{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Owash thank you very much for the information.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 3:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Owash.
Regarding the free medication, we have it since we leave the hospital, we only pay insulin and when it is with recipe, two hard leaves.What has missed me is the highest score?We were not telling us anything, seeing that the baby is 13 months old and telling them that I do not take it to the nursery, I do not see it appropriate to comment, I do not know ...
Anyway, one day that enters the "Hello, I am New" forum, read that one asked, if it was true that in the public and private schools of the Basque Country, were they the most welfare?I am Basque and I have not informed that you will have my baby, when the school begins, next year?
And that they do not consider a diabetic child, in my case a baby, who enter the scale of the possibility of the dependency law, I sincerely have it difficult to understand it, but that it is going to be done ...

The score is only if you have the minus value certificate with 33% and depending on each autonomous community how to organize education ... in Valencia it does score when having a place in a public educational center.

The Dependency Law is a nonsense since its creation ... it was created by thinking only of the elderly, then any other person was expanded huggedly ... so that you get an idea: it is supposed that up to 18 years is not valuableBy that law do domestic tasks: cook, clean, buy ....: Shock:
There is a special scale for children under 3 years, but still diabetes is not even contemplated.

DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 3:20 p.m.

Udane Mira, my girl has the 33% disabilities and they just gave it when she had to enter school, the school we wanted to take (they studied only tomorrow and are less glycemic controls in the school) did not correspond to us, although we livednext to it, but for register no, because when granting it right shortly before submitting registration, he already entered the school because he had more points.Don't tell me to explain to you about the points because I amazed with the happy dots!

DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 4:36 p.m.

Good morning!
Owash, thank you very much for your information.What this boy does not know;): D
I do talk about the issue of dependency.Now my socio-economic-labor-personal situation is very different, but when Angela debuted it was single-parent, with very particular working conditions, working tomorrow and afternoon every day, and with a very basic salary, such as Extremadura, and onlyOnce I went to inform myself about aid and I was crying .... :?

For the rest, how are those kids?I do not want to speak very high, but Angela is having a good glycemics (the endo pressure is over).
About what affects the exercise, I will tell you that last weekend it was in a school camp, with intense physical activity, and the insulin requirement was half a day ... ah, and eating well of hydrates.... to say.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/11/2010 4:40 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Very good morning,
Although we continue with rain, cough and the occasional 200 and peak without reason or reason ... :(, in short, surely like Angela, when we return from the endo, we will normalize glycemia, thankfully I carry the graphics of the othersmonths taken, so that I see that not everything has gone badly.
I also goat and a lot with the issue of dependence and aids ...: Twisted :.
I do not believe that diabetes is sufficient reason to grant a small child 33%, at least in my land, because as I already told, Noe was given only 10% and as "alms" that as we always are giving "sorrow"... It seems to me that in this as in everything, the authorities do what they want, according to the uncle who values ​​you, there are no laws or norms and do with the sick what they want, they believe judges to determine who determinesHe needs help or who does not, without having any idea what is everyday life with a young child with diabetes or with any chronic disease.
And change of theme that "bilirubin" uploads to me :)) :))
Theme catheters: I speak and talk to parents of children firefighters with Medtronik bombs and, according to my own personal survey, 80% are taken off the catheters and let's not say in the heated pools, which is the dislocation.In a way (apart from getting pissed off too, maybe today I have risen with my left foot ...: Mrgreen: [I reassures me to know that noe is not a special case, as they told me in Medtronik 24 hours, which is a problemquite common.
Well, and I'm leaving you, it's already Friday and this weekend we want to go to my town, which has not come for a long time.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
06/11/2010 4:59 a.m.

Jolin, I disappear a few days and how this is put on!:))

The first, welcome Ucane.My girl debuted with 8 months, now she is 5.It may seem that we are a bit heavy with the theme of the bomb, but until you have it you can not get the idea of ​​how approximate it is to have a normal life.In fact, it would have to be mandatory from the first day of the debut because thus facilitated much more to the medical team, the family and the child the adaptation to this new life that is so hard at the beginning and so many traders, anguish, depressions, anxieties causes evenTo the strongest.Not only to avoid clicking a few times a day if not because hyperglycemia can be corrected as necessary times without having the child in such high values ​​being able to avoid them simply using this simple device, but also because the risk of hypoglycemia descends considerably onEverything in children so young that they need such minimal amounts of insulin that with syringes are difficult to administer, not to say sometimes impossible without causing some strong hypoglycemia.We tell you from experience not for trying to convince you that you enter "in the sect of mothers that their children use insulin bombs because it is the best";), but so that your quality of life improves 50% or morepossible, if possible if you want.Well, go roll, a lot of mood and strength, and a hug.

