{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello family,
Just step to give signs of life because we have been very lid.Today has been Nayah's birthday, already 5 years old, I think it's a lie, I'm already left without my babies :(
This week we had the first revision in the ophthalmologo, the background went well but it has to wear glasses, we have to imagine them but I always hoped that it would be fought.I think it's silly but I have to recognize that I gave me low, I thought something else that my girl has to endure :( this week we have the review with the endo and I really do not feel like seeing my face, so that I say everything good, all good, just by measuring it and weighing it: Twisted: I will ask you about the subject of the sensors to see what it tells me.
By the way, any of the kids have chores on their feet ???Nayah complains from time to time and the truth is that I am a little worried, I will tell him to look at him, if he is not discomfort to the endo-conference, of course.Jolin, how am I today :))
Well, I'm glad that all the kids are so well and the problems of cateters are solved.Let's see if they also put the sensor that we are unique and you are already envy.;)
Ah, congratulations to the forum chocolates, a very fat kiss for Nico and Nacho.Let's see if we dare to put a photo girls.
Congratulations on that piece Hemo to Angela.
Marcita, who does not improve soon, a little kiss.By the way I did not answer you, it is bronchitis but it seems that it is controlling with homeopathy.
Kisses for all.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
01/24/2010 7:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good day!!!
Piece of hemo velia !!!!.Give my congratulations to Angela.
We are anchored in the 200 and sprout this weekend plus three hypos of less than 35. bone, dislodge !!
This Sunday has also made his first gap with his corresponding staples.Although he behaved like him, coorecto and without setting up shows if he is away from home.
Beky, we don't have a meter either.Congratulations Nayah.It is true that they become older.
Kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
01/25/2010 4:49 a.m.

Good evening parents !!!!
I have written a will on the route talking about what we are doing for Haiti, in case you want to read it.

First of all, thanks !!!For sharing my joy with hemo ... although you already know this is "bread for today and hunger for tomorrow" ... continuous evaluation ... we cannot lower the guard ... but hey, we will have to celebrate it, that for thatWe curb it a lot.

Lena, did you not answer ISDN's yet?Jolin, they could already spab from, because if it is working so well, you will have to try it.

Becky, welcome to the Gafitas Club .... The truth is that the same thing happened to me also when they put his glasses to Angela, but you know, in their class almost all the children carry them (not as in my time thanThe normal thing was the opposite ... ComeYou can combine the colored mounts ... we are going to be more cute, than na.
What a mess that I have with the meetings, if I have already congratulated you ... Well, I am ready, yes .... Well, other congratulations for the little birthday girls.
Santesteban, how about the gap? And glucémico speaking, already more controlled?, Joer, if when something is twisted it is a mess ... Angela has also had a chungo weekend, high and with a couple of downturn to 45 (and that has not seen it for a long time) ... is thatIt grows like bad yerba, and I don't want to tell you how we are going ... Anyway ...

Well, I leave you, I'm going to sleep a little that I'm tired tin.

Kisses to Papis and kids and have a good night.

Ah, special kiss for Maclaudi and little.;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/26/2010 5:33 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone!

Velia forgive, if they called me and told me to be calm that in the studies they had done they had only had allergic cutaneous reasons and in very few cases.As you told me, he told me to try the film paper, so I am putting it.

He told me that he would not leave him more than two hours because of the issue that he could make less effect not for anything else.

We are still equal to the little one does not harm the insertion of the catheter.

Anyway, as I have a neighbor who works in the hospital and with children I will ask, they use it, both the alcohol to remove the catheter and the creatures so that it does not hurt.

A kiss

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/27/2010 3:05 a.m.

Hello girls

I wanted to thank you for all the advice you have given me.In the end we have solved it, it was a matter of testing.

We have returned to the mile that is much better than the lambdalina and it seems that it hardly hurts.The sensor puts it on the culete (it puts a nervous but controllable tank) and the catheter also with Emla before.And as I told the route yesterday, the solito, which champion, was put in the thigh.

The Minilink is a joy, so you are doubting you advise you that at least you try it and then depending on how you decide it.

On Monday my children turned 5 so that I already have two little men at home, we celebrated it in the ball pool with all the friends of the school and they had a luxury (we are not so much :)) :)))

Mainite how is your child with the sensor in the arm?I don't know how you have been able, does not go out ???It seems very difficult.I am impressed by that needle a lot and for the moment it is also my husband who puts it on.
Lena I'm glad leaving the cream 2 hours your daughter doesn't complain anything, whatever they don't have a hard time.
Santesteban a gap ?????Ains these children.Let's see if you get to return to stability that these hypos worry us a lot.
Oh I forgot, Beky about the chores on my feet the first thing I rule out that they are fungi that with the pools is easy.And what are I going to tell you that I wear glasses from 6 years ???For me it has never been any trauma, neither as a child nor as older, as well as Velia says, now there are beautiful and good price.Nayah will be beautiful with glasses: D
Kisses for everyone that I can't entertain anymore.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
01/28/2010 4:37 a.m.

