{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Good morning !!! ... how are those kids?Yesterday we had a file X, which I fear that this time it was called "bubbles in the cable" .... it cost us a 400 and peak, a change of catheter, correction with ball, come on, that Angela was most happy...AggGGGGGG ...
And how tired this, Godssss
On Friday Dana and Ángela made profiteols, one the cream and another the dough.They left them like this, as is, without chocolate or caramel coverage, they were soft and little sweet, what do you think if I tell you that Angela has zamped a few during the weekend, for breakfast, snackNo strange effect on your glycemia?Each one calculated it as 3/4 of ration ... she happier than an eight and wanting to repeat .... the recipe is in the red arguiñano book, it seems to me that it is called 1069 recipes ... if someoneHe doesn't have it and I want it, it's quite easy to prepare.
Marcita, last night I remembered that I had read that you were going from Cáceres soon, I remembered when I was bedThings. That coffee is standing ... you will tell me.
I'm going to read the forum and I start studying, which I have gone to buy early and I'm going with a lot of delay.
Kisses to all and good day

By the way, Mormita, tell me how the dressings you use.If they do not rush or take off much .... We have tried 3 brands, but the one that is doing well is Handsaplast ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/15/2009 4:51 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Good morning to all!My mother I come from Mercadona and Stoy that

Well I enter a moment to tell you Velia that we use Omnifix dressings.As you have tried enough (because the catheters were taken off), the omnifix (nose if you have tried it) we are great from the first day we use it.It comes in a roll and you can cut whatever you want and with the way you want, the roll lasts a lot of time and there is no one who takes it off, we take it off, you know with the splash of alcohol.Since they told us at the hospital, he changed our lives, he is a great dressing.It is one of the few dressings that we have tried that he resists the gels when we bathe it.This summer endured all the dip of the pool without detached, only once a little took off and how I caught it in time, I cut a piece of the omnifix (in the shape of donuts) and we saved the catheter, it is more endured the following dip.

A little kiss, I'm going to prepare the meal that daddy will come with the little school.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/15/2009 7:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Lena, the omnifix How do you put it?On the skin and then do you put the catheter do you put it after putting the catheter?
It is that Celia last night came out again: Twisted: And we are more than fed up.We have to put something like that, let's see if we end the problem.

Well, I do not roll up, that today is Celia's birthday and I am preparing her favorite dish: lasagna.

Health to all.

DiabetesForo
12/15/2009 8:03 a.m.

GOODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS !!!!
Again here.I'm glad to see that glycemia are normalized, which I don't like is the issue of catheters.
Beky, how funny Nayah.Those of our school are so bland that the little ones, those of Infant, do not intervene at the end of the course festival, they manage with a visit by Santa Claus, that some scares them more they like.
Velia, I hope to throw that cafelillo soon.Go fabric with files X.
Congratulations to Celia for her birthday.
Lena, Santesteban, Mornita ...
Kisses and good afternoon.

DiabetesForo
12/15/2009 10:41 a.m.

Alea Mira, I am going to tell you how we do it, we put a catheter and then with the omnifix we make a donuts with the diameter a little larger than that of the catheter to hit the skin.

Now I tell you how to do, first omnifix then cateter and again omnifix, this is called the Sandwich technique (it is not hunting eh?) They call it that really.When they explained it to us at the hospital we did not learn well and that is why we put it like that, later in a review we realized that we did not do it correctly, but talking to the educator and since as we had done it had not given us problems we decided notchange our technique.But I explain how they should do as they told us.The truth is that the ones that the catheters be deconed is like that it gives you something.We spent a time that Mare Mia !!!

The truth is that since the child has the pump, we had everything, change of bubble pump, takeoffs of catheters, 6mm catheters that did not last anything and took us to 300 and something else than to tell it to tell.

Now it seems that we are in good streak, I do not say it very high for what can happen.

Alea I love to be able to contribute something to this forum because in so little time you have helped me and contributed so much that I feel ... well in short I let myself be sentimental :( :(

A very big kiss to all

DiabetesForo
12/15/2009 11:03 a.m.

Thank you very much, Lena.I think I will try your system first, before the sandwich.

And to contribute, nobody knows as much as to know everything, nor does anyone know so little as not to be able to teach anything.
That is why the forum is so useful, we all learn a lot and teach what we can.

A hug.

DiabetesForo
12/15/2009 11:59 a.m.

