{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Good morning!
That is the theory, very precise, by the way, Owash.Other things are children, which unfortunately are quite unstable.Peero, yes, theory is that.And I say, why does that creature have to be with those brutal figures just to avoid a hypo? ....3 in the morning and would be in order to see what effect the insulating produces.
Becky is true that I was heavy, huh?: Oops :: Oops :.Now I have lost powers.Before there were few children with bomb, now we are almost a majority: D ...
Owash, but what do you have against a bomb, man of God, with what you know of all this, I spend every time I read that reluctance :?
Marcita how is Noe going?How about the party?Endo was Friday or is it Monday?What mess !!!
Patrice, how good, in a couple of weekly ... Angela was placed on July 10.Bless date :))

By the way, I always forget to put it, but I often remember Sandra.How are you doing?I want you to find a solution to your problem with the little one and insulin.If you want, you send me a private and I give you the TFNO.And we talk, to VR if something occurs to us.

I will continue that we walk cabinets and making holes ...

Kisses and good day

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/20/2010 7:35 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Owash, I hope you would be the endo of udane, heh, heh ...
I know, that sooner or later if I fail to correct that it is so high, at night-muddy, I will have to make another decision, we will not have the breeding in those values, but for the moment of the bomb for later...
At the moment, today I begin to suppress the right, if it is in more than 200, we will see at what levels I find it at 3 in the morning, there are if at least we get shorter values.
Although as your good say Owash, for the peak of 2 or 3 in the morning, will it need reservations?
And is it where I wonder?
I listen to what the endo told me, that if I find it in 120 or less in the test of the 3 in the morning, that of Reena (100ml of milk), or not?Or only 50ml?
Of course after the rare guidelines that I marked, anyone fits ...

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/20/2010 10:50 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Pa Once I recommend the bomb, velia throws me the anger: mrgreen:

UDANE, is a matter of measurements and analyze the results ... I would prefer to sin conservatives, although the hypos are sure, it is better to try 100 ml and analyze after that it has passed ... if it is very high to theget up trying down a little, but not halfway.
Surely there are days that without knowing why he lowers much more than others ... so better prevent those days.

With the bolus-base therapy you can use (whether bomb or with levemir-lantus+novorapid) it is much easier to predict and control the nights ... but until that time comes, it is best to know your daughter very welland his reactions (days of a lot of action or many nerves, meals that upload a lot, diseases ......)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/21/2010 4:55 p.m.

Jo, I can't avoid it: Oops :: oops:

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/22/2010 4:51 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good,
I'm "incommunicado" we are fixing the office and we have the computer disconnected, so I can only connect a ratillo with the laptop.
UDANE, I don't know many of insulins.Since Noe debuted they put Levemir and Novorapid and of course we spent the nights in "security hyperglycemia", around 200, but we did not reach the high values ​​that you comment.The right was given only if it was below 200 and of course, at the time of control of the post.
Now with the bomb is another world.
We well, on Friday we were in the endo and hemo well, 7'9, it is not a big deal, but after how bad it has been in this month and peak I am very happy.In addition, the endo reviewed her from top to bottom, to the fingers, and all very well.
And already on vacation.The end of the course went very well and now to "deal" with her at home all day ... :)):-/
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
06/22/2010 11:04 a.m.

Here we walk, very laded and without time to enter a while!
With the desire I had to tell you that we had 3 nights, with its 3 days, feminonal. In the post of dinner, I am finding it in 150,130:-/, if figures that I had not seen, in these 3 months in it,At that time. In dawn, we are noticing a slight improvement, so far only 3 days and I don't want to speak very high ...
Very grateful to all, I hope that one day I am the one that helps others, as you are helping me, kisses.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/22/2010 2:42 p.m.