The second, go hours.:?

The third, Velia, I'm glad Angela .... Great Glucemias, the great camp, everything, great!Your oppositions ???brilliant???Nor tell me :)) Nayah a great streak but already jorobo, will the Moccos be again ???That rolloooooo talking about snacks that I did not say anything about mine, I have agreed for Noe, poor thing to see if the school is over and all the bugs with him, kisses.Well, that, I look like Barbara Rey, have affected me to the lip above and I am convinced that they have been the culprits: Twisted:
Santesteban, enjoy the trip .... I envy that you give some, huh?
Man, don't tell me that their teeth are already falling, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, as Patricia would say.: Mrgreen:
Lena, mother, you are a brave, go drink, what you had to happen, ole your ovaries!

Ah, the disqualia, to me apart from not giving it to me, they took me the 22% we had of the previous revision, ole their eggs!They did not put coloraos, and here all the diabetic children have it granted but I know that the dependency denied it all.
Kisses, and good end of course to all.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
06/13/2010 9:12 p.m.

Hello everyone:

I have not read for a long time, I don't know if you would remember me a few months ago I was asking you about the insulin bomb, you all encouraged me to fight because my child would be granted because well after much insisting, we finally have it.Now they are giving us some courses on the handling of the pump and I believe that in 1 month or so they put it on.They have given us the Medtronic Paradigm I see Minimed, they have told me that it is the one that they put to such young children I do not know if it will have you.

Well now I tell you, I will think that I am silly, because after so much fighting for the bomb and so much desire that we had to grant it now I have a terrible low, I get doubts about whether it will be the best for Alexander, I don't know thisMore or less well controlled now and no longer complains about the punctures, I am very afraid that he does not adapt to carrying the bomb all day, I see it huge for his little body so small and I have no idea where to hold it, in theHospital have told me that I ask on the MEDRORONIC page some special backpacks for children but the other day I got and it seemed uncomfortable that I had to carry that all day hanging from the back.Where do you put it to your children? Do not complain about carrying it or touquet?.I know that your quality of life will improve with the bomb that sure but I am afraid that in the school a child will touch it or that it does not allow him to play as always throwing himself on the floor if he wants I am not made a mess ...

Thank you for enduring all my doubts and I hope that in a few months it is delighted with the bomb like all.

Kisses.

DiabetesForo
06/14/2010 4:44 a.m.

Good morning!
Becky, the oppositions ... Ahem ... great for the tail, hahahaha ..... in the end daughter, do not complain, put lips without spending a hard :)) :)) :)) ...And Nayah's disability: Shock:, anyway.
Patrice, welcome and congratulations!Your feeling is logical, the fear of the unknown produces that insecurity.Think about it as something that is reversible, if you don't work you always have what you already know, but I can almost assure you that everything will be great and you will be very happy, you have already read Becky in the previous message.Much encouragement.Let's see if the moms of the little ones tell the truqillos of where to hang it, but you will see how the practice is very simple.With respect to I see it is the latest version of the Medtronic (my daughter carries the previous one), be calm that almost all here we use that brand, so we can help you with them doubts about the beginning.
To all a kiss and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/14/2010 5:10 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good ....
Noe is moving a tootheeeeeeeeeee !!!How old, my mother, what a penita who gives me and the aunt wishing her fall to her to come to Mr. Perez to bring something ... :)) :))
UDANE How are you going?More animated?
Beky, Guopetona, how long without reading you ... to Barbara Rey :)) :)) :)) And the little ones?Well, with the disabilities, I still get a lot ...
Patrice, RequeteBienvenida. Oh!How are the "elders", how many laps we give to everything ... the same thing happened to me, after being time waiting and when we already had date to put it on Zas!The fears, the doubts ... and Noe responded to everything in less than half an hour, it was already forgotten that I was wearing it, jumping, is thrown through the slides, is stirred by the sand ... as if nothing, it adaptedquickly.The backpacks seem more uncomfortable to me because it seems that it will bother her when she feels, she takes her to the waist and does not hinder her at all, she is already part of her and when she removes her for the bathroom or theShower tells me "Mommy, that I am rare without the bomb" and I answer that since I take my glasses ... :)): Oops:
Do not worry, that apart from the many advantages you already know, wearing it 24 hours for them is no problem.And as to the school, I invented a story and the first day I went to school, we read it to their friends, so that they knew what I was wearing and why and never have touched anything, everyone knows that this is importantFor Noe, if not, Malita would get.Even so, it always carries it and with the safety clamp of the reservoir.
To the!!What a testament ...
Kisses for all and good day.

DiabetesForo
06/14/2010 7:39 a.m.