We also use the omnifix.The right thing is to use it in Sandwich, because in the other way the omnifix can pull the catheter and take off before, which we checked in the first person and we ignored that of Medtronic when he explained it to us ...:-/, then there is the spray, nineteen, although we no longer try it.
LUCK ALEA.

DiabetesForo
12/15/2009 1:27 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Maclaudi, if you read us and tell us something.How are Claudia?And you? ... Ando Liadísima, now we are taking more hours of study, it seems that our life moves around the opposition, but to see if we throw a ratillo to speak.
Becky, how about you ... You will be good for cold.The other day I saw a program of those "trips" that have become fashionable lately, I don't know what country it was but should be Nordic or very cold, and they said that the kids in school spent most of the timeOutside, it didn't matter if snow, it rained or sunbathed.It was a way of immunizing them, and it must be true .... I as a child I remember more than the Sunday coat.I grew up in the street (Joé how bad it sounds) I practiced from a very small basketball training daily with rain, wind or whateThey can move, hahahaha .... I can think about what is a rebeca?Gar on the children when the mother is cold .... hahaha ... for God's, that the clamp leaves.

Lena, better that Alea is not going to say it, because that, what each one contributes is very valuable for others, fortunately ... and of course I am also glad to contribute a granite ...;);)

Angela does not put anything in the catheter .... I play wood ... I will ask anyway for the omnifix for the sensor, although I already say that of all the proven the one that has truly served us has been the Hansaplast.

Marcita, that noe does not function?Well, what more boredom ... Angela has her party on Monday, and this year we can go the parents ... there are times that they do not leave.Is that your school is small and if we all imagine what mess.

Well, that I roll up and it doesn't give me time.

Kisses to all, present and absent (by the way, Jose, what is it of you?;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2009 4:48 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good and coldssssss days.
Here we are at Casa warm that today Nyah has risen very high and since I have let it rest because he said it was not very good, to see if we arrived without further setbacks on Monday that is the function of the school.
Congratulations to Celia, you have a happy day and above all that glycemias accompany you.
Marcita How about your neck?And then I complain about our school because they have no end of the course: Evil :, yours has no name, with the illusion it makes to the kids.
Velia, here cool, cool but because of what I have seen either we have nothing to envy to the rest of Spain, the bad is if the air blows.By the way, I also saw in travelers around the world or some of these, I do not know if it would be the same program that you saw, in Finland, I think it was, the first day the children were born left that night in the open, inThe street !!!to immunize ........ The journalist asked if no one took it.If you do that in Spain, forget about a child.:?
Santesteban, the manual catheter, a couple of noses, yes sir.
Lena, sometimes we even learn more about the rookies that we were outdated.;)
Jose, to see if it is true, that we have not known anything for a long time.
McLauidi, I hope the girl is already phenomenal, a kiss.
I forgot, to refresh my memory, those who have minilink ...... Cacharro you bought it and the fungibles finance them follow or also pay them?
Bstes

Beky's profile photo
Beky
12/16/2009 7:43 a.m.

Becky: Social Security does not pay me anything at all, but as in all the joy goes for neighborhoods ... I have read the fungibles, a box with 10 sensors each sensor comes out just over € 60,Counting that every sensor lasts 6 days, you can calculate ...
Velia: You have had to change the minilink transmitter?Does that also pay you in Social Security?I say it for costs € 1000 plus VAT, I have been told that it lasts a more or less than a year and a half, so I am already forgetting a pay for the remains.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/16/2009 3:05 p.m.

Good morning!!!
Becky, is the little one better? ... Ángela back to high state tonight, between that and the seism, small nohecita!.

We bought the meter and give us the sensors .... Mormita, we spoiled the minilink before summer and they have lent us one while repairing it ... Juanlu has already bought a couple of them in all these years ....A full performance have been lasting just over the year.The useful life depends on the use, so if you put it in an interrupted way it will last longer ... but if, take charge that one pays a year is for the cause:-/
Well, and what do your children ask for kings? ... Angela already knows about the parents, what a pity !!!, but we still do not take away the illusion, who has felt fatal to me to find out when I was a child ....He has made the letter and we tell him that if there is no illusion there are no gifts .... Anyway, that this year is very different ... he asked the Wii, how strange !!!(Well, her friends have a long time ago) ... at least we save so many toys, and both Zarrio, that one day we will have to leave home ...
And Dana was brought a car, as we bought it from 2nd hand we already gave it to him ... some tangle we will put on him, but I would have liked me that the kings would have brought me a car:-/ ... ...
By the way, I have told you that they have chosen Dana again as president of the Student Council ????;)

Well, and little else, I will try to do a practice that at 12.30 we have a talk in the school on sexuality ....