UDANE, I'm glad a Monton!Keep it up, this is trying and trying, there is no other.
Velia, of course you are heavy!that they tell Owash :)). You always insist a lot with the subject and I thought that if you did it was for something, so you were one of the reasons why I was encouraged to look for the blessed bomb ....... so thanks for being so "heavy" :)););)
It is clear that it is better not to speak ... Nayah has risen this morning with 52 and that had lowered the baselines at dawn and has continued all day with some 40s of 40 and eating more rations, so I play wood that does notStart with the virus this weird that eats carbohydrates because yesterday something was loose and today nothing, really that weird things happen to this creature.
Good evening, I can't get out anymore

Beky's profile photo
Beky
06/22/2010 8:37 p.m.

It is good that you go with better figures, I'm glad.

Alejandro has taken some horse angina, what a fright he gave us on Monday, woke up in the morning with 40.3 fever so direct to the bathtub, what a bad time we spent now I have every little pochito poor, so imagine glycemiasThat they do not go down from 300 and acetone of course, this with the bomb I imagine that I could solve it better because to look at 00:00 and see 360 ​​and not be able to do anything to lower it knowing that when the insulating is with fever it is like putting water, but hey, the account behind to put it on.

DiabetesForo
06/23/2010 5:24 a.m.

Any of you know what rights a diabetic child who has granted 33%has?

mornita's profile photo
mornita
06/23/2010 5:31 a.m.

Good morning.
Udane, I'm glad I have better control.Little by little.
Ufff, Becky, here TB.There is a gastrointestinal virus and I crossing my fingers, which this weekend we are going to Madrid.
Patrice, without a doubt the pump is the best option for intercurrent diseases.The increase and decrease of basal either using another pattern, or using temporal basals, as well as the correction of hyperglycemia, without the need to inject and without taking risks, provide better control and greater peace of mind.And with it, it links to what Mormita comments, the quality of life and the glycemic stability that the bomb provides does not provide any method right now, nor the Lantus/Levemir.To give an example, Angela's last gastroenteritis, was 80 in her doctor, obviously with vomiting and nausea, I just had to lower the basal a couple of hours until she saw that she was no longer going down anymore and then uploading it to a figure thanI kept it in good controls knowing that I was not going to take anything.It was not very difficult to keep it in Normaglycemia, with Lantus put it would have been impossible.In fact here, when they enter by gastroenteritis, they suspend the basal (yes, the day is still clear) and deal with Actrapid.
Anyway, that I do not roll up, that it seems that they would give me commission, and nothing is further from wanting to teach those who may need the advantage that I appreciate in this system.
Marcita, how about everything?I am glad that everything is fine.I don't know if I have already written to you on the route about Noe's hemo, as you say, a 7.9 after these months is a good figure.Now to see if the summer accompanies.
Yesterday was Angela's end, she had her graduation, prettier than they were.They touched the hymn of joy, sang the anthem of the school delights, and the primary anthem, then the imposition of scholarships, orlas ... very emotional.And after the delivery of gifts to the teacher, a group photo with parents included and others, all the compis, to eat and spend the afternoon, well and almost night, because he came home at 9.30 am: Shock: .... Ayssss, how late I spent, I went to Juanu to the train, then I went to Carrefur, to the Mercadona, to my sister's house to drink coffee, come on that I was as a restless ass, but it went well.: D, it was every time it bathed, and before eating and snackPortuguese cake that had brought us a friend (almost na: oops :: oops :), today he got up with 80, but at 2 hours he was at 100 and at 4 in 62 :(:? ... is what thePhysical activity
Kisses and good day to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/23/2010 7:43 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hiaah, I've been very drunk with you and I have read you but I have not asked to stop for a while to write and I already wanted!
Beky, what virus are you talking about?It caught my attention, the one that eats the carbohydrates ... go with the virus!
Patore, encourage and forward, it gives me the impression that in the end, something positive of two or three days is always taken out, the bad, as you say, it is not being able to correct it, when you find it at 00:00In 360!, But if you already have little to try the pump, think that everything will improve.
Main to my girl have also granted the disability of 33%. That benefits have in schools I do not know, I know here, the Basque Government, helps economically. I heard something about the extra points, which can grant to account of theDisability, to get a place if there is not, but I don't know much ...
With this summer and heat, yesterday I had it rather short all the day ... who tells me, of summer and diabetes?
For us it is the first summer and we have notified us that we have more caution, with long trips by car, because there is more probability of hypoglycemia due to excess heat, but little more ...
A kiss for all.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/27/2010 1:06 p.m.

