{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Good morning,
When Noe was smaller, we also kept it with higher values, especially at night, security hyperglycems told us in endo.When do you start with Levemir?I almost never had to give Noe with Levemir, unless the dinner post was "scarce."
Well, I'm going to lift Noe to go to school and today a complete day awaits us, with end of the end of the course and everything.
Have a good day, kisses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/04/2010 2:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning, country !!!!
Ucane, I'm glad to read here .... What you say about your abandonment is very normal, the beginning is so absorving and so distressing that little time and little desire are left for the rest ... fortunately that changes, but of course you haveTo put on your side not to aggravate the situation ... obliged to eat, take fresh things and now that we know some nutrition, do not forget the hydrates, that they will give you the energy, that much more to need ....And you will see how little by little everything will be more bearable.
Where are you from?I don't know if you put it, I walk with an opposition and Estopy a little lost ... We are from Cáceres, in case it catches you close.;).
The glycemia, I know that in such young children they usually keep them with high levels, in them they have more immediate risk hypoglycemia and try to prevent them from occurring, but surely you are gradually adjusting the doses so that perhaps in order toA 270 is a 220 ... You'll see!
On the other hand, I insist with the insulin pump ... you must start seeing the threads and articles that talk about it ... ask us everything you want to know, fortunately, almost all the children in the forum are firefighters and almostEveryone has gone much better from having it .... is that you don't get an idea what would make things easier for you .... Dare!
A strong hug and a lot of encouragement, that your girl will be great, or did you not look at the photos of our kids ????Kisses for you and for her.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/04/2010 3:12 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello atodas.We are really missing.I am licy, I go tomorrow for a month to Canada and I am cagadic for the dibets mainly.I don't know how I'm going to manage with the basal of time changes.I can't find any literature and those of Medtronic have told me how little they know.I take the computer so I can read you if someone has experience in the subject.

Udane, I understand you well.David debuted when I was 8 months pregnant and after giving birth I was commented kilos of those I had before getting pregnant.There was no relaxation.Everything changes thank God over time.You never disconnect but take different.
As Velia I encourage you to investigate the bomb world.Without it I think I would have taken the subject much worse.With the bomb you can make a more normal life.And it also seems much easier for me to travel and make plans with other people.
Well, I'm from Pamplona, ​​whatever you need you already know.
How old is your girl?

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
06/04/2010 7:38 a.m.

<Blockquote Rel = "" Santesteban "" = "" Hi Atodas.We are really missing.I am licy, I go tomorrow for a month to Canada and I am cagadic for the dibets mainly.I don't know how I'm going to manage with the basal of time changes.I can't find any literature and those of Medtronic have told me how little they know.I take the computer so I can read you if someone has experience in the subject.

Udane, I understand you well.David debuted when I was 8 months pregnant and after giving birth I was commented kilos of those I had before getting pregnant.There was no relaxation.Everything changes thank God over time.You never disconnect but take different.
As Velia I encourage you to investigate the bomb world.Without it I think I would have taken the subject much worse.With the bomb you can make a more normal life.And it also seems much easier for me to travel and make plans with other people.
Well, I'm from Pamplona, ​​whatever you need you already know.
How old is your girl?
Hello Santesteban. I am from a little town in Bizkaia. NotThese moments. What kills me is to see it with dances on account of the hypos.To be encouraged, so much that today, I have gone to the hairdresse and everything.So we encourage all, our children only fighters and they will teach us a lot.Kisses, Ainara, La Mami de Udane

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/05/2010 2:58 p.m.

Hello to all.I have just been talking to a friend and I have commented that I read in a publication of a magazine, the possibility that in a few years (3 or 5), it can be achieved successfully, heal the diabetes, just as other diseases are curedChronicles, through the Umbilical Cord DNA of another child.Does anyone have any information on this topic?I am not prepared to have another child right now and the day I gave us the bad news, I said that with her it was left. But if that possibility is in a few years, I will be happy to give a little brother, so that sheIt can be cured.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/05/2010 5:57 p.m.

