{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Very good,
Where are you, Papis?I hope that is not a sign that the kids are pochos ...
Here without novelty, all good.
Beky, how about Nayah?Was something chest, finally?
Well, you have a good day and see if we are encouraged to give signs of life ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/15/2010 5:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

We are living !!!
After so many days at home making wonderful plans and continuous parties, David has not made any grace the school.
Glycemically speaking, after Christmas Christmas, with the changes of schedules and others because we walk through the clouds.I hope to control the substitute again.
I wrote a few days ago in the forum and my son Pablo of a slut deleted it before hanging it.,
Mornita, my son TB has little chicha so I have only put the catheters the gluteo.In the gut it seems to me that it has no suffering fabric.And in the thigh he has so much muscle (he loves walking and has it very developed).
And nothing more, wanting to call us to try the minilink that I think will be that month

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
01/15/2010 10:10 a.m.

Santesteban: And where do you think the sensor?Because the sensor does have a shade Say Acongojante ... I always put it in gluteo.The continuous meter is wonderful but adds a complication to the area of ​​zone rotation.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/15/2010 10:22 a.m.

Here we are too, I as always without stopping and my chocolates to which more requeteguapo;)

They have left us the minilink to try it and it is a joy, it gives you a lot of peace of mind and it is amazing to see how insulin and digestion acts, but we are thinking a little about buying it for two things.

First because "we lack a place" where I put it on as it happens to Mornita.The first time we put it in the belly with the bad luck that touched muscle because it has no fat but the whole week had, the second time we put it on the back as Velia recommended us but it fell to the minute (twotimes) and the third we put it in the buttock and also endured the week.The problem is that the pump catheter had to change it (we also put it in the buttock) and discard the belly (because the endo told us) and the oblique ones (which we had already tried without success), and we triedIn his leg but it lasted only one day.So the sites have ended.

And second because having hurt him the first time with the sensor, we have backed up like the crabs because now he has the needles cry and does not want to change the pump catheter, when he did not protect anything before and that we never usedEmla or Lambdalina.

So we have to think about it, it is a very aggressive method yet (they told us that for May they are going to put the 8mm cannulas instead of 13 as now, perhaps it would be necessary to wait).Another option would be to use it only one week a month or something to adjust or when there are routine changes but not to always carry it.

The doctor told us that we would value everything (also the emotional impact of the child) and that we take into account that if we cannot rotate we can create calluses in the buttock and then remain without a place to be able to put the bomb that would be much worse.

So that I tell you, from my point of view it is a wonder of invention but too invasive for such young children.

Kisses

mani05's profile photo
mani05
01/15/2010 11:24 a.m.

Mani: What do you mean that the catheter lasted one day in the thigh?Was it taken off?Didn't the catheter work?If we rotate with the thighs, now we have no choice, although before the meter we also used the upper part of the thighs, and both the gluteos and the thighs work perfectly.We have also tried to put the pump cateter in the lumbar area, we have only done it once because we did not know where to put the catheter, the glycems were a bit regular, although I do not know whether to blame it to the insertion zone or to the Christmas comilones,Of course the catheter was well straight when we removed it.The next one I will put it in this area, I will tell you how it works like this, let the thighs rest.
I await those 8 mm sensors, in May, Velia, the same is before the summer, Bieeeeeen!
On Monday I will ask my Medtronic representative to see what he knows about the subject.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/15/2010 12:12 p.m.

Hello everyone !!!

I have not been able to enter because I have been a bit lid, now that I have some time left to wish you a happy year

Girls on the subject of the sensor, I really do not even think about it, two years ago or something else they already taught me in the hospital and ... is that it is a banderilla (we are the same as the obliques), the endocrine has meSaid several times to put the sensor but I am reluctant, in my daughter's body there is no more space.And sincerely I am not for the work of saturating the insertion areas.My daughter has been with the bomb for almost three years and what is left, we have spent a little of everything, hemoglobin has never risen more than 7.1, now we are 6.8 and I hope that going down (I believe that for aSo small girl is a good hemoglobin since he never had many hypos).

Anyway, perhaps when it is a little bigger ... I don't know how a priori I have to say that I am not going to put it, I think that in our case as our daughter is of little chicha, we better stay as we are.

Oh I forgot, the insertion of the obliques the little one has overcome it, it is a champion and neither cry nor anything.

