{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Marcita please tell me all about the chocolate.What a chocolate it was if I ate bun that you put ..... tomorrow I have chocolate and I don't know what to do.I still make a chocolate brand but I would love to tell me.Although it does not work for meñana how the Christmas time begins and there are many chocolates will come good.
Kisses to all

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
12/05/2009 9:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello again.Yesterday the chocolate went well, all under control but with a chocolate manned for him so tell me that you did Marcita.
Girls, yesterday I had to put David a catheter of those before 6mmm.The oblique is increasingly dramatical, cries mogollón and is seen that Mogollon hurts.Yesterday, as soon as we wake up, as we knew we were going to put the catheter, he began to cry bitterly for an hour, and ... what a heart pain !!We risk and put a 6mm praying so that it would not be taken off or clogged.For now it is working and crying much less and became very happy when he saw that it hurt little.I don't know what we are going to do.The 18 have an endocrine review.
What envy you do with the minilink velia but seen what hurts the oblique catheter I do not know if we can use it.How is Shandra?
McLaudi how did you manage at the end after deniring permission?Neither Endocrine professionals themselves know what life is really with a child with diabetes.Much encouragement and strength.
Kisses

santesteban
12/07/2009 6:16 a.m.

Hello!For a while I did not participate, although I read you often, we have been with the bomb for a short time so I can't advise much.
Santisteban: do you use Emla before inserting the catheter?I have not yet used the obliques, but in the 6mm, my son notices nothing, in fact once he slept and did not know anything.Although of course the obliques are much longer.We have an appointment next week to put the minilik, and it is true that the sensor is afraid of how big it is, without anesthetical it hurts a lot, my son has only taken the hospital, they put it without emla and fell two fat tearsof pain.Now we will try Emla, at least an hour before, we'll see how such.
Next week I will tell you our experiences with the meter.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/08/2009 5:22 a.m.

What a pity, Santesteban !!!!.It only occurs to me that you cheat him ... (poor) that you show him the round catheter and click him with the other (I assure you that if you do well with the anesthetic they lose the sensitivity, so much so that Angela is not believed that I am pressing itWhen I ask him how and I am squeezing his guteo .... maybe it's something psychological ... I hope.
Mormina delighted to read you again ... how are you doing ????
Maclaudi ... huge kisses, for my 3 girls
Paz, Alea, Becky, Jose, Mani, Mani ...Accompany (let's see if possible, because we carry a streak .... mmmmmmmmmmmmm)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/08/2009 6:23 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello family,
How are you all?I hope well because you don't see movement, that seems good signal in general.

I carry several days to write but I still vague. We are fatal, glycemically speaking.He believed that file x we ​​had in October could not be repeated, because he has done it, even worse.
Nyah began to have peaks of more than 300 promptly last week and we still try to do something with it but everything in Valde, then lost his appetite and began to have drops but very fat, 40. We have already started with the reabsorption of the hydrates.He continued with up and down, he went from 300 to 40. Now the glycemia of the night are 300 but then after having breakfast the paste an incredible low, I am putting it less than half of the insulin and everything with sugar and arrives through theHairs, the same as the other time.The worst happened the first day this happened because I did not go back, about to put the glucagon and in the end we save a Coca-Cola.The truth is that this is worrying me a little, it is the second time that happens to us in 4 years and I do not see it very normal, I have come to think if I will not be beginning to have symptoms of some type of diabetes of these rare, such asThe one who had a former girl who did not reabsorvia the hydrates, one who had a discussion with a soul ..... I guess you remember veterans.
I don't know, I have a low nose, I am desperate, overwhelmed, pissed off, helpless, depressed, distressed ........ What will be affecting this to your body, has dark circles all day .......
Tomorrow I will call Medtronic to inform me about the Minilink although with how bad Nyah does the punctures do not know if it will be feasible.
Well, I just hope this ends this because today as there were already school we have spent the hydrates in recess for fear and tomorrow as gymnastics I don't know how to end.
A kiss for everyone, I will see if I sleep ......... and that the glycemias accompany us, please !!!!!!