Good morning, Ainara.
I'm glad you are more lively, so, little by little, I tell you what I know about the healing of diabetes.On the 15th I was in a day with Bernat Soria, which is focused on diabetes research.He spoke, more than the umbilical cord, of the stem cells themselves and of this "insulin producing cells.That is achieved, what remains is to make these cells "fail" and stop the real reason why diabetes is produced, the destruction of beta cells by the immune system.Come on, it still remains, but we are on our way.We don't miss hope.
Then I spend more slowly.

DiabetesForo
06/06/2010 4:01 a.m.

Good morning, Ainara.
I'm glad you are more lively, so, little by little, I tell you what I know about the healing of diabetes.On the 15th I was in a day with Bernat Soria, which is focused on diabetes research.He spoke, more than the umbilical cord, of the stem cells themselves and of this "insulin producing cells.That is achieved, what remains is to make these cells "fail" and stop the real reason why diabetes is produced, the destruction of beta cells by the immune system.Come on, it still remains, but we are on our way.We don't miss hope.
Then I spend more slowly.

Hello Marcita.I have read a Bernat Soria interview right now, I do not know when it is the interview, but it says it is prevented from this investigation, because the legislation prevents the use of embryos for any purpose, other than artificial insemination.Interview that there are many obstacles for reasons such as Christian beliefs, that they do not see ethical to use embryos, to cure diabetes and neither other diseases.(Incredible but true).Bernat Soria says "The non -ethical, is not using those embryos to investigate."He does not understand, either, that they do not support the investigation here, while in the United Kingdom whose report in favor of the investigation guarantees it, the bishop of Oxford.Lie that do not realize, of his own ignorance!I feel if someone feels offended, what I think but it is and I will continue to think like this, until they show me otherwise.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/06/2010 8:21 a.m.

Hello to all !!!!I have been a little missing, the first thing to apologize, we went to Extremadura ten days, and we are already in the Madriles.

Udane, that I can tell you, only that I understand you perfectly, my little one debuted tb in this diabetes with 11 messages of life and ... the truth is that for me it was a "horror", after spending a delivery that almostIt takes me ahead, not the childbirth itself but some myomas, well better "an alíen" that I had inside and that I wanted to finish with me, a month admitted to the hospital (between 67 kilos and I went out with 47 with that I tell you everything), It happened to me a little, at 11 months of having my baby, the diabetes already appeared!I was not recovered, you know between what happened to me and that they opened my belly 3 times because ... I was in fatal encouragement and as you abandoned myself.

The principle was ... Buffff very hard, I didn't even sleep to do up to 20 controls in one day, almost at the time, I went crazy!I believed that my little one could have a hypo and I did not find out, it was so small, that ... it is not so difficult in a baby to recognize a hypoglycemia, almost impossible.

On what you say about having them a little high, when they are babies (as is your case, mine and that of other moms who walk tb here) prefer that they are a bit high, it is very difficult, almost chimeric, keep a babyIn Normo Glycemia, and there is so much risk of hypoglycemia that prefer to have them in 200 and peak, then little by little and as everything is changing (the better).

Look regarding the continuous infusion insulin bomb, they put it with 22 messages) if it would have been put by the doctor with 17 months, but it gave me a little of fear (more than anything for that reason whyof carrying an apparatus 24 hours a day not because of the treatment itself).Today and all past, if I saw me in the same situation I would put it with 17 months without hesitation.They usually prefer to put some mesecillos after the debut, so that parents know how to handle diabetes with multiple doses, that is, with syringes or feathers depending on each case,

If you have the possibility of putting the bomb, and you allow me advice, do not hesitate, the change is brutal, the children earn a lot as life and therefore the parents.Obviously the bomb is not the panacea, it is one more treatment and has its small inconveniences (all with solution), but much more bearable for children, because only the fact that they go from 6 minimum daily punctures with syringe in our case,1 every minimum of three days because ... it is already enough change.

