{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Well for now I have tried the juice without sugars and phenomenal I looked at him at 2 hours and had 140 so I would continue to test, you could tell me if you give him something that contains sugar you put some amount of extra insulin or only the one that corresponds to him byHydrates?
Now we have a problem and the other day Alejandro started the catheter at the poor night goes disgust, I think it chopped because he puts his skin very redd through the area, ask in the pharmacy some cream of aloe vera vera vera vera vera veraAnd they told me that there was none, that he gave him his usual moisturizer that regenerated a lot but I don't know if that relieved the area.
The breakfast I think I am solving it I have increased the bolus and the basal a bit as Velia says 2 hours and so it does not give up what happens that in this way what it needs is to have lunch but it continues to give it low at the time ofThe food.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/24/2010 4:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello to allssss !!!!We are back, we have been in Palma de Mallorca (beautiful land where there are) in a paradisiacal place, 18 days of tranquility, with great Mallorcan friends that we already feel like brothers, its little TB is "firefighter" is a beautiful child.The good thing that diabetes brought us was to meet this beautiful family, already in 2008 we went to meet them and we were so delighted that ... this year we decided to repeat.

In the Aparthotel where we have been treated wonderfully, especially our "sugar", with a very close treatment (it is the second year that we are going and it will not be the last), the little one all day in the water. Mother of mine.What has you enjoyed !!!!!Continuously disconnected, the catheters have left us calm, they have not taken off, the glycemia more or less have accompanied us, some descent (unimportant) and some climb without ketone and easily corrected, and what is even more amazingTry the 6mm catheters and they have worked perfectly, we had a catheter failure and it was 2 days after arriving and with the oblique, already in that change we tested those of 6mm (for the theme of the time of the lambdaline)The fly behind the ear that my little one is in a period of daily exercise those of 6mm works perfectly. Why can it be?Nose nose.

Well, I'm going to leave you because I arrived this morning and I have not disposed or suitcases ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡If I can go tonight and lite myself

DiabetesForo
07/24/2010 3:26 p.m.

Patrice, that there are no creams of Aloe Vera in the pharmacy?: Shock: ... if you have Mercadona, I think man said there they sell it ... and if you can get a better plant.I have one, although we have overwhelmed it and there is a little Plofff .... You can extract the leaf gel, and keep it in a tarrito, for the week ... it is very good.
Lena, I'm glad your return and that the holidays have been so positive.
We here by spending a calorazo ... Every day I see the prediction of time to see if the temperatures go down, and for the moment we will have, until Thursday does not improve this ... Go cognizage.
A kiss and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/26/2010 5:35 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello to all, how long ...
Marcita, thank you for remembering us, although I don't know you, I thank you for a lot.
It is great, today for 15 months and gatea for 3 days!And all thanks to you and the advice you gave me over the right, change that to have been the key for everything to improve.
Unfortunately, although the girl is great who are not well, it is me and my husband.But it is not being like that and we are already thinking about separating ...
I don't know, if any of you have gone through this?

Udane's profile photo
Udane
07/29/2010 11:29 a.m.

UDANE, the problems are always fire tests for couples.By themselves they do not join or separate, but they can be triggers of the one or the other, depending on the strength of the ties.
I do not dare to give you any advice, except the dialogue.

Health

DiabetesForo
07/29/2010 11:38 a.m.

Very good family,
It is glad that the little one is so good, that you already take the guidelines and grow so quickly, now it is in a great age.I am very sorry for the problems with your husband, I am either who to give you advice.I can only tell you that through that same situation we have spent many (I include) and still, after more than three years, we have many disagreements, but things have to speak them, analyze where the differences arise and try to solve it, not only for you, but for your daughter.If you can't only, maybe it's good a "help" from outside.I don't know what else to tell you.
Much encouragement and good luck.A kiss.

DiabetesForo
07/30/2010 5 a.m.

Good morning to all !!!!!

patrice , the principles with the bomb are a bit crazy the truth, at least for us, I remember it a little similar to the debut, as far as insulins are concerned since you have to find againThe guidelines.You will see how you immediately with them, although if I am sincere, you spend your life making changes, but you must think that with the multiple doses it also happens, with a big difference with the insulin pump it is easier and bearable to make all those modifications.