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/17/2009 3:59 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good,
Here we walk in the rain, finally, and it is like, yesterday all day and today I do not think to start.
How are the kids?Noe continues with many phlegm and above all, a lot of congestion, tonight has slept, leaning on my chest, so tomorrow the pediatrician.
Velia, what a pity that Angela has learned about the Magi ... Noe says that they bring him what they want, that he likes everything, well, less "things of Spiderman and Gormitis, that this is of children" :)), But what you like most are the things that have small pieces or that you have to mount and disassemble, so we have taken the big city of pets, the littles Pet Shop and the house of Pin and Pon flowers,More about grandparents, uncles ... Anyway, a great day, and since this year the school does not start again until January 11, time will have to play with everything.
Well, you have a good day.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
12/17/2009 5:05 a.m.

Merry christmas!!!
I already arrive ....... Everything is around here.This morning we have enjoyed how dwarfs, we would not go to eat: d mani, which penita is so far, I have agreed a lot about Nico and Nacho, as they would enjoy.How are you?
Nayah continues with many snacks and coughs.We have begun to go to a homeopath to see how it is going, for now Nyah has been very good for moccos and laryngitis, I told me that I had some bronchial mucus so I hope it is not what has appeared now, and I....... Do not comment.
Velia, often scare the earthquake!I had not heard until I read you, it must be impressive to feel one of those:-/.About the kings ... I am breaking my head because Nyah wants the Gatita Lulu, the nave of the little Einsteis and another baby that is bad, that was the other day and today I wanted something different .......So I don't know what falls because then it is the birthday, but we go the fixed bike because it breaks it.And Noa, if I have no idea, suggestions are admitted.
Marcita, how is it going?And your ailments?
Mornita, what a paste about the minilink, had the hope that the price would have dropped but if so it seems to me that we cannot afford it because I do not work.How about your little one?
I'm going to see if we can sleep today ....... kisses

Beky's profile photo
Beky
12/17/2009 7:04 p.m.

Good morning!!!
That, Mania, enters a ratín and tell us how are you going ???;)
Becky, to see how with the homeopath, you tell us.And what happens to you ???
Marcita, my house is full of Little Pet Shop and its corresponding clinics, stores, norias, etc, etc ... I do not know if it has more than 150 pets ... it is a vice and a pique with her friend Rebeca (to seeWho has more and better), but of course it must be training because they are when they play they spend an entire morning or an afternoon in it, I do not know if since it has so many dolls and so many accessories, only in placing they are goingHalf of time, hahaha ...
For Noa, Ufff, I'm already disconnected from little things for kids .... little help, Becky.
Yesterday, sexuality class in school, Rebeca's mother who is a nurse, you can not get the idea of ​​what these guys know.They are 10-11 years old and asked until it was a fellatio, but with all the letters .... come on, im-presumption ... hahahaha ...
And little else ... I will see if I wear and take advantage that we have to go out to buy some things.
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/18/2009 3:39 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good,
Beky, surely with homeopathy you are doing well, Noe was what took constipation, and in a short time uf!I don't even want to remember those times ...
Velia, the same thing happens, the dead hours play the "pets", in his park, in the clinic ... in short, they love.
Well, we now go to the doctor for Noe, to see what he tells us, because the nights are infernal, she suffocates, and to top it off, I have the blacksmiths at home, roofing the terrace and rainy threat, often panorama.
Good day.

DiabetesForo
12/18/2009 4:09 a.m.

Yes, the Minilink is a paste, but we have been from Wednesday with him and he has already warned me of two descents, for now I scored it in an 8, because yesterday night he began to give a weak sign and had to restart it, he had toIt supposes that was three days, but it has only lasted day and a half.Another disadvantage that I see, is that it is very apparent for a child, I do not know how the Dexcom I have not seen it live and direct, but I see this great especially the transmitter we go on the website compares it with a currencyTwo euros, yes, a little more and the thickness of two or three.
There is one thing that I do not understand, perhaps any of you know it because in U.S.A.It is worth the box of 10 sensors about 360 $ (which must be about € $ 250) and here we pay them at € 632 the box?More than double: Evil: It's like bombs in U.S.A.They are worth $ 5000 but here we pay them at € 5000, the favorable change of the euro must be incorporated as profits, because we do not understand.
I think that the only option we have left is that the Dexcom enters into play or other meter as competition but really, selling the prices sensors that are currently sold in U.S.A.Then those of Medtronic would have to lower the price.It is very sad but with those prices I do not believe that as continuous meters predict, nor that no health system can support it.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/18/2009 4:29 a.m.