Beky's profile photo
Beky
12/09/2009 7:09 p.m.

Becky, Nayah is growing and I assure you that sometimes it surprises what the guidelines can change in a short time ... it is logical that your heads do not stop spinning, who does not give them, but taking into account that "any phenomenon"It affects glycemia, it is perhaps more logical to think than a virus, the different activity you have on vacation or the growth itself is the cause of that lack of control.On the other hand, when you are in a roller coat, it is very difficult to "hit" with the guidelines and amounts of HC, s .... It is likely that for not tracing they are administered more than they would usually occur, or thatCorrect more insecurity .... I don't know, I can think of this ... We will have to take a little time, and if the situation does not improve with the endo, to see what it proposes.
Marcita, how about the bridge?
Kisses to all and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/10/2009 4:01 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Well, it seems that the storm is sending, tonight has been low as expected by having the high insulin to lower the 300 that generally had, and this morning the breakfast values ​​have also shot how to wait inThe moment that normality will arrive ......... is not much coincidence ???Does the glycemia of the night have to have relationship so that this happens in the morning ???
Velia, of course, has also happened to us what you comment on the corrections, another factor for my headaches for doing it.I am almost sure that it is an intestinal virus like the one again because it makes more cacas a day and they are softer than usual, but with these things you always get to raise the worst, I at least.When they are hyper they can be 50,000 factors but when they are hypoglycemia like the ones I was having for breakfast .........
Breakfast: 3.5 rations, average natural juice.I put it a little less than 1 of insulin per ration and the basal to 0.30, it is already known that in the morning it is when there is more resistance to insulin.Now it was 0.05 the basal and I put only two insulin units as much and good with sugar to endure and just just.In the previous file we have only put an insulin unit at breakfast ....... :?
Well today I am more happy because our favorite group Pearl Jam comes to play this year and you have to get caught input, then to leave the girls we will eat our heads like the previous time.
I leave your "wish list."

Kisses

Beky's profile photo
Beky
12/10/2009 7:39 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Becky, how are you going ????Let's see if it is true that the storms are referring ... and enjoy with that concert, that jolin, we deserve a little of something other than rations, bolus and controls !!!! ... if necessary you bring meWe take care of them from a thousand loves here.
And the rest ????I understand that everything goes "marching"
Kisses and good day!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/11/2009 4:12 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good morning........
Already, Yaaaaa, finally the thing is leaving, yesterday not a hypo, was high after recreation but now touches theme supereajustes.
Well, Velia Pillo a plane and I leave you there because you want a concert, do not see, it also catches us very close to Bilbao, but just think how we are going to do to leave the girls with someone on Friday.The family is in Madrid so we will have to get to know a kangaroo so that I know the subject and we take confidence, we will see.
I am glad that you are not so little, if they are only the ailments of the age that is already known that it cannot be solved :));););
How is Angela still?
Where do people go ???of bridge still ???

Beky's profile photo
Beky
12/11/2009 4:29 a.m.

Goodaaaaaaaaaaas !!!!!!
As I said this morning on the route, I am quite annoyed with the cervicals, come on, I look like a plaster ...
For the rest, Noe is pretty good and the bridge, in my town with my family has passed in a sigh, thankfully Christmas soon arrives:-/
Santesteban, because the chocolate thing went to "Ojimeter", by eye, go.Noe took the house cao of home, they only had to heat it and the churros because more or less the HCs that have the loop that they sell frozen and fry at home, because I made an approximate calculation with which he ate (they were from churrería) and then I put Bolus square, and the play went well.The same thing I do in the meetings, of course that with the cakes it is impossible, it also does not like dulzainas.
Mornita, what a joy to see you here.
Beky, I'm glad that Nayah is happening, now adjustments and more adjustments.As I told you in the thread of the route, if it is another virus in the belly, I would tell the pediatrician to ask for stool analysis, there may be a bacterium that bothers him from time to time.
Velia, that I have to stay with you to have coffee, that we have little in Cáceres, it seems to me.I will tell you.
That you have a good night and kisses to kids and older.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/11/2009 2:51 p.m.

