{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Good night!Time without writing!
Laziness, lack of time and exhaustion ...
Well, I have read how little it has been written and I have come from pearls.I had no idea what Lena told the pulses of the pumps.We have very low basal and we have never taken it into account among other things because no one had explained it to us or we had raised it ... thank you very much or the information!
I tb buy the tagatosa in Mercadiabet although I am not using it since I think TB gives a different taste and texture to the biscuits.
Maclaidi my son TB has enough gut pains and I think they are cross air.At first if they worried me but now I think that the fact that it takes some sweetener with some carmelillo gives him more movement of guts and more airs and that bothers him.D I understand your concern anyway.It happens to me with the changes of character and oddities of my son.Any humor change I think it is a hypo or hyper and I forget that he is 3 years old (within nothing 4) and is typical of age although he is once right.
Well, you have a good vacation and that the glycemia accompany us out of the routine too.

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
03/30/2010 5:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone!!!Today I am a little tired, I have wakes from 4: 45h because the little one had to change the early morning catheter.It turns out that at night he got up he has made (he wants to be independent and did not call us) we have told him that when he carries the catheter in his thigh he needs help to raise and lower his clothes because he has already spent several times that he has hooked andGoodbye Cateter!It was part of the night annoying the cannula went out and punctured it inside (he endured what he could and came to our bed) and she alone told us to change the catheter hurts me a lot of mom.So ... after the Toledo night I couldn't sleep.

I have spent a few days ... that better not to remember ... the glycemia to their roll to have several 300 and up to 400 (per catheter failure) without ketone (I've been in this for several years but ... my mind is not able tochanneling them and it is that I even talk) in short I do not tell you more, it will not be that it deplies you.

McLaudi looks at my girl TB through the gut aches, they were daily and even several times a day, I stopped eating (with insulin on), in our specific case we came to the conclusion that they were the Glucosport blisters (they aresuper sweets) and as the little one did not like juice, a total contradiction for a person with diabetes, (sometimes we gave him the gluco as fast hydrates, that is, if he was in 85 and needs to take a kit-kat to maintain(You give your children juice, we gave him half a blister, total that we stopped giving it and gradually the pains ceased. It could be coincidence, because TB told us that at these ages the periods of the belly pains and thatThey are always gases.

Santesteban as I am glad to read, in this forum we learn from each other.In our kids there are few things that do not affect them in their glycemia.I hope you are well.Although I already read that you are a little exhausted, if it serves as comfort I have spent periods like that, but my exhaustion is more head than body and it is difficult for me to fight against my mind.

This week I go to the hospital to give me some classrooms of the Dual Bolus, I had to have gone a while ago but ... my mood I did not let me go.I didn't feel like the head very prepared to listen.

Well, I will see if I do something at home, a very big hug for all and especially for your "sugar."

Chao !!!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/06/2010 5:05 a.m.

But how lucky you are lena that you are taught by Dual Bolus .... !!!In my area there is a lack of "little" education especially in pumps.If you give you something in writing, please!
I have never used the "Glucosport".In David's hypos we use sugar as with a drink of water after.It is the only thing we know is going to take safe.And before the subsequent racion sounds weird or when there is a little hurry because there is no hiccup but we use the chocolate prince cookies.They are a ration of HC with sugar that we have super caught how and at what speed it acts in David and most importantly, it always wants.
Yesterday I saw a 375 for no apparent reason.Seeing them isolated if I carry a good control streak does not affect me so much.I am more affected by the full days of 200.
We don't have catheter changes.At the hours, not always the same, we get up a lot, but it does not follow any pattern.Come on, the day of catheter change is bad day.We are uploading the basal but ... hypos then.We are lost.
David has begun to vomit at 6 in the morning and so.For now the glycemia I maintain them but I can't get almost anything.Acetononas have not triggered either.Hopefully it is a 24 h virus !!!!!!!!
Kisses and encouragement to all.I hope that even if you don't write you are well and you see children enjoying the holidays

santesteban
04/08/2010 6:08 a.m.

Santesteban today sent you the information of the duals by mail.

A hug to all.I am bad time late.It happens more quietly

DiabetesForo
04/13/2010 3:54 a.m.

Hello everyone again, I know that I carry an eternity without writing but it is that Hugo is still crazy, hemoglobin continues to climb this almost 10 and not even the endocrine knows what to do.I do not know because everything failed the meter we had to remove it because it did not give one and in the end or started it gave us an error continuously and the bomb there are times that the catheter works for a few hours nothing more, now we have decided to change the insulin of theHumalog the Apidra having if it is a problem of absorption because there are times that no matter how much it is as if it were water, whole days are passed in 300 and more, I have already seen too many hi in the glucometer.Today I will buy the new insulin having if we solve something.I do not think the pump we have already tried the oblique catheter and nothing remains the same.Now I am very worried because this year enters school and I don't know how I am doing, the basal are fine because when it works well there is even some high but the problem is precisely that we do not find the problem because everything fails?.I hope to write this time more often and a little kiss for everyone that even if I don't write they do not forget.

shandra's profile photo
shandra
04/15/2010 7:21 a.m.