Congratulations to your offspring, Maniaucino with which the catheter was placed.I think science fiction.
On the subject of anesthetics the risks and the time of action I tell you, that my maiden that among many other things is dedicated to pharmacovigilance and various rolls with the medications to investigated the subject and has told me:

EMLA: Application time between 1 and 5 hours.From the 5th hour the effectiveness begins to descend.It is recommended to have it two hours to achieve maximum effect.

Lambdalina: Application time between 1 and 2 hours.Do not exceed two hours.Important: Apply on intact skin (without wounds)

I fit me since as Lena said I tried to leave EMLA two hours and it does less harm than with an hour.Yesterday we were in a hurry and left him only an hour and complained much more. From now on if there is no hurry I will leave him two hours.With the Lamdalina I have not tried that we have not used it since the 6mm catheters were taken off.
Well, I'm going to clean a little the house that has slept and I have to take advantage since I have it in the Lapa phase.
Kisses

santesteban
01/28/2010 5:19 a.m.

Mani, I'm glad that with Emla no longer hurts anything, yesterday the sensor hurt a little perhaps we click almost out of the Emla area, well and maybe it will be for what I will tell you now.The arm sensors go great, the truth is that it impresses quite putting it on the arm, but my husband is very brave hehe!.

Velia and Mani: I suppose it will not happen to you, because you would have commented, when you insert the sensor you have "half click"?Because it has happened to us last times, I called Medtronic to say that the insert did not go well and they tell me that it is because of my son's skin (?????), but I think the dock does not have enough strengthAnd the needle does not just nail the needle, with which (refrain from sensitive eyes) my husband has to finish inserting it manually: |.Now you understand because I say that my husband is a brave ... I would appreciate that you told me your experience, because they have agreed to change the puncture but we are going to give me the reason.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/28/2010 3:54 p.m.

Mornita, my daughter happened from time to time.Not only did it have little strength, but it was stuck part of the adhesive to the side, despite cleaning it previously with alcohol.

They changed the prick and we were still the same.In the end we solved it by cutting the adhesive a bit, so that it never touched the sides of the puncture.

Health and luck.

DiabetesForo
01/28/2010 4:25 p.m.

Good morning,
And how cold we are !!We do not stop telling stories, between inserts, catheters, creams ... in fine, this is our life ...
Beky, I understand you when, I have "worse" you fulfill them as mine :)), and they grow so quickly that we don't even find out.
Mani, you have a whole champion at home, Noe takes off the catheters but put them on ...: Shock:
Here without novelty.Noe recovered from its cold and bad appetite.We have had two days (who knows why) quite short and with basal sections to 0, but is also overcome.
Have a good day.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
01/29/2010 3:38 a.m.

Try, forgive but I'm putting the firm
Chao

DiabetesForo
01/29/2010 5:05 a.m.

Very good,
Oh, what a paradito this is!
How about, Papis?I hope you and your little ones walk well.
We are happy here, we already have it and for what we have seen so far, it is a pass, very improved and more precise.
Noe well, with some little one, which gives time and already waiting for carnivals to get their pirate costume.
Well, kisses everyone, small and large.

DiabetesForo
02/04/2010 3:39 a.m.

Marcita: We also have the paradigm I see, since December, Pope Noel brought us, you don't see what joy!In the end, have you also put the minilink?

Users of the Continuous Meter: In case you have not read my previous message, the inserter nails the needle with the sensor, my son is stuck in half, I wanted to know if the same thing happens to you too.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/04/2010 5:45 a.m.

Hello everyone!!!!
How long, I'm still with the oppositions and I can barely enter ... how are you going?And those kids? ... Angela is again with a tendency to discharge ... it goes up that you upload basal and bowling ... and this age is quite complicated, I already remember Alea, or Angel .... By the way, peace, to see if you make us a visit, that I remember a lot of you ...
Mornita, it enters us to the inside, just the other day bounced, a couple of times and I could not put it on, it stayed halfway and it was impossible to put it, and for not having another bad time we took it off and ready... today I will try again, but Joer, I'm already with the fly behind the ear ...
By the way, was you who commented that you put it on the arm?In what area?I only tried it once with Juanlu and also bounced, he barely stuck, and we are thinking of rotating but we do not know what part is the most appropriate ... I see enough muscle, the truth ....
Well, and little else, today regional food, Fritite Extremadura, who have brought us a lamb ... and this afternoon snacking with 7 children diminished psychic, 7 friends that I have spoked when we have been working for Haiti, and I want in the middleRemove 2 or 3 horns to study.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/07/2010 5:22 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Good morning,
And rainy again :?.
Beky, how about Nayah?You commented something on the route, I hope it is nothing.
Velia How was the snack with new friends?Ah!I forgot to tell you that in the talk with Javier Lario from the other day your Juan Luis came out in the conversation, because speaking of the sensor I said that we were going to wait for the summer to get the new one and laugh said "this Juan Luis, I tell him something andThe next day he puts it on the forum ":)) :)), I told him that it should be, to be all informed and said yes, that it should be.
Well, Noe is still complimated and today with sore throat, he wanted to go to school (how will he lose it?) But I already have an appointment with the pediatrician for tomorrow.
I greet on the route and I put myself to the task, that the ugly days take my desire.