Good night!!!!
Yesterday I wrote long and lying and I deleted everything, and that after a day of horror ...... I did not cry for exhaustion to see how everything written disappeared.
Beky, I'm glad you have left file X. I have felt very identified with you.I have "passed".
I insisted that the 6mm catheter worked as it was tired of making him suffer.But the 2ndCateter that I put (had 300 glycemia, although it was not taken off) lasted 6 hours and the next 0 minutes.As I saw that I had no other, I put an oblique but without inserter to see if it did less and put kilos of emla, (the same was being a bit rodan) .If that hurt something less but we continue in 300 for 24 hours.The problem was not the catheters, I still don't know what the problem was (no bubbles, no fever, not coughing, not muffins ...).Insulin was Agua de la Fuente, it did nothing.Even after getting down, it was to feed and get on the clouds again.It seems that the thing today has gone, we will see the night.I have called the Medtronic boy to tell me if there is any problem in putting the cateters by hand and if there is any other trick so that the catheters do not hurt.He will investigate a little about the manual insertion and calls me.Very nice.
Have you ever put the catheter?
Mornita, as you see if I use Emla auque I think I have been Rácano for fear that it will be absorbed too much.
Kisses and that glycemia accompany us by Favooooor

santesteban
12/11/2009 5:42 p.m.

Santesteban Do you know what happens to me?Well, when I read your messages, it is as if it were the one who wrote them.Because my day to day is equal to yours.I know that what I am going to say is going to sound, but it reassures me to know that someone is going through what we were going through, for a while I was super worried thinking that they were going to remove the bomb and that we were going to see how at the beginning withThe multiple dose with syringe, looked at my daughter and made me very sad, my little boy no longer remembers when we constantly clicking her with the syringe, it was just a baby.

I thank God for having found this forum, for reading Velia and Alea talking about the oblique catheters, because when I said it in the hospital or called Medtronic they told me, this does not happen to anyone else!, Nobody told me aboutThe possibility of oblique catheters.We get to change catheter almost daily for sayings 300, well you can imagine a total anguish!

The other day something similar to you happened to you, in the early hours of Tuesday to Wednesday the little!, We reassured her, she fell asleep, she woke up crying again, mom hurts the catheter!We chose to change it but we decided to put the 6mm (it the oblique also hurts a lot, I think that apart from everything as it knows that it will hurt the double), the insertion zone was fine, maybe it touched her insideSome muscle (he wore him on his thigh) and that's why it hurt, he fell asleep and the next day we did not take her to school, we let her sleep, we were very sorry for a small night passed the poor.

The 6mm a day and a half ... Bummmmm !!!!365mg/dl, is that this catheter does not give us barracks.

We have a weekly that to miss it, in the posts (every day behind a different bolus of food) we are put to almost 300, yesterday in the breakfast post, before yesterday in the post of the m/m, another dayIn the dinner post.Total that we are crazy, going up Bolus in all meals, and causing it on top of the occasional hiccups.Is that it is so disconcerting that ... very difficult to enstart with insulin.They will be hormones, it will be incubating something, what will be will be ..!

Look Santesteban, I'm going to tell you something that I am going to try with the anesthetic cream that they have told me to see if it makes more effect and we prevent it from hurting so much when putting the oblique catheter.

They have told me to put it an hour before, that the area covers it, after it normally bathes it to remove external cream remains, that the hair dries quietly etc.And after trying to put the catheter, it is assumed that since the cream has been taking effect theoretically it should hurt less or almost nothing.I put my hopes in this, this afternoon I will try it and I will tell you how it has gone.

