{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Helloaaaaa,
How about x there?Well, my son's diabetes does not end up adapting to school and there we walk, the worst now that comes out an hour later at 2 and we have to calculate again.Tomorrow I put the flu vaccine x if he gives him a fever that of the find in my house, another puncture, but well within the evil it is that we are controlling it but it is a continuous job, the poor carries the fed foist fromBoth control will try aloe vera and say x there and we will have a greeting

mariape's profile photo
mariape
09/30/2010 11:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good, family.
Lena, the wipes have already arrived, a lot of thanks.It will take a few days to try them because the catheter box we have works, they go well and last until Saturday, then it is time to start another and we will see how they are, of course, the slightest problem I try the wipes and change the box.How is your little one?
Santesteban, I hope David is already better.At the beginning of last year the same thing did not happen and the hydrates did not absorb well, little by little he was regulating, but with the bomb it is wonderful, I do not want to remember that at that time we still had a letharle and the chips passed ...
Velia Ángela better with her mouth?How soon he has adapted to the institute ...
Well, with Noe, for the moment and touching wood, we are doing well with the school pattern, as it has the same schedules that last year we have had to change little, the truth and for the moment it goes well.
Well, nothing, you have a good Friday and very good weekend with the little ones at home.Kisses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/01/2010 5:11 a.m.

Marcita I'm very glad that the catheters are going well, if we have to complain more and not let one pass, call Medtronic to the slightest problem and give "the plasta" all day.Because the vast majority of the times you call them for something in particular that happens to us with saying Huyy because we have no one to happen to you!And then you talk to other people and it turns out that you are no exception.
Santesteban the gastros is that they are a pussy, but it is pursed, but as Marcita says with the bomb it becomes much more bearable.

Having girls I wanted to ask you a question, I don't know if asking you because I think ... I'm going to depress myself:?:?Well, do you have glycemic speaking flat days, that is, perfect days?We are obviously having them but ... very often in our case, almost every day we have a rise greater than 200, not in specific hours, today without going any further, in school almost always has perfect controls, but today in the controlPost Breakfast 289 Take now!We have put a corrector and at the time I was already in 179 we are going very well.Another day post snack control at 7:00 p.m. 169 (we leave it because it always tends to go down) because that day the "azukiki" decides to go up 254 hallucin!Anyway, the case is that when it is not one thing.And I squeeze my head all day.I usually know what each climb occurs, except when as the afternoon I have tell you up the sugar decides to go free.Could it be something wrong?Looking this morning at 6:30 had 69 I have given it a glucosport that is equivalent to half a ration (because yesterday at 8:00 p.m. I played a catheter change and has been in very good values ​​all night) the gluco has done too much effectAnd at 7:30 he was 176mg/dl I have put 0.3 as a corrector and his Bolus breakf(to breakfast cookies and milk like other days) and from there on the 289 of the post.

His hem is 6.4 with exciting hypoglycemia and of little importance (almost always the opposite that Santesteban behind the change of catheter to our little barley makes it a lot of effect).

My mother that talks I have thrown you !!!

I do not know that sometimes I am until the very bun, God if we are pending all day.

DiabetesForo
10/01/2010 7:11 a.m.

What?
Well, I am the same thing that you until the bun, I cannot complain many pq is worse but we are tb we are controlling all day and still things do not come out as you want, also as my son does not tell us when he has a worse hiccWe see it a bit white and control or it is very irritated and control but well we are little by little we are driving.By the way I have vaccinated him against the flu and I had to vaccinate I first was afraid of the needle so that you see, and I have cried more than the evil that they have done to me and the whole whole I hope I do not do itreacted and not fever that that was missing.A greeting

mariape's profile photo
mariape
10/01/2010 12:40 p.m.

Lena, garment, is that our children are diabetic ... It is what has the damn disease, there are so many factors that influence that it is impossible to control everything.It is true that there are more stable periods than others, but in general it is not, at least when they are small.There are times that ups or downs do not have much explanation.Think that if they are punctual and if they are corrected soon they will not have so much impact.And fortunately our children measured enough often to make that.

MARIAPE, ANYMO.

Santesteban, what the little one?.Last year he also happened to him, right?It is that Angela was the same, and it took a few days when her organism assimilated the HC well.