Hello, a few days ago that I discovered this page and I have been reading you, in the end I have decided to write since after 1 year and a half living with the diabetes of my son I have come to the conclusion that more help and understanding ofPeople who live your same experience as doctors or family.

I introduce myself before all I am Alejandro's mother a precious child of 2 and a half years who debuted on the day of her 1st birthday, I wanted to tell you that both my husband and I was doing the diabetes very well until 1 month ago Alejandro had a hypoglycemiaIn which he did not lose his knowledge but if the vision (he did not see, the eyes were going one on each side), we were very scared since in this year and a half something had never happened to him even when I debuted sinceWe learned that I had diabetes because in his review of the year I put myself very heavy to make a blood glucose since I noticed symptoms that presage the worst (my uncle is diabetic and knew something about the subject).Well as I told you since then we have much more fear of the descents I imagine that it is normal when you see the wolf's ears.

What clashes a lot about this forum is that almost everyone has that your children carry insulin bombs, I wanted you to tell me if they are really all advantages, the first time I saw it when we were in the hospital they impacted me a lot and I thought thatI would never put Alejandro one but of course then I didn't know how hard it is to prick your son 4 times every day.In the last review I asked for information to our doctor and it was something amazing that they did not want to talk about the subject only after much insisting my husband in which we wanted information told us that they did not solve the disease and that also if the child was well controlled with theInjections it was very difficult for us to give it to us since we had to go through a committee that will accept your request.I wanted to know if you went through the same or here they are teaching me.

Well, I don't roll up more thank you for reading and I hope to be a regular of this forum that you help me and I help you as much as possible.

DiabetesForo
12/18/2009 5:08 a.m.

Hello, patrice.

My daughter has been bomb for almost a year.It is not a perfect system.No system is.However, I think it is the best of imperfect systems. And more in such young children, because you can play with tenths of insulin units.
Anyway, it has more advantages than inconveniences.

The prescription is already more complicated, depending on where you live.We in Asturias did not have too much problem.In Extremadura they are, perhaps, the most generous when putting them.However, there are communities that are quite stingy in that regard.
And it also depends a lot on the endocrine that takes it, that there is a lot of difference between them.

Telling where you live and maybe there is someone from the same area in the forum that can guide you more trustworthy.

Greetings and welcome home Alejandro and you.

DiabetesForo
12/18/2009 8:37 a.m.

Hi Patrice, Welcome !!!!
Regarding hypoglycemia: the 2 times my daughter has had an 8 hemo has been after the 2 serious hypoglycemia she has in her curriculum ... is logical, fear does not take away from you anyone ...: Oops:
With respect to the pump: I do not conceive half better for the control than the insulin pump ... as you say, nor is it the cure, nor the panacea, but despite the inconveniences, which has them, it is the best treatmentthat I know today .... and of course in a small child I don't understand another other than this ... Radical that is one!;)
And like everything new in life, starting with a bomb is like starting from 0, you have to learn well how it works and obtain the greatest performance of all the options you have, and for this you need time and dedication, something that some doctorsThey are not willing to use .... True shame.
I encourage you to keep investigating, to see if you can benefit from the advantages it contributes, that as I always say "to return to what we have, there is always time":-/
We hope to have you as "like this," sure you have a lot to contribute.

A hug and a little kiss for the little one!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/18/2009 10:34 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

We live in Zaragoza, although I am Asturiana and my whole paternal family is from there.Here as I have told you, it is something exaggerated the little information that they give you about the bomb even seems that you get what they do not call you, although I plan to insist, the next review we have in February and I will not give up.

I already imagine that I will have his inconveniences as everything related to diabetes but that I improve my son's quality of life, and that I cannot complain because Alejandro is a lovely child who never complains about the puncturesAnd you eat all its Rations of CH without grinding, but I am so sorry to see all the marquitas in their skin.Apart what you say about the small doses of insulin I can not prick with the bowls because we move in dose of 0'25 and I have to load them in a syringe to be able to be as accurate as possible.

I wanted to ask you how you do it at school if your children stay to eat or go home, I have no problem becauseGoing to school, because now only 3 hours goesSince I put it on until I give breakfast.

Kisses and thanks.

DiabetesForo
12/18/2009 3:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.