{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Patrice ... regarding the quality of life, it is unquestionable ... there is nothing currently that compares in that sense of insulin bomb .... much less inconveniences.For young children who need those minimal amounts of insulin is the best.They also adapt very quickly to carry it.Here they write several mothers with children who have bomb since childhood, to see if they enter and tell you.Anyway, read the thread and also the bombs so you have more information.
With respect to school.My daughter has no class in the afternoon and eats at home.But Claudia, Maclaudi's daughter eats at school ...exercise that they have in addition to glycemic control ....
But not all cabbages are the same.Moreover, there are some who discriminatorily treat children with diabetes ... You will have to see.
Santesteban, how are you going ????
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/20/2009 5:47 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Good Sunday to everyone !!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome Patrice, which until now does not enter.
Do not hesitate to pass you often around here, because in this forum, in addition to learning a lot, you will feel understood as anywhere else and that seems to make the load more bearable.
Regarding the bomb, nothing to add to what Velia has told you, which is whom we all turn when we have problems or doubts, at least me (I take advantage, thanks Velia).Noe was put on September 28, almost three months ago and has improved a lot, the quality of life, the joy of the girl, the "freedom" of schedules, not having to get up early on Sundays, has taken weight ...Disadvantages will be, we so far have only had, that at the beginning we took off the catheters (they came with a defect, we changed the lot and issue resolved) and the occasional bubble, very much from time to time.The girl did not take more than half an hour to get used to carrying her and does not bother her to sleep, play in the park, go to school, it's like a part of her body.
Noe either has class in the afternoon, so eat at home and when he got up high (since we have never the bomb) he injected it and while he wore it, he washed, combed ... he gave time to start breakfast.
Panic give me the syringes, I never used them, always feathers.
Well, what a paragraph.
Kisses and good Sunday to all.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/20/2009 6:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Patrice, we live in Llanes.What part of Asturias are you?

My daughter ate at school, when I went to Primary.But she debuted with 8 years and it was herself who made decisions regarding guidelines and others, with the base she had from home.
Now he is 16 years old and goes to the institute.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/20/2009 8:43 a.m.

Welcome Patrice!
My son has a year longer than yours.Last year he went to the two -year -old classroom only for Mñana and this year she has started 1st of Infant.We have a wonderful teacher who makes the post breakmater glycemia (10:30) and food (16h) and according to that we have given a protocol to follow (give all lunch, not give lunch to give an extra cookie in addition to lunch, give himA cookie in the afternoon or call us from a certain blood glucose etc) for now has everything right.What we do not ask is to handle the insulin pump to correct it if it is high.My big problem is food time.I bring it home to eat and it is an ordeal.In addition to being going up all day and going down to look for him, he never wants to eat at noon so he spends 2 hours arguing with him to get 3 R of HC.I am at the limit with this issue.I think I'm going to talk to school to see what can be done.It seems to me that it is impossible that someone can handle rations insulin exercise ... but I think I'm going to talk to see what they tell me.I am bitter with the subject as you see.
The theme bomb for me has been salvation.Positive: I can put the insulin as I eat.I can put very small doses that with the syringe were very difficult to load and I think it made it very erratically given the little precision of the syringes.I don't kill him to punctures that he had fatal.He did not let himself click and had to hold it.Now to place the TB catheter I have to do it but it is a change every 3 days.
More positive things: you can sleep more on weekends since handling the basal (the insulin that happens continuously) you get it not to get off if it gets out late.You have more flexibility of TB schedules with meals for the same.And more things that do not occur to me now.
My son carries the bomb in a pocket that I have put on his back in his interior shirts and as they said he goes to the park, he is thrown out of slides, he revolts a thousand and has no problem.
In Navarra where I am to place a bomb you have to meet a requirement among those who are having a bad control of diabetes, that the needle panic has, that the parents have capacity and are willing to be well on top of the child andSome more.
We also had to fight a bit for the bomb.The main endocrine is not very modern in terms of new technologies and was put to the defensive when we took the subject, but in the end we achieve it.
The inconvenience that I see him, which cannot be compared to everything he gives me, is that in summer, the pool and the beach is somewhat more complicated by the subject of catheter.But we manage.(How encyclical I have fallen !!!!!!!!)

Velia, I wanted to ask you even if I know you already answered this once.When I change the oblique catheter I purged it with 0.7 but it is that the first 8 hours always rise to me a lot.I know that you purged with more and then do something more special when it is just changed?LERNA AND YOU.
MORNITA: How was the insertion of the minilink.How old was your little boy that I don't remember?
Kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
12/20/2009 5:02 p.m.