Well, I send you a big mood hug and for me everything you feel is normal, cry everything you have to cry, little you will learn little to take it much better, we are "very strong" mothers, although now it does not seem like it,You will get it, I have no doubt because we are super breasts !!!!!!hahaha

To all the other "super breasts" a strong kiss Velia, Santesteban, Alea, Marcita, Regina, Beky, Macllaudi, Shandra, Mani05, Mornita, Kristina, Patrice, Pumba, Dulce, Chus, Jose, Paz-Angel..DiosMine I hope I don't forget anyone just, I can get to list hehehe!

DiabetesForo
06/08/2010 5:18 a.m.

Good morning,
Lena What a joy to see you here again!You have been in my land, where have you been?You are right in super-most (modesty apart, of course).
Santesteban to Canada?Jo, how brave, I hardly risk or go on vacation ... :)) :)) :)).I have no idea in the issue of time change.Let's see if the Mamis Viares, Paz or Mamidejuan enter, and guide you.
UDANE How are you going?I also understand you in the subject of research, before the health and life must be that the belief of a few .....
Well, I have Noe Malita, with otitis and conjunctivitis.The allergy is affecting the mucous membranes of the face and is the poor ... last night with fever and without feeding won ...

DiabetesForo
06/08/2010 6:01 a.m.

Hi Lena and as I always say hello to all.I do not put names because I still do not know you all. I have given a huge climb to find your MSJ.People like you and like many of those in this forum you are the ones you get, that every morning I get out of the bed encouraging me. To read, so you passed Lena, I told me and I complain... If you left after everything that came to you, I will get out.I tell you convinced because you have convinced me. You have a lot of reason that we are stronger than we imagine and I am starting to discover it little by little.Marcita I have made you less, I hope the girl will improve.I encourage everyone to communicate more, this is a free therapy and I hope you read more often, I will write something to you every day. Kesites for all.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/08/2010 11:33 a.m.

Lena, about the bomb I will continue as I am.I only skewer the 4 times and there are days that 3. From the beginning I tried to take her illness as a game and tell me the endo, that I have achieved it.As?Having a lot of imagination ... it will come the time for her to be more cossative and know the harsh reality but at the moment as I say, the disease is lived by mothers, not them, since our children's lows are our own.But we all know that they are the protagonists of this story and the secondary ones.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/08/2010 12:54 p.m.

Very good,
Llovating Mares we are here, and my little jelly bean still unable to go to school, with what he likes.Tonight has not had a fever but has a lot of cough and barely eats, it is also like a beaten dog, armchair to armchair ... at least, glycemia are better, we have already dropped from 200.
You are right, talk to people who understand you and what happens to the same thing that you are a very good therapy, the day -to -day charge relieves you.
Have a good day.A kiss.

DiabetesForo
06/09/2010 4:32 a.m.

Good morning moms ... I'm back.Let's see if I can catch up for the forum.
I insist UDANE, on the subject of the insulin pump .... The word is that it is large "bomb", but in this forum most children use it and that is the best guarantee we can have ... maybeNow it is soon for another change, but do not discard seeing and reading everything you can.And ask what you want, that here we are already experts.
Cheer up.
Marcita, to see noe if he is recovering, poor.
Santesteban, Canada .... Joooooo!
Lena, I'm glad to see you again ... all good, huh?.Have you been to Extremadura and have not said anything?No, huh?That Marcita and I would have invited you to a coffee, woman ... you know for the next one.
Well, I will continue with my housewife tasks, which we have to go to school to take the end of the course.
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/09/2010 5:40 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, Marcita took the floor huh !!!!!Do I sign up for that cafelito and do we know each other ok?That you know that at the end of July if God wants there we are again, looking at the town to which we are called the Sierra's rock (by my in -laws) is about 30kms from Badajoz, 50kms from Cáceres, 20kms from MontijoAnd the most close I think it's called La Puebla.Notice that I was very little to comment on it but ... it gave me shame, silly shame and, I am like that.I said the word now and if you are there on those dates, we will see each other!