DiabetesForo
02/08/2010 3:41 a.m.

Good day to all !!!!

Rainy day TB in the Madriles, I am very very tired today, tonight I could not sleep, between the night controls and the insomnia I slept 2 hours and I am defeated.

The little good, a malita state with the belly, vomiting and more vomiting, but the watercolor always saves us, the controls well just a hypo and of little importance 67mg/dl.Today I went to school as Noe, although in the case of my little one it costs him a little more.

Velia surely what happened to you with the sensor will be something punctual.

Becky a little kiss for your little princesses

Santesteban how is everything going?

Well, girls just came to greet you, I'm going to sit for a little while in the armchair to see if I fall asleep even if it is only half an hour, I really need it.

A hug for all and many kisses for the little "pochitos" and the "not pochitos"

DiabetesForo
02/08/2010 4:29 a.m.

Forgive girls, I forgot to congratulate the birthday girls and Nicolas congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My mother how these little ones grow a penica .......

DiabetesForo
02/08/2010 4:52 a.m.

Velia: The sensor is put in the arm on the back, under the triceps, the vast majority have enough meat there, do not take photos if you would not put a photo of the child's arm to see it.If my son who is four years old in an adult should be easier, there is more surface.
By the way, today I have asked about the new sensor, they have not given me a date, although I have insisted, but if they have told me that it will be shorter and the most final needle, as well as more precise, to continue waiting, to see ifWe get rid of the flag now.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/08/2010 10:43 a.m.

Very good to all.Aqúi we continue with a season of lack of control.I think we have to change some basal and fine again.With the oblique catheters we did not know what a three hundred and peak was and we have seen that data again on occasion.I think it has ever been for bubbles, yesterday I think it was because I gave him fresh pasta and some night has been because he needs to climb basal.
Come on, I'm forgetting to try to try the sensor before the new one comes out.
Another issue that I wanted to ask is, those who have bombs I see is because they have changed them without more medtronic or your endocrine.It is that if I wear a sensor I want him to carry it, it makes more sense.
I hope those Lena gastroenteritis go better.
Velia, many spirits with your studies.To me, with my opposition it happened to me that any extra activity that I related made me feel bad since I stopped that I had to be studying.Now, I am envious of your acts, there, your friends ...
Kisses to all

santesteban
02/08/2010 11:42 a.m.

Santesteban knows the conclusion that I have arrived with those inexplicable 300, because the bubble was in the cannula and not in the cable, hence we do not see it.

We have given the pump in the morning and at night, before each bowl, see or not bubbles in the cable, and the truth is that I think we are doing well, coincidence?I do not, but I am sure that sometimes the happy bubble has reached the cannula and bommmmm !!!!

DiabetesForo
02/08/2010 1 p.m.

Hello family.
How are everyone?I see that some pochillo, here too, Nayah has caught some viruses of those rare, headaches, gut and vomiting, just eat and the controls are horrible ...... You already know.
What I wanted to tell you the other day was nothing "important" but another reason to eat my head.In the review of the endo, the analyzes came to limit the values ​​of LDL cholesterol, the bad.We were white the truth because what Nayah eats is to envy (I do not say it for mother's love, Mami and Juan can confirm it: d), he likes all vegetables except green beans like his mother as a child and the fruitEverything does not eat any pork, or sausages, fried peskitos one day a week, if I give him some Bolleria to breakfast two or three days per week to vary from so much cookie and some chocolate or dessert custard cup one dayA week so that it does not have anxiety, it goes to the pool, come on ........ and this comes out, I amazed, gives the impression that you are doing badly not, fatal.The endocrine said that it was fine but that if he went down two kilos, that these things usually at this age is usually due to genetic factors.Nayah since Nacio has always been in Perentil 75, if he already seemed that he had cellulite with 8 months and was still with the tit!Talk to his pediatrician who is a nutritionist and told me not to worry, but exercise but no diet that was too forbidden, that with this I did not mean that he had cholesterol problems as older ....... butYou know ....... Another thing.
Kisses for Noe, see if it improves soon and spends some good carnivals doing piratilla, what funny.Here if they are of princesses Marcita, I change it that I do not like :))
Lena, to improve your pitu too, you are machines, you have been able to control the glycemia, ole!Thanks for the congratulation.
Velia, encouragement woman.
Kisses for everyone, that in the end I roll too much and I have not done anything.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
02/09/2010 5:58 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.