{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Good morning daddy !!!
Jolín this to have such as appraisal makes me very disconnected, and I don't like it, no !!! ...
Lena, I am also putting the lambdalina for an hour and a half or so, and it is going well ...
Mornita, in the end I didn't put the sensor on her arm.I did not dare.I saw him muscle on all sides and only in the bottom some of "chichi": D ... is that my boy is pure fiber and pure muscle, hahahaha ..... we opted for the thigh, and really the truth.Nor did it hurt and it doesn't bother him much ...
Angela did well the insertion again, so I suppose that the rebound of the previousDo not take them.
Santesteban, what fucking are the times of lack of control ... to see if it is entered into sun ... because it is exhausting ... I think they grow, really ... Angela began to need more insulin of theNight in the morning, what I produced in my certain disbelief, always blamed him on that he could be incubating something, that if any bubble, total that after a week without further motifs, we increased basal and bolus and problem solved ....
Becky, if the doctor has not given much importance tries not to overwhelm you much .. I really have weight?Blue fish because of Omega 3 and see what happens in the next analytics.
Well, kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/11/2010 6:49 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Very good,
How are those kids disguised today?My piratilla was happier ... the pain that could not take his patch and his sword ... :))
Beky, as Velia says, wait for the next analysis, our girls have a very healthy diet.
I see that the theme of catheters, inserts, creams ... let's go and experts in the field is going well.
Here, Noe continues with a catarrillo, rather congestion, but its glycemia in perfect magazine (we will touch wood).
Well, I have things to do, kisses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/12/2010 5:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone, here I am again.
I didn't write lately because I had lost my password and I didn't remember what it was ... and sometimes for laziness ...
How are you?I a little low mood.
My daughter has insulin bomb and had a supersubidón for 15 days in which it cost me all night that would come down from 500. It must have been a evil function of the catheter and solved it by clicking insulin with syringe.Since then it has taken authentic terror to catheter changes and tonight without going any further we have been high again.I have decided to change it because it did not go down.When I being changed, he has woken up.We have been raised from 4 to 5 until I have managed to put it on treason.
Consequence.I have put it wrong because I was tense and I had to change again.
When he went to school he was about 300. Now he has dropped to 250. I have put a lot of insulin and was very afraid even though there is a person at school that does the controls in case it had happened to me,But of course, he had to counteract the time he had been high at night, the time that the catheter and the little breakfast that I have given him has not worked.Anyway, I am done dust and I imagine that she ...
And this disease does not give truce ... and sometimes tiredness is infinite, although I consider myself a lucky one because my daughter can wear an insulin bomb and because she is a happy girl ....
Tell you also that I am moving along with other moms who have young children to get them to be treated in schools. We are going to start with the CA to which we perceive that Aragon is.We have created an association.We are really desired and illusion.And any suggestion that can help us, how to move and others will be well received.

A kiss and thanks for being there.

macllaudi's profile photo
macllaudi
02/15/2010 4:31 a.m.

Good morning!!!!
Maclaudi, I'm glad to read you ... my mother, there is no worse thing that fits her fear of something ... why don't you try with anesthetic cream? The truth is that for Angela it is much less traumatic, and here they are using itSeveral kids, with a resulting quite good.Let's see if he goes down ... APPROVAL OF THE LUCK THAT YOU ARE WELL OF THE WELL THAT TREE TO CLAUDIA IN THE COLE AND DO NOT DESHe gives us these "moments" ... encouragement.
Ask Owash, he is very nice and is in charge of the Valencia Association ... and good luck with that initiative.
Here the kids have no school, neither today nor tomorrow ... I have no idea why, since there is no carnival tradition:-/ ... but well, with that we rest a little that we have had to catch something and we walk aLittle pachuchillos.
What a beautiful one that would be Noe de Pirata ... Angela de Flag of the C.E.E.:-/ ... at least they gave us the bag and the stars and the preparation was quite easy, because with how useless I am with the seam:-/ :))
Well, I go on the route and put myself to the mess.
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/15/2010 4:41 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Maclaudi: Do you carry your little oblique cateter?
I spent a couple of fear nights like the ones you comment and it was because the 6mm catheter did not work well.I have not seen a 500 again since I use oblique.The old age of oblique catheters is very different from those of 6mm, it is more progressive and does not give those super climb.
The same is not your case but just in case it serves you.
Cheer up

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
02/18/2010 11:13 a.m.