My mother, you are so many new ones since I don't know who is who: oops:
Patrice welcome to the little family as I say.My baby is called Nayah and it's going to turn 5 years old, debut with 8 months and we have been with the bomb for 16 months.We have been with syringes too.On the bomb I think I have nothing more to add, I think it should be mandatory treatment from the first moment of the diagnosis in such young children.Our ancient endocrine was also contrary to it and in the end we had to change the province to put it on us, so as you will see the thing is not so easy according to what sites, everything depends on what I told you before, but you insist everythingwhatever it takes, and more.
Santesteban, what you asked Velia (that she corrects me if not, I think I remember the basal for 2 hours approx.What I don't remember well was how exactly 10%???
Here and luxury glycemia, although it is with mockery, the homeopath works, although all this I say very short, you know .....
Velia, mine, because the usual, my alien moccos that are already doing their own, who like risk sport and are going to do in my ears ...... I say it for that of them "Pour
Marcita, Noe I'm glad.
Mani, to see if you tell us how the chocolates their first time in the snow.
Today I was guarding, I will see how it is now and I can sleep something that tomorrow we have the party of the school and then doctor, to see how I finish, that you want vacation!Besots

Beky's profile photo
Beky
12/20/2009 8:44 p.m.

Ah, I forgot Mornita, you have seen the possibility of asking for sensors directly to the United States, now with this internet you may do so and it gets cheaper, maybe not the shipping costs are not so expensive and worthwhile?
All the best

Beky's profile photo
Beky
12/20/2009 8:49 p.m.

Good morning,
Cold and rainy, we lack the water.
Beky, you with your Moccos Didn't you give you any solution last year?I'm glad Nyah goes better with homeopathy.
Little to tell, it seems that Noe is better of his cold, he has been sleeping as God for two nights and wishing to finish the school, so he says now.
Santesteban, the meals is a roll, I do not know if in your school there will be someone trained or arranged, we are totally unthinkable in mine, they do not even do a blood glucose ...:-/, it is a matter of patience and wait for them to gobeing older.
Well, you have a good day.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
12/21/2009 3:26 a.m.

Good morning to all
Patrice, my girl also carries insulin bomb and I have to add to everything the other moms have said, we changed our lives and I threw myself to say that no one who has made the decision to put the bomb to her little/It would be removed except for a cause of force majeure, not if before going through a horrible disappointment.For me what my daughter earns as life exceeds all the contrary I can have.

Santesteban to us is the opposite of you, provided we change the catheter tends to lower glycemia and the Bolus have a greater effect, especially the first, to the point of having to put less quantity, it is as if the barley tb tb les lesIt would effect.To give you an example, if the snack corresponds to 0.8unid.And before we have changed the catheter we have to lower the amount of bolus to administer, more or less 0.2 or 0.3, we will put a 0.6 to snack and at dinner exactly the same and that night we knowthat will have a tendency to go down.

The same if it is high and we have to change catheter, we have to be careful with what we put as a concealer because we know it will work quickly.We have always attributed it to barley, this is something that has always happened to us both with the 6mm catheters and with the obliques.

Well girls I see that our kids are almost all with "moquettes", mine has been thus since last Wednesday (without fever) but with moquets.The glycemia more or less well, we have had to climb more or less 0.2 in each bolus so that we are not going to 200.

Good girls a very big kiss to all moms and especially the kids and not so small.

DiabetesForo
12/21/2009 4:20 a.m.

Good morning!!!!
Becky, what a snowfall has fallen in Burgos, huh ???My mother, how is the panorama .... here it rains intensely .... I am glad that Nayah is doing homeopathy well.And you, why don't you try?infection....
Santesteban, we put a temporary double the one that has been for 1.5 hours or so ... anyway you have to see, you can start putting one of 20% more and so you see how you work.Other times, I directly put a Bolus ... is that each one is a world.Look what happens to Lena.In the end.
Marcita, Becky, I forgot the other day "ask you" that congratulation of the kids ...: oops :: oops:
Marcita, that you have a good time in the function.We are also at 12.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/21/2009 4:45 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much to all, if before entering the forum I was clear now after reading your opinions I am already totally determined and willing to fight what is needed to get a bomb for my son.

The school does not know what luck you have, in mine despite having a doctor who goes every morning to pass consultReview that such, I think it is very comfortable for them to continue as if it were not with them.Last year I bother me to prepare a medical report by Alejandro with guidelines to follow and leave them a glucometer, they returned it to me at the end of the course without opening, so this year I have been in Casita.

Ah by the way I am from Oviedo, that beautiful land we have huh, you do not see what I miss it, I am looking forward to having vacations and leave there to enjoy.

My little one like you with many Moccos and today also with a few tenths of fever I hope that I do not go to more because otherwise I know what glycemia plays in the morning of more than 300 and with acetone, never fails when it gets bad.

Kisses, Chao.