Patrice, you are not silly, it is that the changes always carry fears, it is normal, even it happened after they are behind for several years and change my city only for the blessed pot, I also enter that Canguelo too, but you will see howYou are going to surprise yourself to see how well the baby takes it.What worried me the most were the nights with the pot hindering but Nayah from the first day did not say a mu and that is a complaint of care, many times I say that it seems the princess of the chickpea story and the mattresses...... until the sewing of the socks it has to be in place, not until it is in place.:-/
The backpacks as Marcita says are nothing comfortable, the best are the belts, they can do whatever they want with them and do not worry that they endure slides, sand and whatever, nayah only once the catheter has come outin a swing when you get on.And the children in the school do not touch it either because with the baby it is impossible.
So my congratulations, you will see how everything goes great and if not, because what Velia says can always return to the before.

The cateteres touches wood because none has yet come to me, since we leave the lambadine there is no problem with swimming.

Marcita Don't tell me that I also don't, I mean that the least thoughtful day touches Nayah :( how is it, fully recovered?

Beky's profile photo
Beky
06/14/2010 11:26 a.m.

Hello to all of you.I just read everything you know about bombs!And I have thought ... that relief ... the day I decide to take the step, of course I will not hesitate to follow your advice, because more than you do not know what I invented the bomb!At the moment we carry a phenomenal fortnight, have if this lasts ...
Kisses to all, I have to leave you because the little one claims me.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/14/2010 12:59 p.m.

Good morning, moms (no dad enters here).

Beky, Noe is "almost" well, and I play wood, tomorrow we go to his pediatricNayah too, if these girls are very advanced ... :))

And finally on Saturday the end of the course, and I dancing with them, like last year: Oops: and on Tuesday holidays, wishing and fearing I am, to see how the summer is given.

Well, today I have a mess, so I say goodbye.Kisses and good day.

DiabetesForo
06/15/2010 4:33 a.m.

Good morning!!
You, how good you have a good fortnight ... that encourages, right?
Becky, because if they have already started with the teeth, do not hesitate that Nayah will be falling;)
Marcita, you'll see how everything is going well ... Now you have to think about the party and how good the kids will have.
Angela continues in her line, magnificent controls.(I keep telling him with his mouth).But he has a row, Uffff ... As I said on the route, the course endings are terrible, he enters a lot of restlessness, and this is special, next year he will go to the institute, change of environment, change of friends .... we will see how we are taking it.
Patrice, I hope you are most lively, see that here we are very very pumps ... and why will it be? ...
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/15/2010 5:17 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello:

Well, if something better after reading, the truth is that it is a peace of mind to know that all your children wear pumps are delighted, for something it will not?.In the hospital they have been told that they have 32 children and only 2 returned it because they did not convey them, so the statistician leaves no doubt.

Marcita, Beky I imagine that when you talk about belts to have it some specials of the Medtronic brand, you can clarify it? They take it inside the clothes or are they seen the pump?Given a stuff that carries a pocket to put the bomb and can sleep without fear of bothering him as you do?more knowing us than all doctors.

I have a terrible desire to finish the courses and put it on to take this silly fear and see that Alejandro adapts to carry it.You know when my son debuted 2 years ago (Ufff as time passes), the nurse who gave us the courses taught us and told us that it was the most advanced thing there was in diabetes to me it seemed horrible to think that my child would have toCarry that hung all day and look where then how things have been changed that I have asked to grant it to us.

You have a lotOur children are so happy and carry their illness as something as normal is a joy.

Greetings for all.

DiabetesForo
06/15/2010 12:09 p.m.

Hello everyone, how are you?
I am very lively, because udane carries incredible levels and is looking like a dream ...
Speaking of sleep, I want to ask you if diabetes has something to do with sleep?Until 1 sem, udane, slept 12h of a pull and has been early, waking up for 5 and 6. I imagine that it will be more a matter of itself than nothing more ...
Patore, delighted to meet you.I cannot help you in issues of bombs, but I am convinced that, from here to time, you can help me, because you will know everything you do not know now.We are more brave than we imagine and our kids, in the form of a smile, give us animos to continue fighting.
Kisses to all over ...

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/15/2010 3:26 p.m.

I also belong to the "mothers of children with bomb because it's the best" hahaha!Well my son carries all the full pump more continuous meter.
Patrice: I do not recommend the backpack, I find that it is uncomfortable, my son is four yearsMobile, it carries it inside the clothes and can play, stir through the earth, throw yourself through the slide in the end, the pump and the tube are protected under the pants like this there is no danger that it is hooked or something.Now in summer, I am going to sew mobile covers inside the Bermuda belt like this, the belt does not heat.To sleep and to be at home we use the clamp that comes with the pump, so we can see the pump screen without having to bother you a lot.Ah!My son carries the paradigm I see, I think there are more children around here.
We had not taken off any catheter or in the pool, but lately they take off that it is pleased, we are moving floating in the bathtub, I do not know what can happen, I have been more bad for me.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
06/15/2010 4:58 p.m.