Anyway, as Velia knows a lot about this, perhaps when I read my message I can confirm if it is well done.

Becki I am very happy that your girl's glycemiae are solved, I hope that it doesn't take long to solve ours also because I am going to give me something if they would throw me to the wall I assure you that I was stuckCOMPLETELY!

DiabetesForo
12/12/2009 6:12 a.m.

Here everything is calm, yesterday and today all day with normal values, to see if something is hitting in the forum, because it is desperate to be like this.
Lena, how do I understand you with the 300 all day at different times, who can take a guideline in such conditions?A lot of patience and I hope the cause appears soon to be able to solve it as soon as possible.
Santesteban have left me totally intrigued with manual insert, I have never done it, please tell.After so many years and the things that are learned in this forum.
Marcita, the congratulation came, how beautiful is noe and that the greatest.Nayah has asked me what disguise he will carry at Christmas function: D
Kisses

Beky's profile photo
Beky
12/13/2009 11:56 a.m.

We It seems that we have also returned to "gluconormality. I don't wantI'm going to tell the ones you are alone in the face of danger.
Lena, I hope you will go better.Analyzing the past I believe that in David it has been, hormones more bad calculation of corrections with the last catheter.Just put the oblique I think it goes up a bit, today it has happened to me again.
Beky, I have put 2 obliques without inserter, (today the second) and one of 6mm.The 6mm went wrong since it did not work and when it took it out it was like an accordion although I do not understand why.Once I had problems with the inserter and I called Medtronic, they told me that there was no problem putting them manually.
To place the oblique I take a pinch's pinch trying to take above all subcutaneous tissue that does not muscle and inserted it with very little angle.As with the insert, I sulked it without removing the paper that protects the adhesives and then removes them.Yes I think it hurts him less.I will tell you over time.
Well, I'm going to measure dinner post and see if I peeled the ear, that the little one will wake me up in Brebe because he will want Biberon.
How true is Lena that I have learned where about the problem of our children in this forum.
Kisses

santesteban
12/13/2009 4:47 p.m.

Santesteban: I put a good puegote of Emla, then I cover it with transparent film that subject to Mefix, also serves the tegaderm apostites but we are going much more expensive, and above all, let it act at least one hour.Then bath it or simply wash the area with soap and water, thus disinfect and eliminate the remains of Emla at the same time.Do not be scared if when you take it away, the entire reddened area is left, then at least my son is leaving.
Emla: With a recipe, ask for the large tube, there is another one that comes with apostites, but the tube is super tiny.
Transparent film: the kitchen, you cut a square and put it on top of the pegote.
MEFIX: It is a kind of elastic tape, similar to omnifix, but with a soluble water glue, let's put it in the bathtub and float just haha!To hold the catheter it does not work but for the "invention" of the Emla it is perfect because when it is easily detached, it does not damage skin.With recipe.
Now I have to know, if this assembly that I organize every month that the catheter will also serve when we insert the minilink sensor, the Wednesday I will know:-/

Velia: Your daughter has Tegaderm or IV3000 to cover the meter?I guess yes, like big?I mean everything that is the tegaderm sheet or do you cut it?Do you change or keep it all week?Phew!It gives me a lot of stick that my child carries all the plasticized culillo hehe!If the catheter adhesive I do not want to think ...

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/14/2009 1:54 a.m.

Santesteban effectively almost did not hurt, we changed it on Saturday, as I told you we throw the lambdalina an hour before (in our case we do not cover the area with anything and it did not redounted), then we bathe it .....and quietly we change cateter and bingo !!!!She herself told us that she had hardly felt the puncture.I will tell you if the next change goes as well.Coincidentally we have had great glutemia, it has not even had a 200. Maybe coincidence, I believe that when she is more relaxed (we explain it before) does not tense muscles and perhaps the catheter is better inserted.

Santesteban you are my heroine, my mother insert it manual!What a pair of c0-naucinada you have me if I cost my life to insert it with the prick that hurts to me, the first day I saw the needle almost dizzy :?:?