Shandra, how hard it has to be !!!!
The possibility of the bomb have thought?I say it because it does not occur to me that it can be except absorption problem because it has the very crushed subcutaneous tissue.
I am in a file X on the low.David had an episode of Vomites a week ago that lasted 20 hours and since then we have had to lower the bolus some halfway.I imagine that it is food absorption problem due to gastritis.
The problem is that we are a little lost and scare to send the school like that.
Well Shandra, we can say something.
Let's see how insulin change.
SOULTE !!!!

santesteban
04/15/2010 9:38 a.m.

Hello family,
How long without passing, I hope all the kids are well, and you too, of course.
Sandra a lot of patience, it must be desperate to be like this, to see if you have luck and with the new insulin everything is solved at once.Much encouragement.
Santesteban, how is the little one?I guess already recovered at all.The truth is that gastroonth is the worst for our junk, I play wood that a long time ago.
Marcita, Velia, Mani ....... I forget ....... I'm totally asleep.: Oops: I hope you are well.
Here a little low by certain nayah things ....... that if hemo: 7.9, asthma, nasal hemorrhages, cholesterol, glasses, endo .........YlaprequeloparioAtodo along ......... well, go shit.

Kisses, I'm going to bed.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
04/20/2010 8:07 p.m.

Very good, family.
How about here?We have been without the Internet for a few days and you miss you.
Noe is lately with ups and downs without apparent reasons, well, yesterday, yesterday the catheter came out: shock: it was put in 432, it later took just over two hours to normalize.
Beky, a lot of mood.
Wow, the little one claims.Then I spend more slowly.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
04/21/2010 1:01 p.m.

Cúnto Tiempo without Leados Beky and Marcita, I'm glad Leados even if not everything is good news.
Poor nayah, how much together !!!! and poor mom! Much encouragement!
We continue from file x I think for gastritis.We continue with one or two hypo a day from 30-35 a day.We are going down basal.And the gut pain is not passed, or so says.I no longer know if he uses it as an excuse not to eat.
Greetings to all.

santesteban
04/21/2010 6:22 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Jolín, how long without spending, I have not even been able to read you ... I have been linked with works at home and oppositions, which bring me fried ..
Sandra, what a job about the kid .... I can't think of anything, except something that the endo proposed once (and we did not do because I refused to return with the injections) ... a few years ago we started withA catheters problem, all folded upon entering, and spent 2-3 weeks with astronomical figures, several hi and the consequent despair ... the more nervous we got worse, everything came out ... I was shaking my hand to the hand toPutting the catheter, she contracted, and everything caused again to be the poorly inserted system .... It is a kind of loop, of vicious circle difficult to break ... the endo proposed to park the bomb 1 week .... We walked Lantus and Novorapid, and told us that we were like this until we felt calm again and with strength ... My panic to return to the injections made me get out of that situation, but it may not be so bad idea to leave it ashort time and then resume the theme ...
With respect to the meter, I understand you, when you are in a roller coach or you have those ups and downs it is "counterproductive", we have been able to experiment with Angela, that one week a month, more or less, it puts itself like this .... climb up to a figureAnd then he went abruptly, at first when we rose so much, for fear of a hyper, and soon it began to go down and with active insulin about to start taking effect, we quickly counterattacked with juices, Hc, S slow, and shortlyAgain up, let's be a bewilderment ...
Let's see how you are doing with the apidra, and if you don't tryA different TB system.
Anyway, good luck and a lot of encouragement ... Here you have us for what you need.

Santesteban, Angela was the same after gastroenteritis, I had to lower the basal the following 2 weeks .... By the way TB.complains sometimes from the gut ...

Becky, TB.Do you have asthma?Ángela TB.daughter, we do not deprive ourselves, thanks that in our case it is only a couple of months a year, Nayah is bronchial or seasonal?That told us our endo), in fact it is almost always at this time when he has it, we also have glasses, and hemo I don't want to think about it but I'm afraid that a swam away from the ideal ... (evil of many, comfort ofSilly, huh? But well, within what we can carry more or less well, come, encourage.

Marcita, how is Noe? Is it more stable?The course endings are quite agitated, remember last year.

Well mamis, a kiss and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/25/2010 7:21 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Good morning!!!!

I spend congratulate all the moms of the thread, that you have a nice day.

Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/02/2010 8:25 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello good,
How are the kids?And the moms?
Here we are as always, now (and I play wood) is the most stable thing, Noe is fine, it is eating well and its glycemia begin to stabilize, in fact we have been 3 days that at night we only do control of the 3.
Well, many kisses and good day.

DiabetesForo
05/03/2010 4:24 a.m.

Hello everyone, although I am half missing I read you whenever I can

I have to tell you that the association in Aragon is still underway.Soon we will distribute the triptychs that we have made to try to get partners and we will start moving to make known above all the problematic of diabetic children in schools.We plan to talk to the competent authorities.Passy to step but without stopping.