A kiss to all, tomorrow I spend more time now my "sugar" we are going to do towers.

DiabetesForo
01/15/2010 1:52 p.m.

Mainite referred to me that he fell the next day to put it on his thigh, he took off.I do not know if it was because he had swimming, because he would have remains of cream or why, the fact is that he left us a little chafados, but we will try again just in case, because that is what you say, there are not many options left.In the lumbar area we put the sensor and left twice, so it doesn't convince me much to try the catheter.I hope you work for you, luck.

Lena I think like you, it's a lot of cloth for our kids.My son also has been the bomb for 3 years and always in the culete, the heme he has is also very good but I also see many positive things of the sensor.That's why I have so many doubts.
For example, we have discovered that just after dinner (at the approximateIt was always fine, with this we have learned that we must use square bolus at that time because insulin makes the effect much faster than digestion.Another thing is that the pump stops if it detects glucose less than 60, does not supply insulin until you go back, is more if you pay attention to it starts to whistle with a message that says "I have diabetes, I warn emergencies."And of course that of being able to look at every moment how the level has and not crush his fingers is a very large comfort.

That is why I say that in my opinion the invention is very good but it still has to improve a lot so that our kids can take it.Today I see it more as a very useful element to collect information, analyze it and adapt guidelines and basal but the truth among so much catheter, cable and puncture seems too much slavery for them.

What a good night beautiful

mani05's profile photo
mani05
01/15/2010 4:41 p.m.

Mani: My son also swimming and the catheter is not detached.I suppose that when you say cream you mean the emla, look even if uncomfortable the only way to remove any rest of the cream (emla or moisturizer) is to put it in the shower and wash it with a sponge and soap the area, I always do it and neverNone have taken off.If you see that the edges begin to break a little, they are made like some flyers, you put an omnifix ring, as Lena explained, and flatter to swim quietly.
Another thing I do almost always, is to dry the dressing with one dryer, the other day I was in the dermatologist for a thing of mine and in passing I told him the issue of reactions to the dressings and told me that there was nothing to do againstThe irritation since the aggressor agent cannot be eliminated, but that the drying was very good idea to continue doing it because the humidity harms the skin a lot since it is not its "natural environment" (????).
On top of the minilink also I use an iv opsite dressing I think it is called by Medtronic's, it is like the tegaderm, to handle it better always short in half, first I paste the part of the sensor and then that of the minilink, superimposing them a little, because either I am very clumsy or this plastive sticks on yourself that you do not see, you wrinkle then you can no longer take it out, a Christ.With the rings of Onmifix I do the same in half, first one part and then the other, sometimes only took off and only put a semicircle.Ah!Under the minilink once the sensor was inserted, he cut a little piece or so the size of the minilink and stick it before connecting it, because we had noticed that he made a snore, now great.If you put a bigger dressing underneath it is a story because it tends to take off and you cannot change it, in this way when it almost does not excel from the dimensions of the transmitter you can change the dressing of it whenever you want, yes with a surgeon pulse, because the sensor stickers do not stick naaaaa!(I already complained to Medtronic).
Well here the roll!Phew!How long
We are delighted with the Minilink, I think the advantages far gaining the inconveniences.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/16/2010 4:40 a.m.

Phew,
They have not yet told us anything about the minilink, but if they tell us, the truth is that I am linked, some do you well and others do not, in short, we will see.
Mani, I'm glad to read you, are your chocolates for years?Jo, how they grow quickly.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
01/16/2010 6:48 a.m.

Marcita in our case is not that we have gone wrong, we have not even tried it, the girl is thin, a matter of genetics, eats very well but there is no one who fattens her, what scares me is that as she has such little space forPut the cateter saturate the zones.This fear is what throws me back.I prefer to continue with the pump without having problems in the insertion areas.Having had to change the oblique catheters they make more signal on the skin and although I take great care of the areas you cannot prevent more punctures from having more brands.

Perhaps as the endocrine told me we try 10 or 15 days (I think he told me) because of seeing what oscillations he has glucose.And later when the girl is older it can be the time to wear it longer.

That doubts that the minilink in the background, as well as the insulin pump, the advantages exceed the inconveniences, that is indicustible at least for me.But in our specific case for what I have explained before my little one we carry both together I do not see it viable for now.If I could put it with the closed eyes, but how it can't be ...