Well Becky, Santesteban seems to be on a streak, to see if the Normaglucemias last and last and last ...

Let's see how glycemia today that is a school day.

A kiss

DiabetesForo
12/14/2009 3:11 a.m.

Good morning!!!!
I am glad that everything goes back to its place.As an ancient partner would say "this is to piss and not drop" .... The fact is that we are well entertained, I say that something will serve, even to move the neurons well.
Santesteban, I do not know anything about the manual insertion with these catheter, I know that there are bombs that have no inserter and it has to be done like that .... How good that it will work with the obliques, to see if he also trusts, thatI just like Lena, I think that they put more or less tense also influences the pain they can feel.
Lena, how good that the new anesthetic-base system has worked, to see if it is not a coincidence .... Prado, who writes on Ruta de la Plata, did comment that the catheter was changed after the shower and thatIt hurt much less, maybe it has to do something and if you add the effect of lambdaline because a good combination.I have already commented that what I do is put the cream, cover with gauze in hollow and paste with a dressing, let it act for about 30-40 minutes, remove the cream with alcohol, dry well and prick ... with the minilinkI am doing the same operation, Angela did not work but Juanlu did not notice any pain ... I will tell you how we are doing.
Mormita, we cover with handsaplast, we bought it in roll and cut a good square that covers at least 2 or 3 cm around the meter .... by the corners it usually is wrinkling and getting ugly, sometimes at 2 or 3 days we put itAnother on top, but we do not usually remove it, except that from some problem the sensor or you have to load it, since it is so close to the minilink plastic that it is easy for the skin sensor to get out, even if you are very careful ...So that I do not take a risk.
Becky, Marcita, Maclaudi, Alea, Mani, to all, kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/14/2009 4:23 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

ç
"" "Good morning" "" for whom he has slept, little. By law E murfi when he was alone he played that something was twisted. He had insulin syndrome tonight as tap water like that of some ago some agodays
Lena, did you not put the emla an hour or did you bathe?I don't understand what your technique has changed.Tell me please I'm thick.I the time left leaving and I was thinking of putting the kitchen film as you say myan but I thought it was going to be held only by the effect of the same cream.S
Lena I am a nurse because I think it has helped me to launch it by hand but it gives me the same penalty and pain as you.
Yesterday placed the catheter with the help of my brother -in -law that held it to me and although I have put millions of catheters, roads, sutures and others since I work in the emergency room, my brother -in -law told me that I was nervous so ...
Kisses

santesteban
12/14/2009 4:28 a.m.

Santesteban: If you are not going to move if you can put only the transparent film the cream is stuck, but I do not limit the child to stick it and so you can play, it also coincides with a change of catheter with the swimming classesSo I usually put the "plastic" after class to change the Cater when we get home, so we take advantage of that time interval for Emla to take effect.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/14/2009 10:02 a.m.

Santesteban looks at what we have changed is the time, we only had it for half an hour and now we have it 1 hour and then we bathe it normally, it is true that I have explained it: look we throw the cremita now because ifWe have it for a long time when the catheter will almost not hurt, then we are going to take a bath and you will be relaxed ..... let's predispose it a little so that it is more calm!What Velia de la Gauso says we will try it tomorrow, I don't give me the feeling that maybe the little girl of Mornita puts red skin on the theme of the transparent film, perhaps as she does not perspire the skin because ... Anyway weWe use the labdalina (Velia and Alea recommended it) I don't know if the composition will be different from the Emla, it is written like this?

Marcita I hope that your best cervicals soon, to me all the tension is going there and I have had the occasional contracture, I have not had any so that I play wood.

Velia what pleasure makes me read with your wise advice.Tomorrow I test the gas.

Beki of the 300 seems that it has passed, I tell you very short very short it will not be that a pixie hears me and make one of his.;);)

DiabetesForo
12/14/2009 12:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.