DiabetesForo
12/21/2009 2:45 p.m.

So Carbayona, huh?
Well, Patrice.I usually go to Oviedo to Celia's reviews and there my children were born.It is one of the most beautiful cities in Spain.

We continue in contact.

Happy parties and a hug to all.

DiabetesForo
12/21/2009 3:21 p.m.

Patrice, is your child going to nursery and the next year changes the school?
It is that with these ages of our offspring, I think that the priority when choosing school is to go to a place where they will pay attention to him.Although it depends a lot on the teacher that touches them if they want to get wet or not, you have to see the line a little or what the director thinks.I had it when it came to deciding where I took it.I was lucky enough for which I had decided before the debut, we went to talk to the director and it seemed to the subject.

On the topic of the catheter recently placed, we with the 6 mm for 24 h put the bowling 20% ​​lower than it corresponds since the insulin enters much better and ´Itía hypos.The same thing happens to us except the first 8 hours in which we are shooting.
I'm going to try the basal little by little as you say
That you enjoy the festivals and performances of your children.
And Merry Christmas

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
12/21/2009 4:34 p.m.

As Velia says this is a world and each one is going.I tried to raise the basal 10% for an hour and a half but there are days that I do well and there are others in which it makes me hiccup, so I have left it, I prefer to correct later.
Well, the otter did not give me any solution, the scanner went well but I am made shit.I carry with homeopathy two weeks and for now the mucos do not go shunHope there, I hope this works because if I don't see any more alternatives.
From the snow there is nothing, we have not been able to release the sled, I hope that some more wisdom remains but that it is not tomorrow that we are going to spend these days and I am already "disgusting" by the trip,It made me very cagica with the girls.:?Let's see if we can go with the girls to see the lights and by the way "medorebrar" our fifteenth anniversary that goes more bad day to "regret" :)) I take the opportunity to congratulate you the holidays and wish you that you have a great time.
A kiss for all, appeared and missing.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
12/22/2009 12:19 p.m.

Santesteban, if you are going to nursery now and do not believe that it brings me head about the next year, because I do not know where you live but here in Zaragoza more than choosing your school is where you can find places according to where you have the home soMany options do not leave you.

Alejandro in the end has fallen wrong right now is the poor with 38 fever I hope that on Christmas Eve this better and can enjoy, for now the controlled glycemiah less in the morning that I always have the same problem, after breakfast I get more than more than200 even 300 if I hurry me, but then it gives you low before eating, I don't know if the same thing happens to you?In the hospital they always tell me the same thing that in the morning there is a lot of insulin resistance but they don't give me any solution.

Health for all.

DiabetesForo
12/22/2009 1:39 p.m.

Hi Patrice, welcome.

I am also from Zaragoza, what doctor takes you?

I have no bomb experience, since I am very new in this, and for the moment I have not even considered it.I guess for a child it is the best, especially if you use those small amounts.For me, I don't even think about it, I am doing well with my current therapy.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
12/23/2009 5:47 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Becky to enjoy in Madrid.We will go on the 28th or so ...
Patrice, one of the advantages of the pump is to be able to use different basal sections in the day, that is, if you need more insulin to the first time in the morning the basal time is increased, which at noon arrives low, it decreases.Of course it is much more physiological than having an insulin (Lantus, Levemir) swarming through the body ... another thing, with a pump there is no residual insulin, except for the ones of the bolus (insulin units that are put to cover theMeals or to correct hyperglycemia), so when you have gastroenteritis it is also easier to cope with the situation, in addition to being more difficult to have serious hypoglycemia.
This is very slow, I greet on the route and we are going to share.
Kisses to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/23/2009 6:24 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good,
I have been stopping for a couple of days and with the little one at home ... I am well entertaining.
Velia, the congratulation is a "homemade" postcard that I made of Noe, if you want you spend a private with your email and send it to you.
Patrice, I hope the little one recovers soon and enjoy these days.
We do the suitcase, that tomorrow we are going to my town until Sunday.
I also take the opportunity to wish you to spend a happy Christmas Eve, and through the houses that Pasa Noel, that comes generous.
Kisses and care on the road.

DiabetesForo
12/23/2009 10:30 a.m.

Merry Christmas to all
A hug for all

Pumba's profile photo
Pumba
12/24/2009 6:25 a.m.

From this corner,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

dulce's profile photo
dulce
12/24/2009 6:34 a.m.

I spend a moment to wish you that you have a good night .... I am very happy to know about Pumba and Dulce (to see if one day you have a ratin and tell us how you are going;)
Kisses for everyone and especially for the kids ... Ah, I don't know if Dad Noe arrives at your home, here a detail falls, we'll see this year .... I want to go down to the living room below to see ifThere is something in the tree ....

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/24/2009 11:20 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.