{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Very good,
Uffff, how much does not enter ...
Let's see if I read what you have written, I just come to greet and welcome Mariape.
I hope you have started the course with a good foot.We without novelty, just as apathetic in school, nothing collaborators and yesterday the catheter fell: Evil :.On Friday we have to end up and we have stayed there with Medtronic to address the subject, to see if we solve something.
I'm already entering more slowly.
Kisses and good day.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/21/2010 6:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello again to everyone,
Well after three months of debut and such a fight with the glucometer today we have gone to endo and 7 glycosiladFrom here a greeting to all

mariape's profile photo
mariape
09/21/2010 10:08 a.m.

Hello everyone, the first thing to say that I am new in this forum, my son debuted only 2 weeks ago and the school has started on Monday.At the moment this seems crazy to me, I can not understand the figures of the happy glycemia, because despite doing what they tell us, it has sometimes uploaded too much.Well the main reason for my entry into the forum is to know more about the bombs, I am totally new in this, I do not know very well in what they consist and who can put them on.

I thank you in advance for your help.

Greetings

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
09/22/2010 6:58 a.m.

Hello Anaaa, welcome !!!The principle is always chaotic, and initial ignorance makes everything more complicated, but be calm that you will gradually move forward and understand those things that now escape you.Cheer up.
If you are interested in the pump issue you have reached the right place.Almost all our children carry it.From the little ones.Specifically, my now 12 -year -old daughter is since 7 and it is for me the best treatment we can have at this time.Tell us where you are, in which hospital they take you, the age of your child and its treatment.I advise you to go through the pump section and your doubts ask us again.If you feel like I can pass you the num.Telephone by private, in case you want to chat.

Congratulations on that hemo, Mariape ​​... a 7 in a child and especially if her glycemia are stable is a magnificent hemo ... continues to tell us.

A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/22/2010 7:39 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Anaa, how are you?Well my son tb is new and we, we have the first thing we thought was in the bombs but today x today and for now we will not opt ​​for that option not to be the total necessary for we see it more inconvenient but well x here people hereHe contests with them and I'm glad.I can tell you little because we are still in an assimilation plan but well little by little and while the pqs are happy because we will try to learn more pq that amazed as they assimilate it better than us a huge greeting and very many encouragement that is needed by chao

mariape's profile photo
mariape
09/22/2010 11:28 a.m.

Welcome, Ana.
You raise all doubts, that they will not be few, without fear, that we have all gone through the same at the beginning and we can understand you.

Health

DiabetesForo
09/22/2010 11:48 a.m.

Congratulations Mariape, what a good one for a little one.You are doing it great.
Ana, welcome.It is normal that with such little time from the debut andes a little lost, everything will arrive, you have to try to be calm, I know it is not easy.As you have told you, here we are a few mothers willing to help you in what you need, do not hesitate to ask.As for the theme of the bomb, I believe that almost all the kids of the forum, and not so small, has it.As Velia says, it is the best treatment for our children.We have been for a year and of course, it is not the same bomb diabetes as without it.
Have a good day.

DiabetesForo
09/23/2010 5:06 a.m.

Thank you very much for your spirits and advice.Being quiet is sometimes very complicated, I am so many things ...., the truth is that this diabetes is incredible one day you have your child healthI don't want to bore you with my sorrows, although I know you are who can better understand me.

Thanks for the information about the bombs, I suppose that is something that we can consider when we have the most controlled situation, I will ask you again.

At the moment I am most afraid is the happy hypoglycemia, it has not yet had Ninguan, but this morning at recess had a blood glucose of 71 and we have acted as if it were a hiccup.My fear is whether the time comes when he will notice.

Tomorrow let's be another little while and thank you again.

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
09/23/2010 11:35 a.m.