Becky, man, how are you?How old is Noah?Has the school started?

Jose, I don't know if you read us, if so, go and tell us how you are doing.How about Maria.

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/04/2010 5:45 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello again, I see that the majority are with the same problems as us, is to dedicate the adaptation to school, to the activities (see tonight that Diego has started judo and the sport is taking effect after a few hours), and with the first colds.We are a little quieter that I needed.Velia wanted to ask you what a continuous meter is.Thanks and good luck for all.

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
10/05/2010 5:08 p.m.

Good morning!!!

Anaa, any change is complicated for us, is to recalculate again, go up or down insulin, but it is what there is.Exercise is true that it influences children, and you have to be careful at night, that the effect can last many hours.
The continuous meter is basically a (quite invasive) device that is inserted subcutaneously for a few days (6-7 more or less), and that measures blood glucose every 5 minutes, presenting the figures on a receiving device that can be the owninsulin pump or other specific device for it.There is within the pump section a thread that talks about him and our experience with the system.Here the forum is taken by the son of Mani05, Mornita's son, I think Santesteban's is in doors to try it, and Sandra's son.

By the way, Sandra, to see if you enter and tell us how is you doing.Have you advanced in something. Is the little one better?

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/06/2010 6:24 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hi Anaa!Well, if my son carries the continuous meter, in general, it is how Velia has explained it to you, if you want more information or have any questions, ask, I will try to answer you from my experience.

By the way, Mani, have you already tried the meter in the arm?I owe you a photographic report ...
I have read the bad time that you spent, at least the meter allows us to control a little more, although it is magical, it is not, to take it our children are always "stable" as a question above Lena.I wanted to ask you one thing, in school, how do you do it?carries the alarms on?

mornita's profile photo
mornita
10/06/2010 3 p.m.

Mariape ​​if these children are brave, how about the vaccine?Did he reaction?I have to vaccinate it soon.
Velia what reason you carry but sometimes that frustrating is, in short, as you say they are diabetic.

Well girls for those who are interested in proof over, the wipes are like the super glu (I don't know if it is written like this) they do not see, they are antiagua, I have already tried it a few times and the catheter does not move anything at all.So, Marcita if you need it via free you buy if you want.

Marcita and you, did you try the wipes that I sent you?Let's see if you enter and tell me beautiful.

Well a greeting to allssssssssssss.

DiabetesForo
10/14/2010 3:58 a.m.

How good that the wipes work.I will try them with the meter.Now you will have to refresh the memory, what they are called, where they are bought.: Oops:

: Oops: We in the middle of adolescence, when we do not forget the shake, we forget to put on the bolus, or worse, we throw the boat of strips new to the garbage and we take the old one full of used strips: shock: ...

Marcita, how are you going?
Mani, you already returned: idea :?How about the contest?I hope everything went well.

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/14/2010 5:16 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

How good the wipes work.I will try them with the meter.Now you will have to refresh the memory, what they are called, where they are bought.: Oops:

Velia I put it on as I put it in bombs (forgive is that I go with something hurry) a hug

Veteran Mira are called Skin Tac Wipe and have an adhesive, I called Thursday morning by phone and they told me that they even carry a little alcohol, I spoke with Nobalac are distributors of Ánimas, they recommend these wipes precisely for catheters.First you give the wipe on the skin, according to instructions you have to let the skin dry get sticky and then insert the catheter (all this TB tells you on the phone).

I put the link where I found them, on the last page come the wipes and at the end of the page the phone to ask for them.For now everything is going well, they do not see, today we will give the little one a more or less long bath to prove their water resistance (which have told me that it is unbeatable) we will see ... for me it is the test of fire.

Ahhh cost 10 euros, but almost 20 euros have been more expensive (50 in individual containers) for shipping costs.I keep looking in case I can find them cheaper.

DiabetesForo
10/14/2010 5:48 a.m.

