{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Marcita, to me that they have put my hair in tip when reading, your experience ... today I start to control.It seemed very risky from the first day to leave that control and Marcita thank you very much, now I am convinced that I prefer a test, a good scare!To us, just talk to us to make a only test, that of 3, do you do the 6?
When I read your testimonies, I think of everything that I have left to see, live and experience and sincerely, you all help me assimilate this, otherwise, thank you ...

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/16/2010 9:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

UDANE, I do not want to scare you, I would be missing, but I am of the opinion that the more controls do you get the best you can take diabetes.The control of the 6 is our thing, the endo says that we can suppress it if the thing is stable, but for noe (I do not know others, because each person is a world and every diabetes too) every night isDifferent, afternoon activity influences growth hormone (sometimes yes and sometimes not), the different phases of sleep, if it has "good or bad" dreams as she and the phenomenon of dawn.It happened to us that sometimes at 3 it was perfect and at 8 it was shot high or very low (40-50), so we do the 6th and with the bomb you have the ease of suspending it if it is short (like today, with 90at 6) or correct if it is high.
What I of course do not do any control, although sometimes I seem a dark circles that I have ... :)): Oops: a little kiss.
Auro, I'm a lot of the success you are having with the bomb, right that everything changes a lot?Is Marta happy, shears it well?Another kiss for you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/16/2010 11:03 a.m.

Santesteban that a good idea about the bag the truth, I buy the case as a marcita and it has done well, I put it between the inner shirt and the dress and it is not seen, now in summer it complains a little at the beginning because it showsRare without the interior, but he forgets it quickly.How are the holidays?
Ucane, the controls depends on each one, as we have not had any scare (I play wood) I continue to "trust", but when you get a scare of those I do not think you will hit the eye again, if you stayFewer do not hesitate, so you can see if it has Alba effect and kill two birds of a shot.I leave Nayah all night if it is between 150-180, if you have less basal to see if you go back something so I make it fixed and if you have more the soil put insu so it also touches control, we are not going to get rid ofMuch, just that you look at the hours I write the messages, before it was the one that closed the forum, now I am in the process of rehabilitation :)).I am very happy for those controls, you are doing very well.
Patrice, if you want to send me a private with the mail and send you a PDF with the covers, but then to see if I can put the link.
Auro, congratulations on that expected bomb and for that piece of hemo, I am very happy for you.Let's see if you dare and tell us that you are going later.By the way, the canulas make sure that it is because it does not tighten if it squeezes the muscle where you put it, sometimes it is for that.
Well, I'm going to the Pisci with disruption ...........

Beky's profile photo
Beky
06/16/2010 11:35 a.m.

Very good,
I pass running, to greet, that I go to school for noe.Today stressful, all day on the street making efforts, and ironing clothes calling me shouting: o: o: mrgreen:
Noe today again with mucus to give away, do you want some few?Last year the same, the Pochina Cole ended, with bronchitis, to see how we finish this.
Then I enter more slowly.Kisses, moms.

DiabetesForo
06/17/2010 8:31 a.m.

Hello everyone!

With your permission I sneak into your parents forum.I instead of a mother I am the diabetic daughter ... I started with 3 years with diabetes (now I am 25 years old) and I still remember my mother, I debuted (and that I was only 3 years old): night controls, go to the nurseryTo make me control, the first hypoglycemia at home ... I want to encourage mothers (and fathers: p) that all difficulties overcome, that with good control does not have complications, ... I will always thank my mother for the effortand "headaches that suffered" (and even now sometimes it continues to suffer) for my diabetes :)

UDANE, I have had many nocturnal hypoglycemia and nothing serious happened to me (I touch wood), have you thought about putting your daughter a continuous glucose measurement?It's not like the bomb because you don't have to carry it on.I don't know how the issue is to cover social security in children, I currently have Dexcom (I have to pay) and it is going very well.Above all I carry it at night, if you get off the limit that programs the Pita Cocharro as a madman and does not have much margin of error

tica's profile photo
tica
06/17/2010 10:04 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

TICA How is that you don't have to take it?
I just know the guardian or the minilink, and you have to carry it punctured.
Tell us more about Dexcom, which I think you are the only person in the forum that carries it.

