 6:42 a.m.

Patrice, naturally that they can eat ice cream.In fact, they can eat any sweet, provided that insulin is adjusted and that is done from time to time.He passes the link to our "header website", where he explains how to do it.I took that doctor for a while, and the ice cream test was done there.It is easy:

Regarding breakfast, I think you may need some more insulin in the bolus and, if you get down to the food, lower a tad the basal at that time.

Health

DiabetesForo
07/21/2010 12:17 p.m.

Good afternoon!!!!
Angela has had her first rule :?8), she has taken it very well, this is no longer the thing before.To me by Porco gives me a country of the shame that I passed: Oops :.At the moment the glycemia have not detached us, I had these days from the back to go up units but it is clear that since we have returned on vacation the exercise has been void.Of course, he had a little trouble a couple of days, yesterday he cried 2 or 3 times for nothing, come on, poor, welcome to the adult world.snif.
Santesteban, I also attract my attention from the disconnection, the first 2 years of bomb passed us like you, I went up later, and that we only disconnected it 1 hour, but it is true that the exercise he did was much lower, he just got into the pool of the little ones or to play in the brief part of the big one, without much movement ... now it is not stopped, on the beach he hit a large tute with the surf minitaba, taking waves,swimming ... and on the shore with the blades and the ball, or the occasional walk through the sand ..... and in the pool not for a second, the one we had in the urbanization was quite large and withforms and was dedicated to contour over and over again .... so you can imagine.
Patrice, of course they can eat everything, as Alea tells you, in fact we have a continuous meter and we have not noticed lack of control with ice cream, on the contrary, fat makes the effect of HC delay, s.In fact, our endocrine has always recommended us to eat everything, that does knowing the rations it has, taking into account fat, the glycemic index to better control insulin to wear.And of course as they have told you, measuring capillaryly a little more than normal, especially until you get the calm to the food in question ... Of course you take advantage when it is something low, when you exercise or you will do it, better every way, they get better metabolized .... Of course with injections it is a roll, because you cannot use squares, or correct more, but having bomb is another story.
With respect to breakfast, in our case it happened to us, the blood glucose was shot and had very high posts, I would also increase the basal, in addition to the Bolus as Alea says, and the basal would lower him from the post, so as not to haveThat downturn you comment.
I'm going to read a ratillo.
Greetings and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/21/2010 1:45 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Patrice, your endocrine is quite strict, although it is true that it is right, the foods that have very rich in hydrates and fats are difficult to handle but that does not mean that it cannot be achieved, simply trial-error.My son has a continuous meter, so in that sense I find it easy to see how foods affect glycemia, foods containing fats: Evil: they are very folding.Let's see that insulin cannot cope with glycemia peaks, I do not agree, simply by putting it with enough time to the intake of the food in question and especially the fair amount, the example of the juice is very suitable,If you are going to take an orange juice (1 ration) if you put the insulin and immediately give it the juice, it is clear that the juice will "win to insulin" (it will also depend on the previous blood glucose) the thing is to put theInsulin 30 minutes before this way you make sure it is in full functioning.Anyway, it is practice, you ask and we will tell you what we do each and nothing to launch.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/22/2010 4:48 a.m.

I never put the insulin before, what I do is increase the basal of half an hour to three quarters of an hour before breakfast, food and dinner, especially breakfast, and I keep it high for at least 1 hour or hour and a half,Thus, when the HC starts to take effect, S has also taken the basal effect.Our first endocrine, dr.Arroyo completely agreed with this method, however this new says that this is a mistake, that it is to lower basels based on basal, and that it limits a lot if you change the schedules, and as I say, what are thetemporary?And the other patterns?I have a profile for the weekend and another for working days, and now on vacation one on vacation .... Anyway, that I do very well, I do not have an intermediate upper (and that I save myself),And I've been doing it for several years.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/23/2010 6:02 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good,
What an interesting topic: ice cream.Noe eats them daily in the afternoon, as a complement to their snack, it is true that I prefer to give them without sugars but if it falls with sugar, it falls and we do not have problems, it is that, adjust the insulin dose, see the glycemic index ...
Velia my mother, Angela a little woman!: ((What a penita who grows so fast ... and I'm glad he took it with such maturity.
I also use temporal basal, dual and square bolus ... for that they are, so that our children can eat "almost" without restrictions and helping their glycemia are within the "normal".
Well, my Noe also grows that he peeles them, has put 1 kilo in what we have been summer and they have fallen two teeth !!The little mouse Perez has worked with her with her :)) :))
Well, and from the new catheters I still don't know anything, they have not called me, so I have continued to give the can.It perishes that these that changed us are better, we are going that the girl bathes daily in the pool for hours and they leave intact, these are something else ... Let's see if they last, because opening a new box is like making the lottery ...
Udanes, you have not tell us anything how are you going?
Have a good day, kisses.

DiabetesForo
07/23/2010 7:16 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.