On the other hand, tell you that I was recently in Barcelona.My daughter has been bomb for five years and although I had insisted the pediatrician who takes my daughter no one had taught me or handle or configure the easy bolus.I didn't know who to go either.I am happy because at least now I use all the tools I have in my hand and I get the most out of the insulin pump.Before it reached the same conclusions but many times the wear was important.
On the other hand, they have also given me an action protocol with dose and so on in the event that the pump is broken or the catheter is obstructed.All this so far did as I understood, sometimes giving blind sticks.
And they have given me a little way to follow because they have told me in principle what I don't have to play (the bolus of meals seem to have them quite tight) and what is (the basal ones)

I will tell you little by little.

Velia to see when we can talk for a while although I already know that you are going, that I have cariñetes

Kisses

macllaudi's profile photo
macllaudi
05/04/2010 5:43 a.m.

What diabetically active speaking I see you mclauudi !!!!.What envy.
No idea of ​​the Bolus either.Where and why have you obtained so much help in Barcelona?.We teach us the basics about the bomb and the rest we are incorporated by our own so that you teach me and read you.
Dvid seems to recover from his gastritis.It continues with gut pains but the absorption of the HC is almost normal.
Kisses

santesteban
05/04/2010 6:51 a.m.

How about moms ????
A lot of time without spending as always, I hope you are all well and the little ones better.Here little to tell, already in the final stretch of the course that for us are more headaches for the holidays, excursions, etc ... but everything is because of the happiness of our junk.
Kisses.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
05/10/2010 6:50 p.m.

Very good,

Uyyyyyyyyy!What missing we are the moms and daddies of the forum !!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you all walk well.Here Noe is a little Pocha, tomorrow I take her to the doctor, but I think it will be some allergy, she suffocates when breathing, she has conjunctivitis and the nights are scandal, she can't sleep, of course, she can't breathe: Oops: Oops: Oops: Oops:And the glycemia thus, once surprises us with 50 and others with 270, so we walk.

Go through here and have Andais, for fa.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
05/26/2010 4:58 a.m.

Hello moms and dads!Following your question peace, I have my little one, with his three years I don't leave her with anyone, where I go, well, with his father yes, of course.It is that the family is not prepared to "suspect" a hypo and things like that.We are glued as a Lapa 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.Better times will come.Now Noe has better glycemias, his problem were night and dawns, very low, but as I said, with soybeans it goes better.Greetings.

Hi Marcita and Hello everyone especially.The bed, at the time I started to feel rare, as my head was going and it was, I denamed me and says my husband (thank you that I was) that I went through 1 min.Thoy 3 months ago that theI debut and I have lost some 5k and what was already thin. I ask me if I will have strength to endure?I only live for her and not as anything, because I'm not hungry and when I'm hungry I don't have to do anything ... I would have happened to any or is it that I am leaving?
Changing the subject, Marcita when you put the soybeans better, do you mean the milk?I hope because I have tried a lot of them and all that raise a lot and if I add cereals it is a bomb!

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/03/2010 6:49 a.m.

Hi UDANE,
I'm glad you decided to go through here ...
What happens to you has happened to us, I believe everyone, we neglect, we are the last for everything, if we have something we do not give importance ... until the glass overflows, as it happened to you last night.You have to get time too for you, to take care of yourself, keep in mind that your little girl needs you more than ever and needs you well, so, for you and especially for her, dedicate yourself some rattim, make yourself, eat, take care of yourself, go toDoctor if you need it and try to rest ...
As for soybean, yes soy milk, it began to take it for a problem of constipation and now it likes it a lot and it is phenomenal, it also cereal, especially in the morning, it takes them very fast and how you have to goTo school ... and then you have very good posts.The cereals that I give are the 8 polish cereals, are the ones that carry less sugars in the market, although they have told me that now Hero Baby has taken some sugars added, but I have not seen them yet.
That said, take care of yourself.A very strong kiss and I hope to see you often around here.

DiabetesForo
06/03/2010 6:59 a.m.

UDAN, take care of yourself, as Marcita says, that your daughter needs you a lot.I was also very bad when my daughter debuted, with a lot of anguish and depression, and I went to the head psychiatrist, because I could not continue like this.He gave me a soft tranquilizer, who took away my anguish and helped me focus.You have to be strong to be able to attend to your daughter and learn a lot to control her well.Eat, that you can have anemia, and go to the doctor that he will know what to give you.
Kisses

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/03/2010 12:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hellooo!I already wanted to write to you something. My champion sleeps while I take the opportunity to comment on something, which has me musqueized ... for example, today night although we have been the majority of dinner. Before dinner was in 159, at 2Hours I find it in 270, very high values ​​after an intake, but so we walk since we leave the hospital. In change, the endocrine when reads the results in the control sheet, does they give them for normal values?.Above when the insuled, at 12 at night we have to give it a right one and this is a sum and continues for glycemia!2 hours is almost always above 220 or more. We comment, that the values ​​had uploaded it a bit because being so small they would prefer to keep it high, but do not seem too high?
Well, tomorrow another little while and a lot of encouragement for everyone, who less, we all need it.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/03/2010 6:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.