Health

DiabetesForo
06/17/2010 10:41 a.m.

Good ... Auro and Tica.Thanks Tica for telling us your experience from "the other part."It is comforting to read you.
I have measured Angela every night for almost 7 years.1 time minimum and 2 or more if it is an unstable period or there are special circumstances.I am particularly unable to sleep a whole night without measuring, if it is high because it is high and you have to correct and if you can be low ... Fix what things, without coming to mind and starting that I rarely see such a figureLow in the gluco, last night at 3.30 he had 199, there was no longer active insulin of any kind, at that time and with those circumstances he always correct, without happening to me because he has a rather high basal around 6.30h, because I did the usual one, heI put 0.8 you, what is my surprise that when I measured it at 8 I was 37: Shock :, When normal it would have dropped to 100-120.
But well, as in everything, everyone must carry their things as best believe.
Santesteban, you look good, huh ??? ´.Oh, I saw Maclaudi from the pockets for a long time, he put bags in the skirt and dresses, inside and the breeding was great with his bomb.In need, let's see ourselves, huh ????
Moccos again, Marcita?, Does not disengage.
I disgusted, they made an analytics to Angela for the allergy, I already put it from 3 years and until today they have not done anything, the pediatrician has been left, allergic more than 100 percent to the grasses, to the olive tree, to Nose than something else, a little to the mites, to the dandruff of the dogs, of the cats ... :?: Shock :: Shock: ... The allergologist to see if they prepare the vaccine.Anyway, these doctors who believe gods are what they have.I have been asking for the tests and always giving surroundings, and so far that we change from health center nothing ... AGGGG, what anger.
Little more, kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/17/2010 10:48 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

By the way, Auro, congratulations on the pump and for those magnificent results.HEMO PEDAZO: P

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/17/2010 10:50 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

By the way, Auro, congratulations on the pump and for those magnificent results.HEMO PEDAZO: P

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/17/2010 10:51 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I also belong to the sect of "mothers of children with bomb because it is the best" hahaha!Well my son carries all the full pump more continuous meter.
Patrice: I do not recommend the backpack, I find that it is uncomfortable, my son is four yearsMobile, it carries it inside the clothes and can play, stir through the earth, throw yourself through the slide in the end, the pump and the tube are protected under the pants like this there is no danger that it is hooked or something.Now in summer, I am going to sew mobile covers inside the Bermuda belt like this, the belt does not heat.To sleep and to be at home we use the clamp that comes with the pump, so we can see the pump screen without having to bother you a lot.Ah!My son carries the paradigm I see, I think there are more children around here.
We had not taken off any catheter or in the pool, but lately they take off that it is pleased, we are moving floating in the bathtub, I do not know what can happen, for me that come more bad.

Hello a silly question what you do so that you do not take off the catheters, I have the same problem

kinshasa's profile photo
kinshasa
06/17/2010 11:23 a.m.

Hello everyone, how are you ... although I do not write much I always like to take a look to the forum that always learns something ... now in the face of summer a problem arises and I turn to the forum forLet's see if someone lepasa something similar .....
I have problems with the catheters that take off in the bathtub or swimming pool and now in the face of summer because I still have more afraid that you have to put a new catter every day (Uuuffff also in the hospital have become very racans with the theme of thematerial)....
You know some system that avoids in one way or another that the cateters take off with the water .... it passes to you the same ...
thank you

kinshasa's profile photo
kinshasa
06/17/2010 11:35 a.m.

Hello:

Thank you very much for your tips to place the bomb, Beky, Santesteban have sent you a private with my email so you can send me what you have told me, thank you really.

UDANE, Alejandro also has insuulatard at night, I at first looked at him but over time the endo told me that the control of the 3 was not necessary, I think that in the end it is what you consider according to you see that your girl reacts, I look at it according to the values ​​that I have at 00:00 but normally not, especially if I give milk at that time, I know that it endures perfectly until the next morning, but it is between 180 and 250 and I do not give it anything ifThat I look at it and there are days that at 3 I find it at 80 and others to 300, it is what the insulating has.

