{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

That envies Velia, the sun has come out here but you can't get out because if you put on a layer you do superman.I am glad that you are already fully recovered and empusta as twenty, not to say!;) :))
McLaudi, when you count these things I'm glad you for you and you give me a healthy envy that you don't see;).I will be too demanding because I have always wanted to find a endo like the one you have but I see that there are very little in the profession and those that are really lacking for a lot of bomb that some put.Congratulations beautiful and I'm glad you are already better.
Lena, blessed heads you have some!I sin a little imagination that sometimes takes you out of so many.I will put your trick into practice because it has already touched me many times put it to hair and there is no cream without cream, you have taken panic, thanks for sharing it.
Marcita, I'm glad you are better, to see if it can be good.
Santesteban, how is the little one going?By the way, the neuron almost does not work, you are right ...
Today we had moved in the school, yesterday they went on an excursion and the teacher did not take the juice when we had already spoken, yesterday I did not say anything because it was too pissed off but today when commenting on it, it has excused you telling me that it has a very difficult class andthat the photographer of the school had come, etc, etc ...... after justifying a thousand times with the same, to tell me that they could have gone to any bar in case of emergency and not to assume its error and leave me as a "distrustful "In the end I have pissed off ...... Two teachers for 25 children !!!And a thousand more things that are a roll to explain, such as children who also have other problems and all kinds of watermages that can be heard when they cannot defend themselves ........ When I have gone to the controlHe has apologized in case he had misunderstood what he had told me ....... in short ....... the fact is that Nyah came with 58 but had no symptoms and the teacher or he found out, althoughThat also happens to me many times, that is the subject, that I accept a mistake what I do not accept are cheap excuses.I don't miss a single hike.
Kisses

Beky's profile photo
Beky
02/25/2010 12:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is fine that you have spoken to her, because it may not be aware of how important it is for our children to have their things at hand .... surely he does not forget again, and if not, he does not compromise, right?
How are the Demá?We continue in a roller coaster, the controls are not too bad but constantly go up and go down, a total dismissal: shock: ... let's tell you that the days that has been bad have been glucemic speaking quite good ... Well nothing, patience, that I am missing more and more ... there is no other.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/26/2010 3:43 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Good morning,
Beky, perfectly understand your anger, for them to carry or not juice and when we recriminate them we are hysterical, as they do not have it at home ...
Here we continue to improve, we made normal with appetite and glycemia are also normalized, it remains to re -adjust the first section of the night, which returns to sleep restless, with dreams, and it is high again.Anyway, our daily bread.
And finally Friday, better, that tomorrow is temporary and better not to have to leave home.
Kisses and good day.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/26/2010 4:06 a.m.

Please any of you could explain how the dual bolus works?They have told me that I have to use it mostly with rice and pasta, but I don't know very well how to apply the percentages.Explain it as if I didn't know anything at all, which is reality.When I have tried it, nothing has worked well for me and I think it is because I don't know how to do the percentages.

DiabetesForo
02/26/2010 6:21 a.m.

Lena, I use the dual for both food and dinner, and varies the proportions especially depending on the glycemic index and fats, but that you have to go seeing it, I usually put more units than if I put a normal normal bolus, eg.If I put 7 units I usually put 4.5 or 5 units in normal and the rest in 2 hours or 2.5 hours, but you will have to see how it works for you, what control has at 2 hours and what control at 4 ... the truth isThat I am dual pro-bolus: D, it works great, avoid hypos and cover very well the HC, s slow, but as in everything you have to probate and write down until you have correct guidelines ... use as a reference the controls that you haveThe post-post girl (4 hour later) now that you are supplying the dual bolus, observes if she has hypo at the beginning and then hyper, etc ..... you tell us and if you want to put the figures you are gettingTo see if we can guide you better.

Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/26/2010 9:31 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good,
How do those kids and moms follow?Here we continue with a very bad weather and the muffins that do not abandon us, but we cannot complain.The glycemia, after bronchitis, seems to be normalized, but on the 9 we have endo, so I don't know how hemo will come out ... Anyway.
Lena, I also use the dual and since she does not eat large amounts I still put it in a very short time, half-an hour, but as Velia says, it is a matter of seeing and testing, I think it is the only way.
Jose, give us signs of life, that you no longer have us.Paz, Dulce, Beky ...
Kisses and good day.