Hello everyone, anaa your calm that here we are some new ones in this and infinite concerns, I tell you a little about my pq, there have been days that he has been with 30 and he was not noticed and instead other days with 60He has not said it, anyway my son still tells us anything is we who based on using the muxo glucometer we are seeing how he acts, I would like any way that some mother who has a small child say as they are told pqMine at the moment says nothing and that is largely the fear of greetings

mariape's profile photo
mariape
09/23/2010 1:23 p.m.

Anaaa, if there is someone who can enter perfectly we are… The feelings are very similar, so tell us your fears, your anguish, here you do not bore anyone with sorrows.For that we are ... ah, very important, even if you are not able to see it, make an effort and trust that you will see things in another way and your life will be easier ... encouragement !!!

Mariape, how old is your little one? ... The truth is that they are very ready, and soon they will recognize symptoms associated with the hypos, the son of a friend with 3 years, when he felt under he said that the gut hurt, it was infallible.... Another can be hunger, paleness, their breathing when they are asleep ... the truth is that I have to admit that it was one of the things that me out of me, the same as you once did the pigtails to AngelaI saw dark circles and I measured him, 25, he marked that glycometer Mira entered rejilera on the legs .... but how I could stand, in the bathroom and so quiet with 25 ... in short ... that stage happens beforeof what you think.Cheer up.

Marcita, when you have a while you tell us.Stop for the thread of bombs that have explained a trick to apply the novel.

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/24/2010 5:45 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Many mood Ana, who in this diabetes at least always over time we will better.
The theme of hypos.My son now with 4 years old warns us saying that he is hungry although he is distracted he does not realize.He has come this summer to have 20 and be throwing stones in the field although he said that time he was a little dizzy (something he had never said) ever)
I usually notice because it gets more paiducho although it is not always successful by clicking on it and sometimes it is paleness of tiredness.
We are pending to call us to try the meter one day of these.It gives me a little laziness for the prick for others since it does not take them well but I really want to see their glycemia curves because although we walk with very good controls sometimes I think that at times it is in the clouds

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
09/24/2010 7:36 a.m.

Marcita I put my last discovery just in case it could serve you, I put it as I wrote it in the pump section.
I am checking if with them the catheters will stop giving so much war.I will keep counting
A hug

Veteran Mira are called Skin Tac Wipe and have an adhesive, I called Thursday morning by phone and they told me that they even carry a little alcohol, I spoke with Nobalac are distributors of Ánimas, they recommend these wipes precisely for catheters.First you give the wipe on the skin, according to instructions you have to let the skin dry get sticky and then insert the catheter (all this TB tells you on the phone).

I put the link where I found them, on the last page come the wipes and at the end of the page the phone to ask for them.For now everything is going well, they do not see, today we will give the little one a more or less long bath to prove their water resistance (which have told me that it is unbeatable) we will see ... for me it is the test of fire.

Ahhh cost 10 euros, but almost 20 euros have been more expensive (50 in individual containers) for shipping costs.I keep looking in case I can find them cheaper.

A hug

DiabetesForo
09/26/2010 3:33 a.m.

Good afternoon, I just enter to thank you once again for your understanding and support, tomorrow I will tell you some doubts that I have, especially with respect to food.Greetings

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
09/26/2010 1:32 p.m.

Very good,
I don't know how I mess up lately that I don't even go in ...:-/
Lena, thank you very much for the information, tell us how it goes with the bathroom and then when removing it, to see how it works, to see if it can be.
Santesteban, we also took Noe with 28 from glycemia and playing ball in the patio: shock: These kids have a endurance ... and other times with 60 it is already badly noticed.
Well, in the endo well, the hemo 7'2, little variability, well of portions ... in short, that the endo said that he had nothing to add, he even congratulated us for the controls ... and with Medtronic, becauseThe thing was that you have to complain and claim.Noe does not fall, lately, it goes through boxes, so when two falls from a box, call and ask for the change of boxes, when when disconnected it is an odyssey to connect, call and ask for change of boxes, so it isHow does this work.
Of the new catheters, mine, or taste in Spain at the moment, have a cost that our health is not willing to assume.
Well, that's all I have to tell, ah!Well, that autumn started and the mucos arrived ... :?
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
09/26/2010 1:42 p.m.