Very good !!!An entrance veils since I did not have a long time but I wanted to tell Patrice where my son takes her for giving her one more ideas.My son is now 4 years old and debuted with two and a half.They put it on the pump before completing the 3 and is quite "listening".My biggest concern before starting with the bomb was to put it on.I was with a mother in my city and taught me how her girl brought her boma in backpack like Medtronic's but made by her with rubber and mobile covers.
From the pricio I placed it in an inner shirt.In all his strap shirts I have put a sewn pocket, of the same fabric or a little tougher with a closure above.Just the pocket is the size of the pump, little more and a clip, bracket or whatever is called.The pocket goes on his lower back, in the dorsal zone and except for 1 time in 2 years, he has not been doing any activity.He is a saltimbanqui, fights with his brother with a thousand grabs, he does the pine ... and without problems.He has never said the bomb bothers him.
If you interest you try to send a photo of the shirts since I don't know if I have explained very well.
Tb tell you that after a few weeks with a bomb and after disarming all my desire I thought we had been wrong since the beginning is an absolute lack of control.Now I did not change it for anything and in fact I think it is what most normalizes our life.Look as far as we have come to the adventure.
Well, here is 23:30 and makes a long dream.
Kisses to all.What a great forum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I read you even if I can't write much.

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
06/16/2010 3:31 a.m.

Hello to all.
Today I have some more time, since as it rains, better than in Casita it is not anywhere.I have just been reading from page 1, this forum in which you have been for some many years and the truth that after seeing, what some have happened and the early morning hypos that you have lived, I have been scared!.
To udane, as soon as I left the hospital, the proof of the 3 in the morning, until the first review and endo the first revision and seeing that the early morning values ​​were all between 250 and 300,He told us that we do not need to continue controlling her all, every night.
When we left the consultation I told my husband to go joy, he spent this ... because I didn't stay calm without doing that.Today, I have been getting up at dawn for 15 days, because my husband has convinced me to relax a little.The girl does not have any variation at dawn, since he debuted and bursts almost every day between 90 and 140. I still think that I should do it, in fact even if I do not do the test I wake up the same ... andI usually stop to think that it is enough that we no longer do it control at dawn any day we have a scare!
Endo says no, he says that the right he has at 12 at night is the one that keeps her covered against the insulerard's peaks.
What do you think?
Kisses to all.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/16/2010 6:04 a.m.

Very good,
We have just come from the pediatrician, Noe goes better and the ear too, to see if it can be, although we continue with cough, mucos .....(
Patrice, the belt I bought it in Medtronic, you can see it in the catalog or on the web, there is black and white, but since the elastic is very large I left it in half and we made another case, so it already has removedAnd put.It is seen depending on the clothes that you put, with the clothes you do not notice anything but with a shirt and pants because it leaves it out, and she super proud to take her in sight.To sleep, Noe continues to wear the belt, there are those who leave her loose in bed and nothing happens.We also have the paradigm I see, so you know, what you doubt, if we know, here you have us.
Mornita do you also with catheters?We should all agree and send complaints in writing to Medtronic, to see if they apply a little, if not, ask for a brand change, which can also be.
Santesteban, now you'll be sleeping, how about the other side of the puddle? ...
Oh, UDANE, if you ask me at dawn ...Nights Altitas, until he gave him a downturn and caught it rigid, convulsing ... I put my hair to tip !!Since then we do not skip one night and I already tell you, two controls, in stable gusts only that of the 3 but if not, two better than one.
Well, let's see if I put the food, between one thing and another, I am delayed today.
Kisses and good day.

DiabetesForo
06/16/2010 6:53 a.m.

Hello everyone;I've been leaving you for some time and from time to time I have written something.I will tell you that I am also a Mom of a seven -year -old girl, and with insulin bomb since almost 2 months.I wanted to share with all of you that you are so expert, my experience with the bomb (better my daughter's).Marta has changed her life a lot since the bomb has been put, it has been a hard path until you reach it, but everything has been worth it.They have put the paradig I see from Medtronic, and removing some problem with the cannulas that bend, the truth is that very well.Yesterday we were in the advanced course (Bolo Wizard, Cuadrado and Dual) and the truth is that great.At the same time they did the hemoglobin to see how it was and has come out 6.7.We were very happy, the previous one had it in 7, and her controls are increasingly good.We are still adapting and modifying the night basal, but we are generally quite well.I will tell you how everything follows.

DiabetesForo
06/16/2010 8:34 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.