Some of you know what rights a diabetic child who has granted 33%?

In general, more points (although it depends on the Autonomous Community and the School Center):

More points for dining scholarships.
More points to "choose" school
If you have another child you already are large family (more points)

Other benefits are;
- Free pharmaceutical benefit until 18 years
- Economic benefit per child in charge (1000 euros a year) ... although there is a family income limit.

DiabetesForo
06/27/2010 4:42 p.m.

Thanks Owash.I referred to whether you have the right to a support teacher or a nurse to take care of him, a companion for cultural excursions or exits that are organized during school hours.I have asked for the disability of my son for that, man the money is fine, but what matters to me is that my son's rights to school are respected.You believe that having recognized the disability they will fulfill their "threat" to transfer my son to an integration school, they have already told me several times, that if we did not take care of going to put the insulin insulin to the child, sinceThey do not have the means to attend it would be transferred to an integration school that if you have nurses, fisios, monitors, support teachers and everything.Do not understand me badly but I think my son has to go to the same school where I enrolled when I was not diabetic.Now that I have the certificate, fear has entered me, so I have not yet communicated to the school that my son has granted the disability.
Please do not tell me that you go to the Diabetic Association, they don't help me at all, they don't want conflicts, I understand them in the case of a single child they will not face the administration and that they remove the crumbs they give toAll diabetic children.
Another question, to see if you can help me, if for justified medical reasons to me it was impossible for me to go to the school to put my son insulin, might not take him to school alleging that his safety is not guaranteed?Would you lose the square?My son is still preschool, he is not yet in the "mandatory education" section.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
06/28/2010 8:08 a.m.

Marcita, one thing is the minus value certificate and another thing the pathology by which it is granted.

Diabetes at school is only regulated in Basque Country, Balearic Islands, Catalonia and Valencia ... unless I know.
Regulated, not applied.
Basically on all sides is the same ... they recognize the right to normalization of the child with diabetes in school (only the opposite would be missing: o) and assign the health center closest to school as "responsible" for care orEmergency.
I think it is not fulfilled anywhere.

To transfer your child to an integration school is an aberration ... are they also going to do it with asthmatics?For example...
Neither has special educational needs nor does it need for preferential integration ...

Here are a good number of consultations similar to what you propose:

although rather few solutions :(

DiabetesForo
06/28/2010 2:22 p.m.

Hello everyone .... thanks Velia and Mormita for answering on the subject of the cateters that took off in the pool .... I have learned it ... clean well after the emla.thank you
Another thing I see that the disabilities for diabetic children are discussed .... I do not understand that in some communities they follow some criteria and in others ... I request it in 2007 in the debut of my son Omar ... they denied it to usdirectly saying that the child did not adjust to the patterns for the concession of a disability of 33%... you will tell me what is dependence for those who have very young diabetic children ...
That is why I would like to ask what criteria are followed in other communities that have been granted a disability ....
Thanks and greetings ..

kinshasa's profile photo
kinshasa
07/05/2010 5:33 p.m.

Hello,

Yesterday it was the big day they put Alejandro's bomb and he is ashamed to tell you but I am fatal.I thought it was going to be wonderful and I don't know what happens to me, I only want to cry, I am very sad to see my son with the bomb all day is as if he reminded me of every moment of the day that is diabetic and that he does notHe says anything (but of course he will say if he is 3 years old) he cannot decide whether he would put it on or not, and it seems so uncomfortable.

I do not know if this happened to you or it is that I give a lot of shifts to the head and then that with the bolis I felt that I knew how to act at all times but with the bomb I feel lost.

I need a bit of encouragement I read you that you are delighted and I do not understand why I do not see the positive

DiabetesForo
07/10/2010 3:42 p.m.