Marcita here Tb raining, what penica gives me little Noe!Let's see if the cough happens soon and is the usual.

Santesteban did not read the Canada, I have left!There is no doubt that you are a "super mother" and a brave you don't see.I have no idea of ​​schedules, have you asked the endocrine that leads to David?Maybe something of the subject knows, Ups I just realized that I am late because you are supposed to be heading today to the lands of Canada!Good tripeeee, that you have a very requeso.

Beky, how are your princesitas?Have if you spend and take a little while, I like to read you.You have a great sense of humor.I'm missing sometimes.

Ucane I understand perfectly that you prefer to continue like this, especially if the little girl takes it as a game, it is that in my case since the first day it cost a lot to prick the girl, you do not see how I cried. I broke my soul!, It is true that little littleLittle after it got used to it, but still ... it was hard to be still.I simply tell you about the "continuous infusion insulin bomb" so you know that you are there, that you have that option and if one day you think it is convenient to contemplate the possibility of putting it on.I admire you for having gotten it well, I was not capable, perhaps because I didn't get along.

Macllaudi that good thing about the association is a question, is an association of children with diabetes?Well I am from Madrid but if you need something here Stoy.I spend life fighting, alone, well alone, not together with my husband, but going alone does not make us weaker but stronger, we are hard opponents for those who are above, we have achieved for my great achievements, it has cost us a lotBut ... it happens to me that the adversities fill me with strength and what they do not know that with each not that they answer with each head turn, the only thing they do is give me impulse to continue.

Well, I'm going to leave your computer time.

A kiss

DiabetesForo
06/09/2010 6:19 a.m.

Hello to all of you.I just got home after an exhausting day.It turns out that the pediatrician of Udane occurred to me to request the law of dependency and to my listening, ha ha ha.I contacted the social assistant and today we have had the appointment at 10 in the morning.The girl has been recognized by the medical valuation team (a psychology and the social assistant) and as expected, they have not granted it.What did not expect me, is that they have given the degree 1 of disability!, 33%. And now you will ask yourself and what helps the government offers you?In this case, the Social Affairs Delegation offers you to pay you early stimulation classes, because since my little one does not go to stimulate her ... I learned to walk with 15 months and my husband with 17, the girl has 13 passages,It still remains if it is for Genetics ... and how do I say and that will have to do all these stories with my daughter's diabetes?I have told the social assistant, my daughter needs someone to take care of her 24 hours and every day of the year, including early mornings.I have not come to be sorry here, I have come to ask for minimal help because I consider that my daughter deserves as many like her, to enter the dependency law.They are babies who do not know how to speak, walk and you have to be alert at 24h, it gives me the impression that those who do not know this disease closely, do not make a damn idea.They have had 2 and a half and will you tell me so what?
Lena, it happens to me, the adversities fill me with strength and thus I got, that Udane takes this as a game, although I cannot say the same ... how old is your little one?
Marcita I'm glad this is better, I hope to meet you more.
Velia, once again thanks for your tips on the bomb, I will not rule it out.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/09/2010 1:31 p.m.

Just pass me back to greet you and tell you that I am glad of the forum resurrection.Estamod already alive in Canada and everything was fine.No one knew anything about schedules and we have done what we have been able to and now sees everything very well.He moves so much that I think they help their glycemia.The most difficult thing is the splend of cholesterol food that offers you here.I can't find vegetable anywhere.I go to another super now to see if I find something fresh and healthy.
Kisses to all and I loved Leados Marcita and Velia that I did that we did not know anything, I hope Noe will improve.
Lena, that of new food things that I am testing.Cookies, cereals ... I'll count.
Kisses UDANE.
I will make a monument to which the bomb invented, but we could not be in Canada

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
06/09/2010 2:29 p.m.