Well tomorrow again to the hospital to another course of the bomb, which I want to put it on now, last Friday they gave it to take it home and every time I see it they enter silly nerves, as you told me some that some thatWe badly carry adults and more now that it has been with book values ​​for 1 week.

DiabetesForo
06/17/2010 2:46 p.m.

Marcita Quiet, you did not scare me, I was scared because I was already aquonadilla ...
Today I have done the test and as always ... more or less ... in 270 ...
Tica, thanks for your information about Dexcom. I was currently looking at him the other day on an Internet page, it seems that the one in the market is the Dexcom Seven Plus.The system that carries is a subcutaneous transmitter, the thickness of a thick hair and the meter apart, as if it were a mobile.It is not bad, but once again, it is very consistent and does not enter for social security!
Patore, do you measure at 2: after dinner and then at 00:00?
I do the bibe at 9:00 p.m..
That's right, as the endo told us.It does not correspond to him, if this, at 23: 00, above 300, but some night that we have not given him right, in the morning we have found it short, in about 66 ... this is, like theriddles ...
Well I leave you, because to all this, I have not told you that with the rains that have been falling before yesterday I flood the floor below and we still go here and clean ... kisses to all.
Alea, read the survey you answered in November 2008 and daughter what I could laugh, you don't know how well I sit ...

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/18/2010 4:49 a.m.

Good morning!
Kinshasa, do you put lambdalina or emla as anesthetic before inserting the catheter?.If so, that may be the reason to take off.You have to clean the area very well.If not, and because almost everyone happens to you, it may be that you have changed something of them, the glue they use or whatever, and then it will have to be given a touch of attention to Meddtronic.
I use oblique catheters, they are not the usual ones, and of course only once it has taken off, and I think I cleaned the area very fast and I am almost sure that some rest of anesthetic left.
UDANE, I do not understand that you do the control at 11 and you can alienate at 12. I don't understand how it can be in 300 and get with 66 .: Shock :.: Shock: I suppose the endocrine will know what it does, but I don't add up to me.
Good morning for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/18/2010 5:10 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

So that the catheter does not take a ring of another adhesive on top of it, but I will tell you that sometimes it also takes off, so I think it is because of the moisturizing cream that a while ago I put my child, or for thegel, or by heat, or I know.Another option is to put a Tearderm on top of putting it in the water, what happens is then you have to be careful not to get stuck behind the catheter.

Phew!The nights are mortal, my son has a continuous meter so we only measure him when the alarm sounds, which looks like an advantage, but there are nights that would crash the bomb, but well I also have nights of tranquility.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
06/18/2010 12:20 p.m.

Hi Velia.What does not fit you?Because many things do not fit me either, but that's how we are ...
I believe that the one in 300 and then you find it in 66, is for insulting and its peaks.The thing to do the test at 11:00 p.m..
In the hospital, they did the same and with those orders we went home, but I would appreciate a lot if any could make me a cable on this subject, I simply follow the endo guidelines, but we all know that each one is a world.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/18/2010 1:20 p.m.

Hello:

Well, it is weird that you look at 23:00 and give it the right at 00:00 hours according to the previous values, I believe that in one hour the blood glucose can vary greatly at least to Alejandro if, and then that up to 300 descents him I give him only if it is below 200 because imagine if he is 250 and you give him milk (good or what you give him) you get high, but well every endo will haveHis way of doing things, but if it serves me, mine always tells me that she gives me some guidelines but that then we parents are the ones that we have to do with our son and adapt those guidelines likeThey better go, we are going that there are no times to pay them attention to 100% that one thing is the theory and a different one to live the day to day of a diabetic.I look at Alejandro at 3 hours after having the insulin of dinner and I give him the right time if he needs it, anyway that he goes down from 300 to 66 to Alejandro also happens to him I imagine that it is somethingFrom the insulating, I is for one of the things that I want to put the bomb to my child because in the hospital they told me that until the age of 6 they did not change basal and with that insulin it is impossible to have a child controlled, it is very variable.

Beky thank you very much for the PDF of the covers, it seems very good idea.