Marcita if you allow me advice, if noe can take it I think you should try it, I think it gives a lot of peace of mind.

A hug

DiabetesForo
01/17/2010 5:48 a.m.

Lena, is that Noe happens what to your little one, which is of few chichas and would also be a problem to look for places to put so much gossip and rotate the areas so that it has no problems.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
01/17/2010 7:08 a.m.

After reading we are we are calling ourselves to wait for "" "May" "" to get him when the sensor is smaller.What we do not know is whether to try it once before when they call us from the consultation.We are afraid that it is afraid of it if it gives him a lot of damage, although on the other hand we have so much desire to see the curve of a whole day ..... I am convinced that as Mani we are going to carry more than one surprise.
Notros TB We will have the problem of saturation of areas given its age and "little chicha" but we catch it for not continuous use.

With Elemla or Landalina, the placement of the sensor hurts that the oblique catheter ???
You realize that we have spent in a short time of not knowing the minilink (ExxEpt Velia) to have it as the main theme of conversation.I think he says a lot.
Bessss! What user is this mother forum of mine !!!!

santesteban
01/17/2010 4:33 p.m.

Good morning daddies .... Look that you have spoken !!!!
Minilink theme .... It is invasive, no doubt ... we have Angela, and that with the anesthetic it seems that it does not hurt so much ... once put nothing bothers her, but for example this time sheIt has lasted only 5 days, last night he left, Arggggggg ... with the fault he made to us, because he has started with the "endo -syndrome" (tomorrow touches us), it takes 4 days that insulin looks like water, tonight the night theI had to correct 2 times with 4 units (a nonsense), and last the same ... yesterday it spent all day with figures that touched the 200 and I cagandomentoloquesemenea ... ahhhh, and that with the minilinkIt is desperate, come on, to see a graphic so that it demoralizes (it is not the same to see a 200 in a gluco) than a graph that does not move from that figure:-/ ... conclusion, that I do still put it on it, yes, as always, as we find the school guidelines again, we leave it for a few weeks, then we return, in short, a "strip and loosen" with Angela, until May: D ... although I prefer not to get too many illusionsuntil you can try it.
Speaking of the issue of insertions (catheter, sensors ...), it is true that they are marked, poor .... Ángela the 1st catheter was placed in the gut (I have already commented that it is thin, and before a lotmore), because we have never been able to try again ... you couldn't even move, it said that it hurt a lot .... to see if we are already convincing it ....
Well, I have rolled up a lot and I have little time ... the oppositions are already starting to overwhelm me, there is little time left and when I see the amount of hours that my academy colleagues are depressed ... in short, that this isWHAT THERE IS .... A KISS TO ALL

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/18/2010 3:51 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I see that we continue with the issue of Minilink.I believe that at least, if the kids want, you should try it, I had few expectations, I had read online and I did not imagine it in another way, worse, I was surprised that the figures coincide so much.I knew perfectly what it consisted of and that is why I expected a larger lag.
My son since yesterday has been in the arm, it does give it a little grimCalibration in the worst conditions 178 and rising.Today I have swimmed "plasticized" the arm and has endured the minilink without moving.
My child also has many marquitas, on top of the leather, they last a mogollón, sometimes I look at my culillo and my soul falls to my feet, so still at the risk of being unconscious we have launched ourselves to the alternative sites, I already tell you the sensor carries it in the arm, and the catheter today we have put it in the lumbar area.
I do not know who asked if the sensor hurts more with the emla than the oblique catheter, my son with Emla the sensor does not hurt anything, but the only oblique catheter that we put in the belly said that it hurt a lot, I stillIt impresses the needle that inserts the sensor, it seems those with which the dogs put the dogs, well I have not dared to put one, my husband always does, one day I will have to assemble value.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/18/2010 4:37 p.m.

Good morning to all !!!

I enter a moment to tell you a little thing, look more or less 6 catheter changes the small glycemia are very good, I think this is due to the following, although we put the Lambdalina 1 hour before when theHe kept hurting, this made the girl tense and even cry, on some occasions the catheter when we changed it was a bit coined or folded.