Good morning, moms.

Here we continue with rain and cold, it seems that winter has returned.
Noe is going better, this night has not had a fever and it seems that you get less, it also has better eyespeak of more than 300.
Lena, for those dates I think I will be here, so you know, the invitation is made and no shame, huh?
UDANE, I also requested the issue of disability for Noe, more than anything to ask for care help when school began, but we only got a miserable 10% with which, it was not worth me at all.The truth is that yes, that when we introduce ourselves somewhere with our problem there are those who think that we want to be sorry or that they have us, and nothing is further from reality.As Noe says, that from the beginning she has an enviable strength and she has phenomenal her diabetes, she is not sick, she does not like to be told that she has a disease, because she says that she only lacks insulin and is given the bomb,So sick nothing.:-/;)
Santesteban, tell us when you can more Canada, how you made the trip, if you had problems at the airport with the bomb, how about there .... curiosity, more than anything.
Velia How does Angela wear the end of the course?

Well, I put myself with my things.Kisses and good day.

DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 4:48 a.m.

Of course, Santesteban, not to say that diabetes will limit us so much ... I'm glad that everything goes so well.Let's see if there is luck and you find a healthy meal.Kisses.
You, I don't know how disability goes, the truth is that some are granted and not others.And it depends on the recognized percentage you will have benefits in certain things.Let's see if someone can explain better.The truth is that my husband says that any disability or any help should be given to the parents, that we really dedicate a lot of hours of our time to this disease, and I do not tell you those who have to abandon their work, etc, etc.
Lena, will it be possible?shame? ... to see if for when you come here, we still have no holidays:-/, and we can stay.
Becky, how are you going?
Mani, how about that mouse Pérez?
Marcita I already wrote to you on the route.
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/10/2010 4:53 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Holassss
I know this thread.
Some I think you know that I collaborate in different associations of physical disabilities ... When reading the disability, I have thought about specifying some details.

Diabetes in children under 18, is usually considered sufficient cause to grant 33% of disability.
The benefits they grant may vary depending on the Autonomous Community.
For example in Madrid:

Basically the 2 greatest benefits can be: free medication and greater score to access schools or school canteens.

At age 18, the minus value certificate is usually withdrawn, unless there are complications related to diabetes.

As for the agency;We all agree that children with diabetes are dependent ... The problem is that the current scale of the dependency law does not consider it, so, administratively, there is no possibility that recognizes children with diabetes as dependent.

You have my email in the profile in case I can help you with something.

DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 12:22 p.m.

Holassss
I know this thread.
Some I think you know that I collaborate in different associations of physical disabilities ... When reading the disability, I have thought about specifying some details.

Diabetes in children under 18, is usually considered sufficient cause to grant 33% of disability.
The benefits they grant may vary depending on the Autonomous Community.
For example in Madrid:

Basically the 2 greatest benefits can be: free medication and greater score to access schools or school canteens.

At age 18, the minus value certificate is usually withdrawn, unless there are complications related to diabetes.

As for the agency;We all agree that children with diabetes are dependent ... The problem is that the current scale of the dependency law does not consider it, so, administratively, there is no possibility that recognizes children with diabetes as dependent.

You have my email in the profile in case I can help you with something.
Hi Owash.
Regarding the free medication, we have it since we leave the hospital, we only pay insulin and when it is with recipe, two hard leaves.What has missed me is the highest score?We were not telling us anything, seeing that the baby is 13 months old and telling them that I do not take it to the nursery, I do not see it appropriate to comment, I do not know ...
Anyway, one day that enters the "Hello, I am New" forum, read that one asked, if it was true that in the public and private schools of the Basque Country, were they the most welfare?I am Basque and I have not informed that you will have my baby, when the school begins, next year?
And that they do not consider a diabetic child, in my case a baby, who enters within the scale of the possibility of the dependency law, I sincerely have trouble understanding it, but that is going to be done ...

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/10/2010 3:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.