As for the little one you will see how in a couple of days it is more than accustomed, the children are very smart and immediately notice the change for better, you no longer have to prick them so much and that doubts that they know, and the nights ....If is 200 because ... a bolus to correct and do not find out, with multiple doses it would be a puncture.You will see that the quality of life is much better, for the child and TB for you, the parents.

Oh I forgot, I looked like the catheter with a splash of alcohol, it is a saint's hand! And then when I spend 12 hours I give a massage in all the puncture areas with rose oil from Mosqueta, but what is what whatYou want is an Aloe Vera lotion, there is a very good one called "Sativa Alóe de Cosmeclinik".I am going to consider what Velia says to have a plant at home.

In short, just tell you that, what you feel now is what I felt in the beginning of putting it on my girl (with 22 months) but that with the passing of the days you will realize that the advantages far exceed the inconcentive.A very big kiss.

Mania I have stayed with the cateters mine, with the problems we have had with the happy catheters !!!!I'm going to gerrrea tb from here to see if we get to listen to us.

Marcita I am very happy that with "omnifix" the catheters endure in place, we are doing very well, so much that we already put the omnifix by default, in winter and in summer.How about Noe?I guess as my "sugar" all day in the water, right?

Marcita wanted to comment on one thing, look at my palm friend, she has provided some dressings that are called Tegaderm TM Film, they are very similar to the film paper, and serve to throw the lambdaline or emla, you put dressing and the duck water!, there is no one to take them even alcohol, I tell you because they may help you to put under the catheters but the omnifix convinces you.I still investigate how to take them off easily, I will try almond oil and I will tell you.Please girls try it all especially for the issue that they can bathe with the anesthetic cremita thrown away!

So you have already visited the "mouse perez" to Noe?Wishing is my little one because I come to see her hahahaha tell him noe that if he sees him tell him to make a visit, especially to throw a little of one of the palettes that he has crooked by a fall.;);)

Beky I'm glad that you are well, and you don't have catheter takeoff problems, what envy I have!;);) give your little princesses a very big kiss.

Santesteban Guapísima, what about those lands of Canada?I see you very lively and it gives me a lot of joy.Regarding the belts for the insulin pump, I bought a couple of them in their day and we are doing very well.

I am very happy that you test new meals,: P: P a bear hug.

Velia, my dear Velia, I'm glad Angela has such great controls, what a great and good girl has to be!Transmit it a very big kiss from me.

MORNITA , hallucinated I have stayed with the orange juice in life I have given one to my little one!But when do you give it to him?

Congratulations on those glycemia is a sign that you do theVery requeso things.
Regarding the other one that you comment, that I can tell you .... The beginnings are so bad .... We have a bad time, little by little we were surpassing it but it cost us a lot.As Marcita says, I needed a little foreign aid, I still have some downturn, so I can't advise you too much, just tell you that much encouragement.

Well girls, maybe it's a few days without reappearing here, we are going to spend the month of August to a little house that has my family on the outskirts of Madrid, I'm going to take the small computer but last year connected to the InternetFatal, I really like readers and know about you.

A kiss for all and especially for little sweets.

P.S.Sorry if I have committed any lack of spelling I have written run that runs: D: D: D: D: D: D

DiabetesForo
07/30/2010 6:09 a.m.

Hello again,
I have forgotten to tell you what happened to us before last night: before dinner Noe I had 131, dinner, I put insulin and in the postI did not have the trick, at the time I do control and: shock :: shock: 519: shock :: shock :, I make it ketone and it has 1, I check catheter, it is stuck, it does not smell like insulin, I correct withPen, change catheter ... To all this noteing, with gut pain, totally declined (it was also almost one in the morning).We checked the catheter that we have taken, it was inside, well placed, straight, we tried to barCan it be that insulin itself crystallized and clog the cannula?As I said, Noe bathes a lot and disconnect and connect the pump several times can it influence?Then he was going down well, 210 and 0'5 ketonic, 111 at 3:00 a?
Anyway, when it is not the catheter, it is obstructed, bubbles ... I think I'm starting to see the inconvenience to the bomb ... :(:-/

DiabetesForo
07/30/2010 6:46 a.m.