What?Greetings for all, well, because of my pq the vaccine did not react, the arm x the afternoon and nothing else hurt us a little.The school is wearing it and for the moment and I will not speak very high, we are going well with some hypo but controlling.What we think is that it is very complicated in such young children to carrying a more or less ideal control influence many factors and you cannot control them because it is a small child and it is not always the same.We are already assuming but what really annoy is that you hear TV and it seems that it is a terrible disease and the surrounding people do nothing but say that poor, because I do not have a totally normal life except for its controls and evenWe tried to go to the macdonals q desd q I should not have gone and well you will tell me the ones you have more experience that such and nothing because until the next chao

mariape's profile photo
mariape
10/14/2010 2:42 p.m.

Mariape, shortly the comments will enter you by one ear and will come out for another.
With respect to the Burguer and other extra meals, it is a matter of testing.Specifically there is an HC table, S for the meals of the McDonalds, so you will know more or less how much to put ... the truth is that in a couple of times you will know how to calculate much better.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/15/2010 6:05 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good morning to everyone, today I spend x here to make you a question especially for those who have young children, when do you give them syrups that contain glucose?I ask you because today I have taken the child to emergency for cough and a ear and the doctor who has attended us had no idea of ​​any syrup that would not carry this component, so it has ended up recovering the flow that takes half of theSugar is not much either the dose of syrup but I ask it X if you know any mark for me to consult with the Muxas Hu a doctor thanks

mariape's profile photo
mariape
10/17/2010 7:02 a.m.

Mariape ​​Junifen at 4% and Apiretal.
Anyway, I'm going to put a link that Novo Nordisk Spain made to serve you a bit of reference, apart from the medications many things come that are very good
A hug and that the constipated to your little one passed.

The Junifen I think it does not come (nose because) but you give it quiet that does not affect at all in the glycemia (it has saccharin, maltitol ...), I to my little one for age (5 years) and weight (16 k)I usually give 3ml.

DiabetesForo
10/17/2010 8:27 a.m.

Hello beautiful

I have the little ones prepared for the bathroom so I can not entertain myself but I have read Mariape ​​and I wantedHoly, "fix" everything) there is also some more specific syrup for when they have cough, it's called coughna, but according to Nicolás it is very bad (and that he likes almost all medicines) so when he has cough I give him theFlowAs they are small amounts, I also do not notice that glycemia uploads so much.
By the way, for when they have a lot of cough that cannot sleep, there are some suppositories that are very good that are called antitusigen diminex that calms them a lot but they are a strong tad.The best thing is that you consult everything with the pediatrician but sometimes it is good to know some name because it is true that most do not know the medicines that do not have sugar.
May the little one improve.
Kisses

mani05's profile photo
mani05
10/17/2010 2:58 p.m.

What?Muxas thanks Lena and Mani05 they have them into account and I will take a list to the head doctor PQ everything has to consult it but on this subject the experienced ones are the one who know the most, I will tell you how that cough is a greeting

mariape's profile photo
mariape
10/17/2010 4:32 p.m.

Hello everyone, I have not been able to enter, but this morning in a ratillo I have read you all, welcome to the new Anaa, Mariape, ..., I am glad that all the kids remain well, to us the beginning of theCole has brought us head until I have managed to find the guideline with the happy lunch, I do not say very high but it seems that he is achieved.The school nurse has helped us a lot, it is wonderful controls Alejandro every morning and learned to change the basal if necessary, it is a shame that there is no service in all schools.I wanted to ask you if your kids stay to eat in the school? I have not dared to leave it.
Mariape, regarding the medications that you comment I have a list with all the free medications of sucrose divided by groups if you want it I can send it to you by email you will tell me or if any need you tell me, I gave it to meThe endocrine when Alejandro debut to take him to the pediatrician, so when she gets bad she looks at the list and the corresponding medication is prescribed.

DiabetesForo
10/18/2010 5:40 a.m.

Hello Patrice, I do not leave my child in the dining room, it is more I have stopped working to be with him and have him more controlled, maybe I exaggerate a little, but you already know that this is at the beginning is chaos.I wanted to ask you about the honeymoon of your little ones, Diego is in full honeymoon and barely needs insulin, they have already told us that this will last little, I wanted to know a little as it was in the case of your children.Greetings and thanks

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
10/18/2010 2:12 p.m.

Hello everyone, how long without writing ... Read I have read you, but I have not had time, or desire.
We walk with very low figures at dawn (40) and (37) and on top, will play the least nice.
Muxus for all

Udane's profile photo
Udane
10/18/2010 2:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.