Hello everyone !!!Enter quickly to share with you my joy, today we have had a review and there is ...If I believe it because I knew that something had to go down, but so much ... in the last one I had 7, so it is a sign that we are doing well and above all that the oblique catheters work.He has had few hypos and almost all of 66, 67.68 some of 59, they have told us there are few hypos and that glyc is very real.

I'm ... is that I don't even like I'm

Thanks to all for your wise advice

How happy I am!

DiabetesForo
02/18/2010 12:57 p.m.

Congratulations Lena !!!!Jolin, the truth is that it is a joy and especially when there are not many hyper and hypos ... a kiss at 2.
Santesteban and you how are you going?
Angela not very well, the truth, or with the minilink we have good results, to less stability less precision, and of course the hormones are giving us a war that you do not see ... but well, here at the foot of the canyon, trying to take advantage of usThe media, at least to avoid a greater evil.
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2010 4:21 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Congratulations Lena !!!!!!That envy ....., especially for not having hypos and that you consider hypos the 65-68-.We have many and this week that we have gone to the snow and we have left schedules and routine we have had a 23 a 35 and more ... ours we have not real.Tb we are having more hypers this season.For all this, longing the minilink, although because of what I read you, it is not all so simple.
What is already controlled is the theme of placing catteres.With your indications about time and tricks the thing is much better.
To celebrate Lena, to bear fruit the efforts we do is the best thing that can happen to us

santesteban
02/19/2010 6:22 a.m.

Good morning!!!!
In the end Angela fell ... Last night it started with vomiting+ diarrhea+ fever, at 9 at night .... today is made foxes, the glycemia fell steep and with a lot of acetone in blood ... I only had 2 strips of the optium, AGGGGG ..., so they had to conduct them, this morning I was only 0.3, less badly ... now the serum is taking, although it continues with diarrhea, and the glycemia do not fall from 180, I have already had to put it smallBolus at night and increasing the basal ... Let's see how we are happening.
Santesteban, what a roller coaster ... is what you have to get out of the routine ... in that case I do many controls, I have no choice, I know that what is an enjoyment for it is an "extra wear" forMi, but it is the only way to "try" that the subject does not rise much while they make a normal life: |.... The minilink is not so simple ... there are seasons that works very well, and there are seasons that instability makes the lags greater (it's like playing mouse and cat between capillary and sensor glycemia)... but that tb.It helps you not have figures or too low or too high, so there is always some advantage .... Let's see what surprise we do by Medtronic with the new sensors ...
Maclaudi, how are you going?Enter a little more ... how is the new association going? ... You'll tell us.
Becky, and you?
Marcita, Noe already answered? ...
Well, I let Angela claim me.
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/20/2010 5:43 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Lena, congratulations, what a piece of hemo (the applause icon is missing) ...
Velia, how is Angela?NOEE NOE, today again with fever, emergency, radiography and discarded pneumonia:-/ Thus we walk here, and I more or less the same what desire that Julio arrives!
Kisses for all and good weekend.

DiabetesForo
02/20/2010 1:09 p.m.

What a Marcita, I hope Noe will recover soon, and you?Are you bad too?I still, wishing that a little heat will arrive, that disgusting cold for God ... and the next week: Evil: take great care.
Lena, congratulations!Wow Hemo, who caught her.Ours there is no way to lower it, to see if this quarter does not twist the thing and something better comes out because we are going down thousandsima in thousandsima, even this month we have uploaded a thousandth :(. It is a joy to see results, enjoy it a lot.
Velia, how are Angela?Jolin with the viruses, here they are also, I hope Nayah is getting rid because he already took a lazy one and now it seems that they come stronger, let's touch wood.
McLaudi, how about the little one?I hope you are already calmer.Pass more and tell us how the association is going.
SantaSeban, to see if the glycems behave better with you, patience.
Everything quiet here, and keep like this.
Kisses

Beky's profile photo
Beky
02/20/2010 8:07 p.m.

Good night?How do these various viruses follow?There is a lot of gastroenteritis tb but for now ..... (I say nothing just in case).
Beky, do you write at 3 in the morning?And does the neuron work at that time?
We continue with the nocturnal climbs and the famm "insulin as tap water".Today and yesterday I think it was growth hormone.Every 2 hours at night glycemia, bolus and we got as much as lower from 300 to 280. exhausting as you already know.
The fact that he has come from school today because the shoes were small confirms me about the hormone.Yesterday they were fine, or at least he didn't complain.
These days I have had a substitute ... I say ILO because it is already solved.My little one, Pablo (17 months) began to make 7-8 times cacas a day and has a super prominent abdomen.Like Celiaquia and Dibetes they are related because I was scared and went to the pediatrician with the idea of ​​being a hysterical and reassuring me Deciéd me that she did not seem to be a celiac.But it goes and tells me that I painted that if it could be and that with some analysis we would know.A week take to give you the results.And in the end .... nothing.We were how we were the best thing that can happen to us.Do you imagine one celiac and the other diabetic?What madness!
Maclaudi.Everything happened already?Account.
And Lena, if you think of recommendations, make them please I want to learn.
Kisses to all

santesteban
02/22/2010 2:56 p.m.