Marcita I am trying to send a private but ... how clumsy I am, I don't know what is wrong with me.

Anyway to what we are going, if you want I can send you by mail some wipes and the tests, because I believe that sometimes what works to others do not.So what is said if you want to send me a private with your address and do it in an ok?

A big hug for all, to see if I have more time and I went to take a charta of mine.To the "debutants" welcome you will feel at home, I felt so when I found this forum, they helped me a lot.

DiabetesForo
09/27/2010 4:38 a.m.

Hello good morning, I wanted to ask about the chlorinators who use your children, you are somewhat shaped like that it hurts less.I've been looking on the Internet but I don't get to any conclusion.My son uses Free Styley's prick he says he doesn't bother him much but I try it and do it dust ... (by the way with the bombs is it also necessary to become so many glycemia?)

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
09/27/2010 5:30 a.m.

Hello Ana,
My daughter uses the BD, the finest, who uses 0'2 mm lancetas and not even left brand in the fingers.With pump there are also so many controls, in fact, to maintain diabetes at bay is the only way, I do not 8 daily controls in normal conditions.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
09/27/2010 6:59 a.m.

Ana Welcome !!!
Mariape, Marcita Congratulations on us.

Marcita ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Two intact bathrooms and catheters, and I tell you, anyway, Spera has received the wipes that I have sent you before asking them to the house to try them first and see that they work you too.

We did not put omnifix, we only proceeded to find the wipe first, let it dry a little and insert cateter, in the oblique we have not yet tried, I do not know I have hope that perhaps it works well in those of 6mm and we do not have to usetoo oblique.It gives me the feeling that when stuck is tb it is more difficult for the cannula to move because those of 6mm (which is with those who have tested the wipes) have lasted the regulation time and how stuck we wereRemove with alcohol splash.

A kiss and if you don't care when you get and do the test, you tell me, I hope you are phenomenal and do not fall again with the help of the wipes.

Hi Ana,
My daughter uses the BD, the finest, who uses 0'2 mm lancetas and not even left brand in the fingers.With pump there are also so many controls, in fact, to maintain diabetes at bay is the only way, I do not 8 daily controls in normal conditions.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
09/29/2010 7:25 a.m.

Good morning!!!

Let's see if the wipes give good results and I buy to try the minilink.

The fingers, in addition to using very finite lancetas, give aloe vera or moisturizer in the fingers so that the area is regenerated before.And a lot broken.The truth is that when my daughter debuted for me, it was a suffering of the controls and seeing her fingers so marked, but it is necessary to keep blood glucose.

Now 2 or 3 weeks after the beginning of the course, what are the kids go?Have you already found the guidelines?The truth is that we are very happy, because it has already passed to the institute, with different teachers, different environment and it was an added concern, but we are very happy and what we do see is that Angela has matured a lot.

Marcita, how about the new box ?,

Kisses and Buend day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/30/2010 6 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good
We were going quite well with the beginning of the course, until David has taken a 24 -hour vomit virus that passed it on Saturday and now recalculating insulin dose since the absorption of HC has been altered.The last gastroenteritis already happened to us.
What we are lost (although we have talked for a long time) with the changes of catheters.We have to do it many times before dinner and at dawn we climb to the clouds with the famous effect in addition to insulin as water.
You could tell me again how much you join the basal change and if you do.
We with oblique without take -off problems but if the wipes are good we could try the short catheters again.
My prick is the one that brought the Aviva Aviva with a 6 lancet drum.I love not to change the lancetas every time and he almost never complains about the puncture.The lproblema will be to get drums of lancetas since the health center no longer has.I always forget about aloe vera in the dedications.The culete if I give it
Kissesss

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
09/30/2010 7:23 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.