One day, the girl put us at 302 (standing at school about 1:30 p.m.Perhaps, the truth is that with little hope that the concealer would work, but however rare the concealer worked for what in the end we did not change it, we decided to do it when he got up from the nap (it was time to change).When we woke up normally and what was our surprise that ... when my husband went to put the catheter the puncture did not hurt at all, until the little one was surprised, he did not even notice it.

The point was that it was with Lamdalina two and a half hours on, we think if it could be because of that and bingo !!We tried it the same in the next change, after eating we threw the cremita, that is, it is two hours with it and until today, it works better than having it only an hour.

The girl does not hurt, no longer cries, so since she knows that she is not going to hurt, she is not tense and this facilitates the insertion much and I believe that the proper functioning of the catheter, has quite good glycemia and we have not hadthan to change any because it stops working or because it was high glucose.

I have come to the conclusion that it is basically impossible for a catheter to be equally well and not with problems, being the quiet girl and thinking that it will not hurt that being uneasy and in tension.

The only thing that worries me a little if something will happen in the long run because the anesthetic cream has it two hours on.

I hope that what I tell you can help one of your children so that the insertion of the catheter is less traumatic and more effective.The same for the kids who use a sensor and hurts to put it TB can serve.

A kiss

DiabetesForo
01/19/2010 2:39 a.m.

Thank you very much Lena.I am going to try TB and investigate a little about what you comment on the adverse effects for excessive anesthetic time.
I tell you.

santesteban
01/19/2010 5:31 p.m.

Good, because the lambdalina is left for half an hour and it does not hurt when we change the catheter.
We already have a date for the change of the pump, on day 3 they will make us see it.
The little ones well?

DiabetesForo
01/21/2010 9:53 a.m.

Marcita, look that oblique catheters are like a flag, impress only to see the needle.

When my little one used the 6mm catheters we did not use the lambdalina, it did not hurt just, at the beginning of putting the bomb yes, but then he got used and stopped crying.We didn't even know about the existence of anesthetic cream (I found out here in the forum when I asked Velia and Alea for the oblique catheters).

But it is that oblique catheters are brought to you.They hurt if or if, you have to be very strong so you don't get a tear when you insert it.

Anyway, with the issue of expanding having more time the cream on it seems that tears are over, is that each catheter change was a total tension and I can assure you that it does not surprise me anything that needles my mother!I don't know how the sensor will be but the oblique is ...

DiabetesForo
01/21/2010 1:21 p.m.

Good night!!!
I spend greeting you, which I am a little disconnected !!!

First tell you that the other day we had endo .... 6.6 of Hemo, well !!!! .... The best of all was the good impression of the new endocrine, after the bar so high that Dr. Arroyo has left,It seems that the substitute has been stomping .... magnificent impression, magnificent review, he dedicated a lotabsence of hypos was remarkable and that there were no significant hyper .... let's go very well .... On the other hand he gave us the results of the annual review and everything was also perfect ...: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D
He confirmed what we already know, that Angela is entering puberty, that her insulin requirements will be increasing (we are already suffering), which can be normal to 1.4 units.of insulin by kg.And day .... She is in 1.1 more or less, and that she will be very changing ... uffff, nor that he jurs !!! ... but come on, more answers than an eight ...

Lena, the sensor needle is fatter:-/ .... We are waiting for more news about the noise or not of the anesthetic cream, Santesteban, because if it does not have side effects, another that tries, especially forThe minilink, because according to Lena the theme works ....

And little else, that I touched one of the 2.

Kisses and please, that glycemias accompany us ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/21/2010 4:34 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Congratulations Velia for that hemo 6.6 and congratulations to Angela because it is doubt that the one who is a child responsible for fact that this hem is possible.

I am very happy that you are happy with the new endocrine since the one who is a close person is a very important help.

Regarding the Lambdalida, I have called Isdin and told them my doubts, our doubts after all, and they have remained that they would pass him to the right person and contact me.So, I'm waiting.I will tell you.

For now we remain as well as it lasts a lot!Yesterday when her father changed her the catheter and left the bathroom, the little girl came to me and she said Mom today either has hurt me, I have not cried anything at all!You have to do with what simpler things I excite me, but ... it is evident that the cream works best having it 2 hours.I wish with all my strength that those of the laboratory tell us that we can continue to do so and that nothing happens.I cross my fingers.

A hug

DiabetesForo
01/22/2010 3:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.