Very good,
What a Street Santesteban, for a similar one we spent last year with Noe, thankfully it also gave negative.
Beky, I'm glad you walk calm and I hope the kids are fine.
Over here, better of bronchitis, but now with otitis, well, from Saturday, from there the fever came what mania is my daughter to put the "itites"!And others, and since last night with diarrhea and discomfort in the stomach, I hope it is not the virus this modern ...
Well, I pass the route and see you tomorrow, which is finally incorporated Noe to school ...

DiabetesForo
02/22/2010 3:41 p.m.

Good at 5:30 am that are nights or days?I do not, I have controlled him and I had 69 I have given him 3/4 of juice and now it turns out that I can't sleep, you see ...

Mcllaudi my mother with the 500 of the noses.Look I will tell you a secretary that I have discovered very recently, 4 days, the other day at the last minute in the school we were put to 348, it came from very good controls, and so on 348, the thing is that it isIt was a catheter change and so as not to risk or prove conceaker, the nurse put the insu with syringe and as it was 13: 15h and the little one leaves at 2:00 p.m. we took it home for the change.
Well, the fact is that we did not have time to let the lambdaline act, so my head that never stops thinking ... I devised what I was going to do so that the catheter did not hurt (it carries oblique catheter and it is like a flag), I remembered the ice bars and asked my Maradin, what if we put an ice bar of those of the glucagon bag so that the area is sleeped with the cold?Ok we have nothing to lose, he replied.Total that we normally bathe it, we explained to the girl what we were doing and we put a bar in the culete, put remove, put away, when we already did several times squeezing with your finger we ask her. Do you feel that I am squeezing you in theculete?She said no dad.Well ... we put cateter and it didn't hurt.The next change so to try it again, we don't use lambdalina and repeat the same operation and bingo hurt a droplet but says that almost na de na!Well this I tell you if it could serve you for intenspective changes, you may try it during the day and maybe you can do it in night changes, (which I hope will not be repeated again in a long time).

Velia I hope Angela is better, the truth is that when they are malitos it is quite desperate glycemically speaking.Not long ago the girl TB with vomiting and gastro itself was super slight 3 vomiting and two days eating little, but the following week my mother!You already know about the intestinal flora, absorption of hydrates, it was very difficult for us to control the situation (more than ever) the girl was like a rose but her barigota absorbed hydrates at full speed.

Marcita and Noe how such that grace to make me together!Do you take care of it is worth it?

Santesteban, how is it in postcena control?Does the night with the glycemia start well and go up, or do you upload it some time from dinner control?Look our little from 9:00 p.m. to 00:00From the catheter we put a temporary basal 2 hours to 0.40 because we have verifying that at 1:30 it will be for the 230mg/dl approx.
If in the post it is for example between 95 and 130 at the time we make a contron again because many times we have given us a room of ration and as it went up we have come to have a 273, so with theControl at the time we check the trend, for now it is the only solution we have found.

If it is the growth hormone I would solve it by creating another basal for those days, you know that you have to modify the basal 2 hours before when you want it to take effect.
On the subject of Pablo's possible Celiaquia I have believed you to understand that they have already given you results and you have confirmed that no?My mother that I am thick.

Beki I'm glad that everything is quiet, you'll see how the next hemo with a little low luck.

A kiss to all I'm going to get into the shower that after the paragraph I have thrown you ...