Patrice, that happens to you because everything is new and the new scares.
The bomb is not uncomfortable.In fact, they usually forget about it within a few days.
Don't worry, you'll see how you start to see the advantages and you don't change it for anything.
Courage and tranquility.

Health

DiabetesForo
07/10/2010 6:08 p.m.

Hello girls

How long without spending.
The first thing to tell you that you do not worry because it is normal as you feel.I have already commented on other times, I did not want the bomb precisely because of which you comment, it gave me something that the creature was with that device and that cable hooked all the time, even when we put it on it, I had a bit "visually"But you'll see how you immediately get used to it, really.My son was 2 years old when we put it on and saw him too speaking, but he never said anything and we immediately saw the improvement of levels and above all he allowed us not to be so strict at lunchtime.That of being able to eat between hours and squeeze a button without having to prick it is a very large comfort.You will also see how their levels are stabilized as long as you find the pattern.
Come ahead and think that they don't mind taking it, the smaller, the better they adapt to the changes, and you will see how their levels stabilize more and surely think "blessed bomb" :) and we see you encouraging youto the next mom who enters the same fears that we have almost all (at least those of the little ones)
Quiet that everything takes time and you will see how your little one will give you lessons.Mine that is 5 years old, do not see how the pump is removed and put on the pump to get into the pool, put on its plug and the water, is its routine and it takes it phenomenal.

Mainite thing about the disability I prefer not "meneallo" because I turn on my little one when I asked for it was 2 years old and they granted me a miserable 5%: x shameful and outrageous.And the schools because worse, we have no right to anything.A breeding of here that has just debuted with 8 years but that he clicks alone had an excursion, the school did not let the parents go to the excursion or wanted to supervise the girl to verify that he was injected well, result?Well, the girl stayed at home, crying because from now on she was not going to be able to go with her friends.Is it fair ????Ufffffff

Go my tranquility is over, a little one has just woke up.Let's see if I can come back later that I wanted to comment on a thing of new catheters.

Kisses

mani05's profile photo
mani05
07/11/2010 4:14 a.m.

Patrice, amoebrate, the principles are difficult you have to let it happen a little time, calm that you will adapt, you will see how it is better, hey and that if not, nothing happens, you return it and continue it as until now.
Seeing the machine as something strange that constantly reminds you that it is sick by many people even adult diabetics, it is normal that you feel like that, for all of us the "condition" of our children is very painful, saving distances is likeWhen a small child is put glasses, many parents also say ay! my child so small and with their gaps, but look at it on the other hand that there are "glasses" ...
I did not have that feeling, because I was from the other group "that sorry to prick my child", I did not get used to it, I was aware that my son needed insulin but to prick him and hear him complaining every time I made a lot of emotional damage.I still remember my son's first meal, when I simply tightened a button, I cried with emotion.My son was also 3 years old, when we put the bomb, we asked for an opinion, he said yes, but you see that they will know, also as I felt guilty for imposing being connected to a machine, because I felt that he not only did it forHis good, but also for him, until I came to the conclusion that I am the one who takes care of him, however, he will be better careful, when he is greater if he decides to take off the bomb I will respect his decision.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/11/2010 6:02 a.m.

Mani, that they do not let children go to excursions, is a discrimination that attentive to the fundamental rights of the Constitution, and that if someone will reach the Constitutional Court, he would win and create jurisprudence, now I only think how I regret nothave finished the right career.If diabetic associations will have a template lawyer, and every time there was a discrimination problem, it will be planted at the corresponding school or the Ministry, you would see how they did not have so many fumes.I know that there are people from associations here, and I hope you knowassociations to defend them?
I think that in all sites there are the same problems, at least I have the same as man, that they do not leave me more exit than the courts, which means money and time, I have neither one nor the other, time plays in its favor, who cannot go to the excursion tell you two days before, no judge will dictate a precautionary measure because of that, so it will spend years until they give you reason, we are going to be 15 years old.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/11/2010 6:24 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.