You know that in 2 weeks they already put the bomb to Alejandro I am super nervous on the one hand I really want and on the other I am attacked, I hope that in a couple of months he is talking wonders of the bomb as you.

DiabetesForo
06/19/2010 10:25 a.m.

UDANE, I was also with insulating quite some time and the values ​​that the endocrine wanted were the same ones who ask you especially at night.I did nothing to me if it serves as comfort, I never let me correct and those values ​​are increasingly convenient for me, I always told me that hypoglycemia had to be avoided at all costs being so small, and I thought but at the expense of what?that their other organs are resigned so soon?It is worth leaving something tall but 300 ???Precisely for that reason I began to look for the bomb because he did not wantsmall when it is totally the opposite.Neither does it fit the resopon at the time after control because at that time the fast effect is still taking effect.What time do you put the insulating?There may also be the explanation of 300-66 at night.I pass this link so you can see the action peak of the NPH.

Many times Patrice is said.;)
Velia, don't tell me that the tests did not have it ???Doesn't review review every year ????I change your endocrine for my allergologists, okay?:)) Well, daughter have given me allergy to all the fungi of Spain and part of the foreigner including aliens, from mine, fixed and "finally, I think!"That they have found out where all these moccos can come from, from a damn fungus, of course, now to wait for evidence to see if God and all the saints come to see me shortly, I will cross my fingers.
Marcita, if it serves you nayah, neither do the Moccos go throughout the course, to see if on vacation .....
Take care and good weekend.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
06/19/2010 1:19 p.m.

Hello to all.Wow hours ... And here without hitting an eye ...
Patore, thanks I knew that something did not square and now I was why.My baby dinner at 20:50 and I put the insulerard mixed with the novorapid at 9:00 p.m.Figures. Of course, according to the figures of 23:00!, which I had a fly, because to 1h, the values, it varied a lot and I was told by Ami husband, that I did not find meaning to all this.
We have no consultation with the endo until the end of July, but since Velia wrote to me telling me that I did not fit anything! Once, to start starting from that night to test at 00:00 and the right right followed.We have not noticed any difference but we are not going to notice it, because I have the impression that Usane is in very high values ​​for everything, even for the right.
For 3 months (debut) is every morning, in more than 300, few in less and some in more than 300 ...
I already speak on this issue with the endo, but Beky, he answers the same thing that answered you, that you have to avoid hypoglycemia and that it is better high. But how do you say you, how high and what scale?
They consider that they do not need to alleged if it is above 300! And I know my baby, I consider that from 200 it does not need right and patrifies, I will try from today not to give it right if it is in more than 200or in 200.
Thank you, thanks and thanks, to all!, That we would do one without others ...?
It took me for a while, that within 2h the little one is going to wake up ...

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/20/2010 1:11 a.m.

Hi UDANE
The theory is that if you click at 9 pm ... the effect of the novorapid ends between 23 and 24 hours ... just when the insulating or NPH begins to take effect ... whose maximum peak you will have on the2 or 3 in the morning.
Keep in mind that 3 hours after dinner it is likely that you have already absorbed all dinner hydrates.

That is, theoretically a blood glucose analysis at 24 hours will give you information about how the novorapid has acted and if it will need a resopon for NPH peak at 2-3 in the morning.

Everything is theory, because whoever best knows your daughter are you ... so you are those who send and surely do it perfectly.

It has to be 300 from glycemia because NPH's action peak at 2-3 in the morning is strong and needs large glucose reserves so as not to fall into hiccups.
It is the great inconvenience of this insulin ... and that is why doctors are so weighing with that.
We might think that we have too much NPH because it drops from 300 to 66, but if we lower the dose it will have hyperglycemia for breakfast and the rest of the morning almost certain.

I am not very in favor of insulin bombs, but I am from the basal bolus guideline (lantus or levemir+novorapid in meals) ... the only way to control diabetes and bring a good quality of life (children/as and family).
Lantus I do not recommend it in young children and we will also see how research on this insulin looks.: |
Levemir has not been studied in cases of children under 6 years ... so it is to go a bit blind, at least for the moment.

So the option that remains is the insulin bomb ...

DiabetesForo
06/20/2010 6:04 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.