DiabetesForo
02/23/2010 12:29 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Santesteban what you have to grow per day, I corroborate it .... the bolus and basal for weeks, very ...That there would have been a bubble, or .... But in the end it was always the same, that it grew and that made him demand "much" more insulin .... It will seem an exaggeration, but Angela ended last summer the school with a35.5 standing and started with a 38.5 (only one summer had passed) ... and that influences, go if it influences .... do not be afraid to put a much greater temporal basal if you do not want to modify the basal,That will help him not upload so much, especially if you are doing so many glycemias ...
I am glad that the child has given negative .... Lara, a diabetic girl from those who go to control with Angela has a celiac sister ... and our friends have a celiac and diabetic son ... her mother says thatA thousand times the celiachy, although of course, put to choose ...
Lena, jolin, you have energy at that time ... ufffff .... and always machine ... if they would have to give us some prize, no ????, hahahaha ....of ice .... I'll have your "remedy" if I see myself in that hurry.
Becky, to continue like this ... let's go luxury.
Marcita, and you know, Parriba, beautiful !!!
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/23/2010 5 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good morning !!!! ... Lena, daughter, I have soon put into practice your "remedy" .... This morning Angela has risen with 300 (we had spent days with the catheter: Oops:gastroenteritis and gastroenteritis, I went the clamp ...), because I could not wait, Holy Hand .... He says he hasn't felt anything: Shock :: Shock: .... in short, thank you !!!!.
For the rest, already recovered, and with a lot of delay in the studies ...
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/24/2010 3:52 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone, first of all Velia is glad that Angela is better.Yesterday that I was solica in the afternoon I was going to call you as you were but less bad that I remembered that you had an academy because I am more timely ...

Yesterday I also spared a very long message and before sending it I kept it in drafts and it was lost.I hope that the same does not happen to me today because what I find it hard to write ...

My daughter goes better (and me too).Last week we went to Barcelona, ​​to the San Juan de Dios Hospital.
We changed the basal, especially those of at night and finally someone (that you were not your Velia, that you help me so much), he told me that there were things to change and gave me solutions.
First of all with the theme of the catheter that my girl had taken authentic "terror."He told me to change the insertion zone and place it in the leg, on the side at the height of the culete because although he almost neither marks or anything had a harder area.It is the first thing I have done.He almost did not hurt the first time and the next one I have already been able to change almost asleep as he usually did and has almost not noticed.
He also told me that the area had toI'm explaining myself well ... but if you don't ask me.I asked him about the above and told me that she did not advise him, because in the long run they were not good, but I did not find out about reason.He commented on the "vascularization" of the area.
Secondly, something else that is giving me a lot of good results is to raise the basal of the night, to 0.40 to 3.00.Before it took her to 0.35.And he even told me that he could rise to 0.45.
The bolus of meals in principle have not varied them.I have calculated the insulin by ration in each time section, more or less, and he told me that at the middle of the morning that eats in the school it would be good if it put a little of insulin bolus and lowered the basal, becauseSometimes it arrives fair at this point and then a little high to eat.I have not introduced this change because he told me that I had to make the changes one by one and let a few days spend how they turned out.
Once the basal is adjusted more or less and the Bolus more or less, this is already known that it is not an exact science, it will teach me to program the Wizar Bolus, which until now in three and a half years that I carry with the bomb ofInsulin nobody had taught me to drive.I have also proposed in the two weeks before I let everything point, especially because with the theme of pasta and rice, I am a little spawning.
Although it seems paradoxical I was very happy, because an endo told me that I did bad things, but at the same time I would provide solutions.Until now they only threw my anger when I had a worse hem, but they didn't tell me what I had to correct.In addition, this doctor told me that the hemo I had was based on some hypos that with insulin bomb were not very acceptable.And that could improve insulin pump performance ....
On the other hand, the theme of the association continues.This weekend we have the first meeting with the "Rule" papers.Thank you very much, Oswah, for your advice.We will take them into account.And I will give you the "beating" if I consider it necessary (that happens to offer you, ha ha)
A hug for all and thanks for your advice

macllaudi's profile photo
macllaudi
02/24/2010 4:31 a.m.

Very good,
So that then they say that the forums are useless ... that of things we learn from each other and all so practical.
I am glad that Angela is replicating.
Lena, what I idea that head, if we do nothing but think about how to make our children's children.
Noe goes better, already gets very little and spends the nights better, and I also improving, although I continue with stomach discomfort and little desire to eat.
We are going to see if I mess, that I am waiting for the refrigerator technician and will come at the worst, sure.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
02/24/2010 4:34 a.m.

Maclaudi we have crossed.
I am glad that you are better and more animated, the truth is that when someone gives you solutions and clarifies things you seem to turn on the light at the end of the road.I am very happy for both, a kiss.

DiabetesForo
02/24/2010 4:39 a.m.

Maclaudi, how good !!!I didn't know that you planned to go to another endo ... well, the important thing is that you have gone well and that you are happy with the results ... you have to explain well about the leg, to see if I convince I aThis daughter of mine, because the truth has no lipodystrophy, but we will have to change.Talk later.A kiss.
Marcita, I'm glad it is fine.Come, the sun has come out today and you have to take advantage.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/24/2010 12:49 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.