Hello again,
I have forgotten to tell you what happened to us before last night: before dinner Noe I had 131, dinner, I put insulin and in the postI did not have the trick, at the time I do control and: shock :: shock: 519: shock :: shock :, I make it ketone and it has 1, I check catheter, it is stuck, it does not smell like insulin, I correct withPen, change catheter ... To all this noteing, with gut pain, totally declined (it was also almost one in the morning).We checked the catheter that we have taken, it was inside, well placed, straight, we tried to barCan it be that insulin itself crystallized and clog the cannula?As I said, Noe bathes a lot and disconnect and connect the pump several times can it influence?Then he was going down well, 210 and 0'5 ketonic, 111 at 3:00 a?
Anyway, when it is not the catheter, it is obstructed, bubbles ... I think I'm starting to see the inconvenience to the bomb ... :(:-/
>

Marcita, the same thing happened to me, specifically only once in the three years that we have been with the bomb, thank God!, I controlled m/m and daca !!!!500 and peak, I thought I was dying, I repeated control 2 times with different glucometers, I almost gave me a heart attack, also as always happens in these cases I alone at home!And I do not remember badly at the beginning of putting the bomb.Running was little, I was flying to change the catheter!What could happen?Well, in my opinion that the catheter was obstructed, that before breakfast the first basal did not enter and that together with the breakfast bolus timbed must enter then ... the hydrates rose, rose and climbed to where they wanted.Ah Noe Tb had a good blood glucose before breakfast.I know, the only thing I know is that it almost gives me something.So I can imagine you and above night.The doctor told me that the girl did not have any insulin reserve and that is why she went up so, that she did not turn her more and that the important thing was to know how to solve it and above all, as you did, lower it little by little.

Hey, a question that had forgotten to ask you, what do you know about that when for example they have a hypo and the body recognizes it, that is, the liver releases some glucagon, at seven hours of having had it it can be whenHave the rebound?I have been looking at the booklet and I have discovered that almost all the high and easily corrected glycemia with an earlier hypo (more or less at 7 or 8 hours) I had not fallen to the account until I have checked it with my eyes andespecially because I did not know this.

DiabetesForo
07/30/2010 7:07 a.m.

Good afternoon dad!
I enter a lot to send a lot of encouragement to UDANE ... the beginnings are very hard, but everything goes out.You are not the first person I know that you have or have had problems with your partner, many disagreements, a very different way of seeing things on both parties ... As you indicate, the dialogue is very important, and time will say, here, hereWe are more than one that we have had to carry part of our children's disease in solitude ... encouragement and has us, at least to vent you ... By the way, I am glad that the little one is doing so well;)
Lena, I'm glad to read you ... Hey how many things do you teach us !!!
Marcita I have answered you on the route.
Kisses and good afternoon !!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/30/2010 3:12 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia is for Fi, look at Angela's booklet if you can and of course you have time and check your TB if you match you a hypo with that then at 7 or 8 hours it has a climb, it is that I am very curious if it happens to you and evenOn the 10th we don't have endocrine to ask.

DiabetesForo
07/30/2010 3:21 p.m.

Hello, here I continue to do with the bomb and find the right guidelines, I have had several hypoglycemia since I put it on and that is what gives me the most, the other day I had 140 at 3 in the morning and at 6 it at 6I looked again (and what the endo told me that I did not get so dizzy at night but until I am clear how the different basal sections act at night I looked at it) because what I had 40 already sees the next day the next dayBasal and solved, but the great scare was yesterday, at night at 03:00 240, at 06:00 360 and 08:00 370 with 2.1 acetone, I changed the catheter and what was my surprisethat he did not carry it inside he had folded and he was out so I put another corregi and gave him breakfast at 2 hours he looked at him and remained the same 360, but he did not correct or anything because as he had left in the morning of so highAnd after breakfast he tends to be with the same figures that he gets up I thought that I would be down, well, well, if he got so so much that at 2 hours I began to notice the very excited child and suddenly came crying that he hadA lot of hunger told my husband to make a glycemia and 29, what a fright I had never seen such a low figure and also that it went down in 2 hours so quickly I did not explain it to me, thank you that I remain in a scare we gave it juice with sugar with sugar with sugarAnd then the food and the baby so happy, poor.

UDANE I wanted to send you many encouragement, I imagine that you will be having a bad time if in case the debut of a child is very hard, with added problems I imagine that much worse, I do not dare to give you any advice but only that you have a lotstrength and if you need to vent here you have me and everyone.A very strong kiss.

DiabetesForo
07/30/2010 3:28 p.m.