DiabetesForo
03/02/2010 4 a.m.

Let's see girls but you use time and percentage according to what he eats?Do you use the dual for all the meals of the day?I don't know about the glycemic rates of food, I didn't have them too much into account until now, I tell rations and weight with the scale.Surely from there that when he eats rice and pasta especially at night in controlWe control at 1:00 or 1:30 we are uploaded to 240 ...

It is that for me this of the dual is new, I only used the square when it is justified in seventy -many (I take a 0.2 and put the insulin in half an hour) we always get well in the post.

It is evident that I have to start taking into account the glycemic indices of food. Do you know any website where I can look at them or that I can print the most general foods, we go the ones we use the most on a day -to -day basis?

DiabetesForo
03/02/2010 4:41 a.m.

Lena, we use them in food, snack and dinner and we are doing very well.And when we go out to eat out and there is dessert, we already worn there with the duals ... the dual is multiplied and put it in 4 or 5 hours ... it usually works ....
It is clear, because of the effect that the rice and pasta do that you need a dual .... put the total units you put (the normal dinner plus those of the correction you have to do later) in a bolusdual .... supplies you in normal less units than you currentuploading or going down quantities ....
In addition to glycemic indices, it is very important to take into account proteins and fats ...Fats ... I increase 1/2 ration by fats and another 1/2 for proteins (no matter how much they say they are free) ....

I have taken a look by Inté.I leave you a link for you to orient with the I.G.

How are those kids? .... And of course how are those moms ????
I am a little clueless, in fact I had not read this post: Oops:

Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/04/2010 4:07 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good morning,
I am also lid and I don't enter a couple of days ago ...: Oops:
Without news on the front, everything normal, well, with some insomnia, I am revealed between control and control of the night and now I have a dream ...
Well nothing, good day.

DiabetesForo
03/04/2010 4:38 a.m.

Very good.I carry a lot without appearing ...
We had review last Friday.We have a 7.4 hemo.We have climbed a little and we still have many hypos so hemo is not very real.
From the review I tell myself that when I have an important hypo I have to "suspend" the pump for a while (1/2-3/4 of hour) so that the reserves of the liver are repeated after giving elazucar and the ration of HC
I am reading you about dual bowling.I do not usually use them as such.If it is true that I do them since I usually put according to what it eats live and part in square.That by the way it was Velia that taught me and removed the fear of putting the square bowling.
I will start putting the duals.It happens to me like Lena some nights.
Anyway with fat without fat and rice does not seem to me to need a square bolus.Yes, I use it with croquettes fried potatoes potato tortilla, etc.
Marcita, the same thing happens to my husband as you with the insomnia after prick of the 3
I am Kao, super tired, tomorrow I continue.
What does spring arrive by favooooooooooorrr !!!!!!!

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
03/04/2010 5:20 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
It is a good hemo, Santesteban, to see if the next one is already with more stability ... the truth is that it is difficult for me to think of "stability" when it is a child ... It is that there are so many factors thatThey influence ... But, Joé, that we are doing great, we keep our children with some we have great, we go out of their glycemia, fluctuate as little as possible ....
Angela returns to her good glycemias ... Let's see what lasts.
It also happens to me of the insomnia, but if I have control from 4 ... it gives me an impressive anger ... last weekend, that Angela was with her father, the only day I have to sleepFrom the pull and that I almost never get (I wake up voluntarily, AGGGGGG), I woke up at 3.30, I became obsessed, and Ale, the last time I looked at the clock, you were 6.45 .... a disgust, because the next day you are madesome foxes ...
Santesteban, I also started like you, normal and square, and it took a while to use the dual:-/ ... curiously it is much better the latter, well, less not, but faster.In the other way I had to put the square first because if I didn't have to wait to finish the normal to put the other, hahahahaha ... a roll.
Marcita, I'm glad that everything goes normal .... Let's see if we continue with the good streak, and see if you do less controls and you can rest ... what a roll ...
Spring?Fear of me, they say that Chunga comes for the allergic ones (last year we had a great time), I tell my husband to go to the coast, who say that there is where we have to be the allergic ...: D
Kisses and good day for tdos.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/05/2010 3:40 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good,
Santesteban, congratulations on that hemo, is great, the worst thing about the hypos, to see if they are gradually surpassing.The truth is, I play wood, we have not dropped from 60. They have told me that to calculate the glycemic variability we have to multiply the standard deviation by two and if it is less than the average blood glucose, because the variability is not very large.When we go on Tuesday I will ask if that formula is so.
Velia, I give you the reason, I also think that we do it very well, we will be wrong and we will have our failures, but we strive because our kids are the best possible, even if it almost does not imply sleeping: shock :.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
03/05/2010 3:53 a.m.