Hello Patrice !!!Look that guay the two connected at the same time;););) see if you allow me advice is ... that despite what the endocrine says you continue doing the night controls that you think is convenient until the basal ones are adjusted,since sometimes despite having them tight they have a decrease.

And referring to 29: Shock :: Shock: What a fright !!!!!!When we are adjusting bolus or basal or we are in a period that the girl has a tendency to be low, we usually do the controls at the time and a half of putting the bolus, in our specific case the little one usually lasts the effect of theInsulin put 2 hours from there it is usually maintained, that is, if at the hour and a half it is in 200 and peak I know that it will not lower it much more with the main insulin that remains, and if it is for example in 83, or seventy -many or at a hypo of sixty -so many it gives us time to catch it before and solve it, if we had waited the 2 hours of the Bolus we would catch it in a more important hypo.As I tell you this we do it in times of guidelines or with a tendency down.

Well a little kissed little woman

DiabetesForo
07/30/2010 3:40 p.m.

Thanks to all, Alea, Marcita, Lena, Velia, Patrize and sorry if I leave any ...
Between yesterday and I made me cry and I was not able to write anything, today I walk something more animated, so I take advantage to thank you, tell you that at the moment with your messages you have managed to get excited, which I needed, for a long time, for a long time...
Kisses and take advantage of what you are or go on vacation, we this year we stay in house, we'll see next year.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
08/01/2010 2:18 p.m.

Good morning!!!
Patrice, with a pump is required less insulin than with bolis, the first weeks usually adjust by lowering units, so it is important to measure frequently.I suppose that they will have told you that when they are with hyper and especially if it has acetone, the corrections are made with a ball, precisely not to maintain hyperglycemia much longer, if you see that with the correction low up to 200 (more or less) andHe maintains, he suspects that it is a catheter problem (if you have not changed it before) ...
Lena, I will tell you when I get the data, but it is that Angela does not usually have hypoglycemia, especially not less than 60 ... In the end you do a thesis: D
UDANE, because we have already finished the holidays, so here we will be for what you need.Cheer up!
Marcita, how are you doing with the new catheters.Do you notice that they take off less?Juan Luis has happened to him that lately notes that when they are removed, it hardly costs him effort, as if they didn't have so much glue.
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
08/02/2010 5:53 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good, moms.

How do you carry the heats?UF, here is overwhelming and at night you can't even rest ...
Patore, what scares on 29, Noe before the bomb also had the occasional twenty and spends fatal, especially when they start crying and do not want to drink juice or anything ... :(.
Lena, as I say, Noe does not have many hypos now, but when they were more frequent, yes, it happened more or less what you tell, she always had them before eating at noon and then the rush came before dinner, noBe why I will be.Ah!Have you tried to remove the dressing with Jonhson oil?The nurses told me and at least the omnifix comes out alone ...
Velia, the catheters is to write a book.I am waiting for mine prices, which are not covered by social security and for now we are pulling with others.
UDAANE MOST ANIMATED?

Kisses and spend a good day.

DiabetesForo
08/05/2010 8:21 a.m.

Hello!We are already in the middle of August, I hope you are all enjoying your vacation.I wanted to ask you a personal question.I am pregnant, and although at first I plannedbaby.The possibility of donating a public bank is not possible because I cannot go to the only hospital that does allow donation.The truth, no matter how much I read, do you think they sell smoke, but and if in the future it serves to cure diabetes?What do you think?Any of you have done it?

mornita's profile photo
mornita
08/13/2010 4:05 p.m.

Hi Mornita, I was a mother again very little, Paul 4 months ago on the 17Private clinic where if they give you the possibility of keeping the cells Paul I had it in a public hospital dueIn this way the investigations were not going.

DiabetesForo
08/15/2010 5:19 p.m.

Congratulations Mornita.
I was also informing myself but I didn't see the thing clear for all the money I had to disburse, anyway if I had the money I would surely have done it at the end.
Kisses for all.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
08/15/2010 8:44 p.m.

Congratulations Mornita !!!: D
I can't help you, I have no idea how it works.Let's see if there is luck and you can get it.
To others, I want you to enjoy summer.We do not stop, we have spent a horrible heat in Cáceres, and glycemia accompany us halfway.There are no great lack of control, but they are not very thin.On 31 we have endo, we'll see, because this is quite little understanding.

Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
08/17/2010 8:06 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.