Hello girls!Enter quickly to tell you that those you can pass through "insulin bombs and devices forum bolus dual and square""Little detail" very important and that can influence glycemia upwards especially in the glycemia of the kids after catheter changes.

I have not commented before because the subject had not come out, but I think it is important that you know it in case they have the case that they have a hyper after the change and you are wondering why can it be?

Then I spend more quietly now I hurry.

A kiss

DiabetesForo
03/17/2010 4:19 a.m.

Oh, how paradito this thread is ...
Papis and moms Where are you?How are those kids?
Lena, they explained that when they changed us to I see it and we do have it how much, especially because it has very small basal and if you disconnect it before it puts the basal, then the rush hits.One thing was going to ask you, do you use data capture?Specifically, I don't know very well how it is reflected in the graphs.
Well, nothing, tell you something.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
03/23/2010 4:48 a.m.

Hello everyone, how are you?
I am a little Plof, to vary ... and I would like to help me in a thing that I imagine would happen to us all but that I do not know how to face
And how do you act when your children hurt something?I tell you.My girl lately hurts her head and gut.In principle there is no physical cause.The controls are lately more or less well.It can have other causes such as stress but for the moment it does not manifest them either.

I get very nervous and start wandering how I will face the situation.Although I am raising my daughters alone because I am divorced and the relationship with his father is very bad I always think that I will not be able to control it.
In the end I can always because as you will know, I do not know where we get the strength, but we take them out and we are able to work, live to make our daughters happy, but I do not know ... it is as if your whole life will be unraveled...

I would like to know your opinions and advice.

A kiss to all

Ah, Velia, I have called you several times to see how everything was going but I have not been able to locate you.I have already seen in the other thread that those of the hospital are a little better and that you are with coughs .... patience ......

macllaudi's profile photo
macllaudi
03/23/2010 9:52 a.m.

Hello, Maclaudi.

According to the pediatrician Celia had, gut pains are the most frequent cause of consultation with the pediatrician and, almost always, they are not important.
The kids sometimes also manifest head or gut pains when they are tired, they have stress or simply want to avoid something unpleasant (go to school, keep someone who dislikes them, etc.)

I have always used with my children the placebo to know if the pains were real or not.Giving them a teaspoon of bicarbonate telling them that it was a crushed aspirin used to work with the headache.A vitamin pill could "transform" into a powerful remedy against gut pain, etc.

If the placebo does not work, the pain may be real, and then it must be valued if the doctor needs.

Regarding the other topic, better alone than badly accompanied, you know.
If you need anything, here you have me.

A hug.

DiabetesForo
03/23/2010 11:46 a.m.

Maclaudi, I imagine how you feel.Noe also sometimes complains about the gut, they are usually gases and with a few drifts of Aero-Red solved problem, although also as alea, the placebo theme works very well, a couple of teaspoons of chamomile infusion ...
I know that when our kids get malitas or manifest some symptoms, we get nervous, we sometimes know how to act ... but unquestionably, you do it great, it must be hard to face everything alone, but you have "rears" for that anda lot more.Do not be discouraged or come down, that your kids notice it.
Courage and a kiss.

DiabetesForo
03/25/2010 4:39 a.m.

Hello family, a second ........ Let's see if later .......
Congratulations to Noe !!!although with delay.
McLaudi, do not despair, surely happens to him, Nyah was also like this and thought it was diabetes.
Velia, how are you all and Angela?
Jolin like this ....... then happened to me ......

Beky's profile photo
Beky
03/26/2010 1:36 p.m.

Girls how to get the tagatosa ???

Beky's profile photo
Beky
03/26/2010 2:06 p.m.

Beky, I buy it in , also now for Noe's birthday I bought some sugarless jelly beans that are very good.How about kids?Kisses.

DiabetesForo
03/26/2010 3:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.